New 2012 C63 Owner... with a knocking in brake pedal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 12:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
2012 Mercedes C63 AMG
New 2012 C63 Owner... with a knocking in brake pedal

Hi everyone..
Like the title says I’m now a proud owner of a beautiful C63 wagon! I’ve been looking for a C63 for about 6 months and wanted it to be the face lift version and had to be Performace Pack with a LSD and a wagon.
So with the help of my better half we decided to buy a white one with black and red interior with 59k on the clock. We are the first owners in our country as it was imported from Japan where it was brought from Yanase and maintained by them.
I absolutely love it but I’ve been paranoid about something going wrong and now Ive found a problem and don’t know what I should do...
When I come to a stop at the lights with my foot on brake pedal I slowly start to feel a knocking in the pedal and can hear it slightly, I suspect it’s the transmission because when I put into neural it goes away.
Do I take it in and get a trans oil and filter change ? I’m unsure if it was done in Japan because I can’t read the service history books.
Any help much appreciated!
Old 06-09-2018, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Murret
Hi everyone..
Like the title says I’m now a proud owner of a beautiful C63 wagon! I’ve been looking for a C63 for about 6 months and wanted it to be the face lift version and had to be Performace Pack with a LSD and a wagon.
So with the help of my better half we decided to buy a white one with black and red interior with 59k on the clock. We are the first owners in our country as it was imported from Japan where it was brought from Yanase and maintained by them.
I absolutely love it but I’ve been paranoid about something going wrong and now Ive found a problem and don’t know what I should do...
When I come to a stop at the lights with my foot on brake pedal I slowly start to feel a knocking in the pedal and can hear it slightly, I suspect it’s the transmission because when I put into neural it goes away.
Do I take it in and get a trans oil and filter change ? I’m unsure if it was done in Japan because I can’t read the service history books.
Any help much appreciated!
Congrats on the car and be sure to post some pics.

Nothing to worry about though, very normal for the car with a beast of an engine, sitting in the front. You will feel some shake/vibration in the brake pedal. There are a couple of other threads that talk about this if the shake starts to become more violent lol.