MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Partial Service History... What to do immediately? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/731473-partial-service-history-what-do-immediately.html)

zonnie 12-30-2018 02:37 AM

Partial Service History... What to do immediately?

Hi all,

My newly acquired 2011 c63 is missing some service history and I want the car to be up to spec with maintenance. I understand there is a service schedule online but wanted to get your opinion what to service immediately.

Car had 60,000 miles or 100,000 kilometerss

Here's what's been done:

1. Oil change
2. Spark plugs and coils
3. Valve gasket seals
4. Rotors and pads
5. Brand new tires

Should I change out all the fluids? If so what fluids exactly? (I'm new to the c63)

Please list all the items you'd change or service. I'm open to preventative maintenance as well. Thanks!

Catchyname 12-30-2018 03:59 AM

Ive just gone through this and always do all the fluids when buying a second hand car.

in addition to what you did
- brake fluid bled
- trans fluid change
- diff fluid if LSD
-coolant, i know it says 10 or 15 years but i did it anyway
- power steering fluid ch11s

I also bought intake manifold gaskets and PCV to do pre emptively.

zonnie 01-02-2019 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Catchyname (Post 7641518)
Ive just gone through this and always do all the fluids when buying a second hand car.

in addition to what you did
- brake fluid bled
- trans fluid change
- diff fluid if LSD
-coolant, i know it says 10 or 15 years but i did it anyway
- power steering fluid ch11s

I also bought intake manifold gaskets and PCV to do pre emptively.

How can you tell if your car has LSD? if no lsd any other fluids? Differential fluid (front and rear) ? Transfer case?

Catchyname 01-02-2019 03:30 AM

To find out if ypur car has an LSD paste your vin number into an online mercedes vin checker and looks for limited slip differential or locking differential in the options list.

rear wheel drive so no transfer case and no front diff.

zonnie 01-02-2019 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Catchyname (Post 7643521)
To find out if ypur car has an LSD paste your vin number into an online mercedes vin checker and looks for limited slip differential or locking differential in the options list.

rear wheel drive so no transfer case and no front diff.

Looks like I don't have lsd.

Any other fluids like transfer case or anything of that nature?

Catchyname 01-02-2019 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by zonnie (Post 7643522)
Looks like I don't have lsd.

Any other fluids like transfer case or anything of that nature?

Nope just the transmission fluid already mentioned.

Engine oil
Trans fluid
Brake fluid
coolant
diff fluid
power steering fluid

zonnie 01-02-2019 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Catchyname (Post 7643526)

Nope just the transmission fluid already mentioned.

Engine oil
Trans fluid
Brake fluid
coolant
diff fluid
power steering fluid

Just to clarify as you listed diff fluid,

My car not having lsd, so I still have to do a diff fluid change or no?

Catchyname 01-02-2019 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by zonnie (Post 7643528)
Just to clarify as you listed diff fluid,

My car not having lsd, so I still have to do a diff fluid change or no?

in any cars ive owned open diffs fluid has been fine at 100,000km - besides if it does go then its just an excuse to put a Wavetrac diff in.

If you have no intention of upgrading to LSD then change by 150,000km if ypu want it to last past 200,000

Vladds 01-02-2019 05:33 AM

You don't HAVE to do a diff oil change.
But you have to check the level.
As such you should spend the money and acquire the tools that for the drain and fill plugs and the oil to top it up with.
As such, might as well change the fluid and get rid of that mud with shavings that sits at the bottom of the diff.
Also with misc cars, each time I changed the oil, the diff didn't start to sweat and then drip oil.
When I didn't change the oil ... it did happen.

You should start with transmission fluid, your behind on that schedule. And of course the oil filter.

I would hurry up with the air filters too. Some cars people just ignore them.

Other than what was already posted, hurry up with the idlers and while at it change the belt too. The idlers have been seen failing right around the mileage you have.

I did all these, the pcv and intake Gaskets, you can change the injectors and o rings ( there are some good prices for Bosch ones and you avoid the potential problem of stuck injector )

The oxygen sensors might start to be tired by now and there could be benefits in power and gas mileage by replacing them, there are 4.

It's strange that someone decided to change the coils in your car.

See if your car has still the factory battery, especially with low miles it may mean it sat a lot so the battery may be tired and need to be changed at this point.

zonnie 01-10-2019 01:41 PM

Where do you buy the PCV valve and intake manifold gaskets? Whats the going price for those items?

I am in the works with Shardul to buy UPD Billet Pulleys and will order a local serpentine belt at Lordco. Is there anything else I should change while I am doing the UPD Billet Pulleys?

Anything else?

Catchyname 01-10-2019 01:46 PM

Any of the online parts places, i mostly use FCPeuro otherwise

pelican parts
schmiedmann
ecstuning

amongst others.

zonnie 01-10-2019 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Catchyname (Post 7650766)
Any of the online parts places, i mostly use FCPeuro otherwise

pelican parts
schmiedmann
ecstuning

amongst others.

Thanks! I'm going to go one step further and be an annoying pest...

do you have links for purchase or part numbers?

Catchyname 01-10-2019 07:25 PM

Enter your car make model and year on FCPeuro website then the search function is pretty good. Just type pcv or whatever you are after.

Black_Mercedes 01-11-2019 12:13 AM

I would only buy parts on fcpeuro if you plan on keeping ur car

skullbox15 01-12-2019 01:09 AM

Yea the trans service and pulleys I would do immediately. If one of those pulleys goes, it doesn't take long (minutes or seconds) to shear off metal. On my C32, one of mine went out and I ended up needing a water pump as well because it shaved off some metal from the bracket and the pulley would no longer fit flush.

zonnie 01-14-2019 01:19 PM

Thanks. I just put an order through for UPD BILLET PULLEYS. I will order a serpentine belt as well. Is that the belt that I should replace when doing the pulleys? Any other belts or things to do while I am doing Pulleys?

Mort 01-15-2019 12:53 PM

You should consider doing the belt tensioner assembly as well when installing the UPD idler pulleys. Yes, replace the serpentine belt at the same time.

zonnie 01-15-2019 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mort (Post 7654838)
You should consider doing the tension pulley as well when installing the UPD idler pulleys. Yes, replace the serpentine belt at the same time.

Which tension pulley do you use? UPD or OEM? Whats the most cost effective one?

Mort 01-15-2019 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by zonnie (Post 7654839)
Which tension pulley do you use? UPD or OEM? Whats the most cost effective one?

The UPD set comes with a new tensioner pulley. If you can buy the tensioner assembly without a pulley then get that, if not swap the pulley on the new tensioner assembly with the UPD pulley.

zonnie 01-15-2019 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mort (Post 7654871)
The UPD set comes with a new tensioner pulley. If you can buy the tensioner assembly without the pulley then get that, if not swap the pulley for the UPD pulley.

oh okay sorry for the confusion. I just purchased the UPD set 399 that has everything i need right?