C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Cheap exhausts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 06:46 PM
MGa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C240 4Matic Sedan, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe.
Cheap exhausts

Hello everyone,

I’m looking to make my exhaust sound a bit better and louder but I don’t have the thousands of dollars to spend on name brand pipes. I want to keep my cats but everything else doesn’t matter too much to me, I just want the best tone. Which mufflers/resonators should I remove for the best sound?
Old 09-02-2018, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 465 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Do a search for Mikes Power pipe, the single best exhaust mod if you just want the same AMG sound but want to turn it up 25 or 30% is mikes power pipe (straight or H pipe - straight is a little louder). It is a secondary cat delete pipe, all stainless - pretty easy to install (basically remove 3 clamps and cut one pipe and then just clamp it in - he provides a clamp to work with the cut pipe, rest use factory clamps.

Lots of vids on here, but easies explanation is sounds the same, 25 or 30% louder, especially when revved and is 100% reversible if you needed and won't mess with your OBD2 scans etc as secondary cat is not monitored.

Edit - here is Mikes thread https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...pes-stock.html
Old 09-02-2018, 08:23 PM

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts
2014 C63 Coupe
^ This
Old 09-03-2018, 01:31 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 p31 coupe, Clk550 cab, M3 coupe, LS430, 750LI
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
Lots of vids on here, but easies explanation is sounds the same, 25 or 30% louder, especially when revved and is 100% reversible if you needed and won't mess with your OBD2 scans etc as secondary cat is not monitored.
Unless he lives in Comifornia. They visually check if they think its loud. But I guess he can remove H-pipe then re-install afterwards, so still the best option I suppose.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
Do a search for Mikes Power pipe, the single best exhaust mod if you just want the same AMG sound but want to turn it up 25 or 30% is mikes power pipe (straight or H pipe - straight is a little louder). It is a secondary cat delete pipe, all stainless - pretty easy to install (basically remove 3 clamps and cut one pipe and then just clamp it in - he provides a clamp to work with the cut pipe, rest use factory clamps.

Edit - here is Mikes thread https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...pes-stock.html
All I really want to do with my exhaust is to make it louder but still keep the AMG sound and not make it sound like a loud mess... Mikes Power pipes sounds exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone know if hes ever shipped to Canada Toronto? and how much that would cost?
Old 09-03-2018, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by DARRYL D
All I really want to do with my exhaust is to make it louder but still keep the AMG sound and not make it sound like a loud mess... Mikes Power pipes sounds exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone know if hes ever shipped to Canada Toronto? and how much that would cost?
You will likely need to add ~ 60% to cover shipping, US exchange and sales tax. I am sure Mike has shipped a lot of product to Canada. There may be new Canadian duties as well with the changing importation rules from the US. Under previous rules most auto parts made in the US entered Canada duty free but that may no longer be the case. You will need to confirm that with Canada Customs and Excise to be sure.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:01 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
-
Your local muffler shop can do the job as well, just go to a decent place with experience. I had my secondary cats removed last year and the guys replaced it with straight pipes. The welding was so good that other shops have been so surprised and thought it was OEM, lol. I'm going to have my resonator removed and replaced with H-pipe later this month. Can't wait to see how it's going to sound like!

Oh yeah, the secondary cat delete was like 200 dollars and the resonator delete will cost the same. So for 400 bucks, you can have your own "custom" exhaust. No need to go aftermarket and spend thousands.