MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   HELP!! Starting/Electrical Issues (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/713250-help-starting-electrical-issues.html)

synack21 07-08-2018 10:40 PM

HELP!! Starting/Electrical Issues

I have started to have electrical issues/starting issues. Let me begin where it started. So one day I was driving with my A/C on then all of a sudden I noticed my A/C would start to blow less with it set on max. I have an OBD2 Bluetooth with the Torque app and noticed when I would rev the motor slightly the voltage would drop down to around 11 then shoot back up to around 14-15. At the same time, my A/C blowing would fluctuate. Then about a week later the battery light with the red screen popped up on the dash. (During this time I had been monitoring my voltage and it always stays right around 15 besides the fluctuating when the motor is slightly reved.) Well, the A/C losing blowing power continued and a couple times the radio turned off. A couple others times when I turned off my car the whole car would lose power. No lights on dash, no lights anywhere, no power locks...NO POWER AT ALL. I decided to take my car to Autozone to check the battery and the alternator and they told me their device pointed to the alternator. So I ordered a voltage regulator to start there. I just got done replacing the voltage regulator. I let the car run for about 15-20 minutes. I turned it off and the same thing happens again...lost all power dash completely off, the car won't start and cant lock the doors. I am in desperate need for some help or to be pointed in the right direction. Granted I just purchased this car about 2months ago so this is really frustrating. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. THANK ALL OF YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!!! :)

m a x i m u s 07-08-2018 11:32 PM

Sounds like you need a new alternator.

synack21 07-09-2018 03:01 PM

I forgot to also add that also sometimes I can get the car started with no issue, then if I park turn off the car, try starting it right away it will start. I can repeat this a couple times but on the 3rd or 4th time when turning it off I will lose all power again no power whatsoever...car will be completely dead. Sometime I can wait 30mins and it will start and other times have to wait over night and next morning it will start. Its acting almost like if there is a lose ground connection. I just dont understand how it can start fine a few times in a row then all of a sudden lose all power. I had an extra battery a Optima yellow top I tried starting it with that one of the times it lost all power and that did not do anything. The car stayed completely dead...no power of any kind.

I tested the batter with a multimeter and I get 12.32volts with the car off then I tested with car on and it shows 11.85. Some people told me its the alternator, but if it were the alternator wouldnt my battery eventually drain cause its not being charged? But that is not the case. My battery always has 12.3 volts.

Please someone help!!

synack21 07-11-2018 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s (Post 7497412)
Sounds like you need a new alternator.

So I dropped my car off with the dealership I bought the car from. They tested the battery and they initially thought bad alternator because it was putting out low voltage at the battery. They then tested it at the alternator and it showed the normal voltage that it should be putting out, so they told me the problem lies somewhere between the battery and the alternator. Either a loose wire or something with the ground. Has anyone else ever seen this issue? Could it possibly be the black ground wire that goes to the battery with the sensor on it? I am in desperate need of some help here if anyone at can be of assistance. Thanks