C63, C43 AMG (W206) 2023 -

2023 C 43 Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by alexasa
totally get that - my color choice is almost entirely practical based.

I would not pay the money for the Moonlight White Metallic, personally. On this smaller body it does not really shine. Polar white is a great color and saves you 1750.

If you have personally experience with this color and love it, please forgive me.
Ugh I think you're right.

I was looking at the moonlight white metallic here: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/2...-7644751b0846/
and comparing it with the polar white here https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/2...-78fa269be8c8/

But most people probably can't even tell the difference. I was just thinking that the Moonlight White Metallic might look better since I'm in California/Florida and make the car classier with the sparkle and better for resale later. And I thought there was some added value in the moonlight white metallic paint hiding scratches/dents a little better than the polar white.

Now I'm second guessing the sunroof and whether I even need that if I'm not going to use it.

Last edited by bugyboy78; 07-13-2022 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:55 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLA250
Originally Posted by bugyboy78

I was looking at the moonlight white metallic here: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/2...-7644751b0846/
and comparing it with the polar white here https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/2...-78fa269be8c8/

But most people probably can't even tell the difference. I was just thinking that the Moonlight White Metallic might look better since I'm in California/Florida and make the car classier with the sparkle and better for resale later. And I thought there was some added value in the moonlight white metallic paint hiding scratches/dents a little better than the polar white.

Now I'm second guessing the sunroof and whether I even need that if I'm not going to use it.
Keep in mind the car already comes with a sunroof as standard. The Pano roof is just a $1,000 upgrade. I elected to save the 1K and just stick with the stock sunroof
Old 07-13-2022, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,011 Likes on 592 Posts
N/A
Note for those ordering:

07/12/2022
  • C43: Power Red/Black leather (297) is not possible with Starling Blue Metallic paint (970)
The following users liked this post:
alexasa (07-13-2022)
Old 07-13-2022, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 684 Likes on 539 Posts
c
Originally Posted by bugyboy78

I don't think you'll really notice and polar will be easy to touch up or even respray if ever needed.

Originally Posted by Dragula
Keep in mind the car already comes with a sunroof as standard. The Pano roof is just a $1,000 upgrade. I elected to save the 1K and just stick with the stock sunroof
I would spec no sunroof if possible here in the states. the look would be the only negative with the standard sunroof IMO, you get weird rails with standard sunroof (that are hidden on the pano roof) - I plan on wrapping the roof gloss black to combat that. you would still need to wrap the back portion (where seam is) for a cohesive look with pano as that comes body color for whatever reason.

Last edited by alexasa; 07-13-2022 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2022, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by Eaton
Note for those ordering:

07/12/2022
  • C43: Power Red/Black leather (297) is not possible with Starling Blue Metallic paint (970)
lol MB is anti-superman spec
Old 07-13-2022, 03:05 PM

CLA250
lol MB is anti-superman spec
Haha... I still managed to be somewhat supermanesque with my starling blue and red seatbelts
Old 07-13-2022, 03:07 PM

CLA250
I don't think you'll really notice and polar will be easy to touch up or even respray if ever needed.

I would spec no sunroof if possible here in the states. the look would be the only negative with the standard sunroof IMO, you get weird rails with standard sunroof (that are hidden on the pano roof) - I plan on wrapping the roof gloss black to combat that. you would still need to wrap the back portion (where seam is) for a cohesive look with pano as that comes body color for whatever reason.

My sales guy had told me they wouldn't let me build the car without a sunroof. He said if I pulled out of the order and they had to sell it, that is the number 1 option that people look for. So it was either the Pano or stock and I chose to save the 1K
Old 07-13-2022, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
totally get that - my color choice is almost entirely practical based.

I would not pay the money for the Moonlight White Metallic, personally. On this smaller body it does not really shine. Polar white is a great color and saves you 1750.

If you have personally experience with this color and love it, please forgive me.

Thanks--saving me a bunch of money here! That's interesting. I noticed that DX0 (standard Premium Trim) does come with 414 (Sunroof), but some of the pictures of the C43 I'm seeing online don't have a sunroof. Are those just the European models? If there's already some sunroof, I would probably not pay an extra $1,000 for Panorama Roof (413).

Old 07-13-2022, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
all of the press cars were sunroof-less- only a european option. ( I mentioned this may mean pano might be a shortage, I wouldn't surprised if some c300's shipped without it or they did this purely from a performance standpoint for the press cars - less weight and pano = weight at high center of gravity)

US gets a standard sunroof which just deletes at least the rear half of the standard roof. pano shown here:

Last edited by alexasa; 07-13-2022 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
more studio pack on a sedan

Old 07-20-2022, 09:37 AM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2023 AMG C43 Sedan, 2022 GLB 250
Quick build update - Reached out to my dealer out of curiosity around updates in the system and I was told the date had updated, and estimated build date was showing Oct 1, 2022 as of last week. I put in the order / received a PO# on June 16th. I do not believe it's locked yet, so wanted to get some final feedback on the build below.
  • DX2 Pinnacle Trim (DA5 / DA6 Burmester) | 831 - Graphite Grey Metallic | RSW 19" 10-Spoke | 651 - Black/Red MB-Tex | Y05 Red Seatbelts
  • DF1 Night Package II, DC2 Performance Studio Package
  • DE4 Performance Seat Package
  • DA4 Digital Light Package
  • 795 / H64 Metallic Fiber Weave Center / Trim
  • 413 Panorama Roof
  • L65 Nappa/Microfiber Wheel | 443 Heated Steering Wheel
  • 339 Performance Sound

Old 07-20-2022, 11:26 AM

CLA250
Originally Posted by Kinematic
Quick build update - Reached out to my dealer out of curiosity around updates in the system and I was told the date had updated, and estimated build date was showing Oct 1, 2022 as of last week. I put in the order / received a PO# on June 16th. I do not believe it's locked yet, so wanted to get some final feedback on the build below.
  • DX2 Pinnacle Trim (DA5 / DA6 Burmester) | 831 - Graphite Grey Metallic | RSW 19" 10-Spoke | 651 - Black/Red MB-Tex | Y05 Red Seatbelts
  • 413 Panorama Roof
  • 339 Performance Sound
Nice Build... Have you considered going with the RZY 20" wheels... I think it would go really good with the graphite. Also it would give the car a more aggressive look as well..

By the way....what was your original build date when you first placed the order?
Old 07-20-2022, 11:35 AM

Nice Build... Have you considered going with the RZY 20" wheels... I think it would go really good with the graphite. Also it would give the car a more aggressive look as well..

By the way....what was your original build date when you first placed the order?
Thanks - I did think about the 20's but there is something about that aero ring that really bothers me and I can't get myself to like how they look. I also thought about a mix of the ride quality (roads are not always great up here in the Northeast US) as well.

As for the original build date, it felt like a placeholder, but my SA said it was looking to be the beginning of August which felt early to me. If that is true, it pushed 2 months out.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:37 AM

CLA250
Thanks - I did think about the 20's but there is something about that aero ring that really bothers me and I can't get myself to like how they look. I also thought about a mix of the ride quality (roads are not always great up here in the Northeast US) as well.

As for the original build date, it felt like a placeholder, but my SA said it was looking to be the beginning of August which felt early to me. If that is true, it pushed 2 months out.
Hmm.. thanks. My build date as of last week was first week of Nov 22. Hoping that didn't get pushed as well
Old 07-20-2022, 11:42 AM

Hmm.. thanks. My build date as of last week was first week of Nov 22. Hoping that didn't get pushed as well
You put your order in last week, right? Our orders with PO seem to be about a month apart, curious if that is relevant to how they are allocated to the factory as well once builds begin.
Old 07-20-2022, 11:57 AM

CLA250
You put your order in last week, right? Our orders with PO seem to be about a month apart, curious if that is relevant to how they are allocated to the factory as well once builds begin.
My order was placed on 08 July but I edited my build on 11 July.

I didn't get a PO number though. I had asked my SA when I would get one and he wasn't very clear. I'm not quite sure how this process works. Now it's a waiting game...

We ordered an X3 last year and that was pretty straight forward. I got a Production number 2 weeks after order and I was a able to track the progress of the build online myself. We got the car about 6 weeks after order because it was built in South Carolina

This process seems more complicated and my understanding is that all updates will come through my SA. He told me the car will be built in South Africa
Old 07-20-2022, 12:07 PM

My order was placed on 08 July but I edited my build on 11 July.

I didn't get a PO number though. I had asked my SA when I would get one and he wasn't very clear. I'm not quite sure how this process works. Now it's a waiting game...

We ordered an X3 last year and that was pretty straight forward. I got a Production number 2 weeks after order and I was a able to track the progress of the build online myself. We got the car about 6 weeks after order because it was built in South Carolina

This process seems more complicated and my understanding is that all updates will come through my SA. He told me the car will be built in South Africa
Strange - I am learning on the fly here too as I had a great experience building / ordering a bmw in 2018. Same experience as you and following the tracker from Germany. From what I understand if there is no PO number, it's not been accepted at the factory yet. I received a PO as soon as the dealer put it through the system that same day (and put down a deposit). My SA is not actively keeping me in the loop (which I am a little disappointed in), although he will give me updates if I ask. I figure at this point ill check in closer to Sept as I don't want to be a pest.
Old 07-20-2022, 12:14 PM

CLA250
Strange - I am learning on the fly here too as I had a great experience building / ordering a bmw in 2018. Same experience as you and following the tracker from Germany. From what I understand if there is no PO number, it's not been accepted at the factory yet. I received a PO as soon as the dealer put it through the system that same day (and put down a deposit). My SA is not actively keeping me in the loop (which I am a little disappointed in), although he will give me updates if I ask. I figure at this point ill check in closer to Sept as I don't want to be a pest.
Yeah I don't want to bug my SA too much this far out. What does your PO number look like? Not asking for your actual number but like how many letters / digits etc....
Was it provided to you on a formal document?
Old 07-20-2022, 12:18 PM

Yeah I don't want to bug my SA too much this far out. What does your PO number look like? Not asking for your actual number but like how many letters / digits etc....
Was it provided to you on a formal document?
10 digit number, SA provided it to me in an email with a full configuration printout. Everything was still listed at $0, but the PO was provided separately. I too wish I had a really formal output from them, but to be fair I also did it over the phone/email as the dealer is an hour away. The PO number did not change after I added digital lights to the build 2 weeks ago.
Old 07-20-2022, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
  • 413 Panorama Roof
  • 339 Performance Sound
love it, can't wait to see graphite on the c43. I think it might be the best color. I'm simply coming off a black car and need less maintenance.

Truly sounds like it was a placeholder. I haven't heard of anyone with earlier than October and I know I am first allocation at my LARGE dealer.

I doubt it, sounds like kinematic probably got a slot at a dealer without interested buyers. Basically, they had an available allocation for first build period and he was able to jump on it and edit the current configuration to his own spec.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:18 PM

CLA250
10 digit number, SA provided it to me in an email with a full configuration printout. Everything was still listed at $0, but the PO was provided separately. I too wish I had a really formal output from them, but to be fair I also did it over the phone/email as the dealer is an hour away. The PO number did not change after I added digital lights to the build 2 weeks ago.
I did mine at the dealer. He built it on the screen in front of me, then printed out the build, I signed it and then he took it to his manager. A short while later i paid my deposit and that was that.

When I get home I will look through the copy of the build I signed to see if I see a 10 digit number but if I recall there was nothing that specifically stated PO number
Old 07-20-2022, 01:20 PM

love it, can't wait to see graphite on the c43. I think it might be the best color. I'm simply coming off a black car and need less maintenance.

Truly sounds like it was a placeholder. I haven't heard of anyone with earlier than October and I know I am first allocation at my LARGE dealer.

I doubt it, sounds like kinematic probably got a slot at a dealer without interested buyers. Basically, they had an available allocation for first build period and he was able to jump on it and edit the current configuration to his own spec.
Thanks Alexasa! My SA let me know they had 5 allocation spots (it's a pretty big dealer group here in the area) at this location, and I was #3 of 5.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:26 PM

CLA250

Y'all have me second guessing my starling blue!

I like to be different and want the car to stand out but will it be TOO different? Will I not be invited to C43 parties? lol

When I ordered my CLA back at the end of 2013 I almost went with Northern Lights Violet but sales guy and my wife both convinced me otherwise! I ended up going with Mountain Grey and didn't regret it...

I though about the Selenite grey but my wife says it will look too similar to my CLA

Thoughts?
Old 07-20-2022, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
I think mountain grey is much better than selenite - so that might be a mistake.

this makes me think graphite is gonna look killer in the new car

source: https://www.caricos.com/cars/m/merce..._and_cabrio/#6

starling is an awesome color, I just don't love it in all lighting conditions. It can look very crayola crayon blue in some lighting. Looks amazing in full sun

^ I personally took these, they are unedited, etc. In FL sun.

Last edited by alexasa; 07-20-2022 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
starling where I don't like it:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 C 43 Order Guide