C63, C43 AMG (W206) 2023 -

New 2023 C43/Mercedes Benz Owner Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 10:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C43 Coupe (RIP), 2023 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Jobin
my light went off on its own as well. It came on went off numerous times at this point. Intermittently the car would misfire on a light acceleration and on occasion the car wouldn’t properly downshift when I would get on it (to pass someone for instance) and the engine would just struggle. With those problems being intermittent I’m not confident that service truly knows what’s going on with my car because they haven’t experienced it. Hopefully the turbo replacement takes care of it but we’ll see.

all that to say, I wouldn’t assume you’re good just because the light went off. But hopefully you are!
Yeah if they said the turbo was the issue then the light kept going on and off doesn’t seem very assuring. It could work properly one day and then not working the next as to why the light kept going on and off.

Depends on your dealer, I’m in a small town and they have a dealer and I feel they aren’t super competent. So I agree with you. I had an issue with my rain sensor on my last car and they said it was working because of the tint. And I was like the tint is on the inside so how does it effect it and they couldn’t answer. Took it to a big city dealer and they replaced the whole module and it worked perfectly afterwards.

A simple thing was broken. I can’t imagine trusting them with anything to do with my engine other than an oil change.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,640 Likes on 2,244 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by BigBodyBH
I pick it up on Wednesday. I’m out of town until Tuesday
I see.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by shadi150
My appointment was Monday for PPF. Check engine light came on Friday

Legit had the car for 1 week and was semi avoiding driving it until I got it PPF’d and it got a check engine light. Hopefully it’s just a malfunction and they just have to clear the code. Something similar happened with my last AMG but it was a transmission malfunction.

Anyway I don’t think I’m wrapping the door handles anymore anyway. A whole story just to say I’m not wrapping it 😂

As far as PPF, that doesn’t effect sensors. There are cutouts for the sensors.
Sorry to hear that, ya hopefully just a loose cap or something.

Fair enough, there are pros of not wrapping it as well ofc : ) and that not wrapping the handles work better than you then that is good.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

I wrapped the door handles on my new C43 and it didn’t impact keyless at all!

did you get any word on your check engine light? I had the same thing happen to mine a week in. Now a month in, it’s at service for the second time.
Thanks for confirming and sorry hear about the CEL on yours as well.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

my light went off on its own as well. It came on went off numerous times at this point. Intermittently the car would misfire on a light acceleration and on occasion the car wouldn’t properly downshift when I would get on it (to pass someone for instance) and the engine would just struggle. With those problems being intermittent I’m not confident that service truly knows what’s going on with my car because they haven’t experienced it. Hopefully the turbo replacement takes care of it but we’ll see.

all that to say, I wouldn’t assume you’re good just because the light went off. But hopefully you are!
There have to be a reason why they suggested a turbo replacement though, was there sign of material fatigue on that e-turbo for example? I guess MB Germany just wants it back to study on it more, I don't know.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

The company doing the handles called me and said they would have to remove them to properly wrap them. So they did. Based on what they said, more than the top is chrome.

good luck with your case.

yeah engine light again. The first time they said it had something to do with the turbo but everything read fine so they cleared it and of course it came back. They had to open a case and Mercedes said they’re going to replace the turbo. The best part is the turbo is on back order and there’s no ETA. ooph
I wonder if they made it back order on purpose to reserve some for the C 63 S E Performance as I think that car is launching very soon. Either way, hope the replacement part comes sooner rather than later.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by shadi150
Yeah if they said the turbo was the issue then the light kept going on and off doesn’t seem very assuring. It could work properly one day and then not working the next as to why the light kept going on and off.

Depends on your dealer, I’m in a small town and they have a dealer and I feel they aren’t super competent. So I agree with you. I had an issue with my rain sensor on my last car and they said it was working because of the tint. And I was like the tint is on the inside so how does it effect it and they couldn’t answer. Took it to a big city dealer and they replaced the whole module and it worked perfectly afterwards.

A simple thing was broken. I can’t imagine trusting them with anything to do with my engine other than an oil change.
It usually stored the code though, if it turn off maybe the computers determined things are within spec and then it went haywire again so the light came back on, the simplest things can trigger CEL though (or MB calls it the malfunction indicator lamp, MIL) such as an o2 sensor.

I wonder if the tint guy put too much water to fry the sensor from the inside but like you said, the sensor is on the outside, the housing though... anyways ya some dealerships are better than others, shop around.
Old 06-20-2023, 06:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2023 C43 AMG Sedan
The company doing the handles called me and said they would have to remove them to properly wrap them. So they did. Based on what they said, more than the top is chrome.
How much did they charge you to wrap the handles? Removing them sounds like a pain. I was quoted $500 by one shop.

I’m debating if I’d do body color or gloss black to match the other parts of the night packages. My body color is Starling Blue, so I feel like it might be hard to match

Last edited by BigBodyBH; 06-20-2023 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-20-2023, 06:39 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2023 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I see.
Meant to follow up sooner but got side tracked with traveling. But essentially got the full front PPF done (front bumper, entire hood, front fenders, headlights and mirror caps). So far no issues with any of the sensors that I’ve noticed (fingers crossed). Also got all windows tinted and haven’t ran into the issue others have run into with sensors getting fried from the water.

Here she is so far:

The following users liked this post:
crion629 (01-02-2024)
Old 06-20-2023, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 535 Posts
c
black wheels on blue goes really nice together!
Old 06-21-2023, 08:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Meant to follow up sooner but got side tracked with traveling. But essentially got the full front PPF done (front bumper, entire hood, front fenders, headlights and mirror caps). So far no issues with any of the sensors that I’ve noticed (fingers crossed). Also got all windows tinted and haven’t ran into the issue others have run into with sensors getting fried from the water.

Here she is so far:
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...35bbefe20.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...3caeecc65.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c4361471d.jpeg
Thanks for the follow up, glad to hear that there are no interference. Car looks good by the way.
Old 06-22-2023, 03:15 AM

Received 166 Likes on 121 Posts
1986 Light Ivory R107 560SL, 2020 Lunar Blue W205 C300 AMG-line

Here she is so far:

Looks great! Love the red brakes
The following users liked this post:
crion629 (01-02-2024)
Old 07-14-2023, 07:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Audi Q7
Originally Posted by flyinbrian
Few questions:

Should launch control work from the get go or do you have to have break in miles complete for it to activate?

Is this the correct thread to post W206 C43 content?

Is there a manufacturer of exhausts that will or is planning to make one for this new generation?

Last question is for a moderator. It looks like I had signed up to this forum in the past but no longer have the email I had when initially signing up and do not have access to it. Is there anyway to change my PW as I don't know it and can't retrieve the email to change it.

Looking forward to discussing this new AMG. Cheers, Brian

Nice, I love it. She is so beautiful.

Last edited by LarryBender; 08-08-2023 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-22-2023, 06:11 PM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2020 C43, 2008 E350

Any updates on your turbo situation
Old 12-27-2023, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 C43
Race start

Hey my c43 is at 2500 miles and everytime I would try race start it will tell me to activate track pace using mercedes me. What does this mean ? I looked on mercedes me but there is nothing relating to track pace activation, and also is anyone experiencing greeting issues ? This vehicle had only greeted me once since i bought it.
Old 12-27-2023, 07:11 PM

Received 171 Likes on 135 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by VN17
Hey my c43 is at 2500 miles and everytime I would try race start it will tell me to activate track pace using mercedes me. What does this mean ? I looked on mercedes me but there is nothing relating to track pace activation, and also is anyone experiencing greeting issues ? This vehicle had only greeted me once since i bought it.
Did you have track pace in your car? You would either buy at as an option when ordering, or you can purchase it via Mercedes Me Connect if you're in USA.
As for the greetings, do you mean the greetings when you login to your user profile? There is an option to enable it in MBUX.
Old 12-27-2023, 09:08 PM

GLE 43 AMG, C300, E350 C43 AMG
yes, it’s a one-time purchase subscription from Mercedes Me (not an annual subscription)…
Old 12-28-2023, 12:46 PM

2023 C43
Originally Posted by Dima
Did you have track pace in your car? You would either buy at as an option when ordering, or you can purchase it via Mercedes Me Connect if you're in USA.
As for the greetings, do you mean the greetings when you login to your user profile? There is an option to enable it in MBUX.

Hey where in the app can I buy the track pace option?
Old 12-28-2023, 12:59 PM

GLE 43 AMG, C300, E350 C43 AMG
To be fair, I logged into https://www.me.mercedes-benz.com/ from my desktop computer....I find the app on my iPad or iPhone to be a little awkward. Once logged in, register your vehicle, and at that point you will see an option called "Digital Extras" that is where you can purchase the Track option, among many others that are also available. Hope that helps!
Old 01-02-2024, 01:11 PM

W206 AMG C43
Has anyone who's had issues with contaminated coolant causing a CEL and decided to keep the car comment on repair success? I just got my car back 2 weeks ago from the first repair attempt and CEL came back on after about 1000 miles. It's back in for repair but wondering if I should start lemon law process or let them fix it.
Old 01-03-2024, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 535 Posts
c
Originally Posted by crion629
Has anyone who's had issues with contaminated coolant causing a CEL and decided to keep the car comment on repair success? I just got my car back 2 weeks ago from the first repair attempt and CEL came back on after about 1000 miles. It's back in for repair but wondering if I should start lemon law process or let them fix it.
I don't think they can fix this issue without a total engine rebuild or new engine.
Old 01-04-2024, 01:14 AM

2023 C43
Same issue

Originally Posted by crion629

hey I had the same issue my car was brand new and on the third day the CEL came on and from there it was at the dealership for 5 weeks , the benz dealership had to order from germany and flush on my engine but now its working fine.
Old 01-04-2024, 01:16 AM

2023 C43
C43

Hey does buying the track pace add on guarantee my vehicle going to be good for race start ? And does the voice greeting work for your vehicle?
Old 01-04-2024, 08:13 AM

Received 171 Likes on 135 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by VN17
Hey does buying the track pace add on guarantee my vehicle going to be good for race start ? And does the voice greeting work for your vehicle?
Voice greetings work, it's in the settings. See the manual for C class. For track pace see this manual for AMG
Attached Files
Old 01-05-2024, 01:49 PM

2023 C43
Voice greetings work, it's in the settings. See the manual for C class. For track pace see this manual for AMG

hey i tried turning it off and on and also restarting the mbux system but it still didn't work , any other suggestions?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 2023 C43/Mercedes Benz Owner Questions