C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Android Widescreen touchscreen For W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 03:43 PM

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts
2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
NOT what I’m looking for. But it doesn’t look terrible or stick up too much. I’ll give it a shot. Maybe I can modify the dash to nest it in there better. Good excuse for me to get back on the alcantara dash project. Winter project.
You know, this look isn't the worst thing in the world. I wouldn't hate a W205 for having this and it might even freshen the look of the W204.

The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (07-22-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
This looks pretty cool. I was browsing through some of the youtube comments and came across this one:

Ske 1 month ago
Hey! Just wanted to check if you are still satisfied with the screen after few months of use.. I am thinking of buying one for myself!

Raymond Urias 1 month ago
Pull the ebarke on it. I was satisfied with the product till it started having issues with the LVDS. From what I hear there is a new model coming out soon

Is the new 7.1 one the update he was talking about?
Old 07-23-2018, 07:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
No, he was having issues with the old one.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:32 PM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
Just an update. I received my 7.1 android version about 3 weeks ago. Initially I had a problem installing it on my pre-facelift as there is 1 change to the installation guide that I wasn't aware of. Initially in Raymonds original vid he connected the red wire to the yellow wire using bullet connectors. This is only for the old android units. In the install for the 7.1 android unit, you connect the red wire to the white wire with a black stripe! Chris was quite helpful and told me this after I asked - he replied VERY quickly - but tbh this is something I would have expected as a part of the install instructions.

Anyhow, moving on.

2nd problem I had was getting the command to fit flush back into its original space after running the new cables for the android screen in behind it. Man its really tight in there, in fact I almost gave up and almost ripped the unit out of the car I was getting soo frustrated.. that is until I found this video:

So - getting back to the unit. I quite like it. It boots up reasonably quickly once you start the car which surprised me. Sound is good, but definitely need to play with the sound output of the screen otherwise the unit has a bit of feedback. Especially when a song fades out to the time a new song starts. This can be changed quite easily using the speaker icon in the bluetooth music section. I have mine set to 5, at this setting the sound is equal volume even when i switch to the car's radio.

The screen is quite fluid & responds very quickly. Overall im very happy with my purchase and will continue to use it. I was worried that in night time driving it may be too bright, but not at all.

Only things i'd like to see added to it would be for it to;
  1. Display the connected phones reception like other cars do.
  2. Display the current volume "value" as a slider or number when turning the volume up or down
  3. Be able to adjust the default icons. For example, id like bluetooth music to be on the first screen as I use this the most etc.

However, none of these are deal breakers. Music starts the moment I start the car and the screen boots, it works with YouTube Red & Spotify. IGO maps & navigation run well.

Overall Id give it an 8/10.
The following 7 users liked this post by Honro:
BLKROKT (08-12-2018), Christophe (09-05-2018), GRP (08-10-2018), HorseSchnoz (08-09-2018), LoFox (08-09-2018), Ludedude (08-10-2018), rexiferp (08-09-2018) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-11-2018, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Installed mine today. Pretty straightforward. Of course many of my features don’t seem to be working quite right because my harness came with 8-10 extra wires with little sticker labels on them and no directions what to do with any of them. Really aggravating. So none of them are connected to anything. Oh well. Starts right up, radio works. All the previous Command functions seem to work. When I go to Reverse, the camera comes on for a second then it defaults to an Android screen with parking lines but no video. So I have to hit clear and the OE rear camera display pops back up. Weird.

I guess I like it. I don’t know how it’s making my life any better. It really blows that it doesn’t come with instructions or a user manual. I wish I knew what the extra wires were for, or had a manual to tell me where to find all the settings, how to download apps, how to hook up wifi or use phone as hotspot, etc.

Mine came with a little speaker. Still don’t know what it’s for. Need to run the Aux cable to the center console still, even though I don’t know what it’s for either.

I don’t know how to get the AMG splash screen. I don’t know where to find any settings, the Android radio, etc. The Android map doesn’t seem to work. The thing seems to want to connect to the internet to download updates - I wouldn’t even know where to start with that. I guess I need to just fool with it some more, but I was tired of sitting in my hot car. Maybe tomorrow. If I can get Harry’s LapTimer and an external camera rigged up via Bluetooth to sync up and work, then it’ll all be worth it. If not, meh.

It looks fine there on the dash too, I like the look actually. Getting the radio back in was a real pain, in the end I just got everything close and pushed it back until I could get the screws back in, hoping I wasn’t crushing the optical cable.

First impression? Eh.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:41 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Installed mine today. Pretty straightforward. Of course many of my features don’t seem to be working quite right because my harness came with 8-10 extra wires with little sticker labels on them and no directions what to do with any of them. Really aggravating. So none of them are connected to anything. Oh well. Starts right up, radio works. All the previous Command functions seem to work. When I go to Reverse, the camera comes on for a second then it defaults to an Android screen with parking lines but no video. So I have to hit clear and the OE rear camera display pops back up. Weird.

I guess I like it. I don’t know how it’s making my life any better. It really blows that it doesn’t come with instructions or a user manual. I wish I knew what the extra wires were for, or had a manual to tell me where to find all the settings, how to download apps, how to hook up wifi or use phone as hotspot, etc.

Mine came with a little speaker. Still don’t know what it’s for. Need to run the Aux cable to the center console still, even though I don’t know what it’s for either.

I don’t know how to get the AMG splash screen. I don’t know where to find any settings, the Android radio, etc. The Android map doesn’t seem to work. The thing seems to want to connect to the internet to download updates - I wouldn’t even know where to start with that. I guess I need to just fool with it some more, but I was tired of sitting in my hot car. Maybe tomorrow. If I can get Harry’s LapTimer and an external camera rigged up via Bluetooth to sync up and work, then it’ll all be worth it. If not, meh.

It looks fine there on the dash too, I like the look actually. Getting the radio back in was a real pain, in the end I just got everything close and pushed it back until I could get the screws back in, hoping I wasn’t crushing the optical cable.

First impression? Eh.
Completely agree. These units really do need a proper install manual and user instructions. Everything ive learnt has been from online vids and a couple of emails. Even both of those have been quite vague as well.

BLKROKT, your car is facelift, so unless you have a NON OEM backup camera, I dont think you need to connect any of those wires anywhere - from what ive seen. For your back up camera - all i can sugest is going into "carlife" and selecting the option in there, and there is a camera option within that menu. See if that helps?

Best advice I can give everyone (thanks for bringing it up) is to treat this unit as an Android Tablet not a stereo. So to get wifi/internet happening, you need to set your phone as a wifi hotspot. Then turn on wifi on the unit and telling it to search for wifi connections. It should find your phone and connect to it. With my note 8, i have it set as a remembered device so as soon as Bluetooth connects to the screen, the phone automatically creates a hotspot & the unit connects to the internet automatically. Takes a bit of time setting up, but you will get there. But as you mentioned, all this should be in a manual, not sit through tons of videos to find this info out!

I have no idea what that speaker is for, and I didn't use it. The AUX cable is so the screen can play its sounds. In short, the screen is just an Auxiliary connected to your car's original stereo, like a bolt on to your engine heh. So to get its sounds playing through your stereo, you need to connect the aux cable to ur center console (or glove-box in my case) & on ur original MB unit set sound as AUX for it to work. As for radio etc, you need to go to ur MB Screen from the "Car Device" option and use ur OEM screen for radio. Then to return to the screens menu, you go to sound > aux on the OEM system. Clear as mud?

AMG Logo - ill PM u - cause I got it, but I dont think the suppliers would like if I posted it here
BLKROKT (08-12-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 11:11 PM

2014 C63 Coupe
Damnit man. Pics!
Old 08-12-2018, 10:09 AM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by Ludedude

Damnit man. Pics!
+1 on pictures.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The following 3 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
BalanBro (08-14-2018), ghh923 (08-12-2018), Ludedude (08-12-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 10:45 AM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
That looks cool.
I would assume that since it's basically an Android tablet, you should be able to load apps like Torque, Dashcommand etc, and view them on the screen. That would be cool.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:29 PM

2014 C63 Coupe
Yeah that doesn't look bad at all; no different than the current crop of MB infotainment screens. I like it

The real-time door opening and lighting images on the display are cool af. Totally modern.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:59 PM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Savage-wp
That looks cool.
I would assume that since it's basically an Android tablet, you should be able to load apps like Torque, Dashcommand etc, and view them on the screen. That would be cool.
Yes, can confirm Torque works perfectly. Don't use dashcommand tho
Old 08-13-2018, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 P31
Hi All....First post so be easy on me...LOL!

I have this in my 08 C300 W204 and its a great upgrade. Only draw back is that it is Euro spec and I asked if they would U.S. spec it and the answer was no. So I dont use the guages and I have not seen an upgrade
available for the software. I put this on around a year ago.

With that being said I will be installing one on my 13 C63 as I do like it that much with streaming YouTube and Netflix for passengers

Last edited by Da_Gr8est; 08-13-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG

First impression? Eh.
Not sure if this'll help at all but have you seen this?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AndroidScreen_CKM.pdf (815.0 KB, 202 views)
Old 08-14-2018, 02:38 AM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by bhamg
Not sure if this'll help at all but have you seen this?
Yep, I had a copy of it. But the new screen with android 7.1.1 does vary quite a bit from that very vague set of instructions.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:04 PM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2007 cls550
Guys, I am on the page http://www.ckmcardes********/c-class...uchscreen-w204

This is the new 7.1 unit with updates and MPH? For $570? I know that it says it but I was thinking that this was $700+.

Two other questions.
1. I have a 08 C350 with Command and Nav but no backup camera. Best solution for me?
2. I read things about an Apple Play plug in or something. Is that part of this or a separate purchase?

Thanks!!
Old 08-16-2018, 07:48 PM
GRP

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
2010 C63
Originally Posted by 95viper
Guys, I am on the page http://www.ckmcardes********/c-class...uchscreen-w204

This is the new 7.1 unit with updates and MPH? For $570? I know that it says it but I was thinking that this was $700+.

Two other questions.
1. I have a 08 C350 with Command and Nav but no backup camera. Best solution for me?
2. I read things about an Apple Play plug in or something. Is that part of this or a separate purchase?

Thanks!!
VAT and No VAT is the likely difference.

If outside Europe no VAT payable and price is US$574.00.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:29 PM

2007 cls550
You think this would solve my camera issue and what about this apple play talk?

Old 08-18-2018, 12:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63, 335i
Silly question, but since this is touch screen, do the original arm rest controls still work(the knob to control nav) Or are they now non functional? Would seem very "aftermarket" if they're just dead weight now
Old 08-18-2018, 12:49 PM

2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by tofu-
Silly question, but since this is touch screen, do the original arm rest controls still work(the knob to control nav) Or are they now non functional? Would seem very "aftermarket" if they're just dead weight now
They're fully functional. That's one of the coolest things about this mod.
Old 08-18-2018, 12:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63, 335i
Originally Posted by Ludedude
They're fully functional. That's one of the coolest things about this mod.
Very impressive

Old 08-18-2018, 01:17 PM

2014 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by tofu-
Very impressive
Take a look at some of the videos in this thread. That feature is clearly called out and demonstrated. It's cool AF.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C63
Originally Posted by HorseSchnoz
Looking forward to your video LoFox. I just ordered this for my facelift C63 and my first install attempt did not go so well. Everything went smoothly until I came to the part where I had to put the Comand unit back in after the new harness was connected up. I could not for the life of me get it to go all the way back in; no matter what I did with the new harness it always seemed to be in the way and the Comand unit would stick out about 2" from where it should sit. I'm wondering if anyone who has installed this unit on their facelift C63 would have nay advice for me as it was incredibly frustrating that something so simple ended up causing me to revert back to stock for the time being.
Hi,
Did you succeed to install it?

I'm facing the same problem on my facelift W204, no way to put the Comand back in, even with advices and video from aznmode. It seems much more difficult for facelift cars, with no access from below and less access from above.
It's nearly impossible to find out what is blocking.
I'm trying to put all cables at the bottom but it's very difficult to ensure that it stays in place when pushing the Comand.
I tried 8 hours the last 2 weeks and at the best try there was about still 0.5 inch missing... I'm going to give up soon as I'll need to use the car...

Thanks and regards,
Christophe
Old 09-05-2018, 06:13 PM

2007 cls550
I saw a video on this. Bottom left corner the cables appear to be pushed down and back as far as possible. However the bottom left of Command pushes into them and won’t go in.

The video shows that you pull out Command and find that the cables need to tuck even further down. So they end up below the Command unit when it slides in. There is a bottom shelf of sorts that has an opening if you feel around and you tuck the cables in there.

Need to find that video.
Christophe (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 08:23 AM

2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by 95viper
I saw a video on this. Bottom left corner the cables appear to be pushed down and back as far as possible. However the bottom left of Command pushes into them and won’t go in.

The video shows that you pull out Command and find that the cables need to tuck even further down. So they end up below the Command unit when it slides in. There is a bottom shelf of sorts that has an opening if you feel around and you tuck the cables in there.

Need to find that video.
Its on post 154 of this thread.
Christophe (09-06-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Android Widescreen touchscreen For W204