MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   Standard c63s seats vs sportseats (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/587238-standard-c63s-seats-vs-sportseats.html)

Bespoke88 05-26-2015 11:48 PM

Standard c63s seats vs sportseats

Hi, debating between the two seats, I sat briefly in the sportseats they look and feel nice, but my concern is its a bit tight on the sides, anyone else find this?

Im wondering if this will be uncomfortable for daily driving.

I was also wondering, for the people that have ordered normal seats if they can post some pics front and back seats, there are not many online that give a good visual.

I was also wondering if the normal seats also had the velvet lining on it, regardless of colour choice, black, red and white?

I am not a fan of the velvet as it is hard to clean.

TLDream 05-27-2015 01:31 AM

For me, the sportseats oozes sex on the amg, so its a no brainer. I haven't seen or sat in one in person. But the pictures had me sold, so did C&D review.

zibby43 05-27-2015 01:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't had a chance to sit in the new Recaro-made AMG "Performance" seats.

However, I do have the previous generation Recaro-made AMG seats in my W204 C63. They did feel snug at first. I quickly got used to the tighter fit and was amazed by how much better my back felt on longer drives. Put simply, the Recaro bucket seats in my C63 are the most comfortable and most supportive automotive seats I've ever had the privilege of using.

I've been using these seats for nearly 2 years now and I miss them dearly when I'm driving my other cars.

You can adjust both the thigh and rib bolstering. Furthermore, you can dial-in the lumbar support to the perfect setting. I have the bolsters as tight as they'll go and now, I never get any sort of lower back pain while driving (even when I'm thrashing the cars for hours on the track).

Here are the seats (bolstering is very aggressive):

Attachment 388169

Also, I have a standard W205 and the seats in that car are very nice as well. The bolstering is much less aggressive but you still have adequate support and MB nailed the "adjustability." Put simply, I think you'll be happy with either option. It's just that the Recaros require some getting used to if you've never used anything like them before.

On a side note, the "velvet" you are referring to is actually a synthetic form of alcantara called "DINAMICA."

The misconception is that it is hard to clean. In reality, it is very easy to clean. I have alcantara inserts on the Recaro seats in my W204 C63. After 2 years of using the car as a daily driver, the seats still look brand new.

Periodically using a vacuum with a crevice tool will keep the fibers standing up. Furthermore, should you spill something, all you will need to clean the surface is a terry cloth towel and some warm water. If things get really messy, just add some mild soap to the equation.

All that said, "white" alcantara/DINAMICA inserts may show stains. The black variety that I'm familiar with is super easy to maintain and clean. My seats stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer than full leather seats.

The alcantara/DINAMICA inserts are also very grippy. They'll keep you in place.

You can't go wrong with either option though. The full leather seats look fantastic and the perforation really helps with ventilation. Some people just prefer the feel/look of leather too.

Hope that helps a bit. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Will617 05-27-2015 08:12 AM

I ordered my 2016 c63s with the standard red/black seats and not with the performance seats. I plan on taking the car on long trips and the car will be my daily driver as well. I've had lower back issues and did not want to take a $2500 gamble on it. I must say that I've heard from several sources that the performance seats are very comfy.

JPMBenz 05-27-2015 09:07 AM

I went with the standard seats. They are EXTREMELY comfortable. I also suffer with lower back issues. If you are a bit more on the bigger body side; then they will be uncomfortable for you.

I also like how the standard seat has the Affalterbach AMG Logo in the headrest. The Performance Seats do not.

JoelSolid 05-27-2015 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by JPMBenz (Post 6445766)
I went with the standard seats. They are EXTREMELY comfortable. I also suffer with lower back issues. If you are a bit more on the bigger body side; then they will be uncomfortable for you.

I also like how the standard seat has the Affalterbach AMG Logo in the headrest. The Performance Seats do not.

Are the performance seats identical to the CLA45 performance seats? Since C63s aren't sitting on the lot what is the easiest way to test out the standard seats? Are they similar to the standard C class seats? Maybe the standard E Class seats?

rage2 05-27-2015 12:38 PM

They are the same across the board. CLA45, GLA45, C450, C63(S), GT(S).

Bespoke88 05-27-2015 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by JPMBenz (Post 6445766)

Thanks for the info, could you post some pictures of your seats up close if you don't mind?

Does that standard seats still have that alcantara material in it? I am a bit OCD and it seems with the white lining it would get dirty fast.

Will617 05-27-2015 12:52 PM

I like the white/black seats but I'm afraid it would get dirty too quickly and is the reason I went with red/black

JPMBenz 05-27-2015 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bespoke88 (Post 6445926)
Thanks for the info, could you post some pictures of your seats up close if you don't mind?

Does that standard seats still have that alcantara material in it? I am a bit OCD and it seems with the white lining it would get dirty fast.

I will for sure when I have the car. Also, it is easily enough to clean and since I went with Iridium Silver; it matches perfectly. :)

Bespoke88 05-27-2015 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by JPMBenz (Post 6446009)
I will for sure when I have the car. Also, it is easily enough to clean and since I went with Iridium Silver; it matches perfectly. :)

Thanks, just to clarify so there is that lining of alcantara in the non sport seats too right? its not white lining that is leather correct?

PorGT3 05-27-2015 09:48 PM

I have an A45 AMG with the Recaro performance seats. i've ordered a C63S with standard seats. Although I do like the performance seats, the lower leather section (under your ass) stretched and now looks wrinkled (I'm 5'10 and 80kg). Also as it was my daily driver the side bolster (nearest the door) is showing some wear (after a year) meaning it doesnt look like the other bolster. I would prefer the performance seats for a track day or "spirited driving" but for day to day and long distance the standard seats I think are very good (for me)

KIS007 05-27-2015 09:52 PM

I took a spin in a friend's C63s today and the regular seats are very comfortable, good looking and fit me perfectly. I am 6' and 215. Nicely done.

FastLaneJB 05-28-2015 01:13 AM

It's interesting how the specs change from country to country. I've got a C63S on order in the UK and the Performance Seats are the standard seats on the S. You can only get the non performance seats on a C63 which then has an option of being upgraded to the Performance Seats.

I didn't get a test drive in an S so car I tested was a C63 with standard seats and have to agree they are extremely comfortable. I've sat in the performance seats in a A45 AMG and they are snug but really until I get my car I won't fully know just how comfortable they are. Given the choice I might have gone standard seats but as I wanted the S it's not an option. Hopefully they are nice and comfortable when used for daily driver duty.

PorGT3 05-28-2015 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by FastLaneJB (Post 6446629)
It's interesting how the specs change from country to country. I've got a C63S on order in the UK and the Performance Seats are the standard seats on the S. You can only get the non performance seats on a C63 which then has an option of being upgraded to the Performance Seats.

In Australia, we only get the C63S and the performance seats (CL/A45 type) are also standard but you can choose the normal ("sports") seats if you want.

FastLaneJB 05-28-2015 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by PorGT3 (Post 6446705)
In Australia, we only get the C63S and the performance seats (CL/A45 type) are also standard but you can choose the normal ("sports") seats if you want.

Maybe this is possible in the UK as well but I doubt you'd get the difference back in price. The performance seats are £1.5k extra on a standard C63 over the normal seats. That cost is going to be built into the C63S price increase.

Packages and options seem much more varied and complex in the U.S. We've got

Premium Package that bundles in Burmester sound, Keyless, Pano and adaptive LED lights, interior lighting and leather dash. So I suspect cars without Pano's will be rare here as most will want something from that package I suspect plus the price of this package is pretty cheap for what you get in my opinion.

Drivers Assistance package that gets you all the driving safety features. Distronic, Lane change, etc, etc. These are quite improved on MY16 models by the way at least here.

Then only items which are separate are HUD, 360 surround, Night package and Drivers Package (180mph top speed plus AMG course). Oh and the carbon bits.

I don't believe you can break those packages out for some of the parts and MY16 is removing the ability I think to break anything out. That starts from June builds here so my car will be a MY16.

rentzington 05-28-2015 06:47 AM

i was checking out some of the c63s models the local dealer got in and none of them have performance seats which I found really odd.