MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Anyones car stall in R just after starting (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/686555-anyones-car-stall-r-just-after-starting.html)

roadkillrob 10-22-2017 05:56 PM

Anyones car stall in R just after starting

Sometimes when I start my car cold (70-80 degrees cold) and put it in reverse, it lurches and stalls. This had never happened in owning it for a year until I put Eurocharged V7 beta on it and now V7 release version. I have had the battery disconnected overnight also and it still does it - not always, only once every few weeks it seems, not sure it has anything to do with the tune, but did start about the same time.

Anyone else have their car stall in reverse at idle?

Jasonoff 10-22-2017 05:59 PM

When cold mine will hesitate going from R to D if I get on the throttle too quickly. BUT, my primary O2 sensors are ancient. The new par on my bench haven't installed themselves yet...

Forrest Gump 9 10-22-2017 08:01 PM

Your crank position sensor is on its way out. I had the same problem on my car and the CPS fixed that.

chrisridebike8 10-23-2017 02:17 AM

Mine did when I needed new fuel pumps. But it would also stall while taking off from a stop sometimes and it would hesitate under part throttle.

silverstar11909 10-23-2017 03:16 AM

I had that happen to be for the first time after owning the car for a year.. I was wondering if i didn’t put the gear all the way into reverse from lark and that was the reason it stalled. I have oe tune so I don’t think it has anything to do with your eurocharged. I’m not too worried about it. Just had service b and they said it was all good.

bullitt69 10-23-2017 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9 (Post 7292918)
Your crank position sensor is on its way out. I had the same problem on my car and the CPS fixed that.

Did it throw a code?

roadkillrob 10-23-2017 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by silverstar11909 (Post 7293122)
I had that happen to be for the first time after owning the car for a year.. I was wondering if i didn’t put the gear all the way into reverse from lark and that was the reason it stalled. I have oe tune so I don’t think it has anything to do with your eurocharged. I’m not too worried about it. Just had service b and they said it was all good.

Interesting, I was thinking about it and if I put it in Reverse with my foot firmly on the brake, I don't think it has ever happened, but if I put it in R with my foot on the brake lightly and let off the brake at the same time as I put it in reverse, I think that is when it happens, like it is a bit confused and drops the clutch too hard while engaging reverse - going to pay more attention to that.

Forrest Gump 9 10-23-2017 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by valjay (Post 7293127)
Did it throw a code?

not the first couple times. It’s the early warning sign

Amr_c63 10-23-2017 11:16 AM

Mine does not stall , but sometimes rarely it hesitates from R to D and takes like 2/3 seconds to engine 1st gear . My GF even was like wtf was that and she does not know anything about cars.

agp423 12-25-2017 04:30 PM

Mine stalls as well shortly after going into R. I've had this happen to me monthly in various temperatures. Do we know yet if this is definitely O2 sensor?

roadkillrob 12-25-2017 07:07 PM

Mine oddly has not done it in a while, also went back to V5 tune, so not sure if that is related or if it was something else that may occur again.