C63, C43 AMG (W206) 2023 -

2023 C 43 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 684 Likes on 539 Posts
c
I have a build date of October - SA updated today.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,816 Likes on 2,398 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by alexasa
I live in florida - so my short commute is usually blasting AC lol

the facelift might clock faster but it actually feels slower than the PFL to me. Sense of speed can be altered by such small changes - and this w206 does look like it carries speed well and the MCT will be a huge upgrade if they can get the software right.

This car to even be marginally faster is still a win when you consider it's bigger and heavier with less displacement. Just my opinion.
Ah I see.

I test driven the facelift as well, yes it does feel slower but I guess we could say testing numbers don't lie when owners actually tested them. Mhmm, the main complain from all the reviews I viewed including the one article you linked before the embargo was lifted was the TCU software.

That is a valid opinion, thank you for sharing it : )

Edit: I forgot to state, the reason why I think it was slower is because the transmission is "more refined" and less aggressive from the time I tested it, I guess a lot of people complained about the transmission hence why they have to dial it down. I actually prefer the PFL transmission tuning.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 06-29-2022 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old 06-29-2022, 09:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

I thought we all want improvements instead of going backwards for every new car/new generation hence why I said what I said in the previous post after watching the reviews. So far, six cylinders to four cylinders is not an improvement (the reviewers from some of the videos I watched but can't remember which one also said the fuel economy and especially emissions is not much better than the V6 it replaced despite being four cylinders if that is what MB was trying to achieve), the exhaust sound is not an improvement, the weight isn't an improvement despite having two less cylinders, the price increase is not an improvement (although I do need to consider the added labour cost of engine being hand-built), etc.

That said, the technology and W206 in general adds weight but there are certainly improvements or at least things that are not worse than the outgoing model. Although how much I like the PFL W205, the W206 is in fact a very nice looking car and the moment it was first revealed during the world premiere more than a year ago I liked it and so do a lot of people, actually seeing a W206 in person at the dealership confirms others and my thought of it being a nice looking vehicle (Yes, it finally arrived to Canada but in extreme limited stock a few days ago, we are one month late compared to the USA)

The driving dynamics of the W206 C 43 is an improvement according to the reviewers and that precisely is what you want from an amg branded vehicle, the rear wheel steering helps, the tires from factory as others on this forum mentioned are an improvement, the minimal to no turbo lag is an improvement, the comfort sans the to be patched transmission is an improvement, the MCT with the quicker shift times will likely be an improvement can't wait to hear about it after the TCU update is implemented. Last but not least, to some (it doesn't matter to me) the engine being a hand-built one could be an improvement, longitudinal engine arrangement also should be an improvement in centre gravity and weight distribution.

All those improvements will hopefully make up for the worse sound and cylinder downgrades.
The following users liked this post:
alexasa (06-30-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
front end is going to look a lot better without the front plate. uninterrupted A frame adds to the look.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c

3 reviewers have now remarked on how much fun this car is to drive
eatmydust (06-30-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Thanks for sharing! Is the 2023 C63 also going to be 4Matic/AWD?
Old 06-30-2022, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by bugyboy78
Thanks for sharing! Is the 2023 C63 also going to be 4Matic/AWD?
Yes, more than likely exactly the same features here, widened front track, 200+ hp more between the 4 cylinder having higher output and the electric motor/battery as a true plug in hybrid. probably another 400+ pounds of weight. It will certainly be a machine regardless of it not being a v8. I would not doubt it was faster than it's rivals in a straight line - but to compete with the record breaking m4 comp around the track - not sure.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2022 Polestar 2
Similar with @alexasa , I have a lock date for my order coming up shortly and after watching many of the press videos I'm starting to come down to two exterior options.
  1. MANUFAKTUR Cardinal Red | AMG Performance Studio Package | 19's
  2. MANUFAKTUR Selenite Grey Magno | Night Package 1 | 19's
Both look pretty stunning on the W206 AMG and command that premium for a reason. I'm not wiling to pay more than $70k for this car so I'm keeping options pretty light given the car is already equipped as stock well. AMG Performance Sound and Pano Roof are most likely everything else I'm going to do. Even I've decided I can live without the Extended Ambient Lighting.

I will be the first and and only allocation at this point for this relatively large store so sounds like these cars will be tough to obtain.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
How much above MSRP are you all paying? Is anyone getting one in the U.S. at MSRP?
Old 06-30-2022, 10:29 PM

2022 Polestar 2
@bugyboy78 I had a connection in-store and still paying $2.5k + with most customers paying $10k+ for ADM on AMG's.

I'm ok with it as I don't expect these to depreciate much at all in their first year given things.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by andyberger87
Similar with @alexasa , I have a lock date for my order coming up shortly and after watching many of the press videos I'm starting to come down to two exterior options.
  1. MANUFAKTUR Cardinal Red | AMG Performance Studio Package | 19's
  2. MANUFAKTUR Selenite Grey Magno | Night Package 1 | 19's
Both look pretty stunning on the W206 AMG and command that premium for a reason. I'm not wiling to pay more than $70k for this car so I'm keeping options pretty light given the car is already equipped as stock well. AMG Performance Sound and Pano Roof are most likely everything else I'm going to do. Even I've decided I can live without the Extended Ambient Lighting.

I will be the first and and only allocation at this point for this relatively large store so sounds like these cars will be tough to obtain.
I'd take the red out of those two config's. magno is just too much stress for me. I'd rather get the base color then wrap in xpel stealth

Originally Posted by bugyboy78
How much above MSRP are you all paying? Is anyone getting one in the U.S. at MSRP?
I expect to pay MSRP - We currently have over 50 vehicles at my store. Obviously, that may not be the case LOL but I'll fight for it regardless.

Old 07-01-2022, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
looks like they might have removed the performance seats from the German configurator - hopefully this does not imply there is a shortage.

That or they have changed the available options for the region?
Old 07-03-2022, 03:10 PM

2022 Polestar 2
@alexasa

Estimating a $60k base price (I actually expect it to probably fall at the $59.9k mark), I'm locking in my build as such. I don't think 20's are going to be as livable and the 19's have a preferred design to me.

I think the car comes very well equipped as standard and the ONLY option I'd like as a standalone is the Enhanced Ambient Lighting but I can live with standard, which will be far more than most other OEM's offer give it's MB ambient lighting Does anyone have any images of the standard lighting set-up?

Any thing I'm missing? I

Old 07-03-2022, 03:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

@alexasa

Estimating a $60k base price (I actually expect it to probably fall at the $59.9k mark), I'm locking in my build as such. I don't think 20's are going to be as livable and the 19's have a preferred design to me.

I think the car comes very well equipped as standard and the ONLY option I'd like as a standalone is the Enhanced Ambient Lighting but I can live with standard, which will be far more than most other OEM's offer give it's MB ambient lighting Does anyone have any images of the standard lighting set-up?

Any thing I'm missing? I

no pictures but as discussed earlier here, the standard ambient lighting includes ambient lighting surrounding the capacitive touch seat control panel on the door, part of the dash below the screen while enhanced ambient lighting has all that plus foot well, vents and the centre console where the middle screen slopes down, light beneath the window switches.
Old 07-03-2022, 03:51 PM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 E63s
I just finalized my build as well, Docu Signed the agreement and it goes to MB Tues.

Looking at the ‘21 C43 sedan base of ~58k, I think your estimate is fair. I agree with you on the standard equipment. I’m a huge fan of the MB-Tex interior w/ red stitching/seat belts: IMO a fantastic no cost option.

As you stated, I also wish the enhanced ambient lighting was a stand alone option. I’ve seen base C300’s with and without it, and I prefer the additional lighting around the arm rests, lower dash and vents. Unfortunately, I will have to shell out an additional $2800 for the pinnacle trim, but I’ll just have to accept that. I would def choose Burmester and inductive wireless charging as stand alone options but I really don’t care for heads up display, augmented video or the factory navigation.

I see you opted for the carbon fiber which I love, but you’ll have to live with the gloss black center console which is highly prone to scratches and finger prints.

You asked if you were missing anything: Did you intentionally pass on both night packages? I think they contrast nicely with the deep red metallic.

Nice build btw. I’ve attached mine.

Old 07-05-2022, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
@alexasa

Any thing I'm missing? I
There are pictures of standard lighting on c300's to be found/seen in that section. I think it's still classy and impactful without being over the top. I'll post a couple later when I have more time.

The performance sound is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsOS...hannel=Mr.Benz

I would argue it could be annoying - you can turn it on/off or pull a fuse if you hate it. Sound is fine other than the exhaust pops - that would drive me nuts.

the night package II give you the black grille and badging - I'd say a must with the red and the studio package.

ex. (photoshopped by RBR)

Last edited by alexasa; 07-05-2022 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
None of these press cars had pano roofs - either a sign that there are supply chain issues or otherwise.

Last edited by alexasa; 07-05-2022 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
posting since they took this down. MB-tex performance seat

Jlkennedy03 (09-15-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 01:22 AM

2022 Polestar 2
@alexasa I'm going Cardinal + Studio Performance but not going Night II. Since I have the 19's and they are more polished silver, I need some silver contrast around the car + I really like the more pronounced Panamericana grille.
Old 07-07-2022, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
couple more shots of studio package and real life images of mb tex performance seats

The following 2 users liked this post by alexasa:
Jlkennedy03 (09-15-2022), Zee$ (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
If you're not getting the studio package - having the a frame wrapped in gloss black would probably be a great look.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:38 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2023 AMG C43 Sedan, 2022 GLB 250
@alexasa Figured you may know this answer - is there a specific print out / overview I can ask from the dealership where I have an order / PO number assigned for my build that would give me a formal full breakdown? I keep getting information in small doses from my sales guy, and don't want to be a pain, but curious if there is a formal system I can reference and request for confirmations and my own records. It's strange to me there feels like there are zero ways to get some consistent updates on the progression of status (PO -> build estimate -> lock date -> etc), especially compared to previously building a BMW and tracking the full process online. Appreciate any insight ahead of time!
Old 07-07-2022, 12:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW M340i
@alexasa This white looks great! Is this polar white or moonlight white?
Old 07-07-2022, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Kinematic
@alexasa Figured you may know this answer - is there a specific print out / overview I can ask from the dealership where I have an order / PO number assigned for my build that would give me a formal full breakdown? I keep getting information in small doses from my sales guy, and don't want to be a pain, but curious if there is a formal system I can reference and request for confirmations and my own records. It's strange to me there feels like there are zero ways to get some consistent updates on the progression of status (PO -> build estimate -> lock date -> etc), especially compared to previously building a BMW and tracking the full process online. Appreciate any insight ahead of time!
I have an example of an E53 if you're really curious of what a PO'd option list looks like. I don't have a PO'd build sheet for my C43 yet - either because pricing is still not released or simply because I haven't asked for it. Otherwise that configure print out is what you'd be looking for prior to the PO process. You should have a build date a week or two after PO if not at the same time (this could vary depending on logistics on the back end from MB).

I have ordered many cars personally and professionally and have not seen my specific dealer use a more sophisticated way of communicating. Seems like everything is manual - but your experience may vary.

Originally Posted by alexwang
@alexasa This white looks great! Is this polar white or moonlight white?
pretty sure it's polar.
Old 07-07-2022, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 C 43 Order Guide