C Class coupe (C205)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW F30
C Class coupe (C205)

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new car and so far the options are a M4 (available now in the options I want), Jaguar F-type (available in 3 months in the options I want) and the more I read up on the new C class coupe, I think it would really interest me, especially the C63AMG version of the C205.

So question for you guys, since the new C class coupe hasn't even been announced and wont be till September/October, when do you think the C63 AMG version of it will be in US showrooms? I especially looking for guidance from people who work at MB or have seen thees cycles before to make some sort of prediction on when I'd be able to get my hands on one (even if its the first dealer allocation).

The more I read up on the C class coupe, the more I think I'll regret getting a M4 today and in 6 months would start lusting after the C63 AMG.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/11/m...nkfurt-report/

What do you guys think? Can you predict some dates on when it'll be available or should I just go with either a M4 or F-type for now?
Old 03-11-2015, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
The sedan is coming out 9 months after the regular c class came out. So I would say you're a year and half away lol
Old 03-11-2015, 06:14 PM

Coming soon
Don't hold your breath for C63 coupe, I have feelings that the C63 coupe wont be in showroom until 50th anniversary (which is in 2017) to make it special and whatsoever

I assume you don't have interest in sedan but please have a look at the new C63 sedan its very nice package.

May I ask you why M4 and F-type are on the list if not C63 coupe?
Don't get me wrong, I like the F-type but to get the power of the recent standard performance you should get the R model which is very expensive. As for M4, no comment.

Last edited by CeSixtyThree; 03-11-2015 at 08:07 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-11-2015, 06:21 PM

BMW F30
Originally Posted by CeSixtyThree
Don't hold your breath for C63 coupe, I have feelings that the C63 coupe wont be in showroom until 50th anniversary (which is in 2017) to make it special and whatsoever

I assume you don't have interest in sedan but please have a look at the new C63 sedan its very nice package.

May I ask you why M4 and F-type are on the list if not C63 coupe?
Don't get me wrong, I life the F-type but to get the power of the recent standard performance you should get the R model which is very expensive. As for M4, no comment.

According to the head of AMG, the C class coupe and C63 coupe will be shown at the Frankfurt auto show this fall (see link I posted above).
As for why F-type or M4, I guess both of those cars appeal to me. The F-type is drop dead gorgeous and the M3/M4 has always been a car I've liked (though the new inline 6 engine makes a sound I don't quite like. The V6 on the F-type though sounds amazing).

Based on the all the hype I'm hearding however about the C205, I expect it to be my lust object of choice once it does get announced in September.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The W205 sedan got announced September it's releasing in April. The AMG models don't usually go on sale till after about 6 months that the regular ones release. The car is still a good year -year and a half away.

Without a doubt the car will be a winner over the M4. All reviews but two have picked the C63 as the car they would take. The only two that didn't said its too close to pick and they need a head to head review.

If you don't need a coupe I say get the sedan. The C63 is an over all better car to the M4. The m4 has the edge on the track though(maybe)
Old 03-11-2015, 06:40 PM

BMW F30
Originally Posted by amanuuh
The W205 sedan got announced September it's releasing in April. The AMG models don't usually go on sale till after about 6 months that the regular ones release. The car is still a good year -year and a half away.

Without a doubt the car will be a winner over the M4. All reviews but two have picked the C63 as the car they would take. The only two that didn't said its too close to pick and they need a head to head review.

If you don't need a coupe I say get the sedan. The C63 is an over all better car to the M4. The m4 has the edge on the track though(maybe)
The sedan just doesnt do it for me, especially the rear. Looks good from the front and side though and the interior is just soo much better than the M4. I guess I could always lease a F-type or M-4 for 2 years and then come back to C63 coupe. I'm just really surprised it'll take one and half years to show up in showrooms.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:16 PM

Coming soon
Sorry to burst your bubble but rear C63 205 looks better than M4, Even M3 F80 looks better than rear M4.

As a guy who knows every single car inside-out I recommend you to wait for C63 coupe or just put deposit on the sedan version.

Get F-type if you really want that car. I look at it as a collectable car and not as normal, Its very good car that I think they cant make it any better
Old 03-11-2015, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Sorry to burst your bubble but rear C63 205 looks better than M4, Even M3 F80 looks better than rear M4.
Sorry to burst your bubble but "that's like your opinion man!"

The M4 is a much better looking car than the C63... IMO!
If the C coupe is a baby S coupe then IMO the C coupe will be a much better looking car than the M4.

We haven't seen any spy shot of the C63 coupe running around and that is usually an indication that we are still more than a year away from the announcement and even further away from the actual release.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:34 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by brad0
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new car and so far the options are a M4 (available now in the options I want), Jaguar F-type (available in 3 months in the options I want) and the more I read up on the new C class coupe, I think it would really interest me, especially the C63AMG version of the C205.

So question for you guys, since the new C class coupe hasn't even been announced and wont be till September/October, when do you think the C63 AMG version of it will be in US showrooms? I especially looking for guidance from people who work at MB or have seen thees cycles before to make some sort of prediction on when I'd be able to get my hands on one (even if its the first dealer allocation).

The more I read up on the C class coupe, the more I think I'll regret getting a M4 today and in 6 months would start lusting after the C63 AMG.

What do you guys think? Can you predict some dates on when it'll be available or should I just go with either a M4 or F-type for now?

From what I know the "earliest" release of the C205 C63 will be during the 2nd quarter of 2016.

IMHO it's worth waiting for if it has grabbed your attention that much, at least wait for the standard variants of the C205 to be released either later this year or early next year to give you an accurate idea of what to expect visually of the C63 variant
Old 03-12-2015, 12:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 BMW M5
I would love a C63s coupe but not waiting 1.5 years for it.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:31 AM

BMW F30

As a guy who knows every single car inside-out I recommend you to wait for C63 coupe or just put deposit on the sedan version.

Get F-type if you really want that car. I look at it as a collectable car and not as normal, Its very good car that I think they cant make it any better
I'm not sure how you're bursting my bubble, since the C class sedan just doesnt appeal to me at all. I wish they made the AMG version sportier, but even that has a column mounted shifter in addition to that bad looking rear.

I do however think the S class coupe is one sexy car and if Gordon Wagner is saying that the C Class coupe will be even better looking than it, I can't wait! A C class coupe C63 AMG sounds just right to me, but I guess I'll go with the F-type for a couple of years if thats how long it'll take to get to US showrooms.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:01 PM

BMW
I am in the exact same predicament as you, brad.

I drive a BMW F30 too right now. I was thinking about dropping the coin on the M4, but after seeing a new C class Sedan as well as the new S class coupe, my jaws dropped. The interior is leagues ahead of BMW.

I love the sedan, EXCEPT the taillights. The C63 Sedan would have been perfect, save for the taillights.

I saw spy shots of the C coupe, and it looks like the rear will be like the S class coupe. If that is the case, I am definitely getting one! The S class coupe I saw in person just blew me away.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:47 PM

BMW F30
Originally Posted by st3v
I am in the exact same predicament as you, brad.

I drive a BMW F30 too right now. I was thinking about dropping the coin on the M4, but after seeing a new C class Sedan as well as the new S class coupe, my jaws dropped. The interior is leagues ahead of BMW.

I love the sedan, EXCEPT the taillights. The C63 Sedan would have been perfect, save for the taillights.

I saw spy shots of the C coupe, and it looks like the rear will be like the S class coupe. If that is the case, I am definitely getting one! The S class coupe I saw in person just blew me away.
Haha nice, glad to find someone else who thinks like me! I dont have my F30 though anymore since the lease on that ended so right now I'm car-less.

My predicament is either getting a M4 now or F-type in 3 months (with the options I want) or just wait it out for the C class coupe C63. If the rumors of it not being available for another year and half are true then I wont wait. I could however wait it out till September and be car less till then if the C class coupe becomes available this year.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:55 PM

BMW
Haha nice, glad to find someone else who thinks like me! I dont have my F30 though anymore since the lease on that ended so right now I'm car-less.

My predicament is either getting a M4 now or F-type in 3 months (with the options I want) or just wait it out for the C class coupe C63. If the rumors of it not being available for another year and half are true then I wont wait. I could however wait it out till September and be car less till then if the C class coupe becomes available this year.
Another option is in the interim, buy a really nice used car that already took a lot of depreciation. Then you can decide later and sell the used car private party without taking a big hit.

You for sure won't be able to buy it this year. I think they are going to reveal it in the Frankfurt auto show at the end of this year. So it would probably be 1-1.5 years before you can buy a coupe. I would think the C300 and the C450 would be out first, then the C63.

I have my lease for about a year more, so I can wait.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:01 PM

MB S63 AMG Coupe Edition 1 and McLaren 650S
I'm not sure how you're bursting my bubble, since the C class sedan just doesnt appeal to me at all. I wish they made the AMG version sportier, but even that has a column mounted shifter in addition to that bad looking rear.

I do however think the S class coupe is one sexy car and if Gordon Wagner is saying that the C Class coupe will be even better looking than it, I can't wait! A C class coupe C63 AMG sounds just right to me, but I guess I'll go with the F-type for a couple of years if thats how long it'll take to get to US showrooms.
Agreed. The C63 looks like a regular C Class or the C450 AMG? Seriously. The M4 looks way better and way more sportier than the C63.

I'm loving my M4 - this thing is badass!
Attached Thumbnails C Class coupe (C205)-img_0601.jpg   C Class coupe (C205)-img_0604.jpg   C Class coupe (C205)-img_0603.jpg   C Class coupe (C205)-rolling.jpg  

Last edited by nexlogic; 03-13-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:09 PM

Hey guys,

Get the M4 and enjoy it TODAY. New cars are constantly coming out. Go test drive one and see if it puts a smile on your face. Inquire about the M Performance exhaust if you want your M4 to sound like a race car.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by nexlogic
Get the M4 and enjoy it TODAY. New cars are constantly coming out. Go test drive one and see if it puts a smile on your face. Inquire about the M Performance exhaust if you want your M4 to sound like a race car.
I think the only thing that allows the M3/4 to sound like a race car is to get the M Performance Speakers!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:54 PM

BMW F30

While the M4 looks good from the outside, the interior is the most boring place ever. It looks exactly like my 3 year old 3 series and pretty much like every other BMW out there. Boooring.

I don't know why BMW is so intent on having those 20 physical radio present buttons on the dash, who uses them? Who cares? Make something prettier BMW. The infotainment is good, but the M4 seems like a boring place to sit especially since I've been in that cabin for a few years already. Now if only we could combine the M4 exterior with the C class interior, that would be pretty awesome!

Or I could just wait and watch how the C class coupe turns out, hopefully its as sexy as the S class coupe!
Old 03-13-2015, 10:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E89 Z4
Hopefully there won't be surprises to protect some other market segment item. They never made an AMG out of the current E class coupe or convertible. What do we know, maybe they don't want a C AMG coupe interfere with the CLA AMG.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

man your car collection is just nasty
Old 03-13-2015, 11:07 PM

BMW F30
Originally Posted by squid23
Hopefully there won't be surprises to protect some other market segment item. They never made an AMG out of the current E class coupe or convertible. What do we know, maybe they don't want a C AMG coupe interfere with the CLA AMG.
The CLA45 competes with the M235i I think. It's also one segment smaller than what I want. They've also all but confirmed the C class coupe and hyped it up no end so we'll see. Hopefully the AMG version will be amazing to look at and even nexlogic might add it to his collection

Old 03-14-2015, 12:31 PM

While the M4 looks good from the outside, the interior is the most boring place ever. It looks exactly like my 3 year old 3 series and pretty much like every other BMW out there. Boooring.

I don't know why BMW is so intent on having those 20 physical radio present buttons on the dash, who uses them? Who cares? Make something prettier BMW. The infotainment is good, but the M4 seems like a boring place to sit especially since I've been in that cabin for a few years already. Now if only we could combine the M4 exterior with the C class interior, that would be pretty awesome!

Or I could just wait and watch how the C class coupe turns out, hopefully its as sexy as the S class coupe!
You're right. The interior of the 3-Series/M isn't as elegant as one would expect from a luxury brand. The S Class inspired interior in the C63 is gorgeous.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
You're right. The interior of the 3-Series/M isn't as elegant as one would expect from a luxury brand. The S Class inspired interior in the C63 is gorgeous.
Where are you located?
Old 03-21-2015, 08:21 PM

W203 C230 SPORT
Originally Posted by Vinsanity12
I would love a C63s coupe but not waiting 1.5 years for it.
I don't mind waiting. If it looks like a mini S-Class Coupe, it would be

Old 03-22-2015, 10:10 AM

W203 C230 SPORT
Latest Spy Shots!

Despite the heavy camo-cladding, it looks like MB got the proportions right for the C205 (as opposed to the C204, which I found to have awkward proportions).

Don't know about you guys, but I think it's worth the wait.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C Class coupe (C205)