MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   My Nitrous Install (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/712991-my-nitrous-install.html)

Doc Oc 07-05-2018 10:15 PM

My Nitrous Install

Finally got around to installing a zex nitrous kit last weekend and figured documenting it a little might help any members who are dumb enough to do this:) Very little info is online regarding what kit to go with so I ended up buying the 82023b kit which is a universal system made for efi cars. I've used zex for 20+ years and love their control box and tps activation and recommend giving this kit a look.

First step was finding a place for the fogger nozzle. This is literally the only spot that would work
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f3878bfd4a.jpg
After that I needed mount the control box close enough to the fuel supply and the nozzle to work. On top the y pipe was the only spot that was within reach of both due to the location of the flexfuel control box. There is just enough room so it doesn't push against the hood liner. Fuel was tapped in the same line as the ethanol sensor and was a snap to get hooked up.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e8df1ae3bd.jpg

Installed a purge kit as well which is tapped in right before the controller.

Mounted the solenoid here which was a perfect distance from the controller and made it easy to run a nice straight tube to the grill.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9e0b770ce4.jpg
Just needed a little tlc to get the tube into a good spot which is invisible when the hood is down.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...0b41191a82.jpg
Next it was time to wire it. There's a nice little port through the firewall behind the master cylinder which I punched everything through. Mounted the arming switch and purge button in the glove box
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...258b49e994.jpg
Lastly to mount the bottle. For this I cut a piece of plywood to the shape of the trunk, added carpet, and mounted the bottle to it so the whole thing is removable and it's not necessary to damage anything in the trunk for a sturdy install.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...7c224862f8.jpg
Make sure to use thread sealer on all connections and check everything for leakes, then it's time for fun. The engine seems to love it. No hiccups and great power. Hard to believe it's only a 75 shot. Haven't taken it to the strip yet but will do that as soon as it cools down a little. Also need to work out the jetting for e85 as I think the two together could make insane power.

Edit: I neglected to mention the tps wire hookup. Thanks to celicasaur I knew which connector to look at (white and black connector on the front of the the intake manifold under the engine cover). The wire you want to tap is the top left (closest to the firewall) wire. It's brown and the largest wire on the bundle I believe.

mr747 07-05-2018 10:46 PM

Nice job man take some footage when you blast the *****

iShootYou 07-06-2018 12:10 AM

I would love to see some track times!

Also with you running the e85 are you not worried about running out of fuel? E85 does use more fuel than 93 and tapping into the fuel system to run NOS would be pushing it. I may be mistaken, I was just under that impression.

Doc Oc 07-06-2018 09:11 AM

Yeah I actually am a little worried if the fuel pump can keep up. From everything I read here the pump is good for 700 rw, but that's on 93. Will definitely be sorting it out on the Dyno before getting too crazy. May also go with a safety cell in the trunk to eliminate those concerns.

Celicasaur 07-06-2018 09:23 AM

Nice work Doc :y

Man.....a purge line has got to be the best part about having a nitrous system. It can add another 100hp on the starting line against ricers and scare them off :rolf:

You're running the stock tune, correct? What's your 60-100 with/without nitrous (in seconds)?

Doc Oc 07-06-2018 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Celicasaur (Post 7495689)
Nice work Doc :y

Man.....a purge line has got to be the best part about having a nitrous system. It can add another 100hp on the starting line against ricers and scare them off :rolf:

You're running the stock tune, correct? What's your 60-100 with/without nitrous (in seconds)?

Lol, why else get a purge valve? They gotta know I've got the powaaa!

Running v7. Jerry said it'd be fine if we stepped up one size for the fuel jet. It seems a little rich to me though with that pill, so I may make a change depending what the next dyno tells me.

No idea on 60-100, I've sprayed less than a half bottle so far, but I'll def report in once I have had a chance to play with it.

Doc Oc 07-06-2018 10:31 AM

Just realized that unless you've got "display full site" selected (when viewing on a cell) most of the pictures don't show. Strange.

steel63 07-06-2018 11:45 AM

this is great, i just purchased this kit last week. been reading about it and how to install so thanks lol, looks like we have the same set up fbo e85 and nitrous , i plan on doing a 125 shot. but i think i may follow your foot steps lol

Celicasaur 07-06-2018 11:50 AM

V7 eh.... what's your timing up top? I'm guessing 28-30?

Nice to know that nitrous can be used on an aggressively tuned M156.

Doc Oc 07-06-2018 12:20 PM

Actually 25.5 is the highest it's hit, but I haven't had a chance to monitor the timing in weather cooler than 90 so I'm sure some is being pulled. I recently made a couple dyno pulls on a 65% blend but forgot to log the data like an idiot and haven't had a chance to fill up with FF again, but I'm expecting to see timing closer to your numbers once I get a tank full.....or once it cools back down.

Doc Oc 07-06-2018 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by steel63 (Post 7495801)
this is great, i just purchased this kit last week. been reading about it and how to install so thanks lol, looks like we have the same set up fbo e85 and nitrous , i plan on doing a 125 shot. but i think i may follow your foot steps lol

Nice! I'm starting with a 75 shot and will see how things go.

Sakebomb 07-06-2018 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Oc (Post 7495826)
Nice! I'm starting with a 75 shot and will see how things go.

Awesome post! What size injectors are you running?

Doc Oc 07-06-2018 10:09 PM

Thanks! Running 550 cc injectors

mr747 07-08-2018 06:23 PM

You guys will be fine just remember every 25hp shot requires 1 degree timing drop from tune stock fuel system is good for 700whp 550cc injectors will be plenty for E85

G_Money 12-21-2018 07:40 AM

So how is this set up working out for you, OP? Not enough info on nitrous M156 online!

Doc Oc 12-21-2018 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by G_Money (Post 7635492)
So how is this set up working out for you, OP? Not enough info on nitrous M156 online!

It worked great. I only got a chance to use it once at the strip and picked up 6/10 and 6 mph. Didn't spray in first so I was happy with the results. Didn't get a chance to use it long as I ended up buying a TTRS and letting the wife take the c63. Took most of the mods off it and sold the nos kit to my nephew. Installed it on his SS last weekend. It was fun while it lasted though!

Doc Oc 12-21-2018 12:05 PM

BTW if anyone decides to do this, I've got the old y pipe in my garage with the nozzle hole in it. Will send it to anyone who wants it if they cover shipping. Keep your original pipe for when you sell the car.

Crya 12-21-2018 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Oc (Post 7635685)
It worked great. I only got a chance to use it once at the strip and picked up 6/10 and 6 mph. Didn't spray in first so I was happy with the results. Didn't get a chance to use it long as I ended up buying a TTRS and letting the wife take the c63. Took most of the mods off it and sold the nos kit to my nephew. Installed it on his SS last weekend. It was fun while it lasted though!

Ooooh TTRS. Nice pick. 5 snarling cylinders of turbonium. I've always loved the second gen TT, even leased one for a while years ago. Fun little car with a 2.0T, can't even imagine what the RS is like!! PICS!!

Doc Oc 12-21-2018 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Crya (Post 7635695)
Ooooh TTRS. Nice pick. 5 snarling cylinders of turbonium. I've always loved the second gen TT, even leased one for a while years ago. Fun little car with a 2.0T, can't even imagine what the RS is like!! PICS!!

Lol thanks. To make it even better, the previous owner swapped in a much larger t4 turbo, full exhaust, tune, big brake kit etc. Got it for a steal as everyone was scared to buy such a modded car:) 450 awhp, 3200 lbs and a proper 6 spd equals tons of fun:) I'll post some more pics soon
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8f2931e60.jpeg

xela 01-22-2019 09:22 AM

I’ll take that old y pipe if you still have it.

Originally Posted by Doc Oc (Post 7635691)
BTW if anyone decides to do this, I've got the old y pipe in my garage with the nozzle hole in it. Will send it to anyone who wants it if they cover shipping. Keep your original pipe for when you sell the car.

ill take that y pipe if you still have it. I’ve been thinking about a nitrous setup for the 507 for a while now. Glad to see some other people are actually doing it.

Doc Oc 01-25-2019 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by xela (Post 7660695)

ill take that y pipe if you still have it. I’ve been thinking about a nitrous setup for the 507 for a while now. Glad to see some other people are actually doing it.

Ok pm me your info I'll check shipping

xela 02-01-2019 01:28 AM

Doc

sent you a follow up PM about picking the y pipe up from you this weekend in person. hope we can make it work out. thanks in advance!!

sunnys14 03-04-2019 01:51 AM

Which size fuel pill did you end up running?
I am currently running a very similar setup to yours, minus the PLM headers.

Doc Oc 03-04-2019 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by sunnys14 (Post 7696523)
Which size fuel pill did you end up running?
I am currently running a very similar setup to yours, minus the PLM headers.

Honestly can't remember the # of the pill, but it was what zex recommended for a hundred shot. Jerry had said I may need to jet up one size to acct for the tune but it was plenty rich with no issues at the recommended (by zex) jetting.

Edgar Sandoval 04-24-2019 09:12 PM

I’m looking to do this set up do you still have that y pipe?

Originally Posted by Doc Oc (Post 7635691)