Harsh standard suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w205 c63s
Harsh standard suspension

Hey guys,

I have noticed after about a few months of owning the new c63s how harsh the suspension is in sport and sport+ modes! Anything other than comfort is not ideal for mine.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what to do ? springs/ coil overs? adjustable springs maybe ?

I suppose if you go coil overs you loose control of dampening control, any springs available in Australia yet that would make it ride nicer?

cheers

Last edited by jlux; 12-30-2015 at 05:39 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63
That is an essence of the car - any performance car. You can use comfort mode.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C63 S AMG W205
One easy solution is to set the "individual" mode differently for suspension to comfort and all the other modes for exhaust, driving, shift points to sport or sport+ - that way you get a softer ride (if that's what you like) and still have the benefits of the faster shift points, lessened electronic nannies and quicker "go pedal".
Old 12-30-2015, 06:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
R8 5.2 6MT
I would just leave it in comfort mode pretty much all of the time. For whatever reason, most people think that the stiffer the suspension the better. This may be the case if you are on a circuit or perhaps if you live in Europe where the roads are in much better condition overall, but here in the land of crappy roads known as the USA, comfort mode will not only be more comfortable, but will also likely allow for better handling since it will absorb the bumps better versus making the car too bouncy and likely reducing your contact patch with the road.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3
I would just leave it in comfort mode pretty much all of the time. For whatever reason, most people think that the stiffer the suspension the better. This may be the case if you are on a circuit or perhaps if you live in Europe where the roads are in much better condition overall, but here in the land of crappy roads known as the USA, comfort mode will not only be more comfortable, but will also likely allow for better handling since it will absorb the bumps better versus making the car too bouncy and likely reducing your contact patch with the road.
Exactly
Old 01-07-2016, 09:33 AM

2016 C63
Interestingly, using the stiffest suspension setting is not always the best on a track. If you watch the review by Chris Harris, he mentions this.

BTW, the suspension on my 2016 C63 is less harsh that on my prior W204 C63's.

T
Old 01-08-2016, 04:40 PM

Clk Dtm c63 bs u wont wanna know the rest
Originally Posted by jlux
Hey guys,

I have noticed after about a few months of owning the new c63s how harsh the suspension is in sport and sport+ modes! Anything other than comfort is not ideal for mine.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what to do ? springs/ coil overs? adjustable springs maybe ?

I suppose if you go coil overs you loose control of dampening control, any springs available in Australia yet that would make it ride nicer?

cheers
Sell it!
I believe yours is a RHD model too?