Showroom Shine: Detailing Frequency for My C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 MERCEDES-BENZ EQE 350
Showroom Shine: Detailing Frequency for My C63 AMG

Hey folks,

So I just had a deep dive into the world of auto detailing, and I gotta say, it's got me thinking. Here’s a question I've been mulling over:

-How often should I get my AMG detailed to maintain that showroom shine?

Old 05-21-2024, 06:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Hey there! I work with AZ Auto Aesthetics the location on Ray Road in Mesa and I can tell you that for maintaining that showroom shine on your AMG, I recommend getting a full detailing every 4-6 months. However, if you drive your car frequently or it’s exposed to harsh Arizona elements, you might want to consider a quarterly schedule. Regular maintenance, like washing and waxing every couple of weeks, will keep that gloss intact in between those deeper cleanings.

Old 05-22-2024, 11:19 AM

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts
2012 C63 P31, 2023 GR Corolla CE
Originally Posted by BobSmith12
Hey folks,

So I just had a deep dive into the world of auto detailing, and I gotta say, it's got me thinking. Here’s a question I've been mulling over:

-How often should I get my AMG detailed to maintain that showroom shine?
My advice would be to get a ceramic coat professionally applied. It will keep your showroom shine for years to come. For washing only use microfiber cloth products on your paint. As well as use the two bucket system. And if you can, blow dry the car. That will set you right.
Old 05-24-2024, 01:09 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Ceramic coating is good for maintaining a clean look on the car, but you have to make sure it's done after a full detailing with proper decontamination of the paint.
Also, every time you touch the paint, not matter how careful you are, you introduce very very fine scratching on the paint. My preference is to detail a car once every 1 to 2 years, and never use a heavy cutting compound when polishing unless absolutely necessary,
Any detailing involving polish will take away part of the clearcoat, so going with a very light (ultrafine) cutting compound is recommended.

Fine balance between always looking good, and doing damage to the paint to make it look good. Either way - love that you're focused on maintaining a pristine look!