MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   PSA Quickjack 5000 (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/729380-psa-quickjack-5000-a.html)

gmore 12-06-2018 06:51 AM

PSA Quickjack 5000

Costco has them on sale right now for $999+tx shipped. Discover and Chase Freedom showing 5% CB at wholesale clubs

https://www.costco.com/QuickJack-5,0...100460313.html

I finally pulled the trigger and figure someone else here might be interested.

SuckaGDog 12-06-2018 07:52 AM

Nice find! Just fyi, if anyone needs a referral for the Chase Freedom, let me know! They will also overnight you the card for free if requested. (They do not provide instant card numbers like Amex).

chrisridebike8 12-06-2018 09:43 AM

Good find!

quaalude 12-06-2018 10:14 AM

Make sure you buy the extended version. The standard version is a little too short. I have the extended version and the rubber blocks gets placed pretty far out on the jack for the C63.

quaalude 12-06-2018 10:17 AM

Also, you can buy using PayPal credit and get 6 months interest free payments as long as you pay it off before then. That's how I bought my Quickjack.

gmore 12-06-2018 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by quaalude (Post 7622475)
Make sure you buy the extended version. The standard version is a little too short. I have the extended version and the rubber blocks gets placed pretty far out on the jack for the C63.

Hmmm. It is the SLX=70". I measured about 68"(max I think) end to end on the mounts(correct me if I'm wrong). It'll work for my other cars and I imagine the EXT would be easier, but hope this SLX will work on the C63 as well?

BalanBro 12-06-2018 10:58 AM

I've had the 5000SLX model for about 2 years now. I have used it for my C63 about 3 times so far. It is just a little bit short, as it won't quite cover the entire front and rear jack point. When centered, it'll get about 2/3rds coverage on each jack point, which was enough for me to be comfortable with stability when lifting. I bias the coverage a little more to the front since the car is so front heavy anyway. The extended models will definitely cover a bit better, but the trade-off is that it might be too long for short wheelbase cars (like my 370z). Since I plan to always have a small sports car of some sort to tinker with at home, the shorter length was an important factor for me.

m a x i m u s 12-06-2018 02:43 PM

That thing is dope, I had no idea something like this existed (of course, I never searched either). Thanks for sharing.

95gsrturbo 12-06-2018 11:12 PM

I don't see an extended range option on sale

Any help? Am I missing something?

I think Costco is only offering the standard for the discounted price

However, on the quickjack website you can buy an extender for $195 and it's STILL cheaper than the 5000EXT

skratch77 12-07-2018 10:36 AM

What do you guys think about the kwik lift?

chrisridebike8 12-07-2018 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7623313)

https://youtu.be/DzvuLFoNEtk

that’s interesting. I would prefer the quick jack though since I could take the wheels off. And being sort of portable is a plus too.

BalanBro 12-07-2018 12:57 PM

Yea, that kwik-lift ramp is a bit of a monstrosity for a home garage. It does give you more lift height for sure, but wouldn't be much help for anything involving taking the wheels off like brakes or suspension. Plus you'll still need to muscle it up with a floor jack as well.

I think the beauty of the QuickJack is the form factor. While it is portable, it collapses down to only 3" height, so I don't even put mine away. I just push the two frames together and park my C63 right over it. Basically, I lose zero floor space.

Crya 12-07-2018 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by BalanBro (Post 7623448)
Yea, that kwik-lift ramp is a bit of a monstrosity for a home garage. It does give you more lift height for sure, but wouldn't be much help for anything involving taking the wheels off like brakes or suspension. Plus you'll still need to muscle it up with a floor jack as well.

I think the beauty of the QuickJack is the form factor. While it is portable, it collapses down to only 3" height, so I don't even put mine away. I just push the two frames together and park my C63 right over it. Basically, I lose zero floor space.

And I would definitely not be excited to stand directly in front of my car pointed down a ramp at me while I operate the jack, even when in Park, and the brake engaged. Still looks sketchy AF, as the kids say these days.

95gsrturbo 12-08-2018 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7623313)

That's good
Until you want to do suspension work.

The quickjack is better bc it lifts from the chassis, not the wheels

gmore 12-10-2018 04:30 PM

Christmas came early!
Checked Costco tracking this morning (ordered last Monday) and they showed 1 box out for delivery and 2 shipping out today? Was pleasantly surprised when all 3 showed up via UPS.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a3a06411da.jpg
right and left

BalanBro 12-14-2018 09:29 AM

Today only:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Quick-Ja...110v/307393222

$100 more than the Costco deal, but a good option for those who aren't members. Keep in mind that these HD deals are 1-day only, so if you want one, grab it now.

BLKROKT 12-14-2018 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by BalanBro (Post 7629505)
Today only:

$100 more than the Costco deal, but a good option for those who aren't members. Keep in mind that these HD deals are 1-day only, so if you want one, grab it now.

Nice one, thanks! Ordering now. I don't need an air compressor or anything, this is totally turnkey right?

chrisridebike8 12-14-2018 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7629667)
Nice one, thanks! Ordering now. I don't need an air compressor or anything, this is totally turnkey right?

yup. It just needs power. It has its own hydraulic pump with quick disconnect lines. I think it even runs on either AC or DC power

BalanBro 12-14-2018 01:21 PM

No air compressor needed, but you do need an inflator of some sort just during initial setup (manual pump or electric). Besides that, all you have to supply is ATF fluid. It comes with all the fittings, hydraulic hoses and the pump assembly. You do have to assemble the hoses with the fittings using teflon tape, but I believe the tape was included. There are small air cylinders on each frame that need to be inflated to I think 50 psi, but that's basically a one time deal through a schrader valve. I did it with a simple 12V tire inflator. Then you have to connect hoses, add fluid and prime it several times to bleed the air out, and you should be good to go.

gmore 12-14-2018 01:22 PM

Just an update - my air cylinder valves were leaking (only knew about 1 1st - long story) and during the hydraulic set-up - only one bled correctly and is working properly. Put a call into Bendpak 2 days ago and have a service ticket, but haven't heard back yet. Have posted in another forum as well and seems to be a somewhat common problem ranging from air valve stem loose (check 1st before filling), to a bad valve or hydraulic cylinder.
All of these issues were fixed for others and I'm confident mine will be as well, but I'm guessing the recent promotions has the service dept backed up. Will try again later today and post if anything changes.

gmore 12-14-2018 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by BalanBro (Post 7629715)
No air compressor needed, but you do need an inflator of some sort just during initial setup (manual pump or electric). Besides that, all you have to supply is ATF fluid. It comes with all the fittings, hydraulic hoses and the pump assembly. You do have to assemble the hoses with the fittings using teflon tape, but I believe the tape was included. There are small air cylinders on each frame that need to be inflated to I think 50 psi, but that's basically a one time deal through a schrader valve. I did it with a simple 12V tire inflator. Then you have to connect hoses, add fluid and prime it several times to bleed the air out, and you should be good to go.

Will add - use a regulated compressor at 50psi max - the cylinders fill up in a second.
Video better than the manual with a few tips...

Chrisk03 12-14-2018 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by BalanBro (Post 7629505)
Today only:

Wow, nice. I've been looking at this for awhile now. Only small downside is I'll have to get the extension for $195, so it works for my GLC. Thanks!

BalanBro 12-14-2018 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisk03 (Post 7629759)
Wow, nice. I've been looking at this for awhile now. Only small downside is I'll have to get the extension for $195, so it works for my GLC. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, how far apart are the jack points for the GLC43? I'm planning to pick one up next year for the wife (with some convincing from me, lol)

Chrisk03 12-14-2018 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by BalanBro (Post 7629795)
Out of curiosity, how far apart are the jack points for the GLC43? I'm planning to pick one up next year for the wife (with some convincing from me, lol)

The lifting point max spread is 60" for the QuickJack and it looks like the jack points on the GLC are about 61" from what I can measure. I'll try it out first before getting the extension, but think it's going to be a tad short.

gOt BoOsT 12-16-2018 12:22 AM

Just watched a few vids on them and they look pretty cool. I saw a 5k lb rated version loft over 20k lbs!!

**I found the company offering a $150 discount on any model until the end of the year** It’s on their website so idk if they charge shipping and Costco is cheaper or if they offer free shipping. Either way, check it out!

***Promo code: HOLIDAY150