C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 Time Square Rampage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
More video evidence posted my those schmucks from Time Square.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...33592183504449
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (01-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 02:54 AM

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
"souped-up Mercedes"
I know, it’s like a 500hp stock C Class could only be a thing of legends : D
Old 01-19-2018, 05:10 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
How can they charge the passenger with reckless driving though?
Old 01-19-2018, 07:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by kimeran
How can they charge the passenger with reckless driving though?
NY may have a similar law as we do in Texas where if you are part of the crime then you get charged as if you did the most serious part. For example, if you are the get away driver for a bank robbery and someone gets shot and dies during the robbery they’ll charge you with murder also even though you weren’t inside the bank when the shooting happened . What usually happens is it makes that other person much more eager to cut a deal and roll over on the other involved parties.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,574 Likes on 927 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
They found the car and charged the driver with attempted murder. So excellent.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/01/...ects-arrested/

http://abc7ny.com/suspect-charged-wi...-stop/2962328/

The 2nd vid is difficult to watch when the oaf is explaining what a burnout is.

You hold down the brake and the gas pedal and you hit the gas pedal as hard as you can, it smokes your brakes and you and you and you skid down the street... Idiots do it.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:13 AM

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2014 CLS63 S AMG
Wow, they just had to be Dominican lmao. We are definitely not all like that lol.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 94 Likes on 73 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Attempted murder? Damn... That's harsh. What's the minimum sentence for that charge? The driver obviously wasn't trying to murder the cop. He was just trying to get away...
Old 01-19-2018, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
^On a police officer in this great state? With as many priors as they have and their history behind the wheel, hopping curbs at pedestrians, running from police, concealing license plates, trying to flee etc... Technically he could face life. Likely will not but will undoubtedly be doing time. Clearly the type that doesn't learn so once he gets out and actually kills someone then the door will shut.

Wouldn't be surprised if the drivers license is permanently revoked either.

What you intend vs. what happens are two different things and the law goes off what happens. Imagine if the cop slid off the hood and his head found it's way under the wheel. Guy dug his own grave on this one.
The following users liked this post:
Nando_514 (01-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Originally Posted by MTV10
Attempted murder? Damn... That's harsh. What's the minimum sentence for that charge? The driver obviously wasn't trying to murder the cop. He was just trying to get away...

you cant be serious
Old 01-19-2018, 01:38 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by MTV10

Not at all man lol. I'm surprised that's the only 'big' charge we've seen or heard of so far. I wouldn't be surprised if they hit him with attempted vehicular manslaughter or even negligent homicide (3rd degree) just to rack up the charges and throw the book at him...

On another note, this stupid s*** ruined it for the rest of the people that enjoy(ed) car cruises through the city. I, myself, have been a part of some of these TS or Halal Guys cruises over the summer. They're awesome! 10, 15, 20 cars rolling through the city-- people taking pictures... There's Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos, GTRs, the lot... It puts a smile on peoples' faces to see that. Honestly, it's a spectacle fitting of the craziness you'd see in TS lol. But, no one is ever THAT reckless. Sure, people will do a 1st or a 2nd gear pull to make some noise, but that's about it. It's genuinely a fun experience. No burnouts or nonsense like that... Reckless a****les like that get shunned and banned from ever trying to attend again. This whole incident pretty much put that to bed going forward... It's a shame that WE have to face the repercussions of this guys raging hormones smh
Old 01-19-2018, 02:39 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by betrezra
Re the leo putting himself in front of the car..... consider how the leo elevated the offense from reckless and evading UP to assult with a deadly weapon.... by deliberately standing in front of the car...... this raises the stakes for the driver.
Leo do this all the time..... and it is effective.

I've witnessed different philosophies of engagement from a more passive monitor and de-escalate mode....... more euro.... to a immediately engage, and escalate with deadly force (as an option).... so as to push all the button early and end it early.... see more here in states.

I'm not judging..... I'm no leo, but I do respect them.... I have leo in my family.

I am not a lawyer, but a law student. I've done a lot of arguing since no one wants to take an educated opinion seriously on Facebook, but there is a VERY high chance that he gets away with this. Watch the video again. Now here are a few things to consider: 1. it is dark out, there are lights shining in your eyes in Times Square. 2. He did not attempt to run the officer over, but instead attempted to drive around the office - prompting the officer to jump back in front of the car. Now there are a million rebuttals to these two statements, but I am fully confident that as long as this guy gets a decent attorney, he is not going to jail. Will he face some pretty harsh consequences? Yes. But he is not going to jail. I think people have to step away from their biases and put themselves in the place of the driver before passing judgement, and then look objectively at the situation from both sides before saying "This ****ing ******* should have been shot the moment he inched forward."
Old 01-19-2018, 02:43 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
^On a police officer in this great state? With as many priors as they have and their history behind the wheel, hopping curbs at pedestrians, running from police, concealing license plates, trying to flee etc... Technically he could face life. Likely will not but will undoubtedly be doing time. Clearly the type that doesn't learn so once he gets out and actually kills someone then the door will shut.

Wouldn't be surprised if the drivers license is permanently revoked either.

What you intend vs. what happens are two different things and the law goes off what happens. Imagine if the cop slid off the hood and his head found it's way under the wheel. Guy dug his own grave on this one.
A few questions for you:

1. Where are you getting this information about prior arrests?
2. What is your background in regard to the legal system?

People murder other people, and do not get life in prison. Do you seriously believe that a reckless driver can face life imprisonment?

Additionally, INTENT is a HUGE part of the law. Saying that what someone intended to do does not matter is an absolutely ridiculous and ignorant statement. Intent is probably the thing that is going to save this guy from attempted murder charges - which by the way, would be ridiculous to charge this guy with. Everyone is a lawyer on the internet...
Old 01-19-2018, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by Davednconfused
I am not a lawyer, but a law student. I've done a lot of arguing since no one wants to take an educated opinion seriously on Facebook, but there is a VERY high chance that he gets away with this. Watch the video again. Now here are a few things to consider: 1. it is dark out, there are lights shining in your eyes in Times Square. 2. He did not attempt to run the officer over, but instead attempted to drive around the office - prompting the officer to jump back in front of the car. Now there are a million rebuttals to these two statements, but I am fully confident that as long as this guy gets a decent attorney, he is not going to jail. Will he face some pretty harsh consequences? Yes. But he is not going to jail. I think people have to step away from their biases and put themselves in the place of the driver before passing judgement, and then look objectively at the situation from both sides before saying "This ****ing ******* should have been shot the moment he inched forward."
find a new law school
The following 2 users liked this post by BerBer63:
CarHopper (01-19-2018), I am Jeff (01-20-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 02:48 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BerBer63
find a new law school
I'm sure you're qualified to comment on that, where'd you get your JD from?
Old 01-19-2018, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
C'mon guys, watch the video. We all know "attempted murder" is not an accurate charge.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
c230
well that just shows you how broken our judicial system is.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
I'm sure you're qualified to comment on that, where'd you get your JD from?
i know you're in law school and like arguing legal theory but I have common sense and an MD degree, care to place a bet on jail versus your no jail theory - name your price and PM me?

Last edited by BerBer63; 01-19-2018 at 03:01 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BerBer63:
BLKROKT (01-19-2018), I am Jeff (01-20-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 03:01 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by boostin1004
well that just shows you how broken our judicial system is.
How, exactly? Our legal system exists in the form that it does today so that people, such as the people commenting on this, cannot throw someone in jail or execute someone based on their biases.

Let's play a little game here:

Imagine you are on an exotic cruise going through Times Square in your C63. Someone with a camera yells "Do a burnout!" and you decide to, because you're showing off your bad *** car, and you're getting awesome footage of it. You are not harming anyone in the process. You do not almost hit anyone or anything. You begin to drive away, and a police officer jumps in front of your vehicle. You got into some trouble years ago, and you know that if you get slammed with a bunch of charges you are going to lose your license. Well, if you lose your license, that means you are probably going to lose your job. You cannot pay your fines. You cannot pay your bills. You cannot take care of your family. In short, you're ****ed. So, in the few short seconds you have to make a decision - you panic and try to go around the cop. You can fill in the rest.

So drop your moral superiority and just realize that your way isn't the best or only way.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 Ferrari 575 M
I am waiting for the other drivers from the cruise (as it looks like GTR and challenger were part of the C63s group) to get charged as well.

Implied Malice law is no joke, and C63 driving f**k-head will be dealing with consequences for a very long time.

When I was hosting a Porsche get together in Vegas last year, I made a long post on forums regarding not doing anything illegal or dangerous. I re-iterated the same thing to people when we met up at C&C the first day. With cameras being everywhere and blood-sucking lawyers willing to sue anyone for anything you have to CYA everywhere.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
C'mon guys, watch the video. We all know "attempted murder" is not an accurate charge.
I agree, that's overcharging and the guy might honestly walk on that.

They should have hit him with assault with a deadly weapon.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
How, exactly? Our legal system exists in the form that it does today so that people, such as the people commenting on this, cannot throw someone in jail or execute someone based on their biases.

Imagine you are on an exotic cruise going through Times Square in your C63. Someone with a camera yells "Do a burnout!" and you decide to, because you're showing off your bad *** car, and you're getting awesome footage of it. You are not harming anyone in the process. You do not almost hit anyone or anything. You begin to drive away, and a police officer jumps in front of your vehicle. You got into some trouble years ago, and you know that if you get slammed with a bunch of charges you are going to lose your license. Well, if you lose your license, that means you are probably going to lose your job. You cannot pay your fines. You cannot pay your bills. You cannot take care of your family. In short, you're ****ed. So, in the few short seconds you have to make a decision - you panic and try to go around the cop. You can fill in the rest.

So drop your moral superiority and just realize that your way isn't the best or only way.
You sure talk a lot.

Or how how about this low-life drug dealer had about a million felony priors (source: all over the news, police news conference, video evidenced), and wasn’t some defenseless poor person thinking about how he’s going to care for his family. Look at the other videos posted to his social media from above. Open your eyes dude, you’re living in some sort of sheltered make-believe world. This is exactly the kind of person who wouldn’t give a second thought to running over a cop or anyone else who got in his way.

And by the way, and rational and sane person doesn’t go through that garbage you wrote above. You stop and don’t try to drive through the cop. What planet are you from where that’s ok?

Last edited by BLKROKT; 01-19-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:02 PM

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)

So, regardless if person makes stupid life choices before doing a burnout. Regardless of whether you want "some badass footage", you are still breaking laws. Now by panicking, he's not supposed to be held accountable? Sorry, play stupid games, win stupid prizes
Old 01-19-2018, 05:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 Ferrari 575 M
Originally Posted by BLKROKT

You sure talk a lot.

Or how how about this low-life drug dealer had about a million felony priors (source: all over the news, police news conference, video evidenced), and wasn’t some defenseless poor person thinking about how he’s going to care for his family. Look at the other videos posted to his social media from above. Open your eyes dude, you’re living in some sort of sheltered make-believe world. This is exactly the kind of person who wouldn’t give a second thought to running over a cop or anyone else who got in his way.

And by the way, and rational and sane person doesn’t go through that garbage you wrote above. You stop and don’t try to drive through the cop. What planet are you from where that’s ok?
/agreed.

If you have multiple priors and you decide to take a C63 to do burn-outs to one of the most heavily policed areas of the world, and you then panic when cop attempts to stop you....well clearly the prior rehabilitation stints did not work, and you need to be removed from society for a while to do some more thinking.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kalashnikov:
Old 01-19-2018, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
A few questions for you:

1. Where are you getting this information about prior arrests?
2. What is your background in regard to the legal system?

People murder other people, and do not get life in prison. Do you seriously believe that a reckless driver can face life imprisonment?

Additionally, INTENT is a HUGE part of the law. Saying that what someone intended to do does not matter is an absolutely ridiculous and ignorant statement. Intent is probably the thing that is going to save this guy from attempted murder charges - which by the way, would be ridiculous to charge this guy with. Everyone is a lawyer on the internet...
1. It's in the links / news stories where they have been arrested. But here:
"Lopez is reportedly the owner of the Mercedes and has at least three prior arrest. Santos has eight prior arrests, some of which are sealed because he was a juvenile."
"Police said they were in an apartment and tried to escape out a window."
"And this isn't the first time the suspects have pulled off a stunt like this. In 2016, police say Santos did a copycat move, nearly hitting officers and running a dozen red lights in Washington Heights. And just a day before the Times Square incident, police say Lopez fled a traffic stop in the same Mercedes, taking off on the sidewalk and nearly hitting officers and people. Additionally, they say officer discovered Lopez had souped up his car with a device that covered his back license plate during a traffic stop in June."

2. No background. Just lawyer parent and grew up around law in an affluent neighborhood filled with lawyers.

But, future lawyer, I'm going off the charge of 'attempted murder of a police officer.' Which, I followed up with, "Technically could face life. Likely will not..." Can you please point out where I said a reckless driver faces life in prison?

Once you go from student to practicing lawyer maybe you'll come across a tactic commonly used where a suspect / perp is hit with a very serious charge that is a stretch to convict on in order to get them to fold their hand an plead out into a lesser charge. In this case something like vehicular assault of a police officer.

Or, he can roll the dice and keep saying "You have the wrong driver," which goes to court and a jury who is going to scratch their heads at the whole "trying to jump out a window and run from police" with priors including running from the police in that same vehicle...

I agree, though, that people murder other people and don't get life. Hell, some don't get any time (see OJ Simpson). However, when you bring a police officer into the equation I'd be willing to bet 9 out of 10 convictions of murdering police on duty ends with a life sentence.
The following 2 users liked this post by CarHopper:
Old 01-19-2018, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5

Sounds like you're heading towards being a defense attorney? I'm not even close to being able to call myself an attorney but I've watched "My Cousin Vinny" enough to be confident I'd beat you in a court room here. Because you're leaving out so, so much. Since you like imagining things...

Imagine someone with a camera yells "Jump off that bridge! Mad YouTube hits yo!" Do you jump? Just because someone with a camera says do something it doesn't mean that it is okay or legal. Harming people or not, it's still considered illegal and dangerous especially in the epicenter of a city with 8 million people. Now, as you drive away with that awesome burnout footage, yeah, a police officer walks in front of your vehicle with his hand out directing you to stop. Now, why wouldn't someone obey the officer at this point? Is it A) Because they just did a super awesome harmless legal burnout and they just wanted to chat it up with the officer OR B) Because they just did a super not awesome burnout (pffftttt get an LSD, scrub) which they KNOW they shouldn't have done and they KNOW this because their following ACTIONS prove it. I mean, why flee like that if you're just going to get a high five from a cop who say "Sick burnout bro! And awesome car!"

Cant pay your fines? You drive a c63... Can't pay your bills? You drive a c63... Can't take care of your family? You drive a c63... And who says they can't pay? I believe the term is speculation but you may still be down in the 101's... You'll get there.

I recommend you either get real or go to school for something else because it sounds like you're going to get torn up in a court room.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Time Square Rampage