Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C63 AMG (W204)
Should I wrap my coupe military camo? Opinions welcome! >

Should I wrap my coupe military camo? Opinions welcome!

Notices
C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I wrap my coupe military camo? Opinions welcome!

 
Old 03-12-2018, 10:11 AM
  #1  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 775
Liked 67 Times in 56 Posts
2012 P31 Coupe
Should I wrap my coupe military camo? Opinions welcome!

Car is currently matte (satin) black and looks great in the summer with gunmetal HREs on.

Insurance will cover the cost to repaint, which is around $10k from the MB body shop. A wrap will cost me $5000.

What do do you guys think? Repaint the factory matte black, good for resale value and keeping it classy. Or get a crazy wrap and keep some change.

google image for military c63. Imo these look awesome and thatís the direction I wanna head. Lookin for any opinions!
NotABaller is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 10:13 AM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 3,298
Liked 149 Times in 126 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Repaint.
AMG3.2 is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 10:48 AM
  #3  
Member
 
gtracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 221
Liked 21 Times in 20 Posts
'13 C63 & AP2 S2000
Repaint. Then maybe wrap it.
gtracer is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 11:40 AM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Adi-Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,367
Liked 279 Times in 254 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC
I like carbon red, check it out.
Adi-Benz is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 12:18 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 3,298
Liked 149 Times in 126 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
If I were you, I'd wrap it, but not camo. Tons of cool colors out there.
AMG3.2 is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 02:38 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
INS1GNIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,218
Liked 209 Times in 161 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31 | '98 3000GT
Get the paint back to factory & 100% condition. Doesn't make sense to wrap something that is damaged...guessing that's why you want it repainted? Then you can wrap it afterwards.
INS1GNIA is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 03:01 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
bhamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,849
Liked 65 Times in 59 Posts
C63 AMG
I like this idea.
bhamg is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 03:03 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
bhamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,849
Liked 65 Times in 59 Posts
C63 AMG
One more.
bhamg is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 03:05 PM
  #9  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 775
Liked 67 Times in 56 Posts
2012 P31 Coupe
Thanks for replies guys. Paint was scratched (keyed) on almost every panel but the penetration was not deep at all and itís not visually obvious. Nonetheless, a full 10k paint job is required to fix it all.

Id be ok with putting a wrap over the existing damages because the paint is not dented or anything.
NotABaller is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 03:17 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 463
Liked 23 Times in 23 Posts
2014 C63 507 & one big 80 Series LandCruiser !
There's a grey Camo G -squared in town.... It's growing on me every time I see it..... I debated wrapping my 200 series landcruiser in some camo but never could find a good option for something that big and round....

that said resale will be much more limited...

E
Texas E63 is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 03:33 PM
  #11  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 775
Liked 67 Times in 56 Posts
2012 P31 Coupe
Originally Posted by Texas E63 View Post
There's a grey Camo G -squared in town.... It's growing on me every time I see it..... I debated wrapping my 200 series landcruiser in some camo but never could find a good option for something that big and round....

that said resale will be much more limited...

E
yes, I think getting a wrap vs a brand new paint job is a very bad choice for resale.... hmmmm
NotABaller is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 03:37 PM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Grove, PA
Posts: 103
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
‘11 C63 P31, ‘04 VW .:R32, ‘15 Ram Longhorn
Originally Posted by NotABaller View Post

yes, I think getting a wrap vs a brand new paint job is a very bad choice for resale.... hmmmm
This, I would get it painted....
Boughtittwice is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 05:23 PM
  #13  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 98
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
c class
pissed off ex girlfriend? lol
silverstar11909 is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 05:52 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
myn8m3is8ndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 284
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Coupe
wrapped and when itís time to trade in, tell the stealership that the paint is perfect underneath. shop around for quotes and tell them itís a base c class. Lowest I found was $3K at a reputable shop around my area.

OR you can get it wrapped a cheaper odd color, pocket the 5K+, sell it to the stealership before your insurance messes up your clean carfax, and have your buddy come by and be like i dont like the wrap but i want the car. Have the stealership pull off the wrap to point out the all around key mark and buy it back at a additional discount
myn8m3is8ndy is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 06:14 PM
  #15  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 775
Liked 67 Times in 56 Posts
2012 P31 Coupe
Originally Posted by myn8m3is8ndy View Post
wrapped and when itís time to trade in, tell the stealership that the paint is perfect underneath. shop around for quotes and tell them itís a base c class. Lowest I found was $3K at a reputable shop around my area.

OR you can get it wrapped a cheaper odd color, pocket the 5K+, sell it to the stealership before your insurance messes up your clean carfax, and have your buddy come by and be like i dont like the wrap but i want the car. Have the stealership pull off the wrap to point out the all around key mark and buy it back at a additional discount
****in genious
NotABaller is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 08:49 PM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
bhamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,849
Liked 65 Times in 59 Posts
C63 AMG

Bingo!
bhamg is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 09:27 PM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Jasonoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 3,538
Liked 620 Times in 410 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by bhamg View Post

Bingo!
If you do this, can you delete your account so I don't have to see posts about it?

Thanks brah...
Jasonoff is online now  
The following users liked this post: Jasonoff
ImportToAMG (03-23-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 11:02 PM
  #18  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 775
Liked 67 Times in 56 Posts
2012 P31 Coupe
Originally Posted by Jasonoff View Post
If you do this, can you delete your account so I don't have to see posts about it?

Thanks brah...
lmao... I donít like the look of that one at all. Smh
NotABaller is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 11:03 PM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
bhamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,849
Liked 65 Times in 59 Posts
C63 AMG
I really like that snow camo on Camo-63's coupe pictured above. Has anyone seen it in L.A. in the flesh? That and some of the blue/grey/white abstracted digital camo that has appeared on fighters. Better looking than the BMW art cars IMO.
bhamg is offline  
Old 03-13-2018, 10:09 AM
  #20  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 775
Liked 67 Times in 56 Posts
2012 P31 Coupe
Originally Posted by bhamg View Post
I really like that snow camo on Camo-63's coupe pictured above. Has anyone seen it in L.A. in the flesh? That and some of the blue/grey/white abstracted digital camo that has appeared on fighters. Better looking than the BMW art cars IMO.
he needs proper tints and rims!
NotABaller is offline  
Old 03-13-2018, 04:08 PM
  #21  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 21,166
Liked 683 Times in 660 Posts
2012 CLS63
I just spent 10 minutes trying to find this killer wrap I saw once on the W218 board......kind of like a battle scarred car, but a wrap, it was killer.

Wraps are fun. Paint is good too But if insurance is paying, I'd go for the paint....maybe a wrap later down the road.

Any pics?
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 03-13-2018, 04:38 PM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
roadkillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,184
Liked 156 Times in 133 Posts
2014 C63 507 with LSD Polar White
Paint
roadkillrob is offline  
Old 03-13-2018, 09:27 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 385
Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
C63 p31 coupe, Clk550 cab, M3 coupe, LS430, 750LI
Call me old school but matte black paint and classy dont belong in the same sentence. Matte always reminds me of the primer paint ricers would use because they couldn't afford to really paint their car. Kind of like thick multi-spoke black rims remind me of spare tires or people who pull off their hubcaps. But with the right rims, trims and most importantly right car, it does look mean. Our car is rather unrefined so the matte pairs great with it.
SactownP31 is offline  
Old 03-14-2018, 07:09 AM
  #24  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 21,166
Liked 683 Times in 660 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by SactownP31 View Post
Call me old school but matte black paint and classy dont belong in the same sentence. Matte always reminds me of the primer paint ricers would use because they couldn't afford to really paint their car. Kind of like thick multi-spoke black rims remind me of spare tires or people who pull off their hubcaps. But with the right rims, trims and most importantly right car, it does look mean. Our car is rather unrefined so the matte pairs great with it.
Ricers? Racist at all?
hyperion667 is online now  
The following users liked this post: hyperion667
BLKROKT (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 07:43 AM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
G_Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 1,305
Liked 53 Times in 51 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Originally Posted by hyperion667 View Post
Ricers? Racist at all?
lmao how is that racist? I hope you're trolling, or not from an English speaking country or something lol!

I want to know the story behind the car being keyed tho tbqh
G_Money is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Should I wrap my coupe military camo? Opinions welcome!


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: