MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Magic Pulleys (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/699576-magic-pulleys.html)

Celicasaur 02-25-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by SactownP31 (Post 7390113)
Not at all man its all good. When I drive cars or use equipment I get a good feel of how it runs and then develop muscle memory to it. What im saying is on this car to keep it at steady speeds, before this mod, whether it be 35, 55 or 80 I would have to apply about 15% throttle, maybe more maybe less. Now its more like 5%, so the margin of error has shrunk down drastically. Which is why the car is feeling very jerky and somewhat unpleasant during that short time frame when I'm NOT trying to tear up the roads, mostly when wife and kids are with me.

You're inadvertently making me want one of these :o:

SactownP31 02-25-2018 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Celicasaur (Post 7390202)
You're inadvertently making me want one of these :o:

Don't get me wrong It's badass, but what Im disliking is the ability to control the speedo when im driving tame. The whole up down up down up down in mph is annoying, thats all, feels like my wife or ex gf's are driving. I just did the whole pedal reset thing just now. Did wonders for shifts but nothing for pedal/throttle.

shardul 02-26-2018 05:48 PM

I have a few units in stock.
Forum member pricing will be $550

SactownP31 02-26-2018 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by shardul (Post 7391351)
I have a few units in stock.
Forum member pricing will be $550

Damn at that price its a no brainer. Drove the car another 150 miles yesterday. No problems with any of the pumps, alt or ac. As far as the sensitive feel of the pedal/throttle I'm starting to get used to it and enjoying it more and more. Seriously at this price, if you were on the fence, just place the order.

Bahnstormer 02-26-2018 07:23 PM

How come no one offers these underdrive pulleys for the M113 engines like the E500.
I think Evosport used to but they're no longer around.

BLKROKT 02-26-2018 07:56 PM

Here’s a quick write-up on why most people stay away from these. http://www.atiracing.com/products/da...mper_dinan.htm

Theres a ton of information out there.

Even assuming that the UPD unit is properly dampened to the specific harmonics of the M156, I know that I wouldn’t want my water or power steering pumps to turn more slowly than designed. Ok, your lights work, that’s super. But what is this thing doing to the rest of your engine. No thanks. Easier and safer ways to get 5whp. Cranks and other internal engine bits are expensive.

Nothing against UPD here at all, Shardul is a good dude. I’d just rather stay away from stuff like this.

SactownP31 02-26-2018 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bahnstormer (Post 7391433)
How come no one offers these underdrive pulleys for the M113 engines like the E500.
I think Evosport used to but they're no longer around.

I think it has a lot to do with fear mongering. Maybe someone or two had a problem with a poorly installed pulley or their car in fact didnt take well to it. Reported back and thats the impression that stuck. Also those early pulleys were damn expensive add that to the negative impression some have for this and you end up with alot of people saying fuc that. So units dont get sold and new batches dont get made. As far as what blk said, I get it, to him and others the risk vs rewards isnt worth it and thats fine. I think its more than 5 whp but I cant prove it since I didnt do a before and after dyno. Want a safer way to get more whp after all regular mods are done, get the spacers:D, sorry guys I had to do it. Like I said on earlier post I'll chime in every once in a while for a longevity report. If I start noticing some negative effects or if something bad happens believe me I'll let you guys know.

shardul 03-06-2018 05:10 PM

I sold a few since last week. I told the customers to use this thread so we can consolidate all reviews.

SactownP31 03-06-2018 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by shardul (Post 7397897)
I sold a few since last week. I told the customers to use this thread so we can consolidate all reviews.

Sounds good to me. Glad some people are going to enjoy this soon. Now if they would only listen about those damn spacers, :D. I literally just got home from driving this car. This pulley mod is awsome. I guess I was just being a little biach as far as the pedal sensitivity, as I'm used to it now. But it did throw me off at first. As far as AC, Alt, and the other belt driven pumps, everything is great. No problems.

SactownP31 04-09-2018 11:05 PM

Just checking in. Put another 1200 miles on car. Pulley has been great so far. Voltage stays at 14v. We've had strange weather in central Cali. Freezing in mornings then got up to 85 degrees for a couple of weeks then it started to rain for days. Heater and AC worked great and had no issues. Headers should be here this week so looking forward to "completing" all planned mods for this car. Well, maybe flex fuel too if we get the group buy price again.

Crya 04-09-2018 11:54 PM

Re E85 kit, me and you. We’d need 8 more. The afd guy convinced me based on reported hp and design that their kit is superior to the cheapo one, so I’m willing to spend.

SactownP31 04-10-2018 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Crya (Post 7426493)
Re E85 kit, me and you. We’d need 8 more. The afd guy convinced me based on reported hp and design that their kit is superior to the cheapo one, so I’m willing to spend.

I like the plug and play aspect. Quality seems better too. But It cost double what the other ones cost though. Id be down for the $1600 with 550cc injectors. But now I guess price is going up? First things first, ARH header install.

G_Money 04-10-2018 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by SactownP31 (Post 7426514)
I like the plug and play aspect. Quality seems better too. But It cost double what the other ones cost though. Id be down for the $1600 with 550cc injectors.

Same

Doc Oc 04-10-2018 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Crya (Post 7426493)

The guy who sells it claims it's superior? Shocker:) They certainly can't claim it's the same or no one would fork out the extra $1200. However, the power is in the fuel, not the kit. If it works it works, one kit will NOT make more power than another. If anybody tells you differently, be wary. There is no magic to it, the control unit alters the injector signal (based on input from a generic ethanol sensor that is the same in every kit I've ever seen) to compensate for the extra flow demands of e85. That shouldn't cost $1600. It's called AMG tax. The same afd kit for the M3 is $400 cheaper. For the Mustang it's $800 cheaper. All the same kit, only difference is the injector plugs. It's all a racket man:)

Doc Oc 04-10-2018 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by SactownP31 (Post 7426514)
I like the plug and play aspect. Quality seems better too. But It cost double what the other ones cost though. Id be down for the $1600 with 550cc injectors. But now I guess price is going up? First things first, ARH header install.

Not sure how that claim can be made without actually seeing the two kits side by side. The cheap one is plug and play as well fyi..

SactownP31 04-10-2018 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Oc (Post 7426789)
Not sure how that claim can be made without actually seeing the two kits side by side. The cheap one is plug and play as well fyi..

Fukenay! Then its time to hold off on that until it comes down to a more reasonable price then. Thanks for the heads up doc.

Crya 04-10-2018 01:10 PM

Sorry OP your thread is way off topic now. But, see Doc's excellent thread on his kit install from eflexfuel. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...installed.html

Probably time that Doc or someone experienced start a separate comparo thread. I emailed and asked AFD what I was getting for all that extra coin after being convinced to buy the kit Doc got, which is like $360!!. They told me that they weren't familiar with Doc's kit, but that they noted based on his thread it was making less power and wasn't "as plug n play" because of needing to seat the connectors or whatever, and that the kit appears to be "generic" in that it wasn't "designed specifically for M156" and uses inferior fuel line components. Just reporting what AFD stated to me when I inquired. I do not vouch or otherwise support any of that. :)

Doc Oc 04-10-2018 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Crya (Post 7426885)
Sorry OP your thread is way off topic now. But, see Doc's excellent thread on his kit install from eflexfuel. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...installed.html

Probably time that Doc or someone experienced start a separate comparo thread. I emailed and asked AFD what I was getting for all that extra coin after being convinced to buy the kit Doc got, which is like $360!!. They told me that they weren't familiar with Doc's kit, but that they noted based on his thread it was making less power and wasn't "as plug n play" because of needing to seat the connectors or whatever, and that the kit appears to be "generic" in that it wasn't "designed specifically for M156" and uses inferior fuel line components. Just reporting what AFD stated to me when I inquired. I do not vouch or otherwise support any of that. :)

I hear you and wasn't trying to be critical if it came off that way. My car only made 14 rwhp, but keep in mind that Afd/EC themselves only claim 15 rwhp gains without a FF tune. They all post up 25-30 rwhp gains but when you read the little print it says "with tuning". I don't have any such tuning as they won't sell me a FF tune because I don't have their kit. Also, with Dyno accuracy and weather variables, I wouldn't put too much stock in that 14 rwhp gain. I've only dynod once on flexfuel and I have no idea how much weather plays a factor with 105...but I can tell you on pump gas my car lost 15 rwhp dynoing on a 86 degree day vs a 59 degree day. Same mods....so it's almost pointless to look at my numbers as weather conditions were not comparable.

Sorry for the thread jack op!

SactownP31 04-10-2018 04:09 PM

No need to apologize fellas, I'm all for this shyt. Good talking points here so why would anyone complain. I think the 1 thing that makes ec ff kit more enticing is the fact they will only tune their kit. That alone is worth an extra 12-20whp. But is it worth an extra $600-$800. Thats the real question.

skratch77 04-10-2018 05:47 PM

Just go oetuning for the e85 tuning.they give you tweaked files to your mods and give you race gas maps with there base tuning.

an oetuned car just trapped 128mph on e85

Doc Oc 04-10-2018 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7427142)
Just go oetuning for the e85 tuning.they give you tweaked files to your mods and give you race gas maps with there base tuning.

an oetuned car just trapped 128mph on e85

That's my plan. Hate to throw away the $$ I spent on the EC tune but there doesn't seem to be a choice.

bentz69 04-10-2018 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Oc (Post 7427152)
That's my plan. Hate to throw away the $$ I spent on the EC tune but there doesn't seem to be a choice.

I dont want it to come to this.....So Im holding out and trying to communicate with Jerry to provide me with a new map for larger injectors

EDIT...I dont want to rely on e85 only. Its my understanding that if you tune for e85 then you essentially have to be running e85 all the time. I liked the idea of being able to run a heavy mix of e85 when I want to use the extra power it provides but not be married to it. Thats how eurocharged explained it a while ago.

Crya 04-10-2018 06:21 PM

Ugh didn't realize the 30 ponies was due to restrictive E85 tune. So their graph shows a jump of 18 hp from base run on gas to just E85. The full 30 is with tune. Wow, that's tricky. I don't see any asterisks next to the bold fonts claiming 30!
For example:

Mercedes C63 AMG

Gains 30WHP and 31TQ!

and

The C63 AMG put out an additional 30 horsepower and 31 foot-pounds of torque running on 70% ethanol.

THe more ya know. Group Buy CANCELLED LOL

Doc Oc 04-10-2018 11:03 PM

Still, 18 hp isn't bad with no additional tuning. If I remember that was at 70 or 75% ethanol, right? For comparison, my 14 rw came at 60% ethanol (I can't run any more without upgraded injectors) so the numbers are pretty similar.

SactownP31 04-11-2018 12:44 AM

Back to pulley talk. AMG tech said install of this pulley is a lot easier than any other aftermarket pulley he's ever done. UPD provides install instructions and tech followed them to the letter and install went smooth. I'll post a pic of letter in a bit, if I can find it. Anyone planning on doing this install will need special tool to lock the flywheel. Its around a 2 hr job.