My engine blew up... and Coilover HELPPP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 07:13 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by alenpepic
Or if your injector is not giving you the equedate amount of fuel you can even experience a lean out. I’m not experienced with lean outs because of injectors, m113k we have leanouts usually from fuel pumps. Another thing to check is your fuel pumps because c63’s have been reporting issues about them with high miles in particular w204.

Jerry went on the Oe tuning route and just advanced the timing a lot for v7. If you don’t have enough fuel with that kind of advances timing it will be a nightmare. Story short everyone should be datalogging and monitoring afr’s. Good luck I hope my advice will help you in the future.

OE Tuning did not tune this car.....
To correct what you are implying by your statement:
Jerry and Eurocharged offer V7 M156 tuning, completely different people and company.
The product you are referring to is not a product from OE Tuning.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:11 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CL55 (sold) C63 Coupe 2012 p31(sold) Audi 330awhp E55 511WHP(sold)Z06C6 550whp C63 LTH
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING

OE Tuning did not tune this car.....
To correct what you are implying by your statement:
Jerry and Eurocharged offer V7 M156 tuning, completely different people and company.
The product you are referring to is not a product from OE Tuning.

no im implying what I implied lol. I’m saying Jerry went on your route and advanced the timing. From his v5 to v7. Your tune since day one has been more aggressive then his. It’s nothing against your tune, it’s just that a lot of these owners don’t datalog and then when the afr’s aren’t up to the standard of the tune, the issue becomes a big deal. Whole point of my arguement was more m156 guys should be monitoring afr’s. It’s like a dying art of this platform.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450

no im implying what I implied lol. I’m saying Jerry went on your route and advanced the timing. From his v5 to v7. Your tune since day one has been more aggressive then his. It’s nothing against your tune, it’s just that a lot of these owners don’t datalog and then when the afr’s aren’t up to the standard of the tune, the issue becomes a big deal. Whole point of my arguement was more m156 guys should be monitoring afr’s. It’s like a dying art of this platform.
im noticing a trend. Anyway. The op car did not blow up because of timing buddy. He had a stuck open injector that hydrolocked it. Look it up. Issue with earlier versions of the injectors. Could he have seen it with an afr gauge reading rich. Yeah maybe. Bad primary o2s do the same thing causing rich condition as well as if you have an ignition issue that causes a rich condition as well. It would not have told him hey stuck injector. It would have told him an issue was occurring but I’m sure he knew that without the gauge.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:32 PM

2005 CL55 (sold) C63 Coupe 2012 p31(sold) Audi 330awhp E55 511WHP(sold)Z06C6 550whp C63 LTH
Originally Posted by AMGonFire

im noticing a trend. Anyway. The op car did not blow up because of timing buddy. He had a stuck open injector that hydrolocked it. Look it up. Issue with earlier versions of the injectors. Could he have seen it with an afr gauge reading rich. Yeah maybe. Bad primary o2s do the same thing causing rich condition as well as if you have an ignition issue that causes a rich condition as well. It would not have told him hey stuck injector. It would have told him an issue was occurring but I’m sure he knew that without the gauge.

there is no trend these are facts. If he had a afr guage on it he would’ve easily saw very low afr’s for a car that supports very high afr’s since it’s a high compression motor. Hope off man your mad annoying, your logic is so off it’s not even funny. I’ve owned a c63 4 years ago and first thing I did was install a zeintronix. I just don’t know how u guys tune and run FBO setups and not datalog for AFR’s. He would’ve saw and CAUght THE LOW AFR’s AND NOT DRIVE THE CAR..... ur the kind of guy who looks at the car and goes yeah it’s running rich but have no guage on it.... you cannot trust ur judgement without a guage that’s the biggest mistake anyone can make. You never butt dyno or visual inspect for high or low afr’s, YOU RELY ON PROPER DATA FROM LOGS AND gauges. So this could’ve all been avoided. It takes one second to check ur afr’s to see ur running pig rich. Trying to rely on a amg ecu is about the stupidest thing I’ve heard. Mustang 5.0’s give u afr’s and amg still hasn’t figured it out. But someone like u needs to really find something better to do because ur advice is gonna have this guy blowing up another motor. EVERYTHING CAN BECOME FAULTY.... fuel pumps injectors EVERYTHING.... U NEED A AFR GUAGE END OF STORY... when a tuner hears ur running on afr guage on a car that doesn’t have parameters to view afr via dashboard, he knows ur looking out for ur motor.

Last edited by alenpepic; 01-13-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Omg if you knew anything about these cars you would know when the injector goes stuck open it miss fires. You don’t need a gauge to tell you there is a problem when the car is misfiring. Is a gauge helpfull sure. To tell you it’s rich. Wow thanks I can see there is an issue from it misfiring. It does not tell you the root problem. If your car is misfiring you don’t need a gauge to tell you not to drive it. Not rocket science buddy. Running the gauge certainly is a good idea but really only matters when the car runs lean. Heavy Rich conditions on this car from injectors, o2 sensors, faulty ignition ect ect cause misfires. I spoke up because you are trying to say the op’s motor failure was somehow due to timing advance. Not the case. Why oe tunning stepped in as well.

Last edited by AMGonFire; 01-13-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:04 PM

Omg if you knew anything about these cars you would know when the injector goes stuck open it miss fires. You don’t need a gauge to tell you there is a problem when the car is misfiring. Is a gauge helpfull sure. To tell you it’s rich. Wow thanks I can see there is an issue from it misfiring. It does not tell you the root problem. If your car is misfiring you don’t need a gauge to tell you not to drive it. Not rocket science buddy. Running the gauge certainly is a good idea but really only matters when the car runs lean. Heavy Rich conditions on this car from injectors, o2 sensors, faulty ignition ect ect cause misfires. I spoke up because you are trying to say the op’s motor failure was somehow due to timing advance. Not the case. Why oe tunning stepped in as well.
no ur wrong... oe stepped in Bc he thought I was referring to Jerry as working for oe but he miss read what I wrote. I said Jerry is basically advancing more timing like oe did but on his v7 map. It wasn’t to call out anyone it’s just jeremey tune was always known to be more aggressive then others.

Your also wrong about my claims.... I started off with the injector being a possiability and explained how having a afr guage was a good idea. Then later on I went on about tunes not having adequate fueling. If a tuner aims the tune for 12.4 and ur running rich 9.5 then we got a big problem. Or other side of things if he targets 12.4 and u run 13.9.

I never put down any claims, I just added to the necessity of having a guage.

Your also wrong about the ecu catching a rich conditon. My car was running 9.5 afr up top and I never got a cel..when I had a issue with pumps got a 13.9 never got a cel. things don’t work out like you make it seem. It won’t always misfire if u have a rich condition. Also he could’ve had a rich conditon for a long time and then finally the motor gave out. Problem is not datalogging, so anything the owner says is gonna be guesses. If he datalogged he would’ve been able to say it’s been running this rich for this long because I have logs to prove it. If the car misfired Bc of a rich conditon it would’ve been there as a safety for the motor, look where his motor is now ........ moral of the story is, afr guage would’ve saw it. Also there’s a reason why we have fail safes’s from aem

Last edited by alenpepic; 01-13-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

no ur wrong... oe stepped in Bc he thought I was referring to Jerry as working for oe but he miss read what I wrote. I said Jerry is basically advancing more timing like oe did but on his v7 map. It wasn’t to call out anyone it’s just jeremey tune was always known to be more aggressive then others.

Your also wrong about my claims.... I started off with the injector being a possiability and explained how having a afr guage was a good idea. Then later on I went on about tunes not having adequate fueling. If a tuner aims the tune for 12.4 and ur running rich 9.5 then we got a big problem. Or other side of things if he targets 12.4 and u run 13.9.

I never put down any claims, I just added to the necessity of having a guage.

Your also wrong about the ecu catching a rich conditon. My car was running 9.5 afr up top and I never got a cel..when I had a issue with pumps got a 13.9 never got a cel. things don’t work out like you make it seem. It won’t always misfire if u have a rich condition. Also he could’ve had a rich conditon for a long time and then finally the motor gave out. Problem is not datalogging, so anything the owner says is gonna be guesses. If he datalogged he would’ve been able to say it’s been running this rich for this long because I have logs to prove it. If the car misfired Bc of a rich conditon it would’ve been there as a safety for the motor, look where his motor is now ........ moral of the story is, afr guage would’ve saw it. Also there’s a reason why we have fail safes’s from aem

Somehow your an expert on these cars yet you didn’t know that a facelift c63 was not a w205. Yeah ok buddy. Just search on here please fuel injector stuck open failure ect ect. It’s not something that happens over time. It happens now and the injector stops pulsing and stays full open. The car does drive like crap at this point. This guy blew his motor because most likely he drove on it too long like this and bent a rod due to it hydrolocking. End of story.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:06 PM

Somehow your an expert on these cars yet you didn’t know that a facelift c63 was not a w205. Yeah ok buddy. Just search on here please fuel injector stuck open failure ect ect. It’s not something that happens over time. It happens now and the injector stops pulsing and stays full open. The car does drive like crap at this point. This guy blew his motor because most likely he drove on it too long like this and bent a rod due to it hydrolocking. End of story.
well again I’m coming from w211 and all my friends have 204 prelift so I confused them but , afr guage would’ve saved his motor, but ur in your own world where you get stuck on these ideas like they will alter my facts. The fact is he blew his motor Bc of a injector alongside being tuned(stock can blow too Bc of this), alongside not datalogging. You need to monitor afr’s for both rich conditions and lean, so stop acting like we only use them for lean outs. You made comments about the ecu noticing a rich condition in a cylinder bank in which it would trigger a misfire.... why u making owners think that they can rely on that.. ppl like u are why motors blow, u trust the system too much meanwhile it lets people down. The fact is if you depend on your primary 02’s to save ur motor, your playing with Fire. Afr guage alongside a failsafe is the proper way, and for this owner my advice is simple. You blew your motor up already, run a afr setup on both banks, with a fail safe setup on your new one.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:08 PM

and it doesn’t take a expert to know these facts. It’s a system for modding cars, you follow the book you will always get far with no issues. Every car should take these precautions, especially those with minimal viewing in terms of air to fuel.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well again I’m coming from w211 and all my friends have 204 prelift so I confused them but , afr guage would’ve saved his motor, but ur in your own world where you get stuck on these ideas like they will alter my facts. The fact is he blew his motor Bc of a injector alongside being tuned(stock can blow too Bc of this), alongside not datalogging. You need to monitor afr’s for both rich conditions and lean, so stop acting like we only use them for lean outs. You made comments about the ecu noticing a rich condition in a cylinder bank in which it would trigger a misfire.... why u making owners think that they can rely on that.. ppl like u are why motors blow, u trust the system too much meanwhile it lets people down. The fact is if you depend on your primary 02’s to save ur motor, your playing with Fire. Afr guage alongside a failsafe is the proper way, and for this owner my advice is simple. You blew your motor up already, run a afr setup on both banks, with a fail safe setup on your new one.
are you dumb? If a cylinder in a motor gets dumped with fuel it will missfire. It’s not the ecu doing it. It’s the fact there is too much fuel. The fact he is tuned has nothing to do with it. It’s a manufacturer defect of the injector itself. I’m not saying not to datalog your car or monitor. I’m saying in this case none of that would have helped him other then pulling over and towing it. He couldn’t have foreseen it with datalogs is my point. It just happens now.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:01 PM

are you dumb? If a cylinder in a motor gets dumped with fuel it will missfire. It’s not the ecu doing it. It’s the fact there is too much fuel. The fact he is tuned has nothing to do with it. It’s a manufacturer defect of the injector itself. I’m not saying not to datalog your car or monitor. I’m saying in this case none of that would have helped him other then pulling over and towing it. He couldn’t have foreseen it with datalogs is my point. It just happens now.
umm of course it would’ve helped him are u there??? If ur guage all of a sudden reads 9 afr I’m pretty sure u would shut ur car off then wait for AAA...... I’m unable to confirm it but I’m pretty sure a aem failsafe can also be set for a rich condition too just like u can set it for a lean. I think the major problem in this debate is that fact ur not putting as much stress as me on the need for a afr guage in this situation. That’s the main problem here.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:04 PM

the ecu detects the misfire, makes accommodations, ecu is involved with the misfire.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,572 Likes on 925 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
You wouldn't catch a stuck injector in time. By the time you see the AFR reading you already went boom.