C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

JL Motoring review - don't buy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 02:44 AM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
-
JL Motoring review - don't buy!

The BS front lip I ordered from him is an actual bull**** part. The quality of the carbon is pure **** and so is the fitment. Just look at the attached picture, the car looks hideous! I had a professional bodyshop install it for me and I don't know what to do, the fitment was so bad the sides of the lip were sticking out like 2 inches but the worst part is the underbody. When the OEM lip ducks underneath the bumper then this one... I don't even know what to say, just look at the attached pictures. If I were to remove it now the glue they used would probably destroy the paint of my bumper. Also now way I'm paying for shipping to return the product to this ****er.

Old 06-01-2018, 05:47 AM

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
2013 C63, 2018 GLC63
Can't tell much from the far away shots... What's the white stuff on the bottom?
Old 06-01-2018, 06:33 AM

-
The white stuff is the OEM bumper. The OEM black trim part is made to cover it up, but this crap doesn't do that so it's all exposed and looks like ****.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Install error? It looks like it was glued way too high up. If I recall correctly how mine fit, I don’t think it’s supposed to completely cover over the center black piece as well.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,575 Likes on 928 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
RWCarbon one looks like this

Old 06-01-2018, 08:24 AM

-
Can't really tell from the pictures if the underside is also visible with RW Carbon piece or not. And no, there's only one way to install it, otherwise it wouldn't fit at all. If you look at the car from close up / from up to down then you won't notice the underside of the bumper (same view as RW Carbon pictures), but if you walk away from the car and look it from the distance it is clearly visible. Also when comparing to the OEM black trim piece then it has much more trim to actually cover the underside of the bumper, this part definitely doesn't have that.

Last edited by rene_gts; 06-01-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

100% installed upside down. The extended piece which is now covering up the center lip spoiler is supposed to be underneath the car.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 240 Posts
2010 E63 AMG, 2003 E500
Yeah, something's not right with the install for it to be that far off.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here’s how my MC BS lip fit when I had it. (ignore the damage, they’re right at curb height).
The center lip is covered, but I still think there’s something off about your install. It doesn’t look quite right.
They’re not all the same, they’re never perfect, they’re cheap mass produced Chinese carbon trim pieces, maybe it just needs to be returned. Shït happens, we all return things. Did you contact them first before blasting them on the forum? Next time test fit it first before gluing.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 06-01-2018 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Maybe get some plasti dip and paint the white parts of the bumper that you can see under the lip. That way they will blend in and not be so noticeable. You can remove it later if you remove the lip.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:18 AM

-
Sorry guys, but the product is ****. If you don't believe me then here are a bunch of pictures. The lip ends too soon and doesn't duck underneath the bumper. It looks OK if you are close, but when you go further away you'll notice it immediately. I'll let the pictures do the talking. The shop guys also confirmed that it couldn't be installed upside down, there was only one way to put it on. Yes, I've already made a dispute about the purchase as well, I want this to be a warning to everyone else who will consider ordering from him. My only solution currently is to get that white part painted black or to totally remove the piece what will eventually peel off my paint and order another part from somebody else.

BLKROKT, could you maybe post a picture of your lip up close (from the under part of the car) so we could actually see the differences. And maybe someone else with the RW lip could post some pictures as well - is it the same piece as mine (price difference is maybe 40$) or it has a different shape?

Last edited by rene_gts; 06-01-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:34 AM

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts
C63 AMG Saloon
It looks like it’s missing the lower center tab that sits under the white part to cover it, maybe they sent a normal c class one as ive seen the same splitter for non amg bumpers.

At least you have not spent thousands with Boca Carbon like I have and they send you the wrong parts twice and the second time the quality of the clearcoat is worse than any ebay splitters and they wont accept the shipment back or give me my money back. I paid loads and trusted what is supposed to be the best company who cant send you the right parts twice and the quality is worse than any cheap carbon ive seen. I will do a thread when I have got time as people need to be aware of Boca Carbon quality and customer service.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by renepello
Sorry guys, but the product is ****. If you don't believe me then here are a bunch of pictures. The lip ends too soon and doesn't duck underneath the bumper. It looks OK if you are close, but when you go further away you'll notice it immediately. I'll let the pictures do the talking. The shop guys also confirmed that it couldn't be installed upside down, there was only one way to put it on. Yes, I've already made a dispute about the purchase as well, I want this to be a warning to everyone else who will consider ordering from him. My only solution currently is to get that white part painted black or to totally remove the piece what will eventually peel off my paint and order another part from somebody else.

BLKROKT, could you maybe post a picture of your lip up close (from the under part of the car) so we could actually see the differences. And maybe someone else with the RW lip could post some pictures as well - is it the same piece as mine (price difference is maybe 40$) or it has a different shape?
Can’t, the lip was destroyed and I changed to a different design.

Did you actually REMOVE the center lip spoiler? Because this BS lip should fit OVER it. That’s part of the reason why that lower part is so visually obvious.

If you made a dispute why not wait until you hear back before warning people to stay away? People make mistakes. Parts sometimes don’t fit right. Seems a bit extreme to go shouting at the top of your lungs for people to stay away. I had an issue with JL and they made it right, even if their communication is poor. Besides, if you had test fit it first before gluing permanently into place, you wouldn’t be in this predicament. That’s not their fault. Maybe you should be yelling at your body shop instead for being stupid.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:43 PM

-
Of course the OEM center piece was removed, it's in my trunk. How was the body shop supposed to know what the final outcome should look. It seems like your tring to make me a fool, but I stand by my opinion that this is a poor item. Also the pictures on JL site and what he sent to my e-mail didn't show any indication that the front bumper will be so visible, he mentioned that the fit is perfect although it wasn't. The sides of the lip were sticking out like 2 inches and it was far off from perfect so the guys had to force the sides to be flush. I trust my bodyshop and if I knew the final outcome would look like this I wouldn't had let them install it. What's done is done. Also theres no way I'm paying 160$ to ship it back to US.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Definitely looks installed upside down. A few fitments would of been ideal before final install.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:14 PM

-

Alright, here's a video show you that this lip doesn't fit upside down - it's curved on the bottom. If you turn it around then it couldn't be installed at all, because it wouldn't clear the upper part of the bumper where to OEM trim sits. Also, I've attached a screenshot of RW Carbon lip being installed, you can clearly see that the part it much, much bigger under the bumper and has actual holes to be connected, just like the OEM part.

I just wish I knew all these sellers have different parts. JL Motoring only gives you the visual look and feeling at the right angels (you can also see those angels here: http://www.jl-motoring.com/Mercedes_...p/mbfs0460.htm) that this is the same BS lip that everyone else are selling. I'd consider him a scammer. And no, he doesn't have this same part for regular non AMG C-Class, so there couldn't be a mix up of the different parts.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You sure are quick to throw around insults. They are NOT scammers.

1. It's installed incorrectly. The center lip spoiler should have stayed on and this installs over it.
2. You haven't even waited to hear back from JL before you start going all crazy on them. Sellers tend to make these things right, especially those like JL who have been around for years. It was user error that led to where you are now where you can't even return it.
3. Carbon parts are not perfect, I haven't seen one to fit 100% perfect and neither has anyone else. It would fit better correctly installed by the way.
4. You didn't provide finished pictures - available all over the web - to your body shop and just told them to put it on? Permanently? No wonder it's wrong.
5. You or your shop didn't think to test fit before taking off the center lip spoiler and PERMANENTLY GLUING it on? That's not the manufacturer fault.
6. Now you can't return it without ruining it and your bumper because your shtty shop decided to permanently affix it without test fitting and without pictures to go from. This is not the manufacturer's fault.
7. That video shows a great fitting lip spoiler, with the exception of the areas your shop fuked up. Even if it's not a 100% perfect fit, you could have just returned it. Who glues on a spoiler as soon as it's out of the box. That's not JL's fault, that why sellers accept returns.

You're nuts dude.

I don't know how many other ways you can say it. You're exactly what's wrong with this community.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 06-01-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Originally Posted by Mort
Maybe get some plasti dip and paint the white parts of the bumper that you can see under the lip. That way they will blend in and not be so noticeable. You can remove it later if you remove the lip.

I'd do this for now. Ive done it.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:03 PM

-
Dude, what the actual ****? **** you and **** JL. JL said that the OEM trim had to be removed! Go suck his **** somewhere else before bashing every single ****ing user on this forum you narcissist.

You're so full of ****. Show me one manufacturer who tells you to keep the OEM trim on the car, just one. Not MC, not RW, not JL tells you that. Show me one picture where you can see that the OEM trim has stayed on. JL part couldn't be fitted with the OEM trim on the car. First, you said the part was installed upside down, then that the trim had to stay on. C'mon, whats next? You're trying so hard to show yourself as the smartest member on this sub and who's always right. Newsflash - you're not.

Last edited by rene_gts; 06-01-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude, what the actual ****? **** you and **** JL. JL said that the OEM trim had to be removed! Go suck his **** somewhere else before bashing every single ****ing user on this forum you narcissist.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:08 PM

-
Better late than never. Such a shame I didn't take the time to check his Facebook earlier before the purchase and settled with the photos he sent me via e-mail. You can clearly see this is the worst fitting BS lip available on the market. Luckily I have a bottle of black plastidip left from last year, so I'm gonna try and see how it looks like with the bumper "teeth" blacked out. One thing is for sure - I'm gonna do all it takes to get my money back via PayPal, because this lip is not what it's being advertised and sold as on his site.

Facebook Post

Last edited by rene_gts; 06-01-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
OP, sorry if I missed this somewhere in the post, but even though JL said to remove the center piece, have you tried to put it back on? It might look better than plastidipping. Just a suggestion.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:36 PM

-
I don't think I have the guts to touch the lip for now because it was glued on (the double-sided tape that was included with the package is a joke and it would never stay on the car with that thing). The shop warned me that if they will try to remove it, it will most likely come off with the paint and I really don't want to start repainting my bumper. Also, the thing won't fit on the OEM black trim piece - I tried it the first thing I got the package. The black trim is one solid piece and if you suggest to only use the underside of it then it would have to be a hack job to start cutting and fitting it. My only solutions currently are: 1) try plastitip and see how it looks with the "teeth" blacked out 2) if it looks OK with the plastidip then get it actually painted black 3) risk removing the lip and order a new one what would cover up the ruined paint and hope it won't peel anywhere else and will actually stay under the lip so it isn't visible.

Last edited by rene_gts; 06-01-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
How was the body shop supposed to know what the final outcome should look.
You supply a booklet of pictures. When I had to install mine, it was a pain in the ***, didn't fit perfect (though I got it looking amazing) and required silicone to fill in all other areas.

Like others said, it sounds like a good portion of this was due to either lack of research or not enough prep/right materials. If your shop made it so that it was permanently on there, I would find out what they used and figure out the solution to get it off. Either heat gun, fishing wire, chemical peel...whatever.

The front lip you posted looks a little short/thin on the underside but it is hard to tell. Not enough so that it would cause to show that much of the car though.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Who glues on a front lip? Did you think about what would happen if it cracks? 3m tape and some self taping screws always works for me.

I would try and work with JL Motoring they have been around forever so to call them scammers is questionable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JL Motoring review - don't buy!