MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Star Tekinfo (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/687994-star-tekinfo.html)

Vladds 11-05-2017 10:59 AM

Star Tekinfo

Anybody here HAS BEEN on star Tekinfo?
I've done this for the Subaru, paid the lowest subscription, raided the servers, downloaded everything, then spent days sorting everything. In the loot there was 80% crap, but the 20% worth of goodies war worth it and there were 1 or 2 gems as well.
So did any of you take a look around in there, any goodies?
I'm most likely going to go in there anyway. Can't beat first hand, non-opinion-based-served-as-fact information.

Vladds 11-05-2017 11:36 AM

I'm in.
Starting to look around.
Picked up a list of acronyms.
Looking at engines, strange, different engine designations than those known here..
Maybe grouped by ECU numbers. We're under ME9.7, then "Engine 156"

Vladds 11-05-2017 11:40 AM

Random factoid (OBD):

If test readiness does not exist for individual systems or components, it can be established using the diagnostic unit

Vladds 11-05-2017 08:01 PM

There is a computer shut down time for the ECU, base time is 5 seconds but depending on system status can take several minutes. This is what screwed me over when I was trying to implement the changes in the Engineering menu for the reverse camera and it wasn't taking them. There ACTUALLY is a time that is needed for reboot.
There are the following limitations:
Engine maximum speed (we all know it), vehicle maximum speed (as its limited from the factory), but also .... maximum torque??? where, how and can it just be turned off?

Lightweight batteries? The ECU monitors the alternator. The alternator is not turned on at start up and turned off when the battery is sufficiently charged.
If the ECU detects battery undervoltage increases idle speed when D or R is engaged by 100 RPM.
The engine fan has a 5 minute delay operation after shutoff except if the battery has insufficient voltage, then that is cancelled.

This thing knows the resting position of the crank and uses it for the next start up. If you moved the crank manually, resynchronization has to happen, but seems like it's an automated process.
Neutral and Park engine speed is limited to 42000 RPM

Although there are only two knock sensors detection and timing control response is per cylinder. So these two can sort out which cylinder is knocking.

The intake manifold M156 air path is quite convoluted. The air goes to the bottom of the intake box, then through the throttle which flows upside down, then into the two variable paths. The flow paths look like they want to achieve turbulence for better emissions. I'm starting to think that the M159 intake manifold with basically velocity stacks inside a box and probably downdraft throttle, must be a better solution, can't be THAT bad for mid range torque.

2015 cars with mbrace subscription may be able to have remote diagnostic by the dealer.

Vladds 11-05-2017 10:14 PM

While all W204 sedans C63 have the same curb weight, the 2014 coupe is 11 lb heavier and the edition 507 coupe is 42 lb heavier. The 507 sedan is not heavier than the regular sedan.

Celicasaur 11-06-2017 06:37 AM

Keep the info coming, Vladds :y very interesting

Don't suppose it would tell you the weight of a W212 with pan roof will it? :o:

As for the SLS intake manifold, it's so much better than the normal one we have....part of me is tempted to buy the one for sale in the classifieds tbfh.

Vladds 11-12-2017 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How many times could you tune our cars, to try different thingsAttachment 414782