MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   New amg owner - supercharger questions (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/730619-new-amg-owner-supercharger-questions.html)

C63sam 12-18-2018 07:37 PM

New amg owner - supercharger questions

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e39072020.jpeg
hey guys just picked up a 2013 C63 Sedan and was in the market for supercharger and headers before i purchase new.

if i do decide to go new what would be my best option Weistec stage 2, or the Magnuson Hammer?

thank you,

AMGonFire 12-18-2018 10:06 PM

Congrats on the car. Go with ess. I heard magnossen is getting rid of their kits and you can pick them up for cheap. They are good too. I like ess personally you essentially get the stage 3 blower for stage 2 pricing.

C63sam 12-19-2018 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by AMGonFire (Post 7633569)
Congrats on the car. Go with ess. I heard magnossen is getting rid of their kits and you can pick them up for cheap. They are good too. I like ess personally you essentially get the stage 3 blower for stage 2 pricing.

thank you I will defiantly be considering that as an option as well.

mr747 12-19-2018 03:43 AM

all the fastest cars run weistec

just saying

AMGonFire 12-19-2018 07:46 AM

If you run the stage 3 kit then yes. However if you don’t want to build the trans or the motor for the very high levels of power the stage 3 weistec kit can put out that’s not true. Both ess and magnusen are putting out higher numbers stage 1 and stage 2 comparisons. The ess kit is essentially the same blower in the stage 3 weistec with 8 pounds of boost. They are making more power at that stage two boost level compared to stage 2 weistec for the same price. Just saying.

C63sam 12-19-2018 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by mr747 (Post 7633696)
all the fastest cars run weistec

just saying

thats what I’ve been seeing, thank you for the input

C63sam 12-19-2018 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by AMGonFire (Post 7633749)
If you run the stage 3 kit then yes. However if you don’t want to build the trans or the motor for the very high levels of power the stage 3 weistec kit can put out that’s not true. Both ess and magnusen are putting out higher numbers stage 1 and stage 2 comparisons. The ess kit is essentially the same blower in the stage 3 weistec with 8 pounds of boost. They are making more power at that stage two boost level compared to stage 2 weistec for the same price. Just saying.

i will eventually build the trans, I defiantly have noticed that the magnuson and ess are making same power if not more then the stage 1 & 2 Weistec units. Ess seems the way to go if I wanna go for more power eventually.

i appreciate your input thank you.

mr747 12-19-2018 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by AMGonFire (Post 7633749)

I have run a 10.5 at 133mph on stage 2 blower i have not seen a magnuson or Ess run a time like that yet
There is a guy from another state that has gone 138mph and 10.1 on stage 2 so your theory is not true

mr747 12-19-2018 09:10 PM

I broke my trans running flat 11s running any sort of blower a trans is required some last longer then others

AMGonFire 12-19-2018 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by mr747 (Post 7634372)
I have run a 10.5 at 133mph on stage 2 blower i have not seen a magnuson or Ess run a time like that yet
There is a guy from another state that has gone 138mph and 10.1 on stage 2 so your theory is not true

i want to see that. 10.1 at 138 for stage two. He must have an insane diet on that car to run that. Regardless of what your saying facts are facts. The fact is ess is running the exact same size blower as in the stage 3 weistec kit. The stage two weistec is a smaller blower at the same psi of 8 of the ess kit. Sooooo how do you think it’s better for the same money? From all the dynos I’ve seen the ess kit has had higher dyno readings compared to the weistec kit stage two or under. I think weistec is great but for 9900 I’m going ess for a stage two kit. I’m glad your happy with your kit. Also the trans thing agreed it will wear quicker however the FL trans can handle the power fine for thousands of miles from what iv seen.

mr747 12-19-2018 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by AMGonFire (Post 7634412)

i want to see that. 10.1 at 138 for stage two. He must have an insane diet on that car to run that. Regardless of what your saying facts are facts. The fact is ess is running the exact same size blower as in the stage 3 weistec kit. The stage two weistec is a smaller blower at the same psi of 8 of the ess kit. Sooooo how do you think it’s better for the same money? From all the dynos I’ve seen the ess kit has had higher dyno readings compared to the weistec kit stage two or under. I think weistec is great but for 9900 I’m going ess for a stage two kit. I’m glad your happy with your kit. Also the trans thing agreed it will wear quicker however the FL trans can handle the power fine for thousands of miles from what iv seen.

The car in mention is a CLK BLK with ported heads and straight ms109
Here is the dyno sheet

Its very impressive
https://scontent.fmel7-1.fna.fbcdn.n...7d&oe=5CA9B5EE

But i do agree id rather ess kit over weistec stage 2 its a no brainer really i was just stating that im yet to see a ESS run 10.5 :0

Big Jimbo 12-20-2018 11:23 AM

As mentioned above the answer depends on what you want to do with the car and how much you want to spend. One end of the spectrum is 99% street driving and the other end is 99% racing and on the dyno. I am on the 99% street driving end and installed the ESS unit with the low boost pulley and tune for 91 octane fuel. The rest of the car is bone stock and it has over 550 wheel HP and runs perfectly and passed emissions. This single modification is probably the most cost effective way to gain over 150 HP with no other hassles and still have super car type performance. On the other end of the spectrum the modifications and costs are limited only by your imagination. But that is what makes racing so exciting!