Sponsored by:

3.06 final drive swap - game changer!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 10:12 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
soon enough I'll offer reprogramming to the 3.06 final drive as well. I'll be validating on my own vehicle. I'll be also hopefully be updating my 722.9 torque converter vehicle to enable agility mode as well. more to come!

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
The following 4 users liked this post by hachiroku:
BLKROKT (02-05-2021), doncmleon (12-25-2020), ghh923 (01-12-2022), yfz rock (10-11-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,849 Likes on 1,680 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Yo @E63007 any update? How’s your swap working for you?
Old 08-21-2021, 03:59 PM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
07' E63
3.06 Swap

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
All right! After many months of working on the total upgrade of the rear end starting with the Rear Main Seal, Drive Shaft Rubber Disc’s, all new kmac bushings for the rear upper control arms, new UPD Toe arms and OEM Torque Arms + Bushings in the rear Carrier, Air Springs and Shocks, Brakes, Rotors, Hubs, Steering wheel and Gearshift rebuild with new leather, alas, the 3.06 gear swap which initially did myself, I’m finally up and running!. I say initially because at first test drive I had a bad vibration upon deceleration which pointed to the pinion not being seated properly, so I never got above 35mph! It also could have been due to my NOT Spreading the Diff case when installing the Axle Bearings.

The good news is the programming for the 3.06 gears that occurred over TeamViewer thru my STAR worked as planned along with the addition of “A” on the dash, meaning an additional function in relation to Comfort, Sport and Manual Mode. “A” stands for Aggressive or the aforementioned “Agility”, BTW. But being I was having issues with drivetrain vibration and not driving over 35mph, I did NOT get to really feel it other than the very evident peppy shifting. Nevertheless, after that realization, I parked it in the garage only to see a coolant leak emanating from the driver side intake port on the radiator. I also noticed oil leaking from the compressor as well as down the driver Airspring leaking hydronic fluid onto the bolt attached to the Spring Arm. Being that I knew I had to wait for the Radiator and Condensor/Drier to be delivered, I removed the Airspring and brought it back to RMT and they opened it up right there peeling back the boot showing me the hydraulic fluid leaking and explained that once that happens, there’s nothing they can do to “save” the Airspring. I was thinking I was f _ _ _ _ d, and I asked if there was another one I could buy? He noticed I had completely misunderstood him and said since I had already brought it in for a rebuild, and they knew full well the car had been up on stands for the last year meaning the shock had only 2000 mi on them since rebuild, he said that he had many others in stock and that they would set me up no problem under warranty!!!! Yeah buddy!!

Anyhow, while I was waiting for that to be done, I was busy building up the passenger side air intake port on the new radiator by scuffing it up and using epoxy based fiberglass to build up about a 3/4” extension to allow the Air Intake tube to fit around it on the Passenger Side. The problem was that my passenger Intake hose was just short of being able to secure itself around Port of the old radiator, so in effect, air from the engine bay was being sucked into the Intake. I was doing that while doing the Rad/Condensor, A/C Expansion Valve & Heater Combination Valve at the firewall ( requiring the removal of the wiper motor) as well as removing the Differential, again!! As for the Diff, I did it by just removing one axle nut, and disconnecting the toe and strut arms on that same side and then removed that sides axle. Then I supported the Diff with a tranny Jack, disconnected the bolts, dropped the diff and pried it away from the other axle. Then sent it off to get done right. Installing it presented another challenge but the tranny jack was essential. I actually got the Diff back before receiving the other parts, so I got right to it. I also had a rotor issue whereby it was warped so I ended up buying another one (FCP Euro) and RMAing the warped one for full credit. It happened to be the passenger side so that’s the side I disco’d everything to drop the Diff. Then I finally got word of my custom Steering wheel/gearshift leather being completed, so I arranged to drive south (Pompano,Fl to pick up the Airspring on the way to Plantation to pick up the Steering wheel/Gearshift and then busted a move down to Miami where I picked up a new Windshield ( for $250 vs $500 up here!)). I was surprised the Windshield was as light as it was and fit perfectly in the hatch back of the Audi A5 I rented!

Well I can now say that I’ve got her all back together for the most part and went for a test drive in Comfort Mode last night and used the paddle shifters as always and got her up to 80 in 4th and 100 in 5th ( could have gone much more if it weren’t for being on 45 mph back road!) before downshifting. Oh, and the new steering rack bushings definitely made the steering a little stiffer too! Great feeling though! A/C blows cold, even though I f_ _ _ _ _d the kitty buy NOT purging the damn Vacuum/R134 Charging Hose before opening up the port! That means I inadvertently allowed whatever air was left in that hose after the overnight vacuum phase to be introduced to the A/C system once I connected the R134 to that same hose and then opened up the Low side (Blue) to charge the system. Had I purged that hose by pushing the Schrader valve while keeping the low side closed (both sides actually as during the charging phase as you never open up the high (Red) side!!) I would have avoided doing this but being that there was a protective rubber cover on the valve it didn’t dawn on me until after realizing that the system wasn’t charging as quickly as it should have that I had missed doing that step. So I purged by closing the Low side after the first ( of 3) cans of R134! Yeah, it was first time! Live and learn! I still don’t have the Wiper Motor installed so I’m sorta waiting to get the windshield installed before really taking it out. I also have a huge stereo install to do too!

Last edited by E63007; 09-06-2022 at 01:42 AM.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,849 Likes on 1,680 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I’m not sure what any of that means but okay.
The following 2 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
Solo wing (08-22-2021), sytfu_colan (08-22-2021)
Old 01-07-2022, 11:57 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2013 c63 AMG P30 Coupe
Originally Posted by hachiroku
soon enough I'll offer reprogramming to the 3.06 final drive as well. I'll be validating on my own vehicle. I'll be also hopefully be updating my 722.9 torque converter vehicle to enable agility mode as well. more to come!
Did you ever get this figured out? Are you providing this service yet?
Old 01-10-2022, 01:35 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by lekoza
Did you ever get this figured out? Are you providing this service yet?
hi, thanks for asking. after much research this type of service would require us to own STAR/DAS as well as a few other items and offer this service in person. we do not have any intention to offer this remotely through team webviewer like many offer so we've decided at least for now we will not be offering this service.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
The following users liked this post:
lekoza (01-10-2022)
Old 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 amg
C32 runs a 3.06

Originally Posted by cm60k
If anyone got "3.06" here, pls. post your VIN #, to see the codes of "ECU/TCU/Diff. Ratio",,

and figure out the difference between "Canada/U.S/Japan" part #s with SR/codes..

-;ZAYED;-
cant I use the c32 rear diff or the c55
Old 01-21-2024, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 268 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
I think the c32 is a different diff if I remember correctly c55 should work as it's the same hag215 axle
Old 01-21-2024, 02:17 AM

E55 amg
Originally Posted by deadlyvt
I think the c32 is a different diff if I remember correctly c55 should work as it's the same hag215 axle
yes c32 has bolts for sure. Haven't seen a clk rear diff before
Old 01-21-2024, 08:53 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2004 Crossfire (w/M113K), 2006 E55 AMG
It will be heavily dependent on year and model. Also the same for your car. There are two different W211 differential housings, depending on year. The early W211 uses the same differential as E55 W210. After that, you are looking at other "bigger" cars than the W203-based cars.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:51 AM

T
I guess the daimler-chrysler partnership in a way still continues in new models...and yes, I know the details, because I know someone is gonna say it.
Old 01-22-2024, 12:52 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2004 Crossfire (w/M113K), 2006 E55 AMG
Yes it is. Actually, I have a 215mm diff from a 2008 Challenger SRT8 in my Crossfire, and it is using the same part number Wavetrac as the MB.