MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Gauging interest on parting out (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/709803-gauging-interest-parting-out.html)

Celicasaur 06-05-2018 08:47 AM

Gauging interest on parting out

I'm going to be parting ways with my E63 soon guys. Lovely as it now is, it's still not fast enough for my expectations. 600hp and a final drive swap still aren't enough to propel the 2 tonne W212 fast enough for my liking. It's a pity, because with my current set up on a stripped out C63, it would probably be a comfortable 10-second car... :(

I'm in the dilemma now as to whether I should part the car out or sell it as is. Maybe you guys can help me. If any of you have genuine interest for any of my parts below (as in, genuine enough to put down a deposit so that it's worth my while to have them removed), please drop me a PM and let's talk. The combination of parts below + a killer tune saw a genuine 500+ to the rear wheels on a Dyno Dynamics (not to be confused with a Dynojet). For those that are going to inevitably ask me, the gains from the cams come largely at high rpm (with good VVT tuning). Where you'll see EC V7 tuned cars with a nice peak figure at around 6000rpm but tapering back down close to V5 tunes by ~6500rpm, these cams will keep the power going at higher rpms.
  • DPE 1 3/4" long tube headers for right hand and left hand drive cars (perhaps more useful for guys in the UK if many read this forum) - $2300USD shipped
  • Kleemann cams - approx 15k of use I think - $2500USD shipped
  • 82mm throttle body conversion - pair of TBs and the all-important throttle plate. I'll also throw in the mini loom to, to make the installation a doddle - $850USD shipped
  • Lightweight 330mm 2-piece rear rotors - approx several hundred miles of use, only weigh 16lb and help with acceleration in gears 1-2 too SOLD
  • Bosch injectors x 8 - I bought these new a few months ago and they've probably barely seen 1000 miles of use - $200USD shipped
I can't sell the 3.06 rear end, as it's going to be too much of a PITA for me to go back to stock, nor do I want to sell my HPTuners interface, as I would like to continue logging and tuning cars over here in the UK.

The parts are still on the car, but if there's enough strong interest, I'll have the various parts removed and then shipped out asap. Ideally if the big ticket items (headers and cams) can find homes, then i'll be happy to let them go and sell the car at a cheaper price next month.

skratch77 06-05-2018 10:22 AM

I'm doing the same thing. I got a taste for the turbo c63 and now thinking on parting my car also.

actually made an appointment in 2 weeks to take everything off the car.

I'm debating on a c63 tt or gts lol

BLKROKT 06-05-2018 10:31 AM

I’m in the same place guys. So conflicted. Love this car but it’s so damn hard to make it do what I want. About the only cars that appeal to me are a GT3, 570S or AMG GTS/GTR, and I just know that I’ll go totally crazy modifying them also. My wife doesn’t have that kind of patience. I think I’m well past the point of no return with this car though and have too much invested already.... so you have a PM lol

Mort 06-05-2018 12:20 PM

Good luck guys, sorry to see you going, let us know what grabs you next.

ritalin 06-05-2018 12:34 PM

Same problem here.
Hard to justify selling it as I've come so far....
Sorry to see you go.

Savage-wp 06-05-2018 12:39 PM

What are you thinking of getting next Celicasaur.

chrisridebike8 06-05-2018 12:51 PM

Interested in the injectors. what size are they? and I assume you already have them set up so that we can just plug and play? thanks.

gtracer 06-05-2018 01:10 PM

He's secretly planing on getting a Supercharger and these funds will allow him to purchase said supercharger.

Do it.;)

Adi-Benz 06-05-2018 02:55 PM

SL65 so you gain money on your investment lol

Celicasaur 06-06-2018 05:23 AM

Next car for me, more than likely will be any one of the following:
  • TT Supra
  • R34 Skyline GTR
  • Corvette C6 Z06
  • M157 E63 (pretty unlikely though)

The injectors are OE Bosch replacements. They aren't bigger cc or E85-ready...

I considered a supercharger and while it would certainly give me all the power that I'd need....it would also make 1st and 2nd gear pretty useless on the often-cold and cruddy streets of London, so it would just end up making me hate the car.

Celicasaur 10-12-2018 03:17 AM

Hey guys, so in the end I finally found what I was looking for... a Supra with factory 2JZ-GTE and 6 speed V160 transmission...in black...picking it up either tomorrow or early next week. :bow:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...3665c24147.png
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...0b7e766c25.png
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1d3b778ae5.png
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a5bbd5aae4.png

SO, therefore, de-mod of the E63 will commence from this weekend. Headers will be the first to come off, next up will be the cams and then TBs. Lastly I'll be taking the lightweight brakes off from the front and rear and then skinning the body styling parts off too, but those of course wont fit W204 models. If things don't sell via PMs etc, I'll list them all on eBay eventually.

Drop me a pm for any genuine interest. I'm happy to work with buyers regarding pricing. I will be having the parts at different price points anyway once they're off the car. Discounts will be issued for those ready to leave a deposit with me and pay earlier before parts come off (which will be over the next week or two anyway tbh). Happy to ship around the world.

INS1GNIA 10-12-2018 04:20 AM

Very nice!!

Adi-Benz 10-12-2018 11:29 AM

Looks great!

Texas E63 10-12-2018 11:47 AM

congrats on the new TT.... they're amazing cars with silly potential.

PM incoming on the Tb's.....

BLKROKT 10-12-2018 11:57 AM

Wow looks super clean congrats! Did you find an unmodified unicorn?

chrisridebike8 10-12-2018 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7575671)

it doesn’t look like it. At least the exhaust is not stock. And there is some aftermarket body mods. But it does look like a clean car! Should be a blast! Congrats! Are you going to change your name to Suprasaur now?

Celicasaur 10-12-2018 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by INS1GNIA (Post 7575481)
Very nice!!

Originally Posted by Adi-Benz (Post 7575650)
Looks great!

Originally Posted by Texas E63 (Post 7575662)
congrats on the new TT.... they're amazing cars with silly potential.

Thanks guys :)

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7575671)

Thanks man. TBH by and large, apart from the exhaust the engine bay it's pretty much stock, aside from some dress up in places (not the best pic I took here...) :

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...b5442c08a4.jpg

Also, not that it matters ^ I'm going to mod it anyway.​​​​​​​

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7575761)
it doesn’t look like it. At least the exhaust is not stock. And there is some aftermarket body mods. But it does look like a clean car! Should be a blast! Congrats! Are you going to change your name to Suprasaur now?

Thanks Chris. And hell naww, I'm loyal to the game. My true love is my Celica and I doubt that'll ever change. Nobody understands why. But when I drive it....it's like....perfection (to me). It's a one of one car.

skratch77 10-12-2018 09:01 PM

Awesome new toy man...I always had a thing for them but to scared to buy one that was molested to hell.

Celicasaur 10-27-2018 01:06 PM

82mm TBs SOLD! :D

Edit - buyer backed out. Still available.

KOSMOS 11-04-2018 11:22 AM

will kleeman cam work with ec v7 tune?or another customized tune?

Celicasaur 11-04-2018 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by KOSMOS (Post 7594578)
will kleeman cam work with ec v7 tune?or another customized tune?

I don't know tbh and nor would EC. I managed to get mine working well with a customised tune.

FWIW, I've decided not to sell the Kleemann cams. They'll be offered with the car when it goes back up for sale soon.

Celicasaur 11-06-2018 02:39 PM

Rear 2-piece rotors SOLD.

KOSMOS 11-27-2018 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Celicasaur (Post 7594582)
I don't know tbh and nor would EC. I managed to get mine working well with a customised tune.

FWIW, I've decided not to sell the Kleemann cams. They'll be offered with the car when it goes back up for sale soon.

wow. pitty, let me know if you change the idea to sell the cams alone ~