MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   Should I cancel my order? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/606567-should-i-cancel-my-order.html)

PaulNC 11-18-2015 04:45 PM

Should I cancel my order?

So a few weeks ago I put down a deposit on a Polar White C63 S but I'm getting increasingly dismayed by the quality problems my fellow forum members are suffering. Should I cancel my order?

I drove the C63 S back-to-back with the M3 and just felt the C had that magical touch that the M lacked. And it's usually the case that people with problems will share more than people with no problems, so I'm struggling to figure out if this is a statistically significant quality issue or if there are hundreds of new C63 S owners out there with no issues to report....If the dash starts creaking, the speakers rattle, and wind noise starts, I'll be kicking myself for not calling BMW back!

What do you think? Am I getting paranoid?

jimc63s2k16 11-18-2015 05:53 PM

I think you get four years of warranty and no car is perfect.

Originally Posted by PaulNC (Post 6619357)
So a few weeks ago I put down a deposit on a Polar White C63 S but I'm getting increasingly dismayed by the quality problems my fellow forum members are suffering. Should I cancel my order?

I drove the C63 S back-to-back with the M3 and just felt the C had that magical touch that the M lacked. And it's usually the case that people with problems will share more than people with no problems, so I'm struggling to figure out if this is a statistically significant quality issue or if there are hundreds of new C63 S owners out there with no issues to report....If the dash starts creaking, the speakers rattle, and wind noise starts, I'll be kicking myself for not calling BMW back!

Sanch 11-18-2015 06:17 PM

I have had my car for a few months now and have had no problems. Exactly, you do have warranty anyway. I was also torn between the M3 but the C63s interior and sound did it for me. The BMW lacks in both departments imo. Although it looks quite aggressive.

blipit 11-18-2015 08:43 PM

Just so you know the competition isn't immune to rattles either.

Extensive DIY for fixing rattles in new M3/M4.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1031768

jeremyf0923 11-18-2015 09:41 PM

I think many of the issues reported are on MY15's. I also think that this forum draws attention to a handful of cars that have some quirky issues. These issues are not pervasive across all/most of the cars manufactured.

datalink7 11-18-2015 11:41 PM

Most of the problems seem to be MY15. I have a MY16 with 3k miles and have had no problems outside of the wiper chatter (and it isn't all the time... today it rained and no chatter).

mozy 11-19-2015 12:04 AM

You don't see many people posting "MY CAR IS GREAT! ALL WONDERFUL!" even though that is mostly the case. You see the bad because that is what motives people to post and complain.

I've run into a s-h-i-t-load of issues with my MY15 car, but I still love it. In fact it makes me worry less about babying it and lets me just enjoy the drive.

C63 Bi Turbo 11-19-2015 05:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had my 2015 C63 (UK) since June and covered about 8k miles. The wiper chatter on my car stopped after a few days of use and although on bumpy country roads I get a creak from the dash, it's only occasional and a very minor irritation for me.
I've not driven the M3 but for me the C63 is a great car... Love it!!

PaulNC 11-19-2015 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by jeremyf0923 (Post 6619592)
I think many of the issues reported are on MY15's. I also think that this forum draws attention to a handful of cars that have some quirky issues. These issues are not pervasive across all/most of the cars manufactured.

That's what I suspected. Hopefully MB has figured out what's been causing the MY15 kinks so that the MY16s come out out relatively trouble free.

PaulNC 11-19-2015 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by blipit (Post 6619547)
Just so you know the competition isn't immune to rattles either.

Extensive DIY for fixing rattles in new M3/M4.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1031768

Wow! Thanks for posting. Didn't realize the M3/M4 had so many issues too.

AMGc63s177 11-19-2015 11:06 AM

All cars will have some sort of niggle.
My c63s (still in the running in period) seems fine. Its MY16. I've only heard rattling once, coming from the rear cabin area. On most roads, no rattles. In the UK, so not the greatest of road conditions to say the least. The sound of the V8 will put any rattle into the back of your mind.

So, you call BMW back, get an M3... one thing is guaranteed. Artificially channelled engine sound. Stick with the C63 (did you spec the performance exhaust?) and you'll be guaranteed a great v8 rumble, which is half the fun!

PaulNC 11-19-2015 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by AMGc63s177 (Post 6619948)
All cars will have some sort of niggle.
My c63s (still in the running in period) seems fine. Its MY16. I've only heard rattling once, coming from the rear cabin area. On most roads, no rattles. In the UK, so not the greatest of road conditions to say the least. The sound of the V8 will put any rattle into the back of your mind.

So, you call BMW back, get an M3... one thing is guaranteed. Artificially channelled engine sound. Stick with the C63 (did you spec the performance exhaust?) and you'll be guaranteed a great v8 rumble, which is half the fun!

Oh yes, got the performance exhaust. Couldn't agree more re the artificial sound on the M3. I have yet to hear an M3, with or without aftermarket exhaust, that comes anywhere near the AMG rumble of the C63 S! Appreciate the feedback. Good to hear about another positive experience out there...

Trim105 11-19-2015 06:05 PM

Think cancelling your order is a bit much :) You'd probably end up regretting it, and most of these issues seemed to be with the first model year so I doubt you'll see major issues (if any) with yours.

I myself am waiting for my C63 S Coupe and frankly, I can't wait!

Sbpsu354 11-19-2015 09:08 PM

I've read about folks hearing the passanger seat belt tapping against the B pillar which can be annoying. I just learned that there's a magnet in the sport seats at approx shoulder level that holds the metallic end of the seat belt. No more tapping. Very cool

theclutch 11-19-2015 09:09 PM

Seriously? If I ended up cancelling every single car order I've made due to people in the forums complaining.... well, I would be riding a bicycle right now.

Forum *****ing is one of those redundant sets of words. i.e. forum = *****ing (but not limited to, of course).

irablumberg 11-20-2015 12:52 AM

Just to add my $0.02, I had more annoying and unfixed problems with my first year M4 than with my first year C63S. So far, my only C63S problems have been a jammed sunroof shade and a check engine light that needed a new software download.

My M4 had persistent wind noise that BMW could not fix and weak air conditioning that failed to keep the car cool during the hot North Carolina summer.

I'd say you are taking just as big a risk with BMW as with MB in the defect department.

And I do like my C63S much more than the M4.

TEAShea 11-20-2015 10:56 AM

Mine has had no problems -zero. In fact, I am impressed with how well built it is. It always seems that a car has a lot of problems when one looks at an online car forum - Problems are talked about - Goodness is silent.

Philipangoo 11-20-2015 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by TEAShea (Post 6620962)
Mine has had no problems -zero. In fact, I am impressed with how well built it is. It always seems that a car has a lot of problems when one looks at an online car forum - Problems are talked about - Goodness is silent.

You also have a 2016 with alot of members have reported seems to have a lower instance of issues. But honestly I would not be concerned with things like plastic cap pieces falling off and trim pieces rattling I mean in the big picture they don't point to bad issues. Just some factory inconsistencies, but to be honest I would almost trust my self to fix a rattle then some base level tech tearing apart my interior to tighten a panel.

Iceman II 11-21-2015 07:34 PM

2015 C63S here with 4K+ miles. No problems for me and I absolutely love the car. The tires suck -- will need to replace the rears soon :( But that is a different problem. :zoom:

theclutch 11-21-2015 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Iceman II (Post 6622211)
2015 C63S here with 4K+ miles. No problems for me and I absolutely love the car. The tires suck -- will need to replace the rears soon :( But that is a different problem. :zoom:

Michelin pilot sports suck??

Iceman II 11-21-2015 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by theclutch (Post 6622217)
Michelin pilot sports suck??

Talking size, not quality. Also talking about the car. :rolf:

PaulNC 11-22-2015 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by irablumberg (Post 6620695)
Just to add my $0.02, I had more annoying and unfixed problems with my first year M4 than with my first year C63S. So far, my only C63S problems have been a jammed sunroof shade and a check engine light that needed a new software download.

My M4 had persistent wind noise that BMW could not fix and weak air conditioning that failed to keep the car cool during the hot North Carolina summer.

I'd say you are taking just as big a risk with BMW as with MB in the defect department.

And I do like my C63S much more than the M4.

All good points, Ira. I appreciated your reviews of both cars a while back - great information for me while I was making the decision. I am also in NC, so the stronger AC is a must for our long hot summers! Thanks to everyone for putting the forum complaints into some perspective.

Intercooled 11-28-2015 10:46 PM

No don't cancel! Drive a Nissan GT-R daily and you'll never complain about the c63s noises I promise :) Before buying the AMG I really did my homework with other cars in this price range. Besides ...it has the 4.0 v8 : ) Interior and Engine its a no brainer IMO.

irablumberg 11-28-2015 10:51 PM

I agree. My GT-R may have had lots of interior noises, but I could never tell due to the overwhelming tire noise and exhaust drone. The C63 may not be perfect, but relatively speaking, it is just fine.