2015 C63 & C63S DEALER ORDERING GUIDE RELEASED TODAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
Originally Posted by w205 Edition1
Ya I figured that was going to be the case, So i traded in my BMW m4 after 3 months and this was when the first picture of the Editions one was released. Will have the only Edition one in the City.
I would totally get the edition 1 but man that package is like 10k lol

I'm 24 that's too much for me lol

You getting the s or normal?
Old 12-05-2014, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by abcut973
Already looking for your 4th C63
yessir!!!
Old 12-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
Thanks!
The ceramic brake option, wow 15 8"
Old 12-05-2014, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLk
Originally Posted by frank69m
3 months? Lol. Didn't like it?
Yup, did not like the car at all my for my use, The car is to over rated.
It is meant for a guy who wants to drive it everyday and give it here and there on the streets. But the DCT was not the best thing for Daily Use. And was not the best Car for track use. The DCT for daily use had lot of delay.(I don't know whats the Big deal with people obsessed with DCT over MCT) I would take the MCT any day. The car had turbo lag could be due to DCT. Hated the Steering wheel feel, No feed back at all. On the track through the tight S's it was sloppy, was because the M adaptive suspension was not bast enough to response to the changes. And the Seats are so bad because not enough lateral grip, Which makes you hold on to the steering wheel harder to keep you in place, by doing so you can not hit all your racing lines. For me to get the car to my liking I would had to spend another $20k on top.

Instead traded it in to get The C63s. Which give me the Better Racing Seats, Better Brakes, Better Engine Response ( I hope) Better Steering rack.( I drove the C400 and the steering rack is so much better) Much Nicer Interior. And I get 2 Sound Systems with the CAR
Old 12-05-2014, 09:47 PM

GLk
Originally Posted by amanuuh
I would totally get the edition 1 but man that package is like 10k lol

I'm 24 that's too much for me lol

You getting the s or normal?
I think The Edition one is Going to be only in the S. But I would only Buy the S. The car need a electronic diff. The car has the tendency to understeer In the tight turns, Which you can correct by throttling, making the rear kick out, which makes you lose more time. Plus you get The Better Brakes. Engine mounts. Fun Stuff for the Track.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
This will be a sweet sweet car
Old 12-06-2014, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by frank69m
I didn't see the Exhaust upgrade in the options...hmmm
the exhaust option isn't on the order guide but the option is still there.

Is the exhaust really that good? How much has it cost on other models
Old 12-06-2014, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
the exhaust option isn't on the order guide but the option is still there.

Is the exhaust really that good? How much has it cost on other models
As far as I know that option never existed on AMG models. That characteristic N/A 6.3l growl was enough
Old 12-06-2014, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by abcut973
As far as I know that option never existed on AMG models. That characteristic N/A 6.3l growl was enough
Eh I guess I'll just stick with the stock for now. Sounds great as it is but I can't wait till I add an exhaust and down pipe.

I'm pretty effing excited right now lol my sales lady said she sent the stuff to mb eu and is waiting for a built configuration.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:25 AM

2011 C350 (W204)
Does anyone know that seat ventilation available for C63 or not?
Old 12-06-2014, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
I think The Edition one is Going to be only in the S. But I would only Buy the S. The car need a electronic diff. The car has the tendency to understeer In the tight turns, Which you can correct by throttling, making the rear kick out, which makes you lose more time. Plus you get The Better Brakes. Engine mounts. Fun Stuff for the Track.
The Edition 1 is available in S and Non-S.
Have u driven the car? How do u know it understeers?
Old 12-06-2014, 07:14 PM

GLk
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
The Edition 1 is available in S and Non-S.
Have u driven the car? How do u know it understeers?
The understeer Was one of the issues that I noticed on the previous c63. This is due to the fact the car has a mechanical differential. Which is Great for traction when you give it or when u are existing a corner, (helps the car turn in). But on tighter bend or entering a corner you get understeer because the diff is rotating both rear wheels at the same speed. Resulting Understeer.

The Car without the mechanical differential would do those better but then u lose out on Lot of other benefits. Like Launching a car( One wheel spin more then other) Which would also lead to poor turn in on corner exists, Or under Braking ( the car wont be stable because the rear wheel are not locked, making the car unstable).

So to make the Best of both worlds, you get a Electronic Limited Slip Differential. It will release where it needs to (giving you better turn in because there is no restriction on the rotation of the rear wheel) and lock where it needs to (Giving you better traction and stability).
Old 12-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
A mechanical lsd will not turn both wheels the same speed in s corner
It still allows a differential in speed
It will try to apportion torque proportional to corf of friction or traction/grip
But it's characteristics iare fixed

An electronic one can be controlled or manipulated to apportion more to the outside wheel to help rotate the car
Torque vectoring
The can use steering angle, tcs, yaw/pitch/g sensors, etc as inputs

Last edited by Ingenieur; 12-06-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:04 PM

GLk
Originally Posted by Ingenieur
A mechanical lsd will not turn both wheels the same speed in s corner
It still allows a differential in speed
It will try to apportion torque proportional to corf of friction or traction/grip
But it's characteristics iare fixed

An electronic one can be controlled or manipulated to apportion more to the outside wheel to help rotate the car
Torque vectoring
The can use steering angle, tcs, yaw/pitch/g sensors, etc as inputs

A locking differential may provide increased traction compared to a standard, or "open" differential by restricting each of the two wheels on an axle to the same rotational speed without regard to available traction or differences in resistance seen at each wheel. A locking differential is designed to overcome the chief limitation of a standard open differential by essentially "locking" both wheels on an axle together as if on a common shaft. This forces both wheels to turn in unison, regardless of the traction (or lack thereof) available to either wheel individually. When the differential is unlocked (open differential), it allows each wheel to rotate at different speeds (such as when negotiating a turn), thus avoiding tire scuffing. An open (or unlocked) differential always provides the same torque (rotational force) to each of the two wheels, on that axle. So although the wheels can rotate at different speeds, they apply the same rotational force, even if one is entirely stationary, and the other spinning.

In automotive engineering the electronic differential is a form of differential, which provides the required torque for each driving wheel and allows different wheel speeds. It is used in place of the mechanical differential in multi-drive systems. When cornering, the inner and outer wheels rotate at different speeds, because the inner wheels describe a smaller turning radius. The electronic differential uses the steering wheel command signal and the motor speed signals to control the power to each wheel so that all wheels are supplied with the torque they need.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
A locking differential may provide increased traction compared to a standard, or "open" differential by restricting each of the two wheels on an axle to the same rotational speed without regard to available traction or differences in resistance seen at each wheel. A locking differential is designed to overcome the chief limitation of a standard open differential by essentially "locking" both wheels on an axle together as if on a common shaft. This forces both wheels to turn in unison, regardless of the traction (or lack thereof) available to either wheel individually. When the differential is unlocked (open differential), it allows each wheel to rotate at different speeds (such as when negotiating a turn), thus avoiding tire scuffing. An open (or unlocked) differential always provides the same torque (rotational force) to each of the two wheels, on that axle. So although the wheels can rotate at different speeds, they apply the same rotational force, even if one is entirely stationary, and the other spinning.

In automotive engineering the electronic differential is a form of differential, which provides the required torque for each driving wheel and allows different wheel speeds. It is used in place of the mechanical differential in multi-drive systems. When cornering, the inner and outer wheels rotate at different speeds, because the inner wheels describe a smaller turning radius. The electronic differential uses the steering wheel command signal and the motor speed signals to control the power to each wheel so that all wheels are supplied with the torque they need.
That is not accurate for a radius, applies to linear motion
It does not lock them
There is a clutch or gearing that allows slip
This allows them to rotate at different speeds
If they were rigidly locked the car would be undrivable and destroy the tires and driveline
Off road vehicles do have means to lock them but it is a manual operation for slow travel over obstacles

Last edited by Ingenieur; 12-07-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
A limited-slip differential (LSD) is a type of automotive differential gear arrangement that allows for some difference in angular velocity of the output shafts, but imposes a mechanical bound on the disparity.

In laymans terms
It allows differential up to a limit then it binds
But it still has a differential even on extremely tight radius
For normal driving not noticable
If one wheel starts to slip due to lower traction it starts to 'lock' so torque is transfered to the wheel with grip

An electronic one uses an actuator to vary the slip based on thebinput variables previously mentioned
Mechanical ones are fixed by spring selection or gearing

Last edited by Ingenieur; 12-07-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
Assume a track of 5'
Tight turn r=30'
Inside wheel travel per revolution ~ 2 x r x pi x ang vel
Outside ~ 2 x (r+5) x pi x ang vel
2, Pi and vel cancel
Ratio = r+5 / r
35/30 = 1.17 or 17% slip
Say a wider radius like a 200' skid pad
Slip = 205/200 or 3%
Set the diff up so allowable slip up to 20%
So start to 'lock' or actually limit slip proportionally when diff speed exceeds 20%
Below that act like an open diff

Last edited by Ingenieur; 12-07-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:47 AM

GLk
Assume a track of 5'
Tight turn r=30'
2, Pi and vel cancel
Ratio = r+5 / r
35/30 = 1.17 or 17% slip
Slip = 205/200 or 3%
So start to 'lock' or actually limit slip proportionally when diff speed exceeds 20%
I am Talking in terms of 2 way LSD, under braking while turning.
The pressure plates locking the diff, restricting the wheels to turn in as freely.
Resulting understeer.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Assume a track of 5'
Tight turn r=30'
2, Pi and vel cancel
Ratio = r+5 / r
35/30 = 1.17 or 17% slip
Slip = 205/200 or 3%
Old 12-07-2014, 10:50 AM

GLk
Back to the Topic. Any word on the option's Price List ?
Old 12-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Banned

C63 AMG

Drag racers will use a 100% locking diff
They will use a spool or weld the diff
Rigid 100% lock 0% speed differential
But they only go in a straight line
Old 12-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Banned

C63 AMG
I am Talking in terms of 2 way LSD, under braking while turning.
The pressure plates locking the diff, restricting the wheels to turn in as freely.
Resulting understeer.
It may be a small disadvantage when trail braking into a corner
You are applying brake torque (opposite sign to driving torque)
But still a proportional lock not 100%
driver skill and technique will mitigate that
But it is a huge advantage exiting the turn
And without a lsd the only way to reduce spin out of a corner is to reduce throttle, which is slower
The disadvantages can be mitigated, the advantages can't be replicated
Old 12-07-2014, 11:58 AM

GLk
It may be a small disadvantage when trail braking into a corner
You are applying brake torque (opposite sign to driving torque)
But still a proportional lock not 100%
driver skill and technique will mitigate that
But it is a huge advantage exiting the turn
And without a lsd the only way to reduce spin out of a corner is to reduce throttle, which is slower
The disadvantages can be mitigated, the advantages can't be replicated
Have you Driven any Cars With different LSD on Tracks or any Auto Cross events? I would Strongly suggest you give it a try. It seems you know a lot when it comes to book Knowledge. But Reading will only give you one side of the story, trying things on the other hand will you give you a completely different perspective.

This topic was about how the C63 has a Understeering Issue,(If you driven one to its limit you would know) And how the electronic diff will help over come some of that, in comparison to their traditional mechanical diff. Which Is a option you Have If you buy C63s or C63.

But you have Gone
Drag racers will use a 100% locking diff
They will use a spool or weld the diff
Rigid 100% lock 0% speed differential
But they only go in a straight line

This has no relevance to this topic plus no one cares and neither is a option that Mercedes offers on NEW c63 Amg.

On the Other Hand Where Is MY C63 w205. And why I am wasting my time on Here. When I could be Driving
Old 12-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Have you Driven any Cars With different LSD on Tracks or any Auto Cross events? I would Strongly suggest you give it a try. It seems you know a lot when it comes to book Knowledge. But Reading will only give you one side of the story, trying things on the other hand will you give you a completely different perspective.

This topic was about how the C63 has a Understeering Issue,(If you driven one to its limit you would know) And how the electronic diff will help over come some of that, in comparison to their traditional mechanical diff. Which Is a option you Have If you buy C63s or C63.

But you have Gone

This has no relevance to this topic plus no one cares and neither is a option that Mercedes offers on NEW c63 Amg.

On the Other Hand Where Is MY C63 w205. And why I am wasting my time on Here. When I could be Driving
Yes
Road courses and autocross
Also ice and snow courses, actual racing
Clutch type, gear type, quaife, wavetrac and gleason torsen and viscous
And the Audi torque vectoring

The c63 understeer is induced more by wt dist and tire size differential
And a little thing called inertia which is related to mass
In fact one with a lsd understeers less than one without

Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to any change in its state of motion, including changes to its speed and direction. It is the tendency of objects to keep moving in a straight line at constant velocity. The principle of inertia is one of the fundamental principles of classical physics that are used to describe the motion of objects and how they are affected by applied forces. Inertia comes from the Latin word, iners, meaning idle, sluggish. Inertia is one of the primary manifestations of mass, which is a quantitative property of physical systems. Isaac Newton defined inertia as his first law in his Philosophić Naturalis Principia Mathematica, which states:

Experience and education are not mutually exclusive
In fact education allows you to benefit more from experience, take advantage of it, because you actually understand how things work and based on that extrapolate to scenarios where you have no experience or too much risk attempting to garner experience/data
Most test pilots are engineers for a reason

You said with a lsd the wheels are locked at the same speed in a turn
They are not
You are incorrect
Hop off the high horse and you may learn something
You do not determine the course of discussion
If you do not like it do not participate but do not attempt to stifle others
You seem to be the only one whining, but even if not, it wouldn't matter

Last edited by Ingenieur; 12-07-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Factoid for those who care
An lsd will reduce understeer
When cornering the outer wheel is loaded up and the inner down
The outer has more traction so torque dist will shift to it
This will HELP the car rotate diminishing understeer
The negative is the transfer upsets the car if you increase throttle too much/quickly
Resulting on possibly oversteer depending on the car, and oscillation between the two states resulting in instability

Last edited by Ingenieur; 12-07-2014 at 01:44 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 C63 & C63S DEALER ORDERING GUIDE RELEASED TODAY