Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 04:34 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Interesting...

Wouldn't all the available high tech film coverings protect against "bat droppings" as well as most scratches and chip damage.

I've also been researching this topic at length for my future AMG acquisition and also to get done to a couple of my existing cars and for what it's worth I'm pretty much going to do one of full film coverings despite the high cost, it seems to be the best choice for ultimate protection and will also look as good as any of the ceramic application products.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:25 AM

Received 117 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by AV1
Interesting...

Wouldn't all the available high tech film coverings protect against "bat droppings" as well as most scratches and chip damage.

I've also been researching this topic at length for my future AMG acquisition and also to get done to a couple of my existing cars and for what it's worth I'm pretty much going to do one of full film coverings despite the high cost, it seems to be the best choice for ultimate protection and will also look as good as any of the ceramic application products.
I've had the clear car bra kit before on my black show car wrx. It was a pre cut kit and custom application to front bar.

With a pre cut kit I would say it was 95% invisible and it stayed clear for the two or so years.

It was only noticible on the edges when looking down the line of film.

My intension is to treat my C63S with Fusion to get a glass finish on the black paint and protect the leather, fabric and vinyl.

Once the Fusion cures on the paint I am also completely wrapping the car to protect from scratches and chips.

My concern is that the clear wrap will dull off the gloss of the factory paint once applied hence why I want to get the Fusion on first to increase the gloss and protect the interior.

I didn't go into this in my last entry because it was like an essay as it was.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by jeremyf0923
I just had my C63 ceramic coated today with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black and my wheels coated with Gtechniq Wheel Armour. The Crystal Serum comes with an 8 year guarantee (better than CQuartz Finest). I had an amazing shop (Insane Paint Auto Detailing) in Birmingham, AL make a house call - spent 8 hours in my garage prepping my car and applying the CS Black. I don't think I have ever met anyone with as much passion for car detailing as the owner of this shop.

Anyway, they did an outstanding job (IMHO) and the Diamond White Metallic never looked so good! Here's some pics:

Jeremy
Car looks great. But why would you have to turn to a shop on Alabama? You couldn't find anyone in Atlanta? I'm here as well
So what was cost? Thx
Old 03-28-2016, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
We love all makes and models.
Originally Posted by Carbon8
Anyone have any close up pictures after putting on a clear bra? Never had one, cane you tell when its on, paint still shine as deeply? Texture/feel different than paint does etc...?
If applied correctly, its nearly invisible. This is XPEL ULTIMATE
Paint Protection for C63s-ferrari488gtbclearbraxpelimg_5613.jpg
Paint Protection for C63s-bmwm3clearbraxpel2015img_5632.jpg
Paint Protection for C63s-xpel_porsche_gt3rs_ultraviolet_purple_ultimate_prime_img_6614.jpg

Originally Posted by RDO247
Hey everyone,

- Is there warranty provided and does it cover bat droppings? (Companies will say "nothing protects against bat droppings" but reputable products will warrant against bat dropping damage)
- If a bat dropping damages my paint and needs paint repair will the warranty cover professional repainting? (Confirm professional repairs are cover by the warranty and not just re-application of the product after owner organizes and pays for the repair)
- Is there maintenance or inspections required to maintain warranty and is there a cost for these? (Normally not disclosed at time of purchase)
- Calculate maintenance costs (if any) over 5 year period and add to initial purchase price (I've been stung before)
ULTIMATE is warrantied for 10 years against, yellowing, staining, cracking, peeling, delaminating. It works well against droppings, bug acids, swirl marks, fine scratches and more.

Not maintenance per say, but you can wax or use a sealant on top of XPEL

IF there is any film warranty issues, we will have an XPEL certified installer remove and replace if necessary. The warranty includes both film and labor (to the installer).

Originally Posted by RDO247
I've had the clear car bra kit before on my black show car wrx. It was a pre cut kit and custom application to front bar.

With a pre cut kit I would say it was 95% invisible and it stayed clear for the two or so years.

It was only noticeable on the edges when looking down the line of film.

My intension is to treat my C63S with Fusion to get a glass finish on the black paint and protect the leather, fabric and vinyl.

Once the Fusion cures on the paint I am also completely wrapping the car to protect from scratches and chips.

My concern is that the clear wrap will dull off the gloss of the factory paint once applied hence why I want to get the Fusion on first to increase the gloss and protect the interior.

I didn't go into this in my last entry because it was like an essay as it was.
We'd definitely recommend having the film installed first, then applying any coating of your choice. If you apply a coating first, there is a possibility the film may have adhesion issues.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:03 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
2021 GLE53; 2018 Audi R8 V10 Plus
Originally Posted by ROMEO550
Jeremy
Car looks great. But why would you have to turn to a shop on Alabama? You couldn't find anyone in Atlanta? I'm here as well
So what was cost? Thx
Buddy of mine turned me on to this shop in AL. Saw the work they did online and spoke to the owner several times over phone and text. Incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about his business. He charged me only his cost for gas to make the house call (3 1/2 hrs each way). No chance I was passing up that deal. They charged me $1,250 to decontaminate the car (spent 3 hours doing so on brand new car - attention to detail was off the charts), crystal serum black on entire car, and wheel armour on all wheels. Was well worth the money. They spent over 8 hours total on the car. Now I hand wash and dry - and I'm done. Don't even detail spray - doesn't need it. Feels like I just waxed it every time!
The following 2 users liked this post by jeremyf0923:
AMG 17GT (03-30-2016), Heisenberg (04-05-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti QX56

Originally Posted by Sanch
Had it for 2 weeks and opted for Ceramic Pro. The other product is far superior and has a lifetime warranty. YouTube some videos.

Perma is just a standard wax protection.

Interior and wheels/breaks were also protected with ceramic pro.

Polar white C63S with Ceramic Pro applied to paint and wheels. The light isn't great in these shots but the finish looks really good in person. If you're in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill region of North Carolina you should look up Bryan Prato at ATD Detailing in Garner. Did a superb job.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:09 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
Originally Posted by PaulNC

Polar white C63S with Ceramic Pro applied to paint and wheels. The light isn't great in these shots but the finish looks really good in person. If you're in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill region of North Carolina you should look up Bryan Prato at ATD Detailing in Garner. Did a superb job.

dang, this looks awesome ! I have ceramic pro applied but doesn't look as good imo, haha due to all the invisible dust we have over here ;p