MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Mike's power pipe install (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/695199-mikes-power-pipe-install.html)

ec_nova 01-12-2018 06:51 PM

Mike's power pipe install

I ordered a power pipe from Mike yesterday and received it today. It installed in just a couple minutes and the car certainly sounds a lot better! His level of service from initial contact to following up after he knew the package arrived was amazing. My car is a v7 tune only, now with the power pipe. I went 11.76@119 on Sunday with a 1.82 60' on Michelin pilot super sports. I had a couple 1.76 60', so I know it has a little more in it. Interested to see what gains, if any, the power pipe gives. I'll report back after my next trip to the track.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5fa0b66250.jpg

Crya 01-12-2018 08:48 PM

I saw he had some for sale and inquired as well but need to take care of routine maintenance first. I just picked up an 09 P30 with 64k on her. What all was involved with the install? How precise did the measurement need to be to make the cut?

Mikegpr03 01-12-2018 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by ec_nova (Post 7356490)
I ordered a power pipe from Mike yesterday and received it today. It installed in just a couple minutes and the car certainly sounds a lot better! His level of service from initial contact to following up after he knew the package arrived was amazing. My car is a v7 tune only, now with the power pipe. I went 11.76@119 on Sunday with a 1.82 60' on Michelin pilot super sports. I had a couple 1.76 60', so I know it has a little more in it. Interested to see what gains, if any, the power pipe gives. I'll report back after my next trip to the track.

Glad your happy with the product and service. Once again Thank you for your business and your trust !

MFitz 01-20-2018 08:54 AM

That looks like the secondary cat delete kit which is what I did last year. I'm very pleased with the product and result also.
I'm thinking of moving on to the resonator delete next. Is this just another bolt on kit to the cat delete straight pipes?

Thanks.

Crya 02-06-2018 06:37 PM

Delete

gtracer 02-07-2018 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by MFitz (Post 7362150)
That looks like the secondary cat delete kit which is what I did last year. I'm very pleased with the product and result also.
I'm thinking of moving on to the resonator delete next. Is this just another bolt on kit to the cat delete straight pipes?

Thanks.

Dont do it, you'll regret it. Secondary cat delete or Res delete is perfect. Both is too much, sound will become very raspy un deceleration.

immelman 02-07-2018 06:13 PM

Just installed one as well. Looking forward to see if you have any gains at the drag strip. My car definitely feels like it pulls a bit harder with it,

AMG3.2 02-07-2018 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by gtracer (Post 7375986)
Dont do it, you'll regret it. Secondary cat delete or Res delete is perfect. Both is too much, sound will become very raspy un deceleration.

Mine did not become me raspy when I removed both.

OPC63 08-02-2018 01:32 PM

Where can i get one of these Mike H Pipes website? or place to call? Someone please let me know.

Crya 08-02-2018 01:36 PM

maykel777@bellsouth.net

G_Money 08-03-2018 01:19 AM

Will this and a OETuning tune void a CPO warranty?

roadkillrob 08-03-2018 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by G_Money (Post 7519536)
Will this and a OETuning tune void a CPO warranty?

Technically anything can void your warranty if the dealer decides so, but the Magnuson Moss ruling requires that they prove the modification caused any issue that they deny coverage for, but can be a hassle to deal with if they do void the warranty due to mods.

Most people just avoid the problem by removing mods before service and both are easy to remove and put back to stock, the tune would be the more likely issue if the dealer found it and you had engine or trans issues you are trying to have repaired, it is much less likely the power pipe would be a reason for voiding coverage but some dealers are crazy!

G_Money 08-03-2018 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by roadkillrob (Post 7519611)
Technically anything can void your warranty if the dealer decides so, but the Magnuson Moss ruling requires that they prove the modification caused any issue that they deny coverage for, but can be a hassle to deal with if they do void the warranty due to mods.

Most people just avoid the problem by removing mods before service and both are easy to remove and put back to stock, the tune would be the more likely issue if the dealer found it and you had engine or trans issues you are trying to have repaired, it is much less likely the power pipe would be a reason for voiding coverage but some dealers are crazy!

Yeah, the main thing is the tune. Someone was telling me that there is a hard flash count in the ECU the dealers can see, and if there is a higher number than the number of flashes they have recorded on your car, that is obviously a problem. Not sure if that's true or not, a local tuner that also does Audi and BMW told me and I never double checked. Just want to play it safe for the last year of my warranty.

Crya 08-03-2018 11:03 AM

If it were me having a '13 ( I have the arguably inferior '09), I would roll the dice and not wait. The powerpipe and tune are great little mods that probably will put more smiles on your face than anything else other than a supercharger. The likelihood that the tune would be the root cause of some failure covered by a CPO is probably so low. But, the interwebs is full of all kinds of ghost stories. In short, all depends on your risk tolerance. If it were me, I'd cash out the balance of the CPO and MOD!!!!! :wootrock:

SactownP31 08-03-2018 03:45 PM

Thats why I said phuck warranty and started modding on day 3. I wasnt about to pay for something that prevents me from doing what I want to do to my car. So I told MB of Sac that they can stick their lame 1 year $2k warranty up their stuck up douche azzes. Mod away, I say!

G_Money 08-03-2018 03:51 PM

Just to be clear i just picked up the car with about a year remaining on it, i didn't pay for CPO certification... Not directly anyway.

SactownP31 08-03-2018 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by G_Money (Post 7520032)
Just to be clear i just picked up the car with about a year remaining on it, i didn't pay for CPO certification... Not directly anyway.

They sneak it in there by not mentioning it but they're charging for the cpo aspect. I think the price dropped $1850 when I opted out. But now that I remember you got a hell of deal on your car so it doesn't really matter. Round here p31's dont last too long on the market (unlike the standard ones or pfl), so I had to really grind to get the numbers into the right range.

J0HN_R1 08-18-2018 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by AMG3.2 (Post 7376268)
Mine did not become me raspy when I removed both.

Do you have a good quality audio/video clip, preferably from inside the car with the windows both up and down ?
A drive-by clip with acceleration, cruising, & deceleration would be an added bonus...

andas 01-01-2019 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by ec_nova (Post 7356490)

What size of clamp is that (the one on the top right) ?

bigtuna79 01-04-2019 03:08 AM

Im about to instal my power pipe as well. Did you reuse any gaskets or bought new ones. ?

bigtuna79 01-04-2019 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by andas (Post 7643107)
What size of clamp is that (the one on the top right) ?

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...b14f28ebe.jpeg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...7085d094d.jpeg