MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Another Weistec Engineering Nightmare (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/699371-another-weistec-engineering-nightmare.html)

Rearwheelhp 02-21-2018 06:40 PM

Another Weistec Engineering Nightmare

It only takes a minute to find numerous incidences that customers have had major problems dealing with Weistec Engineering. I am unfortunately another such customer.
I was hoping as my first post on the MB forum that I would be pumped to talk about the stage 3 M156 supercharger system I recently had installed on my C63. Unfortunately, I have to communicate the horrendous experience I had working with them.
From the positive side there is no question that the equipment that Weistec builds is top-notch. But the company’s management is the worst I have ever uncounted in the automotive or performance parts business. Sure things can go wrong but they take the cake for mismanagement.

Kudos to Nur Performance in Ft. Myers, they did the install and they did an outstanding job. A top performance shop… with a great team of guys that will do great work.

So…it all begins where Weistec takes the entire payment for the parts up front… over 12k to do the Stage 3 system (that was after the first 5k for the exhaust system). Then they promise you that it will be 3 to 4 weeks max to get everything to you…but actually it took 10 weeks. A little disappointing but that’s no big deal right…but then it gets ridiculous.
So on November 14th I was told that everything was ready to ship but they needed 2 more days to complete some powder coating on the supercharger and I would be guaranteed everything before Thanksgiving…Nov 23rd. So I rented a car and dropped off my C63 on Nov 27th. After multiple phone calls (BTW they will never return a call…actually one phone call was returned after about 15 placed calls) we find out on Nov 30th that NOTHING had been shipped!!…the supercharger had never even left their building! They conveniently said it was a miscommunication in shipping. I go back to Nur Performance and pick up my C63 and have the rental dropped off. That is round 1.

Round 2. I rent another car after the 75lb box of parts arrives and I take my car back to Nur for the build. Nur expects a week tops to do the install. But no way…it takes another MONTH to get the job done. Why a month…because Weistec Engineering staff is so incompetent that they start off by only sending one of 2 boxes that they should have sent in the first place. Then it gets worse. They finally ship the second box that contains the pulleys and belt and all the small stuff. Now what…they are for the stage 2 supercharger system!!! Wait…they send another box…this time with the correct belt and still the wrong pulleys!!! Then finally another box arrives with the correct belt. Seriously…is the blind leading the blind in this operation?

I once talked to the Operations manager Sean. He said he wanted to make it right and that he would follow up with me. He never called me back and refused to talk to me and had another guy call me giving me the ridiculous story of this is just how it is in this business.
So if you want anything from Weistec expect that nothing will go smoothly with this company. They are not honest, they take no responsibility for their mistakes and they do not take care about customer satisfaction what so ever. The management of this operation is absolutely appalling.

It’s a shame that such a great product is managed by a group of disingenuous flakes.

mr747 02-21-2018 07:30 PM

I cant comment on the shipping and wrong packages but i can tell you the wait for the supercharger would of been worth it as you would of got the GEN3 blower

Good things come to people that wait :)

Enjoy the new found power :zoom:

Joker55 02-21-2018 09:11 PM

Weistec has been getting a lot of bad reviews lately. Hopefully they get it together. They have some quality products

BLKROKT 02-21-2018 09:24 PM

Another 1-post troll going off on Weistec. I wonder who’s really behind these.....

Klepsta 02-22-2018 10:50 AM

Its too bad to hear about stuff like this. Hopefully Weistec will listen to the customers and take steps toward correcting the customer management/operations side of things. There seems to be no question from most of the members here that the product and engineering is top notch, but sometimes once it is out of the engineers hands, operations and business management units don't have enough system in place to handle increased demand.

layzie12g 02-22-2018 11:04 AM

I don't think its trolling. I know that after spending money with them I would like to be able to speak to someone about technical issues over the phone. They are glad to take your sales calls, but have an online form to fill out for technical issues. With that being said they did respond quickly to my question, but the fact you are not worth someone's phone time is not a good look for a company. I really hope they can get whatever they have going on figured out because they make a great product.

AMG3.2 02-22-2018 05:08 PM

Do you have any emails or docs that can prove this communication, or lack there of, to be true?

mr747 02-22-2018 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by layzie12g (Post 7387666)
I don't think its trolling. I know that after spending money with them I would like to be able to speak to someone about technical issues over the phone. They are glad to take your sales calls, but have an online form to fill out for technical issues. With that being said they did respond quickly to my question, but the fact you are not worth someone's phone time is not a good look for a company. I really hope they can get whatever they have going on figured out because they make a great product.

If you email tech@weistec.com you get an answer very very quick (anthony at weistec is a gun at replying)

Ive never had an issue

Weistec 02-22-2018 10:02 PM

Delays can and do happen, as well as mistakes. Sometimes parts for our supercharger systems are delayed unexpectedly and in ways that our out of our control. Therefore, it is always best to have all parts on hand before dropping a vehicle off for an installation.

The pulley errors you are referring to, it was not stage 2 pulleys that were sent. It was the wrong version 8 rib AC pulley. There are three different versions of Mercedes AC pulleys. Four if you count the SLS Black Series, but for the vast majority of the stage 3 systems we sell there are 3 options.

What happened was you were sent a version 1 AC pulley. This of course was the wrong version for your specific vehicle. Sales was contacted about it, and another pulley was sent out next day air. What was probably a miscommunication, resulted in another version 1 AC pulley being shipped out. We apologize for that and right away when we realized what happened, the correct version was shipped out next day air.

After the installation was complete, you wanted to be reimbursed for your rental car expenses. Being that you purchased the system from Nur Performance, it was explained to you that any kind of compensation would be handled between you and Nur Performance as you were their customer. At which point, after dealing with you, Nur Performance would get something worked out with us, likely in the form of a credit on their account.

Despite the explanation, you were still contacting us directly which likely means Nur Performance did not want to pay for your rental car expenses, the amount of which you were asking for was in the neighborhood of $1000.

Even if you had purchased the system directly from us, we would have still offered credit towards any future purchase because per company policy, Weistec does not pay for rental car expenses. Since what you wanted was a check to pay for the rental car this left you dissatisfied.

We are glad that you are satisfied with the quality and performance of your Stage 3 System. Enjoy it safely and in good health.

Crya 02-22-2018 10:17 PM

I'm seeing a trend here, as an unbiased noob, where people beat the **** out of Weistec, only for them (Weistec) to still show back up on the forum to give their side. How much you want to wager these kids are a bunch of entitled millennials whose parents never told them no?? Here's what we all know about car forums, which is a universal truth from every forum I've served on, from Subaru, BMW, Audi, Land Rover. You rarely hear about it when your order is right, shows up on time, and off you go. But the ****ing internet has to break when an order shows up with a wrong part. Customer breaks down into the requisite tantrum, blames the company, swears to never give them a dollar, and attempts to persuade others to stay away. Then a few months later you're begging for a group buy. WTF? Ok, putting down the bourbon, carry on.

mr747 02-22-2018 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Crya (Post 7388377)
I'm seeing a trend here, as an unbiased noob, where people beat the **** out of Weistec, only for them (Weistec) to still show back up on the forum to give their side. How much you want to wager these kids are a bunch of entitled millennials whose parents never told them no?? Here's what we all know about car forums, which is a universal truth from every forum I've served on, from Subaru, BMW, Audi, Land Rover. You rarely hear about it when your order is right, shows up on time, and off you go. But the ****ing internet has to break when an order shows up with a wrong part. Customer breaks down into the requisite tantrum, blames the company, swears to never give them a dollar, and attempts to persuade others to stay away. Then a few months later you're begging for a group buy. WTF? Ok, putting down the bourbon, carry on.

Have one for me too

Ron Olson 02-23-2018 12:09 AM

I can't imagine getting a rental, and dropping off my car for any mods where 100% of the parts hadn't been shipped and confirmed as being complete and accurate by my shop. It may be that Weistec had questionable customer service,but that is no excuse for dropping off a perfectly good car and getting a rental before the parts show.

kimeran 02-23-2018 02:55 AM

Yeah I agree. I think it's your problem that you decided to rent a car before the parts were all there and ready to install on your car.
However, there are so many threads about Weistec being delayed with shipping parts off.
While the client has no proper reason to ask for a refund on the rental, Weistec could have at least communicated the delay on their side.