MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   C63 aftermarket Carbon fibre diffuser & Exhaust pipe (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/703194-c63-aftermarket-carbon-fibre-diffuser-exhaust-pipe.html)

brian 507 03-31-2018 08:15 PM

C63 aftermarket Carbon fibre diffuser & Exhaust pipe

Hi Guys, I think the stock plastic diffuser is a bit too subtle, I've been searching quite a few past threads about the carbon diffuser and found a few suppliers such as mode carbon, JL motoring and RW carbon etc, but mode carbon seems quite expensive, so I'm looking at particular the diffuser on RW carbon, but it looks identical to a lot of those selling on ebay, and prices on there varies a lot, are they eventually the same product? Any benefit to buy from RW carbon in terms of the quality or fitment? Any other good options i can buy the carbon diffuser?

Also another question just to save opening another new thread, If i go for secondary cat delete, should I opt for Milltek pipe or just a stainless H pipe? Is Milltek just a straight pipe? Is it stainless or titanium? Any particular reason to go for it over a normal H pipe in terms of sound difference?

Thanks heaps!

intence 03-31-2018 08:46 PM

mode carbon is best looking IMO and theres literally no other diffuser on the market that has their shape so they can command a premium. RW carbon has a good reputation and will guarantee fitment.

just go to a qualified muffler shop and do a secondary cat delete. should cost $150 or less. some people opt for straight pipes, while others do an H, which is what i did and i cant complain.

iShootYou 03-31-2018 09:50 PM

I’ve had RW carbon and I was not impressed I would not recommend them to anyone. I actually purchased Mode Carbon after I sold my RW carbon diffuser and was highly impressed quality and fit and amazing literally some of the best carbon parts that are not oem.

chrisridebike8 04-01-2018 04:05 AM

love my RW Carbon diffuser and spoiler. I plan to get a front lip from them as well.

EDDIE12 04-01-2018 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by intence (Post 7418901)
mode carbon is best looking IMO and theres literally no other diffuser on the market that has their shape so they can command a premium.

That's totally untrue. BOCA Design have the same diffuser, rear wing, etc for the W204 C63. But that's no surprise as I was informed when I got my BOCA Type 1 Race diffuser that Mode Carbon parts are actually made by BOCA Design.

intence 04-01-2018 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by EDDIE12 (Post 7419137)
That's totally untrue. BOCA Design have the same diffuser, rear wing, etc for the W204 C63. But that's no surprise as I was informed when I got my BOCA Type 1 Race diffuser that Mode Carbon parts are actually made by BOCA Design.

ya ure right but when was the last time you saw someone with a boca design diffuser or a vendor selling one?

INS1GNIA 04-01-2018 05:31 PM

If doing the secondary cat, just use stainless steel straight pipe.
I prefer the P31 Mode Carbon diffuser. That version doesn't have the logo in the middle, so I think it looks better. I heave heard good things about RW Carbon but havn't tried them yet. There is also a site I use CNAutoFans, that I have had great results from as well.

BLKROKT 04-01-2018 05:50 PM

I would never use MC again. Thin/flimsy doesn’t keep its shape over time and yellows. Not a fan of the front lip fitment, and as soon as it gets tapped the whole thing is ruined. The RW stuff is SOLID and very durable. It’s all carbon overlay on FRP and Matt’s a good dude and will make sure it fits. On exterior trim I want something that will last, not the absolute lightest and thinnest piece of carbon fiber possible. I’ve had parts of my lip repaired/refinished 3 times now and you’d never know it.

brian 507 04-02-2018 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7419393)
I would never use MC again. Thin/flimsy doesn’t keep its shape over time and yellows. Not a fan of the front lip fitment, and as soon as it gets tapped the whole thing is ruined. The RW stuff is SOLID and very durable. It’s all carbon overlay on FRP and Matt’s a good dude and will make sure it fits. On exterior trim I want something that will last, not the absolute lightest and thinnest piece of carbon fiber possible. I’ve had parts of my lip repaired/refinished 3 times now and you’d never know it.

so the RW carbon diffuser's quality is different from those ones on ebay though they look the same? Will fit better on the car? cheers!

brian 507 04-02-2018 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by intence (Post 7418901)
mode carbon is best looking IMO and theres literally no other diffuser on the market that has their shape so they can command a premium. RW carbon has a good reputation and will guarantee fitment.

just go to a qualified muffler shop and do a secondary cat delete. should cost $150 or less. some people opt for straight pipes, while others do an H, which is what i did and i cant complain.

So yours is H pipe? No point to go for Milltek pipe? cheers.

brian 507 04-02-2018 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by iShootYou (Post 7418940)
I’ve had RW carbon and I was not impressed I would not recommend them to anyone. I actually purchased Mode Carbon after I sold my RW carbon diffuser and was highly impressed quality and fit and amazing literally some of the best carbon parts that are not oem.

how was the fitment of RW carbon's diffuser? fits alright or?

AMGC 04-02-2018 09:38 AM

Ebay parts stay away from. I have had a 2 front lips that was unuseable shapes were so off. RW carbon is a good cheaper alternative to Mode Carbon. RW parts arent bad looking by any means but for the spoiler the MC is just a little bit bigger and just has a beautiful weave. Rear diffuser RW is a great choice as it is a great piece at a good deal. Selling my RW carbon rear spoiler that I switched with a Mode Carbon. Also have a fl rear diffuser and Vorsteiner style front lip for sale.

Dogtag114 04-04-2018 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by brian 507 (Post 7418884)
Hi Guys, I think the stock plastic diffuser is a bit too subtle, I've been searching quite a few past threads about the carbon diffuser and found a few suppliers such as mode carbon, JL motoring and RW carbon etc, but mode carbon seems quite expensive, so I'm looking at particular the diffuser on RW carbon, but it looks identical to a lot of those selling on ebay, and prices on there varies a lot, are they eventually the same product? Any benefit to buy from RW carbon in terms of the quality or fitment? Any other good options i can buy the carbon diffuser?

Also another question just to save opening another new thread, If i go for secondary cat delete, should I opt for Milltek pipe or just a stainless H pipe? Is Milltek just a straight pipe? Is it stainless or titanium? Any particular reason to go for it over a normal H pipe in terms of sound difference?

Thanks heaps!

I've been eyeing the JL Motoring ones but haven't pulled the trigger.

http://www.jl-motoring.com/Mercedes_...p/mbdi0407.htm

intence 04-04-2018 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by brian 507 (Post 7419665)
So yours is H pipe? No point to go for Milltek pipe? cheers.

ya custom H pipe for like $150. cant go wrong.

Tlnt60 04-05-2018 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by AMGC
Ebay parts stay away from. I have had a 2 front lips that was unuseable shapes were so off. RW carbon is a good cheaper alternative to Mode Carbon. RW parts arent bad looking by any means but for the spoiler the MC is just a little bit bigger and just has a beautiful weave. Rear diffuser RW is a great choice as it is a great piece at a good deal. Selling my RW carbon rear spoiler that I switched with a Mode Carbon. Also have a fl rear diffuser and Vorsteiner style front lip for sale.

Can you PM on price for the parts?

Thanks!