Sponsored by:

Performance exhaust vs non performance exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 10:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
Performance exhaust vs non performance exhaust

On Tuesday I got to hear the sound of a C63S with the performance exhaust as a owner was taking delivery, and today I checked out the C63 (Non performance exhaust) in my dealerships showroom. So here's my opinion of the performance exhaust compared to the non performance exhaust.

The performance exhaust definitely sounds louder and more aggressive even with the flaps closed. The non performance exhaust c63 sounds amazing, but you can't compare it to the performance exhaust. Therefore in my opinion the performance exhaust is worth every cent! Here are some pics I took and a video of the C63 (Non performance exhaust). Didn't take a video of the performance exhaust C63S (My bad) so I'll update this thread with a video of my C63S once it arrives so that you can compare the two sounds. (I'll include my first impressions etc in a different thread. I promise the pictures will be better than these ones lol).

Last edited by kuba.95; 06-18-2015 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Limbo
Jeebus, that's the quieter one?

My neighbors (who live above my garage) are going to LOVE me.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Delurker
Jeebus, that's the quieter one?
Yup lol.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
I test drove one today and I was amazed of the sound and it did not have the performance exhaust. Lots of pops and crackles when downshifting.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Audi S4
I feel like if you plan on getting aftermarket exhaust, the "performance" exhaust would be a waste.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:42 PM

bmw
the perf exhaust sounds just like the one u have a video of when i heard it lol.. weird
Old 06-18-2015, 11:42 PM

bmw
kuba what did you think of the white colour?
Old 06-19-2015, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bespoke88
the perf exhaust sounds just like the one u have a video of when i heard it lol.. weird
Haha weird. Sounded different for me when I heard both of them. The performance exhaust seemed to be louder and more aggressive in my opinion.

kuba what did you think of the white colour?
I seriously loved the white color. It's now my second favorite color after black
Old 06-19-2015, 01:57 AM

C63S
Hi bro, I ordered a c63s in Toronto are they going to have the performance exhaust??
Old 06-19-2015, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by KSHi
Hi bro, I ordered a c63s in Toronto are they going to have the performance exhaust??
Yes. Every C63S in Canada comes with the performance exhaust.

As for the normal C63. The performance exhaust isn't available on them.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:04 AM

bmw
Originally Posted by kuba.95
Haha weird. Sounded different for me when I heard both of them. The performance exhaust seemed to be louder and more aggressive in my opinion.

I seriously loved the white color. It's now my second favorite color after black
I am having the hardest time between black and white as well - i like black more tbh, I just dont think i can keep up with the upkeep i wash my car once a week MAX lol.. and I live in Canada like you so the winters = super dirty car
Old 06-19-2015, 02:05 AM

bmw
I am also debating between which black - what made you pick obsidan?
Old 06-19-2015, 02:06 AM

I am having the hardest time between black and white as well - i like black more tbh, I just dont think i can keep up with the upkeep i wash my car once a week MAX lol.. and I live in Canada like you so the winters = super dirty car
The metallic black isn't too had to keep clean surprisingly. I wash my CLA about once a week or every 2 weeks. The awesome thing about it is that from a distance you don't notice the dirt etc. Only once you get extremely close to it do you notice the dirty etc.

I am also debating between which black - what made you pick obsidan?
Looks far better in my opinion. Also my cousin has a normal black volvo. Damn that thing gets dirty, and it's easy to notice that. The dirt on my CLA on the other hand isn't as noticeable, and I usually only notice it when Im right next to the car.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:07 AM

bmw
Do you notice a lot of scratches and swirls? I think I might clear bra mine if i get black
Old 06-19-2015, 02:08 AM

Do you notice a lot of scratches and swirls? I think I might clear bra mine if i get black
Haven't really noticed any scratches, and I barely notice any swirls if I clean the car properly.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:11 AM

bmw
You are making the black very very attractive right now lol.

Is the cla 45 the same black paint as the C? gold flakes? I saw one in the sunlight - on a different car e class.. sometimes it can kind of look like dust or dirty particles in the sunlight to me

Any news on your car btw and which dealership are u picking it up from?
Old 06-19-2015, 02:16 AM

You are making the black very very attractive right now lol.

Is the cla 45 the same black paint as the C? gold flakes? I saw one in the sunlight - on a different car e class.. sometimes it can kind of look like dust or dirty particles in the sunlight to me

Any news on your car btw and which dealership are u picking it up from?
It's different. It's called Cosmos Black or something like that lol.
Here are a few pics of how the car looked during the winter time and when it was extremely dirty lol (3 weeks of not washing it once D: )

As for my car. So far no news on it. Going to call Steven tomorrow to see if he has any news. Also I ordered the car at Weber Motors.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:19 AM

bmw
That actually looks good for winter not bad not bad!

When you get your car let me know what you think - I have about a month or so before my order locks up.

So I could potentially change to white lol. I probably won't get a chance to see one in person before the month is up.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:22 AM

That actually looks good for winter not bad not bad!

When you get your car let me know what you think - I have about a month or so before my order locks up.

So I could potentially change to white lol. I probably won't get a chance to see one in person before the month is up.
Yup. I was expecting it to be hell to keep the car clean, but honestly it's not that hard. Even during the winter months I didn't have to wash it too often.

Will do. Don't know if it'll come within a month though considering my luck.

I'll never purchase a white vehicle for one reason. My dads VW Golf Wagon is white, and damn. That thing shows dirt so easily etc. Don't know how MB colors handle it though. Would have to ask Amanuuh about that lol.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:25 AM

bmw
I like the white a lot too - espically with NSP. White is a very easy colour to maintain imo.

I wouldn't do the white with all the chrome though i think it looks bad... however with the black im okay with the chrome i think it works.

infact i think its better then NSP on the black - otherwise too black for me.. no contrast
Old 06-19-2015, 02:28 AM

I like the white a lot too - espically with NSP. White is a very easy colour to maintain imo.

I wouldn't do the white with all the chrome though i think it looks bad... however with the black im okay with the chrome i think it works.

infact i think its better then NSP on the black - otherwise too black for me.. no contrast
After seeing the white in person. I agree with you. It looks amazing. With NSP it would look even better, but it'll never conquer my love for black cars haha. The only color that would make me second guess buying a black car is a red (the color would need to be extremely special), or the mustard color (only car I'd get in that color would be a M4. For some reason it looks good on it lol).
Old 06-19-2015, 02:31 AM

bmw
The only thing with black its going to get mistaken even more then usual as a normal c class unless they hear the exhaust lol.

I think with white its easier to tell
Old 06-19-2015, 02:37 AM

The only thing with black its going to get mistaken even more then usual as a normal c class unless they hear the exhaust lol.

I think with white its easier to tell
Possibly. Although Zibby's review is making me think that a black car won't be mistaken as a normal c class based off these quotes.

"The W205 C63 looks great in person. The flame surfacing on MB's most recent designs may not be overly photogenic but in person, it's gorgeous. It oozes class. There's no way any enthusiast is going to confuse this car with a C400. The A-wing front splitter and twin power domes on the hood are some of the most readily identifiable cues that the W205 C63 is not your ordinary Benz. The single, split-blade, AMG-badge adorned grille is a really nice touch too."

"Paint was Obsidian. Paint was in flawless condition. I'm a sucker for silver so I'm leaning toward Iridium. That said, both white options and both black options are on the table now. With the way AMG designed the exterior, the black really doesn't hide any of the car's lines or details (which is a huge plus in my eyes)."