MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Nitrous Questions (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/697659-nitrous-questions.html)

Doc Oc 02-06-2018 12:14 AM

Nitrous Questions

I am toying with the idea of adding a 75 shot and had a few questions if anyone can help? First, is a safe cell w/pump necessary or will the stock fuel pump provide enough flow? Only mods are v7 tune and Armytrix dowpipes. If the factory pump will handle it, where is the best place to tap the fuel line as I don't see a schraeder valve? Also, where are you guys who are running it plumbing the fogger nozzle in? Lastly, can anyone point me in the right direction to find the tps signal?

Thanks
Jason

Celicasaur 02-06-2018 06:29 AM

I'd like to know the answer regarding the fuelling side, although from my little knowledge of what Dads63 was doing, I think he ran on the stock pumps? Try a search for that username and see if you can get the info you need.

if you're running V7, you might wanna data log over a few weeks of driving in different weather temps to work out just how much ignition advance the car is running. V7 runs nice n tight for strong N/A performance, but if you're see much more than 28 degrees of ignition advance, you might want to consider higher octane in the fuel tank (non-oxygenated) or to have the tune pegged back a little.

At a pure educated guess, the fogger is being placed in the middle of the intake Y-pipe, aiming downwards...but again, search for Dads63 and you'll probably find out.

TPS signal for arming the system - I'd like to know myself.

Doc Oc 02-06-2018 09:00 AM

Thanks so much for the response. My phone hates this site's search function but I'll try searching for dad's car from the office PC and see what I can find. I'm thinking it'll be ok timing wise as I'm getting ready to install a flex fuel kit, which should compensate for any aggressive timing (non flex tune) from the tune right? Btw, I've been reading this site like it's my job for the last couple of months and have gleaned a lot of info from your past posts, so thanks for that as well!

AMGonFire 02-06-2018 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Oc (Post 7374878)
Thanks so much for the response. My phone hates this site's search function but I'll try searching for dad's car from the office PC and see what I can find. I'm thinking it'll be ok timing wise as I'm getting ready to install a flex fuel kit, which should compensate for any aggressive timing (non flex tune) from the tune right? Btw, I've been reading this site like it's my job for the last couple of months and have gleaned a lot of info from your past posts, so thanks for that as well!

be careful with running that flex kit and nitrous. I'd talk to Dave over at eurocharged about that in terms of fueling. Running e85 requires more fuel. So your octane will be good but not necessarily your fueling requirements. For instance if you want to add headers you have to up the injectors. Might have to do something similar for the nitrous kit. I'd ask.

Doc Oc 02-06-2018 10:04 AM

Good point, I've been wondering how the combo would work together. After doing some more research last night I've decided on the nx fuel cell rather than depending on the car's pump and cutting fuel lines. I would not be running e85 in the cell but I'll still talk to ec first.

mr747 02-06-2018 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Oc (Post 7374915)
Good point, I've been wondering how the combo would work together. After doing some more research last night I've decided on the nx fuel cell rather than depending on the car's pump and cutting fuel lines. I would not be running e85 in the cell but I'll still talk to ec first.

Stock fuel pumps are fine as they flow 700whp
for a 75 shot you would have to take out 2 degrees of timing running e85 or not doesnt affect the NOS just as long as you drop your timing you will be fine

And yes spray into ypipe

Good luck

Doc Oc 02-06-2018 08:00 PM

Ok, that's good to know, thanks. Is there an easy(ish) place to tap fuel? Also, would going up a pill size in fuel eliminate the need to retard? Basically I'm trying to find out if there's any work around to having to use a nitrous tune? I don't want to run that tune all the time but would like to be able to spray whenever I like. Is that a pipe dream?

mr747 02-06-2018 08:17 PM

Best person to speak to is Jerry
TBH you might not even have to do anything

Doc Oc 02-06-2018 09:21 PM

Thanks, I'll do that now. Do you have a suggestion where to tap the fuel supply?

Celicasaur 02-07-2018 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by mr747 (Post 7375470)
Stock fuel pumps are fine as they flow 700whp
for a 75 shot you would have to take out 2 degrees of timing running e85 or not doesnt affect the NOS just as long as you drop your timing you will be fine

And yes spray into ypipe

Good luck

2 degree's of timing running E85 on the E85 tune, normal aftermarket tune, or stock tune? Your wisdom is always appreciated my friend :)

From what I understand:
Stock tends to run 22-25 degree's depending on conditions for torque limiters being satisfied etc
Normal tune doesn't normally go beyond 26-27 degree's, pending TL as above etc
E85 tune I'm guessing is a whisker over 30 on a good day, 28-29 on a normal day

I think that stock should be fine to run a 75hp hit, provided the set up is very good (ie, fuelling is good, solenoid response is good, fogger angle, pipe lengths are sensible) because 22-25 degree's isn't terribly high. However for additional peace of mind, it might be an idea to 'restrict' the peak timing to a figure that makes it predictable/safer. Hell for extra safety, a progressive controller (ramps the nitrous from say 30hp-75hp over a second or two) would be an option for even greater safety.

Celicasaur 05-29-2018 04:08 PM

Doc - any joy with this? Haven't heard back from you, so wondering what the 411 on the nitrous install is...

I'm starting to wonder what my next path for the car should be. One side says supercharger, but losing gear 1 and 2 on the street and living in cold traction-less England for 8 out of 12 months a year would drive me insane. The other side says nitrous because it won't be running all the time and is only going to be a boost for a few seconds at a time in third and fourth gear :nix:

If the NX cell was a lot cheaper, it would be a no-brainer for me. But the cost is annoying me and makes me think to just tap the stock fuel system....but then I'd have to peg back my tune and I'd prefer to have the best of both worlds (strong NA performance and strong performance under the bottle).