MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Eurocharged V7 install Check Engine Light (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/731888-eurocharged-v7-install-check-engine-light.html)

jemnoriega 01-04-2019 02:18 AM

Eurocharged V7 install Check Engine Light

So I know this thread has been posted but looking into a different perspective and opinions.
I have a '14 C63 AMG 507 Coupe. I installed American Racing Headers with 200 cell cats and deleted everything except the stock AMG mufflers for my first set up. I got a CEL at the time and contacted Jerry at Eurocharged for the V7 tune. After I installed the tune, the car ran amazing. No check engine light, improved throttle response and amazing driving dynamics. I contacted Eurocharged again about maybe decatting they said it didn't matter since I had the tune.

So I switched my set up and went cat-less. After about 2k Miles my CEL came back on and its reflecting that the issue was my cats.

Now I'm stuck. I need help guys!!! I don't know what happened. I also live in NV so the Smog isn't as strict as CA but now with my CEL on I'm definitely going to fail.

HELP!

mr747 01-04-2019 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by jemnoriega (Post 7645355)
So I know this thread has been posted but looking into a different perspective and opinions.
I have a '14 C63 AMG 507 Coupe. I installed American Racing Headers with 200 cell cats and deleted everything except the stock AMG mufflers for my first set up. I got a CEL at the time and contacted Jerry at Eurocharged for the V7 tune. After I installed the tune, the car ran amazing. No check engine light, improved throttle response and amazing driving dynamics. I contacted Eurocharged again about maybe decatting they said it didn't matter since I had the tune.

So I switched my set up and went cat-less. After about 2k Miles my CEL came back on and its reflecting that the issue was my cats.

Now I'm stuck. I need help guys!!! I don't know what happened. I also live in NV so the Smog isn't as strict as CA but now with my CEL on I'm definitely going to fail.

HELP!

just contact jerry to sort out

AMGonFire 01-04-2019 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by jemnoriega (Post 7645355)

HELP!

just an FYI you would fail regardless. They turn the monitors off. As soon as they plug in the OBD it would show that. Fail even without the check engine light. But yes to fix it contact Jerry.

jemnoriega 01-04-2019 11:24 AM

How would I pass the OB2 smog check then?

Originally Posted by AMGonFire (Post 7645532)

just an FYI you would fail regardless. They turn the monitors off. As soon as they plug in the OBD it would show that. Fail even without the check engine light. But yes to fix it contact Jerry.

chrisridebike8 01-04-2019 11:26 AM

Did you just ask ARH for a second set of midpipes with cats? I would just swap on the midpipes with cats to pass emissions. But I would still contact Jerry for a file that turns off the CEL with a catless setup so you can switch back and forth. I have the ARH catless setup and a EC tune. I've never (knock on wood) had a CEL for cats.

jemnoriega 01-04-2019 02:33 PM

I got another tune from Eurocharged. So I’m driving to see if my CEL comes back on. So far so good. Once monitors are good I’ll see if I can pass smog without cats. I’ll keep you guys updated.

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 (Post 7645585)
Did you just ask ARH for a second set of midpipes with cats? I would just swap on the midpipes with cats to pass emissions. But I would still contact Jerry for a file that turns off the CEL with a catless setup so you can switch back and forth. I have the ARH catless setup and a EC tune. I've never (knock on wood) had a CEL for cats.

chrisridebike8 01-04-2019 02:48 PM

I'm pretty sure that the monitors will never be set. That's how they get rid of the CEL. They turn the rear O2 sensors off.

Clark Kent 01-04-2019 04:00 PM

I have cat-less ARH headers and Eurocharged V5 also. The way that I pass inspection is to put the stock tune back on and drive at highway speeds for 30+ minutes. At some point all the sensors go green and I have a small window of drive time to get to the inspection place and get 'er done. Do not turn off the engine. If you drive too long after going green it will eventually fail and throw the CEL. And like most of you, I have an OBDII plugin device that wifi connects to an app on the phone so I can watch in real time when the sensors go green. I make passes up and down the freeway never getting too far away from the inspection station.

BalanBro 01-04-2019 05:02 PM

Has anyone tried using 90° O2 extensions on the downstream sensors? That's worked for me on several catless cars in the past, although you could fail visual if they check it with a camera.

jemnoriega 01-04-2019 05:49 PM

I got a revised tune. Seems to be working fine. We will update in a couple of days after the system has settled down

jemnoriega 01-04-2019 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Clark Kent (Post 7645837)
I have cat-less ARH headers and Eurocharged V5 also. The way that I pass inspection is to put the stock tune back on and drive at highway speeds for 30+ minutes. At some point all the sensors go green and I have a small window of drive time to get to the inspection place and get 'er done. Do not turn off the engine. If you drive too long after going green it will eventually fail and throw the CEL. And like most of you, I have an OBDII plugin device that wifi connects to an app on the phone so I can watch in real time when the sensors go green. I make passes up and down the freeway never getting too far away from the inspection station.

What Wi-Fi OB2 sensor did you use and what app

jemnoriega 01-04-2019 06:08 PM

I guess for a care free set up, do I just get the 200 cell cats from ARH then run the tune

Clark Kent 01-05-2019 08:56 AM

The device is the Kobra (ELM 327 Interface) and the app is EOBD-Facile. The device states 'Supports all OBDII protocols', so it appears that it will connect and work with a number of phone apps - not just the one that I selected.

jemnoriega 01-05-2019 03:49 PM

Before I had the straight pipe set up, I had the 200 cell cats. No CEL popped up until MY dumbass exchanged it for the non catted mid pipes. Im pretty sure, I would have passed the OBD2 test with all my monitors enabled with the EC tune. what do you guys think?

skratch77 01-05-2019 04:24 PM

You can pass monitors without cats by using o2 mini bungs off eBay. You just can't use any wire extensions.

I've done this on my car and the car that bought my headers.

BalanBro 01-08-2019 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by skratch77 (Post 7646597)
You can pass monitors without cats by using o2 mini bungs off eBay. You just can't use any wire extensions.

I've done this on my car and the car that bought my headers.

This was my thought as well. Although I haven't done this on my C63, I've used these on catless setups before, and never had an issue with OBD2 readiness.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/O2-Oxygen-S...frcectupt=true

One car was a turboed N/A car running pig rich (10 AFR) and still had no issues with inspection. I understand that the ECU on the C63 seems to be much more complex, but it's worth a shot for the low cost.

jemnoriega 01-08-2019 02:55 PM

I bought a obd Wi-Fi scanner so I can see in real time when my monitors are complete. Jerry told me that he shut off them off so I won’t pop a light. Solomon at eurocharged Houston suggested I turn the car to stock run until my monitors are good the. Immediately take it to smog shop.

Also I spoke with nick at ARH and highly recommended instead of getting their 200 cell call. Was to purchased through him as well the same elbow but with a GESI cat. For around $850. He said all in value they are superior and will last longer and have higher power thresholds and cleaner emissions. *i do agree, running straight pipe sometimes I can smell some gas in my interior.