Sponsored by:

Just ordered a C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suzuki Burgman Executive
Just ordered a C63

I've been entertaining the idea for a months and this morning I went into Loeber Motor and put down a deposit.

I optioned my car pretty moderately:

Lunar Blue
Black Pepper Leather
Lighting Package $800
Multimedia Packaged $2690
Blind spot assist $???
Parktronic $970
Panorama Roof $1480
Performance Exhaust $???
Red Seat belts $???

I still might add distronic and the AMG Seats. I'm pretty sure I'll be adding the S package but that all depends on the price.

My salesman told me that production starts in March and I am the second in line.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
Originally Posted by MB Dave
I've been entertaining the idea for a months and this morning I went into Loeber Motor and put down a deposit.

I optioned my car pretty moderately:

Lunar Blue
Black Pepper Leather
Lighting Package $800
Multimedia Packaged $2690
Blind spot assist $???
Parktronic $970
Panorama Roof $1480
Performance Exhaust $???
Red Seat belts $???

I still might add distronic and the AMG Seats. I'm pretty sure I'll be adding the S package but that all depends on the price.

My salesman told me that production starts in March and I am the second in line.

where are you located? second in line at the dealership or overall?
Old 01-17-2015, 04:30 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
Originally Posted by amanuuh
where are you located? second in line at the dealership or overall?
Im from Chicago, I'm second at my dealership.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Nice! I have a C63 S on order as well. Can't wait!
Old 01-18-2015, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i think the C63S is going to be 10k more than the regular one.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
So are the prices out now?
How much are we talking about?
Old 01-18-2015, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
No prices as of yet. The Edition 1 would probably be close to 90K if I had to guess.

The 507 had a lot of unique features and hence why the price tag was so much higher. The C63 S should be high 70's to low 80's easily.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:54 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
My salesman said that 63s will not be much more than the 63. He said that it's primarily software change and cosmetics. He doesn't think there is much if any hardware changes.

Last edited by MB Dave; 01-19-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
My salesman said that 63s will not be much more than the 63. He said that it's primarily software change and cosmetics. He doesn't think there is much if any hardware changes.
what were you actually trying to say/ask here?
Old 01-19-2015, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
what were you actually trying to say/ask here?
I think he was trying to say that his salesman does not know what the hell he is talking about.

He said that it's primarily software change and cosmetics. He doesn't think there is much if any hardware changes.
Really?
Old 01-19-2015, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Has he seen the brochure?
Active engine mounts
Electronic limited slip
Rotors
Wheels
Higher speed limiter

A bunch of interior stuff.

Most people getting the S probably will not modify it so they are buying the S
Me on other hand
In going to be test fitting wheels asap
Full bolt on
Proper drop
After market exhaust

Mine is optioned with some random cool **** like the wheel performance seats and hud haha
Old 01-20-2015, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
How can he not know this. Shame on him
I would go to a different dealer because now every time this salesman opens his mouth you are going to ask yourself if it is true.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
I guess that's why I have the AMG Expert title at my dealership since I have the knowledge. LOL
Old 01-20-2015, 11:50 AM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
Okay, so the power bump is software.

The suspension is the same

Active engine mounts (sounds neat, but I need to see them in action to determine their true benefit)

Red Brake Calipers - how much hp do those add? (no mention of bigger rotors or bigger calipers)

19" wheels are worse for performance, smaller wheels are what you want when you track your car.

The base car already has a mechanical lsd.

So where is all this hardware?? You get less than you did with the old p31 package.

I think some of you need to stop be so facetious and actually look at the specs.

Last edited by MB Dave; 01-20-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
C63 - on the front axle: integral brake discs measuring 360 x 36 mm, internally ventilated and perforated with 6-piston fixed calliper
- on the rear axle: brake discs measuring 360 x 26 mm, internally ventilated and perforated with 1-piston floating calliper
- grey-painted brake callipers with white AMG lettering

C63s -- Front axle: composite brake disc measuring 390 x 36 mm, internally ventilated and perforated with 6-piston fixed calliper
- Rear axle: brake discs measuring 360 x 26 mm, internally ventilated and perforated with 1-piston floating calliper
- Red-painted brake callipers with black AMG lettering
Old 01-20-2015, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 EQS 580
So where is all this hardware?? You get less than you did with the old p31 package.
It doesnt matter that in your opinion you get less than the p31 package.

It matters that an E-LSD, bigger brakes, bigger wheels, and Dynamic engine mounts are more that "just software changes"

It also comes with more power and a higher top speed. Yes you can get that on the non-S after purchase. But I am pretty sure that you were the one that claimed that you "cared about your warranty"

And just fyi, smaller wheels are only better for drag racing. If you plan to track your car then you want larger wheels for better handling.

Seriously though, you don't have to try to justify your choice of the Non-S. Mercedes made the Non-S for those that dont need or want the extra stuff that the C63S has.

S or Non-S it is still an awesome car!
Old 01-20-2015, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
There is always more then what meets the eye.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:23 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
It doesnt matter that in your opinion you get less than the p31 package.

It matters that an E-LSD, bigger brakes, bigger wheels, and Dynamic engine mounts are more that "just software changes"

It also comes with more power and a higher top speed. Yes you can get that on the non-S after purchase. But I am pretty sure that you were the one that claimed that you "cared about your warranty"

And just fyi, smaller wheels are only better for drag racing. If you plan to track your car then you want larger wheels for better handling.

Seriously though, you don't have to try to justify your choice of the Non-S. Mercedes made the Non-S for those that dont need or want the extra stuff that the C63S has.

S or Non-S it is still an awesome car!
Im not apposed to the S I would really like one, I was just baffled at the 10k number being thrown around. I think the pricing will be pretty similar to the p31 maybe a grand more.

FYI smaller wheels are what you want when you track your car. Larger wheels, particularly larger diameter wheels will have more rotating, unsprung mass. The worst kind and the most desirable place to remove weight on any vehicle. Also you have more tire options with 18" than with a 19". Small wheels are usually stronger, and you want strength when you hit the curb at 100.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 EQS 580
FYI smaller wheels are what you want when you track your car. Larger wheels, particularly larger diameter wheels will have more rotating, unsprung mass. The worst kind and the most desirable place to remove weight on any vehicle. Also you have more tire options with 18" than with a 19". Small wheels are usually stronger, and you want strength when you hit the curb at 100.
The Smaller wheel would be better for the DRAG strip. A slightly Larger wheel would be better for the RACE TRACK!
On the Race track skidpad grip is more important than the negatives that you alluded to due to the additional weight of a larger wheel.

There is a obviously a performance balance that has to considered in regards to grip and acceleration. That is why you will not see every performance car driving around the Nurburgring with 16s or 24s.

I am sure that the AMG engineers would have figured that out throughout the time they spent fine tuning the C63.

This is an ///AMG, and I am 100% positive that the 19s on the S model is there because they felt that it would provide the correct balance of grip and acceleration they were seeking!

So in this case, the AMG engineers have decided that 19s are better for their "higher performance car" than 18s!

.... FYI
Old 01-21-2015, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
$7k difference between E63 and E63S so I'd think it would be a similar price difference - I also think it's worth it regardless of future mods, mechanical and interior upgrades alone would make me order an S plus the ability to get CCB's. Unfortunately it's only a half CCB but even if you didn't get them the S still has bigger brakes than non-S.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Old 01-22-2015, 01:43 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
The Smaller wheel would be better for the DRAG strip. A slightly Larger wheel would be better for the RACE TRACK!
On the Race track skidpad grip is more important than the negatives that you alluded to due to the additional weight of a larger wheel.

There is a obviously a performance balance that has to considered in regards to grip and acceleration. That is why you will not see every performance car driving around the Nurburgring with 16s or 24s.

I am sure that the AMG engineers would have figured that out throughout the time they spent fine tuning the C63.

This is an ///AMG, and I am 100% positive that the 19s on the S model is there because they felt that it would provide the correct balance of grip and acceleration they were seeking!

So in this case, the AMG engineers have decided that 19s are better for their "higher performance car" than 18s!

.... FYI
What is performance balance, I spent a good 10min searching that in relation to wheels and I came up with nothing. I thought grip is achieved through width not height, taller things have higher center of gravity, how does that help?

However I went on the BBS webstie and found that they only offer one 19" race wheel and 16 18" wheels. but I'm sure they know nothing about racing

http://www.bbs-usa.com/race-wheels-overview.cfm

Amg is very clever, but they build street cars not race cars, the car is form over function. They're not selling this car, to race teams they're selling it to you and me. The 19" wheel is purely aesthetic.

I also searched specs for a Porsche Cup car and guess what? They also use 18's

http://www.carreracup.com.au/content...specifications
Old 01-22-2015, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 EQS 580
What is performance balance, I spent a good 10min searching that in relation to wheels and I came up with nothing. I thought grip is achieved through width not height, taller things have higher center of gravity, how does that help?

However I went on the BBS webstie and found that they only offer one 19" race wheel and 16 18" wheels. but I'm sure they know nothing about racing

http://www.bbs-usa.com/race-wheels-overview.cfm

Amg is very clever, but they build street cars not race cars, the car is form over function. They're not selling this car, to race teams they're selling it to you and me. The 19" wheel is purely aesthetic.

I also searched specs for a Porsche Cup car and guess what? They also use 18's

http://www.carreracup.com.au/content...specifications

Ok, here is some homework for you. How about you look up the street version of a car Vs the Track focused version and report if they increased or decreased the diameter of the wheel. e.g. Track edition cars etc. Those are the cars that are built for function over aesthetics.

You will see that the trend is to go larger, wider, larger and wider, or maybe even keep the same size.

Good luck! Have fun!
Old 01-22-2015, 05:33 PM

Suzuki Burgman Executive

Ok, here is some homework for you. How about you look up the street version of a car Vs the Track focused version and report if they increased or decreased the diameter of the wheel. e.g. Track edition cars etc. Those are the cars that are built for function over aesthetics.

You will see that the trend is to go larger, wider, larger and wider, or maybe even keep the same size.

Good luck! Have fun!
You're arguing that bigger wheels are better for the track and that's not the case. All these add on's that come with the sports packages are not in the name of performance. Sports packages on car's are a blend of performance and aesthetics. Stop being so naive and understand that Mercedes builds street cars, and bigger wheels are worse for performance.

Last edited by MB Dave; 01-22-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
You got me interested in this debate. I was always told that the bigger the rim diameter the softer the ride. But these days the tires have almost no rubber on them. I looked up a Ford Fiesta and compared it to the Fiesta Rally car. The biggest wheels you can get on a Fiesta are 17's.

Ford Fiesta Rally car specs;The Ford Fiesta RS was launched in 2011 to comply with new FIA technical regulations. It delivered a 1-2-3 result on its first event (Sweden) and went on to take 13 podiums in its debut season. After Ford’s WRC withdrawal at the end of the 2012 season, cars have been developed and run by Ford’s former rally partner, British-based preparation firm M-Sport.
Engine type In-line four cylinder, 1.6 litre, turbocharged
Bore/stroke 83.0 mm / 73.9 mm
Power (max) 300 hp (223 kW) at 6,000 rpm
Torque (max) 450 Nm at 4,000 rpm
Transmission type Four-wheel drive
Gearbox Sequential shift, six forward gears and one reverse
Differentials Mechanical front and rear
Clutch M-Sport / AP Racing twin disc
Suspension MacPherson struts with adjustable dampers
Steering Power-assisted rack and pinion
Brakes Brembo ventilated discs and four-piston calipers all round.
Disc diameter 300mm on gravel, 355mm on tarmac
Wheels 8 x 18 inch for tarmac, 7 x 15 inch for gravel
Length 3.963 mm
Width 1.820 mm
Wheel base 2.480 mm
Weight FIA regulation 1,200 kg minimum (1,360 kg with driver and co-driver)

I know this is not a car that comes with 19's but

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just ordered a C63