MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Doug DeMuro Reviews C63 AMG Black Series (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/700221-doug-demuro-reviews-c63-amg-black-series.html)

SuckaGDog 03-01-2018 09:47 PM

Doug DeMuro Reviews C63 AMG Black Series

I was looking up videos on F80 M3 aftermarket exhaust systems and this showed up under my "Recommended for You" playlist on YouTube. I knew it was a matter of time after Doug reviewed the CLK63 BS before doing this one.

I have to admit though some of his details were incorrect. The ones that I remember on top of my head now are

-Passenger Seat Adjustment: The backrest and lower portion is electrically adjustable, but the horizontal adjustment is manual (thus no switches on the door).
-Tire Pressure: He was referring to the service reminder/countdown lol.
-Track Package only includes the diff cooler and Dunlop Maxx Race tires, not a transmission cooler.

Overall I thought it was a good review, and had a good chuckle at parts after experiencing some of the things first hand. Figured I'd share it with everyone! Is the owner on here?

James086 03-02-2018 12:38 AM

Wasn't the headbolt issue fixed before the facelift/Black Series was released?

curt.r 03-02-2018 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by James086 (Post 7394334)

Same exact thought crossed my mind. Indeed it was fixed prior to the BS being released but from watching the video, I couldn't tell if he was referring to the Black Series in particular (which would be incorrect) or C63's as a whole (PFL and FL, although it was fixed on FL cars). After re watching the video he does only mention that the "AMG 6.2 V8 was known for a fatal flaw with the headbolts.". My guess is he's referring to the all the C63's, although I'm not 100% sure since he was specifically reviewing the BS.

BLKROKT 03-02-2018 03:07 AM

Most irritating “car person” of all time. I’d even take that annoying ginger Chris Evans over this clown.

SuckaGDog 03-02-2018 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by James086 (Post 7394334)

Yes it was! I forgot to mention that part. It sounded like he was referring to all M156 motors which would be incorrect.

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7394368)
Most irritating “car person” of all time. I’d even take that annoying ginger Chris Evans over this clown.

You think so? I think Parker from Vehicle Virgins is the worst. I won’t watch a single clip with him in it. Schme150 follows closely behind.

roadkillrob 03-02-2018 09:16 AM

Could he learn how to pronounce the word "Black" please.

AMG3.2 03-02-2018 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by SuckaGDog (Post 7394403)

Yes it was! I forgot to mention that part. It sounded like he was referring to all M156 motors which would be incorrect.

You think so? I think Parker from Vehicle Virgins is the worst. I won’t watch a single clip with him in it. Schme150 follows closely behind.

100% Bar none the most annoying car youtuber.

JonM 03-02-2018 02:29 PM

Agreed, I can't stand Doug.

Adi-Benz 03-02-2018 03:32 PM

Dougs the kind of guy who calls himself an enthusiast but he drives a camry sport.

loool I watch him sometimes because sometimes they are interesting. Chris Evans is worse IMO haha.

coolcamden 03-02-2018 05:32 PM

hes sooo annoying, and don’t all his drive tests are selfies of himself? 🙄

Ron Olson 03-02-2018 07:59 PM

He also said the mirrors fold automatically which is wrong.

bluefootedbooby 03-02-2018 09:53 PM

He's a bit of a buffoon but I enjoy the way he shows the "quirks and features" inside a given car. I can't think of other reviewers that really show you the interiors like he does. This is pretty much the only reason I watch his videos. I stop whenever he gets to the test drive part LOL

INS1GNIA 03-02-2018 11:39 PM

His "Doug Score" makes me cringe each time he says it.

Though he does get to review some awesome cars. I agree though, I do not like him very much. He is too scripted/robotic for me.

qmciver 03-03-2018 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Adi-Benz (Post 7394847)
Dougs the kind of guy who calls himself an enthusiast but he drives a camry sport.

loool I watch him sometimes because sometimes they are interesting. Chris Evans is worse IMO haha.

Its funny you say that, because he actually daily’s a white 2012 E63 AMG 4matic wagon.

Vladds 03-04-2018 07:51 AM

Where did he get the information about the black series sunroof for US? Or is that his opinion?
If it is other than opinion, Mercedes would not let go of this information easily, you'd have to talk to a decision maker and it would stay verbal only. Maybe someone that opened his mouth at a car show?

Which brings me back to....

The NEW YORK CAR SHOW is coming.
I'm going to post in the Private lounge about AMG having an event for us.
I already know that they don't do this anymore, but we have to keep up the pressure...
Maybe one day it comes back...

OCDUEUCE 03-07-2018 03:28 PM

He's so... awkward.. and tries to hard to hide that lisp.. Just bad.

BLKROKT 03-07-2018 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by OCDUEUCE (Post 7398812)
He's so... awkward.. and tries to hard to hide that lisp.. Just bad.

I assume you know a lot about this from hiding your lisp. Finally a thread you can contribute meaningfully to, congrats. Awkward.

OCDUEUCE 03-08-2018 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7399170)

I assume you know a lot about this from hiding your lisp. Finally a thread you can contribute meaningfully to, congrats. Awkward.

Ah yeah let me go cut up my front bumper like a ricer and add value to the forum.