C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 2015 C63S Edition 1

Old 06-07-2015, 12:25 AM

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
C63P
My new 2015 C63S Edition 1

Hey all, new member, first post, first MB+AMG. I'll try to keep it quick (likely not).

I'm both incredibly happy and a tiny bit disappointed.

I've been shopping for a new car for a year. Cross shopping 400-500hp cars of all makes/models in $60-$90k range, bla bla (same old story, insert M3/ATS-V/Hellcat/etc thoughts). I wasn't really eyeing the C63S in particular, though I have watched more on-the-clock hours of YouTube reviews than my management would approve. Summary: I wanted a V8.

I was browsing cars.com one day and noticed two C63's listed at a local dealer. Called them up and they said one is spoken for, the other one is still on the truck. Asked him to send me the build sheet for it.... and it ends up being a Palladium Silver Edition 1! That nobody has grabbed yet! ARE YOU EXCITED? I AM!

So... I put down some money over the phone for the deposit, two days later I get a call that PDI is done and next day I'm at the dealer.

She is on the showroom floor of course. I walk in and my name is on the car with a "Congratulations!" placard, surprised me. I get right to the paperwork and as I'm reading/signing about 6-8 people keep getting into my car (a bit infuriating, but whatever). One guy said "I'll take it" but was told "Nope, that guy already bought it!" ---> I'm that guy. Heh.

The sales/finance people messed up a few times, gave me wrong numbers/etc, confused this car for something else as it shows up as C63P in the system, etc. I don't care to go over the boring details. Standard back-and-forth dealer stuff.

Anyway, I won't bore you with the financials (still hurts a bit) so we go on to the crappy phone pix at delivery:

Quick review: HOLY ***** THIS THING IS A SEXY ROCKET.

This is my first MB, first car with 500hp+ (previous was EvoX MR). This thing looks, feels, sounds SEXY. I'm in love.

The Edition 1 is INCREDIBLE and well appointed, has pretty much everything I was looking for and most packages/options I wanted so I didn't pass it up. The performance exhaust is kinda cool, I just switch it to loud-mode all the time: I start the car, switch to S and hit the exhaust button. Haven't figured out if theres a way to make this default. SO MANY GADGETS. Need time to learn everything.

Anyone know how to turn this auto-shutoff Eco-bull**** off? If I want the engine to turn off, I'll turn it off when I park.

*** NOW THE SAD PANDA MOMENT ***
The car has 175 miles, this is day #2 of ownership... the stupid "shade" on the panoramic roof (which I honestly don't care for) has jammed up.

This doesn't look normal:

Here's the video of this awesomeness in action:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3kzw8jvz7...45.48.mp4?dl=0

It seems something with the rolling mechanism either jumped off the rail or got tangled. I am NOT excited to have to go back to the dealer, have them keep the car for X days, rip apart the headliner and all that **** just to fix this. COME ON. I don't even know how this happened? Opened it for like the 3rd time ever, then bam it wont go back to closed. Ugh.

So thats my story and I'm sticking by it. I love this car. I've dreamed about owning an AMG for a very long time. And I'm happy and lucky to have caught this baby so easily without much prepwork (to you guy still waiting for delivery, sorry!).

Even though I wasn't 100% set on getting this car vs anything else in particular, I'm glad I didn't hesitate and I think I made a good choice.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Currently Looking
Awesome car bro!

Congrats on the E1 -- its looking nice. The pano issue sucks and hurt my eyes just watching that video. I have no doubt they'll take care of the pano issue for you. Enjoy in good health.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:57 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C63S E1; 2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by mozy
Hey all, new member, first post, first MB+AMG. I'll try to keep it quick (likely not).

I'm both incredibly happy and a tiny bit disappointed.

I've been shopping for a new car for a year. Cross shopping 400-500hp cars of all makes/models in $60-$90k range, bla bla (same old story, insert M3/ATS-V/Hellcat/etc thoughts). I wasn't really eyeing the C63S in particular, though I have watched more on-the-clock hours of YouTube reviews than my management would approve. Summary: I wanted a V8.

I was browsing cars.com one day and noticed two C63's listed at a local dealer. Called them up and they said one is spoken for, the other one is still on the truck. Asked him to send me the build sheet for it.... and it ends up being a Palladium Silver Edition 1! That nobody has grabbed yet! ARE YOU EXCITED? I AM!

So... I put down some money over the phone for the deposit, two days later I get a call that PDI is done and next day I'm at the dealer.

She is on the showroom floor of course. I walk in and my name is on the car with a "Congratulations!" placard, surprised me. I get right to the paperwork and as I'm reading/signing about 6-8 people keep getting into my car (a bit infuriating, but whatever). One guy said "I'll take it" but was told "Nope, that guy already bought it!" ---> I'm that guy. Heh.

The sales/finance people messed up a few times, gave me wrong numbers/etc, confused this car for something else as it shows up as C63P in the system, etc. I don't care to go over the boring details. Standard back-and-forth dealer stuff.

Anyway, I won't bore you with the financials (still hurts a bit) so we go on to the crappy phone pix at delivery:

Quick review: HOLY ***** THIS THING IS A SEXY ROCKET.

This is my first MB, first car with 500hp+ (previous was EvoX MR). This thing looks, feels, sounds SEXY. I'm in love.

The Edition 1 is INCREDIBLE and well appointed, has pretty much everything I was looking for and most packages/options I wanted so I didn't pass it up. The performance exhaust is kinda cool, I just switch it to loud-mode all the time: I start the car, switch to S and hit the exhaust button. Haven't figured out if theres a way to make this default. SO MANY GADGETS. Need time to learn everything.

Anyone know how to turn this auto-shutoff Eco-bull**** off? If I want the engine to turn off, I'll turn it off when I park.

*** NOW THE SAD PANDA MOMENT ***
The car has 175 miles, this is day #2 of ownership... the stupid "shade" on the panoramic roof (which I honestly don't care for) has jammed up.

This doesn't look normal:

Here's the video of this awesomeness in action:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3kzw8jvz7...45.48.mp4?dl=0

It seems something with the rolling mechanism either jumped off the rail or got tangled. I am NOT excited to have to go back to the dealer, have them keep the car for X days, rip apart the headliner and all that **** just to fix this. COME ON. I don't even know how this happened? Opened it for like the 3rd time ever, then bam it wont go back to closed. Ugh.

So thats my story and I'm sticking by it. I love this car. I've dreamed about owning an AMG for a very long time. And I'm happy and lucky to have caught this baby so easily without much prepwork (to you guy still waiting for delivery, sorry!).

Even though I wasn't 100% set on getting this car vs anything else in particular, I'm glad I didn't hesitate and I think I made a good choice.
Welcome to the club. Sorry about your roof.

For eco mode defeat, you have 2 choices. First, program your "individual mode" to something other than the comfort setting, then each time you start the car, push the mode select bar up once and there you are. Alternatively, you can leave the car in comfort mode (in which it always starts) and press the button on the right of the wheel /mouse that has an "A" surrounded by a circular arrow.

Actually, the auto start /stop function on the C63 is really well implemented compared to the M3/4. It was quite rough c and abrupt on the M and it is very smooth and fluid on the C.

Cheers
Old 06-07-2015, 02:17 AM

C63s amg Edition 1
The car really looks amazing!! I love the colour with the Edition 1 pack (I have not seen pics in this combination before). It appear to look very different depending on the light and angle - sometimes silvery gray, some with a slight bronze tinge to it???
Enjoy and I hope MB do not have to pull the car apart too much to fix the roof...
Old 06-07-2015, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Wow the car is stunning . Palladium was my original choice with the NSP, black wheels and C/F spoiler. I ended up with polar white instead.
Sorry to hear about your issues with the Pano roof which I'm sure will be fixed promptly when you take it back.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:18 AM

C63s amg Edition 1
I was the same as Will617. I was agonising over Palladium Silver or Polar white and finally chose Polar white. Seeing how good the Palladium looks with the Edition 1 pack, I am starting to second guess myself again....
Beautiful looking car irablumberg!!!
Old 06-07-2015, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Congratulaaaations

That simply looks amazing and soo soo sexxxxy !!!
Old 06-07-2015, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 551 Likes on 376 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Awesome color choice! I've been debating Iridium Silver or Palladium Silver as color choices for my C63S. My last 4 cars have all been Palladium so I was looking for a change, but Palladium looks so good on this vehicle that I'm going to stick with that again.

Last edited by HBerman; 06-07-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Civic Si / 14 Jeep GC SRT / 16 C63s (Dead) / 17 C63s (Ordered)
Congratulations! The car looks sick...I have been debating between Palladium Silver and Polar White...I just can't decide.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:11 AM

2012 C63 Edition 1 coupe
WOW!!! car looks awesome bro! Welcome to the forum!! I'm looking into trading in my 2012 Matte black Edition 1 coupe for a new one like yours. I haven't seen ANY NEW edition 1's out here in Orange County. Have fun with the car man, once you go AMG there's no turning back!!! Lol
Old 06-07-2015, 12:07 PM

2015 C63S
Congrats man!! Post some pictures of the inside!
Old 06-07-2015, 12:43 PM

C63P
Thanks to everyone for the compliments!

Yes, the color is incredible in all lights and angles. I love it and don't regret it. But I would have taken White as well! You can't go wrong!

Here's something I didn't mention before:

I got SUPER lucky because I didn't pre-order the car. They didn't have time to mark it up, I got it for MSRP which is $87,535:
$71,900 C63P
$720 Palladium Silver
$13,990 for P97 Edition 1
$925 destination
---
$87,535

I didn't want to haggle too much for it as I was not expecting them to budge on something this new/limited.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:29 PM

Limbo
Wow, that looks stunning! I've never been a fan of Palladium, but after seeing those pics, I'm rethinking my color choice.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
03 Lexus IS300 (old faithful) / 91 3000GT VR-4 / 14 CLA45 AMG / 11 BMW X6M
I got mine for around the same price.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C63s E1 Irridium silver, 2008 C300 rwd, 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 S line premium, 2002 Renault LagunaII
Congratulations! Very lucky of you to have the E1 without having ordered in advance. I ordered mine in February 2014! Also your car has all the E1 trims, decals, body stripe, black spoiler that most of us are missing and still waiting. I see that your stripes are grey coloured? I've noticed the white ones have black stripes. Wonder what colour will mine be. My car is Iridium Silver coloured.

Last edited by profi; 06-07-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:47 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C63S E1; 2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by profi
Congratulations! Very lucky of you to have the E1 without having ordered in advance. I ordered mine in February 2014! Also your car has all the E1 trims, decals, body stripe, black spoiler that most of us are missing and still waiting. I see that your stripes are grey coloured? I've noticed the white ones have black stripes. Wonder what colour will mine be. My car is Iridium Silver coloured.

See this thread for photos of the Iridium Silver E1 in the US.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-c...ition-1-a.html
Old 06-07-2015, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Congrats! Are you located in Connecticut?
Old 06-08-2015, 12:53 AM

C63P
Originally Posted by JPMBenz
Congrats! Are you located in Connecticut?
Thanks! No, I'm in Northern California (Sacramento to be exact).

Last edited by mozy; 06-08-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:00 AM

C63P
Originally Posted by profi
Thank you! I am indeed very lucky and thankful to have been able to catch this beauty.

Yes the stripes are grey, they have grown on me and I'm sticking with them.

The pic you linked has red on the side skirts, thats new to me and kind of cool too. Is that yet another variation or custom?

Another thing about my car, my only question is since it has the "night package" why are my exhaust tips chrome? No big deal really but it seems kind of odd that it would be left out. The online car builder has black tips if you select this package on a C63S.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63 S
Wow! Palladium Silver look incredible on the edition 1. Congrats
Old 06-08-2015, 08:13 AM
g-f

996TT
Let the *** kicking begin!
Old 06-08-2015, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Thanks! No, I'm in Northern California (Sacramento to be exact).

Ah ok! There is a dealership in Fairfield CT. I thought you were repping the Northeast with me! Haha
Old 06-08-2015, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
You would think that they would have locked the doors or told the people not to get into it. You should of yelled at them "Get the hell out of my car!" . Looks amazing though mozy, glad you finally found a car and you enjoy it greatly.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:07 PM

C63P
So I'm debating whether to get the panorama sun-shade fixed... and have them tear apart the ENTIRE headliner as I've been reading about on other W205-chassis posts... and possibly introducing more random noises later on (there is always that scary possibility). Do I really want this? I never wanted a sunroof...

Or... I'm just going to have the entire roof wrapped in a solid color like gloss black or maybe carbon-fiber-fakery. And forget about it?

Reading posts like this:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ade-issue.html

This doesn't give me much hope.

And it appears that the front shade runs back and forth but the rear doesn't move at all, I'll have to check again but that appears to be what broke on mine.

This is how it SHOULD work for those curious (took a while to find):

What do you guys think....
Old 06-08-2015, 09:08 PM

2015 C63s E1 Irridium silver, 2008 C300 rwd, 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 S line premium, 2002 Renault LagunaII
Thank you! I am indeed very lucky and thankful to have been able to catch this beauty.

Yes the stripes are grey, they have grown on me and I'm sticking with them.

The pic you linked has red on the side skirts, thats new to me and kind of cool too. Is that yet another variation or custom?

Another thing about my car, my only question is since it has the "night package" why are my exhaust tips chrome? No big deal really but it seems kind of odd that it would be left out. The online car builder has black tips if you select this package on a C63S.
The red line on the side skirt is temporary experiment. I have removed it. Going to try thinner strip.
I prefer the chrome exhaust. Black tips will not be visible enough.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new 2015 C63S Edition 1