Sponsored by:

Please help with new engine noise!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2024, 01:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 C63 507 polar white sedan, 2014 300GLK
Please help with new engine noise!!!!!

I would be most grateful for your help. About one year and 3,500 miles ago I finished my upgrade project consisting in changing cams, adjusters and lifters using new upgraded parts from C63 Motorsports. All work was done strictly following and triple checking work instructions from C63 Motorsports website, Tasos videos and Factory workshop manual. Work was performed in my garage, under my view and care and by a MB Certified master mechanic who has worked on my MB’s for the past 20 years. All adjusters noise is now gone. No noise on cold starts at all; however after about 200 kms after first start with the new components, I started hearing a new noise that sounds very much like worn pin adjusters, but does not come from the adjusters. At first I began to notice this new noise appeared once the car was at operating temperature (90C+), when I shut the engine and restarted after at least 10 minutes. As I continued using the car over time, now the noise is much more noticeable and heard practically continuously when engine is running, but only once the engine is hot. Noise is heard exactly on the rear center of the engine. Videos enclosed. I am finally concerned and frustrated enough to ask for your knowledge and experience in identifying and solving the problem. I have not found a way to upload/attach a sideo with sound ilustrating the noise I refer to. Any help in teaching me how would be greatly appreciated. The enclosed pisc

shows where the noise is comming from. Thank you in advance for your help!! Best.

Old 09-23-2024, 04:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 225 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
I think you can upload the video through the photo button just above, or post a link if you have it on YT