MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Chrome window trim - paint, wrap, or dip? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/710155-chrome-window-trim-paint-wrap-dip.html)

Lora Carmen 07-13-2019 11:33 PM

Wrap it

Originally Posted by agp423 (Post 7474552)
Did you do it yourself? If not would you mind sharing how much it costs? If it's cheaper than wrapping I'll go the paint route.

I bought a vivid gloss black wrap for $26 and I still have more left.

///Bruce 12-12-2019 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by FactoryFast (Post 7474273)
You represent the elitist plague among enthusiasts.

How about accepting the fact that we havent all been here since the beginning? Search is everyones friend but damn bro....you are way too negative. We are here because we enjoy the same thing. Creating the environment that you do doesnt make this enjoyable for most. Lighten up....its a hobby....a passion...we all share some form of it. Not everyone can be the best...just enjoy being at the top looking down...no reason to be so condescending...like ALL THE TIME.

ON TOPIC:
I would def wrap the chrome. Im trying to decide what to do with mine...was thinking to try and match the grey on the OEM wheels/Calipers and do it like that...
Anyone else do that?

That was a quote from June of 2018. And still, the elitist plague continues to this day.....

Jasonoff 12-12-2019 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by ///Bruce (Post 7926137)
That was a quote from June of 2018. And still, the elitist plague continues to this day.....

You bumped an old thread to quote an old reply? :nix::crazy:

///Bruce 12-12-2019 03:07 PM

Yeah. I should have referenced a more current thread showing the same elitist attitude continues to this day.

Jasonoff 12-12-2019 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ///Bruce (Post 7926156)
Yeah. I should have referenced a more current thread showing the same elitist attitude continues to this day.

You need a better hobby.

For the thread, I used plastidip on my fog housings and it's still holding up pretty good.

Dogtag114 12-13-2019 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff (Post 7926158)
You need a better hobby.

For the thread, I used plastidip on my fog housings and it's still holding up pretty good.

did you did it in place or pull them off? I heard they pull straight out but I tried once and chickened out.

i keep touching up myriads of paint chips but want to dip only those.

my trim is wrapped, about 10 yrs old and only now starting to chip at the bottom of the window... perhaps from winter scraping

Jasonoff 12-13-2019 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dogtag114 (Post 7926477)
did you did it in place or pull them off? I heard they pull straight out but I tried once and chickened out.

Just grip them tight wiggle and pull straight out. There's 3 or 4 tabs with a small ridge that click into place.

Mully78 12-13-2019 09:42 AM

I used some plastic trim removal tools to get mine out. They are in really tight but its not impossible.

BLKROKT 12-13-2019 11:54 AM

I’m going to do my GLK this weekend (same trim) and will take pics if it helps.

Not even going to respond to the guy above who dreams of looking like Brad Pitt (previous avatar). Must suck to be stupid AND ugly. Should probably really just off yourself.

And nice sig guy. Nobody gives a shít about every car you ever owned grandpa. Why don’t you list all the bicycles you had as a kid too.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...166ec3ced.jpeg

Fhast 12-16-2019 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dogtag114 (Post 7926477)

i keep touching up myriads of paint chips but want to dip only those.

my trim is wrapped, about 10 yrs old and only now starting to chip at the bottom of the window... perhaps from winter scraping

On my sedan I removed my mirrors first before removing the trim to prevent bending. I don't think you can even remove them w/o removing the mirrors if I'm not wrong. Not sure if the same applies to coupes though.
But they slide right up! No screws hold them in place.

///Bruce 12-17-2019 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7926744)
I’m going to do my GLK this weekend (same trim) and will take pics if it helps.

Not even going to respond to the guy above who dreams of looking like Brad Pitt (previous avatar). Must suck to be stupid AND ugly. Should probably really just off yourself.

And nice sig guy. Nobody gives a shít about every car you ever owned grandpa. Why don’t you list all the bicycles you had as a kid too.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...166ec3ced.jpeg

We know the type of individual you are. I've noticed you weren't always like this. Your earlier writings showed a definite desire to help and guide others. We looked forward to your insight. And then, something changed. Let it go bro. Find that love you once had inside. We need you back!

///Bruce 12-17-2019 05:04 PM

I'm never too sure about buying from Amazon. However, I did find this for the window trim for the W205 coupe models:
I'm having mine wrapped for now. If it doesn't hold up in the hot Texas sun, I'll revisit this.