C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Magic 20 whp intake spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 04:33 PM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by Mazspeed
I'm not the *** clown who believes a spacer is going to make you 20 horsepower. As far as my contribution goes, I'll let all the people who thanked me speak for themselves.
i never said i was on board with 20hp show me where? but i am on board with the making a little difference. let all the people who thanked you speak for themselves? LOL you really are an *** clown. with all your godly knowledge and everything you know your C63 should be badass and you could be putting out products and numbers.....oh wait.....
The following users liked this post:
ec_nova (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
if you guys want to increase airflow contact Magnuson and get a hold of there air intake for there SC kit it has a larger bottom then factory one and is a great little upgrade
The following 3 users liked this post by mr747:
BadCompany (12-05-2017), BLKROKT (12-04-2017), Mazspeed (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 04:57 PM

Received 205 Likes on 146 Posts
C63 amg Custom 67 Camaro GLK 350 4matic 2017 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by Infiniti
i never said i was on board with 20hp show me where? but i am on board with the making a little difference. let all the people who thanked you speak for themselves? LOL you really are an *** clown. with all your godly knowledge and everything you know your C63 should be badass and you could be putting out products and numbers.....oh wait.....
Huh?? "with all your godly knowledge and everything you know your C63 should be badass and you could be putting out products and numbers.....oh wait....."

I don't put out products or claim my car does this or that. Where did you get that from? Why would I put out products?
I may not be a C63 expert, but I am an expert in airflow, carburation and fuel injection, suspension tuning for race cars.
This spacer will not give you 1 hp or 1 to improvement. None. They said they would send a set to me if I paid for them and tested them. Which they never got in touch with me over, but as far as how this can improve airflow or air capacity or even being less restricted. Air is the easiet thing to manipulate in a manifold. Hence why forced injection works so well around turns and curves, but it's not perfect. You need airspace per size of each cylinder bank of air. A spacer gives you nothing in relation to moving the filter out of the way because air being unforced can simply move out of the way. There isn't enough vacuum air intake to make any difference at 7k rpm on a NA motor. Now a forced injected motor is needing more air volume and fuel, but fuel isn't the issue. Air flow is. I'm far from the best from explaining things, but I'm telling you it won't work. There is simply not enough air needed to render something like this useful. I'm sorry for being a dick about this, but when I see garbage being trolled as a way to subtract money from people's wallets, it bugs the hell out if me. So I do apologize to you for my venom, but not for people peddling products that don't work.

Last edited by Mazspeed; 12-04-2017 at 04:59 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Mazspeed:
BLKROKT (12-04-2017), Deset (12-04-2017), happyeds (10-16-2018), zk2004mb (03-07-2023)
Old 12-04-2017, 05:20 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 p31 coupe, Clk550 cab, M3 coupe, LS430, 750LI
Exactly

Originally Posted by mr747
if you guys want to increase airflow contact Magnuson and get a hold of there air intake for there SC kit it has a larger bottom then factory one and is a great little upgrade
This is exactly what these spacers do but on a slightly smaller scale. But apparently increased airflow is not possible according to our resident experts, even with mag lower boxes. "Only way to see any gains is with charcoal delete or row airboxes." Lol at these Condescending ****s.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by SactownP31
This is exactly what these spacers do but on a slightly smaller scale. But apparently increased airflow is not possible according to our resident experts, even with mag lower boxes. "Only way to see any gains is with charcoal delete or row airboxes." Lol at these Condescending ****s.
So you're saying this is like a small supercharger, it's forcing air into the motor? Un-freakin'-believable. Hahahaha
Old 12-04-2017, 05:47 PM

Are there turbines built into the spacer? This is utterly ridiculous
Old 12-04-2017, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
I pulled my filters out yesterday. 30WHP gain. WINNING!
The following 3 users liked this post by Jasonoff:
Deset (12-04-2017), Ludedude (12-04-2017), Mazspeed (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 05:54 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Jasonoff
I pulled my filters out yesterday. 30WHP gain. WINNING!
It was like you bolted up a super charger, but at a slightly smaller scale.
BLKROKT (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
It’s like that ARMA intake with the electric fans. They’re like mini turbochargers you know.
The following 2 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
Deset (12-04-2017), Mazspeed (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 06:18 PM

Received 458 Likes on 202 Posts
2007 e350 sport. 2010 350 4matic sport. Worlds first W212 E63R self built.
Honestly I can’t say a spacer would give a hp jump. If it was was causing obstruction after the intake boxes on the flow patch towards intercooler I’d say hey there is flow improvement but it isn’t so I can’t see where the gain on the spacer will come from. BUT I can comment on the filter being changed from stock to a higher flow filter . Filter is an obstruction which dramatically slows down air flow. Higher flow filter speeds that air flow which the ecu does read which in turn would give you more useable power faster. Not much but I do I dyno numbers to prove there is gain removing stock filter and tossing in a k&n. Awhp jumped from 616 to 621 with meth but then added the filter in between runs and jumped to 628awhp then 634 . The meth is activated during peak power because I use it to help top end so it did not play a factor for peak power. I feel the filter helped with that plus it feels more responsive. So does filter help yes, does spacer help I can’t see that working ever. But I would like to see what the pulley does. This is my experience, not saying that it’s said in stone we all know a dyno isn’t accurate, but it is a tool to use as far as being able to see what mod does what as long as you stick with the same exact dyno

Last edited by Cifdig; 12-04-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:31 PM

Maz you're a tool. Mag supercharger system comes with replacement lower air boxes. This is what the other guy is was talking about. Increasing overall size of the airboxes. Not this being like a mag supercharger. You told a member learn to read. I suggest you learn to comprehend what you read.
ctravis595 (10-27-2020)
Old 12-04-2017, 06:42 PM

Maz you're a tool. Mag supercharger system comes with replacement lower air boxes. This is what the other guy is was talking about. Increasing overall size of the airboxes. Not this being like a mag supercharger. You told a member learn to read. I suggest you learn to comprehend what you read.
You said this in reference to someone posting about a super charger. "This is exactly what these spacers do but on a slightly smaller scale". No, he was not talking about lower air boxes. He was making fun of you. Now in what way is a spacer on a slightly smaller scale than a supercharger? What you'rs saying is that the spacer is on a slightly smaller scale than something that physical forces air into the intake manifold. Your sentence is the dumbest thing I have seen on an automobile forum and that's saying something. You have no clue about cars and should stop making dumb posts that make you look like an illiterate fool. At no point is a spacer a smaller scale of something that physical forces air into the motor. You should stop interneting.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:58 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by mr747
This is exactly what these spacers do but on a slightly smaller scale....
I think he was talking about the larger lower intake tub... The Magnusson bottom intake tub is larger than the factory AMG one, allowing for more air flow. Sactown is saying the intake spacer has a similar effect because it's kind of making the lower tub "larger."
Old 12-04-2017, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by Nando_514
I think he was talking about the larger lower intake tub... The Magnusson bottom intake tub is larger than the factory AMG one, allowing for more air flow. Sactown is saying the intake spacer has a similar effect because it's kind of making the lower tub "larger."
Yes i was talking about the lower intake tub
Old 12-04-2017, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You guys, seriously. Think of it this way. If you just remove the lower intake box completely, do you think that would make HP (ignoring implications of heat)? Of course not. The air still has to flow through the same size filter element. The air is being pulled in by the engine through the filter, not pushed into the filter edge. Air takes the path of least resistance, so moving the filter up by 1/2 inch or removing that lower box completely would have absolutely zero effect on the ability of the engine to pull air in through the filter. The existing opening is more than sufficient for the amount of air the engine is capable of ingesting. Like Maz said above there probably isn’t even any measurable vacuum in the area, and I bet that opening in the lower box has just as much volume as the throttle bodies, which is the only part of the intake that can be reasonably improved anyway (that’s the only possible bottleneck - post MAF). You guys just don’t have any clue what you’re talking about.
Mazspeed (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:52 PM

I would certainly hope so, because it' nothing like a supercharger. Even then, it's a supercharger built design to go along with a total package.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:51 PM

Precisely. It's pretty clear what the convo was. But these guys are worse than the liberal media. Appreciate you taking the time and clearing up what was or should have been obvious. But maz has a track record of making stuff up.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
You guys, seriously. Think of it this way. If you just remove the lower intake box completely, do you think that would make HP (ignoring implications of heat)? Of course not. The air still has to flow through the same size filter element. The air is being pulled in by the engine through the filter, not pushed into the filter edge. Air takes the path of least resistance, so moving the filter up by 1/2 inch or removing that lower box completely would have absolutely zero effect on the ability of the engine to pull air in through the filter. The existing opening is more than sufficient for the amount of air the engine is capable of ingesting. Like Maz said above there probably isn’t even any measurable vacuum in the area, and I bet that opening in the lower box has just as much volume as the throttle bodies, which is the only part of the intake that can be reasonably improved anyway (that’s the only possible bottleneck - post MAF). You guys just don’t have any clue what you’re talking about.
Yes, Ok let's just say you're right. Air is not being pushed rather sucked in. Cool, we're on the same page. Wouldn't facilitating air induction for the engine be beneficial? You believe in the carbon filter and smaller port of NA airbox restricts flow. Why is it so hard to even remotely contemplate that maybe, just maybe the filters are not in optimal position. You guys are the most close minded SOBS alive. But then again you guys are know it alls and anyone who's view or in this case EXPERIENCE differs from your template, is stupid.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:07 PM

Precisely. But maz has a track record of making stuff up.
OH please elaborate. This ought to be good.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, Ok let's just say you're right. Air is not being pushed rather sucked in. Cool, we're on the same page. Wouldn't facilitating air induction for the engine be beneficial? You believe in the carbon filter and smaller port of NA airbox restricts flow. Why is it so hard to even remotely contemplate that maybe, just maybe the filters are not in optimal position. You guys are the most close minded SOBS alive. But then again you guys are know it alls and anyone who's view or in this case EXPERIENCE differs from your template, is stupid.
I love quoting these so they can’t be edited later and the stupidity of your posts can be preserved for all of time.

Removing the the charcoal filter is removing something that is directly blocking the air flow. It’s right on top of the filter, and any air into the engine has to pass through it as well. That’s what a restriction is. There is no restriction with the filter edge, what are you talking about. The air doesn’t have to pass through the cardboard. What are you trying to say, that the air being pulled through the filter is bothered that the filter is either 1/2” higher or lower. Do you see how dumb your argument is yet? Remove the lower air box - by your logic this should make 50hp because a “restriction” is removed.
Mazspeed (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:12 PM

Yes, Ok let's just say you're right. Air is not being pushed rather sucked in. Cool, we're on the same page. Wouldn't facilitating air induction for the engine be beneficial?
How else is a normally aspirated engine taking in air, it's sucked in. You cannot be this dense. It's not being forced hence turbos and superchargers are forced air. You don't even understand the basic concept.
No you're not on the same page you completely do not understand basic physics of how air and motors work. You know absolutely nothing. The concept is over your head. Spaces aren't helping, your car isn't jumping and it's not more fun now after the spacer. You're just making stuff up. Your wife isn't saying well look at all that new found power. You've made everything up. It's all in your head.
BLKROKT (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:13 PM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
Jesus Harold Christ.....this bull**** is so deep it's almost comical. The spacers won't do ****, period. We don't have to say f*ck you, you're wrong....PHYSICS says f*ck you, you're wrong FOR us. Hell, the ribs in the intake ducting creates more turbulence than the minutely exposed filter ever could......and for the record, when I had the talk with my tuner IN HIS SHOP, AT HIS DYNO that he/staff have run hundreds of M156 pulls on he stated that OEM filter, aftermarket dry filter and even NO FILTER AT ALL made ZERO difference on any pull they had ever made(with factory boxes). ZERO!!!!! He said the only difference seen was when running ROW boxes dry filters would make about 3, THREE, rwhp more than with OEM....

​​​​​​.....at least I know which Merc to be cautious of if we ever meet up at a traffic light, you'll be the jackass pulling a 3pt turn before the light goes green so you can get the jump on me in *******g reverse
BLKROKT (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 P31
I gained 40whp doing this mod I saw in another thread. Dyno coming soon.

Mazspeed (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
I gained 10 rwhp just by attaching this sticker onto my car. It reduces aerodynamic coefficients and redirects the air into my engine for those 10 unicorn rwhp. You all should try it too!

Old 12-04-2017, 09:23 PM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
I gained 10 rwhp just by attaching this sticker onto my car. It reduces aerodynamic coefficients and redirects the air into my engine for those 10 unicorn rwhp. You all should try it too!

That is SUCH bullsh*t, we ALL know that it adds 10 flywheel hp....I hate when people try to overstate gains in order to "sound cool" on forums
Mazspeed (12-04-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Magic 20 whp intake spacers