C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My experiences w my c63s ED1

Old 06-11-2015, 10:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
03 Lexus IS300 (old faithful) / 91 3000GT VR-4 / 14 CLA45 AMG / 11 BMW X6M
My experiences w my c63s ED1

So I have had my car for around 4 days now. Polar white ED 1. Here are my feelings on the car.

First off this is one of the most comfortable sports sedans I have ever driven. The seats are very comfortable, and the ride feels so nice and sporty. I could easily make this car my daily driver if I did not live in the northeast. The cockpit is such a nice place to be, it doesn't seem to spacey, you fit in there nice and tight but very comfortable.

I love the handling of the car, it really feels like you are glued to the road. The steering feels great too. You can put the car right where you want it to be.

After looking at images online and comparing it to my CLA45 (which had some nice exterior mods including some badass ADV1s) I thought the CLA45 looked more aggressive. WRONG, the ED1 c63 looks wayyyy more badass than my modded CLA45 in person. I do not feel short changed at all with the styling.

The motor sounds great, the valved exhaust really works great. The car is a little too quiet for me though, it looks like this car has 4 CATS and I am sure they really muffle the exhaust note (similar to the set up on my x6m). I assume when downpipes are added this car will sound like a beast!

Throttle response is great, from a stop in 1st gear there is ZERO lag.

I am extremely happy with my new ride, I really really am in love with the edition 1 package. A HUGE thank you to JP for telling me that the dealership was getting this car! WO his help I wouldn't have been able to get this car in the exact color I wanted.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Glad it all worked out!
Old 06-11-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
C63P
Hey! Week-old Palladium Silver E1 here.

I share the same thoughts and feelings. This car is INCREDIBLE. I do daily it. Had an EvoX MR before that and the ride was brutal on long commutes. This car has tight body-hugging sports seats and they are the most comfortable seats I have ever been in!

Other than my nasty encounter with the pano roof shade I love everything about the car. This baby MOVES. The comments I get range from confusion ("Is that a C class? Why does it look like that"?) to awe ("Wow thats a nice sound!") and everywhere in between. It looks mean but still somewhat understated even with the red accents and stripes on the sides.

I usually mod every car I have just to make it "my own" but this one has everything I need or will need. No need to change wheels (these stock ones are sweeeeeeeeet), drop (barely any wheel gap) or exhaust (ok MAYBE this one I might do... just a bit more noise is good).

Congrats on your sweet ride!
Old 06-11-2015, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by mozy
Hey! Week-old Palladium Silver E1 here.

I share the same thoughts and feelings. This car is INCREDIBLE. I do daily it. Had an EvoX MR before that and the ride was brutal on long commutes. This car has tight body-hugging sports seats and they are the most comfortable seats I have ever been in!

Other than my nasty encounter with the pano roof shade I love everything about the car. This baby MOVES. The comments I get range from confusion ("Is that a C class? Why does it look like that"?) to awe ("Wow thats a nice sound!") and everywhere in between. It looks mean but still somewhat understated even with the red accents and stripes on the sides.

I usually mod every car I have just to make it "my own" but this one has everything I need or will need. No need to change wheels (these stock ones are sweeeeeeeeet), drop (barely any wheel gap) or exhaust (ok MAYBE this one I might do... just a bit more noise is good).

Congrats on your sweet ride!

"incredible" is the correct word. I have had the opportunity to drive some really awesome cars, Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, you name it. I would def rank the new c63s up there with one of the best cars I have had the opportunity to drive. Feeling very fortunate that I own one!
Old 06-11-2015, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLA
Sweet, any more thoughts in comparison with the CLA45? Originally was thinking about picking up a CLA/GLA45 for a daily driver but i stumbled upon the thew C63.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by M-type
Sweet, any more thoughts in comparison with the CLA45? Originally was thinking about picking up a CLA/GLA45 for a daily driver but i stumbled upon the thew C63.
There is no comparison. If you don't have to deal w the snow get a c63. Don't get me wrong I loved my CLA but it is no where near the 63
Old 06-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Congrats and enjoy!
Old 06-11-2015, 04:51 PM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
2006 C55
Awesome! Thanks for your insight on the car. Enjoy