C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know when the MY17 C63S coupe will be out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Well, after dropping off my c63 to get serviced I saw my dealer rep and he said any given day now my order will be submitted. Also said it should be built by end of March for May delivery. Let's hope he is right.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:20 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
Well, after dropping off my c63 to get serviced I saw my dealer rep and he said any given day now my order will be submitted. Also said it should be built by end of March for May delivery. Let's hope he is right.
Well that's even better!!! Which dealership are you going through? Whereabouts are you?
Old 01-05-2016, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Thats pretty good, my guy in Sydney still hasn't come back to me regarding ordering details/specs and delivery dates.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Originally Posted by RHRAUS
Well that's even better!!! Which dealership are you going through? Whereabouts are you?
I'm in Brisbane. Going through toowong Mercedes. I bought my current c63 and e class through the valley but always had poor customer service. Toowong Merc looks after my cars now. Hands down best customer service dealer.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:36 AM

BMW X5
I'm in Brisbane. Going through toowong Mercedes. I bought my current c63 and e class through the valley but always had poor customer service. Toowong Merc looks after my cars now. Hands down best customer service dealer.
Yes I've heard they're the no.1 dealer in town and as a result get allocated more cars and earlier than other dealers in town. I ended up at the valley due to my location but of course have since moved over to the westside after paying my deposit which is a bit annoying. Good news for you though with that in mind and from what they've told you. Look forward to some more updates from your end
Old 01-07-2016, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 coupe
I'm in Australia and have been told early 2nd quarter 2016.
I received a call yesterday to pick the specs on my coupe order. Merc told me that it will be manufactured in April and delivered in June. This is from Mercedes in Parramatta, Sydney. They will be bringing in only 5 in there first batch apparently. Also edition one is only available in the DTM version with no changes allowed.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:11 AM

BMW X5
Originally Posted by Momanc
I received a call yesterday to pick the specs on my coupe order. Merc told me that it will be manufactured in April and delivered in June. This is from Mercedes in Parramatta, Sydney. They will be bringing in only 5 in there first batch apparently. Also edition one is only available in the DTM version with no changes allowed.
Thanks for the update Momanc. That's a similar timeline to what was mentioned previously, so perhaps the early 2nd quarter for delivery I was initially role last year was them being a bit optimistic. Probably too early to know back then anyway so it was anyone's guess.

It would be great if you could update us once you get your order book and confirm details.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Momanc
Thanks for the update, that's awesome and congratulations!

I have to contact my guy at Mercedes Mosman. Are you going to pre-order the coupe?

I'm always hesitant, I want to see how it looks in real and test drive it so I can compare it to my current sedan. The coupe looks great in pictures though!

Last edited by Sanch; 01-07-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:55 PM

BMW X5
Spoke to my bloke at MB Fortitude Valley today and the news wasn't so good, but at the same time I'm not too surprised.

He said that there's been 4 coupes allocated to them due to arrive in May/June. 1 of which will be their demonstrator. So the other 3 will go to the first in line and then if they don't take them they'll be offered to the next in line and so on. So I'm 7th on the list so it looks like it might be late in the year before I'll be getting mine.

On top of that at this stage it looks like the first 4 they've been allocated can't have any of the specs changed as they're frozen on the system, but they're seeking confirmation on that. That might be one reason someone in the top 3 on the list might pass them up I guess if they're stuck on a certain spec.

Does anyone know the rules around being able to get my full deposit back (not just the holding deposit)? I'm assuming I'm locked in now or at best would lose a portion of it if I wanted to go elsewhere as it's starting to drag on a bit too long now for me I'm thinking.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Spoke to my bloke at MB Fortitude Valley today and the news wasn't so good, but at the same time I'm not too surprised.

He said that there's been 4 coupes allocated to them due to arrive in May/June. 1 of which will be their demonstrator. So the other 3 will go to the first in line and then if they don't take them they'll be offered to the next in line and so on. So I'm 7th on the list so it looks like it might be late in the year before I'll be getting mine.

On top of that at this stage it looks like the first 4 they've been allocated can't have any of the specs changed as they're frozen on the system, but they're seeking confirmation on that. That might be one reason someone in the top 3 on the list might pass them up I guess if they're stuck on a certain spec.

Does anyone know the rules around being able to get my full deposit back (not just the holding deposit)? I'm assuming I'm locked in now or at best would lose a portion of it if I wanted to go elsewhere as it's starting to drag on a bit too long now for me I'm thinking.
I've heard that the coupe already has a lot of interest, no doubt there will be delays in the orders.

Did they give you a time frame you are meant to get your car? - I'm pretty sure you can request for all your money back if they don't meet it.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:16 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE

Damn, that's a shame RHRAUS, as you said not surprising I suppose with the obvious demand and all. I'm quite lucky, mine is still set for delivery in March so fingers crossed all goes well. Not sure how it works for you guys over there but for me because my order is locked in I can't get my deposit back, would assume it's the same situation for you.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:49 AM

BMW X5
Yes not surprised by this due to how the sedan has rolled out, plus I think I always knew the initial 2nd quarter ETA wasn't based on much but just what the media had been suggesting seeing it was early stages.

In regards to Sanch's comment about a timeline it wasn't anything more than 2nd quarter 2016 so I don't believe I can get the deposit back now and will just have to wait it out.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:50 AM

BMW X5
I should also add that the deposit paid was initially for the sedan but then I switched to the coupe so definitely committed.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Just be aware of the service charges around Brisbane - after a quick ring around for a B1 service I found Toowong to be the highest.

I also found the actual dealer service at the Valley lacking. No follow up call after a purchase, car delivered with a dent etc. BMW across the road, on the other hand, gave me A1 service and price with quite possibly the best and most straighforward transaction in my life. Have not purchased a car from Toowong so cant comment on that side of things.

Last edited by grizzly111; 01-13-2016 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:24 AM

C63
Does anyone interested in the coupe in Austrlaia think they will be able to secure a discount on the first batch given the mooted demand ?

I know it's a new model, so normally everyone would say no...list price only. But then they said the same about the sedan which it came out and people could get those for 7-10k off list

Yes I've heard they're the no.1 dealer in town and as a result get allocated more cars and earlier than other dealers in town. I ended up at the valley due to my location but of course have since moved over to the westside after paying my deposit which is a bit annoying. Good news for you though with that in mind and from what they've told you. Look forward to some more updates from your end
Old 01-16-2016, 08:17 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by A100
Does anyone interested in the coupe in Austrlaia think they will be able to secure a discount on the first batch given the mooted demand ?

I know it's a new model, so normally everyone would say no...list price only. But then they said the same about the sedan which it came out and people could get those for 7-10k off list
Say what ?????

Sorry but where do you get any such information of "mooted" demand for the new C205 C63S Coupe here in Australia

From info I have as recent as this weekend, all of the initial production batch/batches destined for Australia this year are already sold out...if this is indeed the situation you have no hope on any movement of set pricing or discounts !

Not sure what Capital City your in but if your dealer receives surplus stock which they cannot move (I highly doubt it) then you may be lucky enough to get a discount - although I doubt that either unless you are a repeat MB/AMG customer you might receive some.

The other important aspect you need to consider is with the recent renaming and expanding of the AMG model product line a lot more people will be able to afford and therefore buy the lower end AMG models, that too will definitely work against any price discounting on the top tier AMG models.

Wish you all the best of luck with it either way, speaking for myself not too concerned at all about pricing and/or wait periods, I'm just waiting for the latter mid life updates model variants to be released
Old 01-16-2016, 08:24 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
I should also add that the deposit paid was initially for the sedan but then I switched to the coupe so definitely committed.
Good Move

The coupe is where its at, the best/ultimate variant on offer !!!

You definitely won't regret your decision
Old 01-16-2016, 08:30 PM

BMW X5
Originally Posted by AV1
Good Move

The coupe is where its at, the best/ultimate variant on offer !!!

You definitely won't regret your decision
Thanks AV1. I know it's the best decision in the end. I'm just battling with my most current wave of agonizing pain knowing it may still be months away

Surely there's had to be some kind of support group available for this that I can attend lol.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:08 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Thanks AV1. I know it's the best decision in the end. I'm just battling with my most current wave of agonizing pain knowing it may still be months away

Surely there's had to be some kind of support group available for this that I can attend lol.
Hmmm, maybe you can just pop "appropriate" anxiety control pills over the next 6 months haha joke.

Here in Melbourne initial C205 C63 purchase customers will be receiving their cars around mid year even though they've been told an earlier timeline.

I hope they do get them earlier, just speaking for myself wait periods don't concern me at all especially waiting for something that's very special it actually adds to the excitement and I salivate over that time

Anyway hope all goes well and best of luck with it all, I so much look forward to Australian owners feed back on this car, although by then I may actually get the opportunity for an extended test drive or a take home over the weekend when a demo arrives in my MB dealers showroom
Old 01-17-2016, 01:27 AM

na
Have placed a deposit on a coupe in Aus mid last year. Dealership has called asking me to 'lock in' an order for April build. Delivery July/August.

Edition 1 coupes will only come in magno selenite grey with ccb brakes and motorsport rims with the yellow trim. Have been told roughly $15K for ED1 package.

There is also now a exterior carbon package on top of ED1. which was not the case for sedans.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:39 AM

C63
Thanks. Yes I agree with all your comments. The only qualifier is that much was said about the sedan when it was released, yet many obtained deals pretty quickly.

I'm sure repeat customers will be looked after in some way.

Separately does anyone know if the coupe will come with Apple CarPlay? I wonder if they will install it vs the sedan given its a new model.

Originally Posted by AV1
Say what ?????

Sorry but where do you get any such information of "mooted" demand for the new C205 C63S Coupe here in Australia

From info I have as recent as this weekend, all of the initial production batch/batches destined for Australia this year are already sold out...if this is indeed the situation you have no hope on any movement of set pricing or discounts !

Not sure what Capital City your in but if your dealer receives surplus stock which they cannot move (I highly doubt it) then you may be lucky enough to get a discount - although I doubt that either unless you are a repeat MB/AMG customer you might receive some.

The other important aspect you need to consider is with the recent renaming and expanding of the AMG model product line a lot more people will be able to afford and therefore buy the lower end AMG models, that too will definitely work against any price discounting on the top tier AMG models.

Wish you all the best of luck with it either way, speaking for myself not too concerned at all about pricing and/or wait periods, I'm just waiting for the latter mid life updates model variants to be released
Old 01-17-2016, 02:40 AM

C63
Did they give you an indication on price for the car pre ED1?

Originally Posted by looa06
Have placed a deposit on a coupe in Aus mid last year. Dealership has called asking me to 'lock in' an order for April build. Delivery July/August.

Edition 1 coupes will only come in magno selenite grey with ccb brakes and motorsport rims with the yellow trim. Have been told roughly $15K for ED1 package.

There is also now a exterior carbon package on top of ED1. which was not the case for sedans.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:08 AM

na
Originally Posted by A100
Did they give you an indication on price for the car pre ED1?
Official price list will be out in 3-4 weeks.
Ive held off confirming my order till the option lists come out.

Dealer estimates between 4-6k more than sedan.

Looks like a specced up ED1 Coupe will be close to 200k driveaway
Old 01-17-2016, 03:31 AM

BMW X5
A100 & looa06 what states are you in just for interest?
Old 01-17-2016, 03:36 AM

na
A100 & looa06 what states are you in just for interest?
WA. But I did speak to Sam @ Toowong AMG. He has 6 coupes on order for march build.

3 S / 3 ED1s all magno. he said he has another 25 orders waiting in line for the next build dates etc

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know when the MY17 C63S coupe will be out?