MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   What do you hate about your C63S? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/633687-what-do-you-hate-about-your-c63s.html)

theclutch 08-02-2016 10:18 PM

What do you hate about your C63S?

Ok, let me start.

1. Brake dust everywhere....
2. No pen holder?
3. No coin holder either
4. Burmeister stereo seriously sucks at any price
5. Creaks in the stereo speakers
6. Drive mode doesn't stay in the setting you left it at. It always defaults to "C" at engine start. C'mon, will someone crack the engineering code to fix this already? I believe the folks in Europe have this feature turned on as standard.
7. Video in motion / setup navigation in motion. Again, this is crackable through some sort of setup since the Europeans have this.
8. No touch screen
9. I can't select the next song while the NAV is on. I have to switch out of NAV and into Media to go to the next song. I did find a workaround by putting the Media onto the console display.
10. No heated steering wheel
11. The transmission shifts fast enough. But it could still be faster.

Other than that, this car rocks! On my long drive today, I kept thinking about how I soooo made the right decision with this car vs. the M3. And I just love looking at the interior. It puts a smile on my face each time I open the door. And, of course, once I get on my drive, I just love the handling and engine of this car.

RDOCA 08-02-2016 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by theclutch (Post 6877083)
Ok, let me start.

2. No pen holder?
3. No coin holder either
6. Drive mode doesn't stay in the setting you left it at. It always defaults to "C" at engine start. C'mon, will someone crack the engineering code to fix this already? I believe the folks in Europe have this feature turned on as standard.
7. Video in motion / setup navigation in motion. Again, this is crackable through some sort of setup since the Europeans have this.
8. No touch screen
9. I can't select the next song while the NAV is on. I have to switch out of NAV and into Media to go to the next song. I did find a workaround by putting the Media onto the console display.

Other than that, this car rocks! On my long drive today, I kept thinking about how I soooo made the right decision with this car vs. the M3. And I just love looking at the interior. It puts a smile on my face each time I open the door. And, of course, once I get on my drive, I just love the handling and engine of this car.

#6 is not a problem, as after I push the start button my hand goes to the dynamic mode switch and push once forward. It starts in the mode I want and the exhaust is in loud by the time it starts.

Vertice 08-02-2016 10:34 PM

Ok, let me start.

2. No pen holder?
3. No coin holder either
8. No touch screen

Solution to #9:

Press the little plastic "nipple" near the bottom of the touch pad (closest to you). A little grey window will pop up with the current track, swipe left or right to change track.

RDOCA 08-02-2016 10:58 PM

Vertice That is a great tip thanks. I was going back in to media also and this works, as I just went out and tried it.
That is what is great about these forums.

vaelin 08-02-2016 11:23 PM

1. I don't get to drive it as much as I want.

Sanch 08-03-2016 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Vertice (Post 6877093)
Solution to #9:

Press the little plastic "nipple" near the bottom of the touch pad (closest to you). A little grey window will pop up with the current track, swipe left or right to change track.

Thank you for sharing, had the same problem!

theclutch 08-03-2016 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Vertice (Post 6877093)
Solution to #9:

OMG, you rock!

(Hit the "thanks" button guys!)

bgm130 08-03-2016 09:32 AM

#7 is available but you need to purchase a crack from a vendor on here. There wAs a group buy set up by a member for it a few months ago. You send them your vin and they send you a file. You load it onto an SD card, put it in the as slot in the car and boom VIM enabled. You can uninstall just as easy.

URG8RB8 08-03-2016 10:25 AM

Seating position a little too high, for my liking. Biggest issue for me is that I can't get a digital speedometer to appear, while still being able to use the steering wheel arrows for radio control. Since I don't have HUD, I would like to quickly glance at my speed, and a digital speedometer is a quicker glance than the analog (which is quite compressed after 60 mph). I know that I can get a large digital readout in the center console, but that nullifies the radio selection via the steering wheel. This is only a minor annoyance, but that's why we're posting here, right?

PunjabiM3 08-03-2016 03:18 PM

Ride quality is poor unless you are on a smooth road, even in comfort mode. Also, on mine the car can be quite jerky at slower speeds. Not sure if it is the transmission or the E-diff that is causing the issue.

kubikdanon 08-03-2016 03:55 PM

The fact that I don't own one...

ScottC63AMG 08-04-2016 02:47 AM

Cannot for the life me find how to display the date. Anyone know?? I can get outside temp, time etc but no date.

ScottC63AMG 08-04-2016 02:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Ok, let me start.

my solution:

Attachment 366424

msd3075 08-04-2016 10:10 AM

My one gripe (and it's a very minor one) is that the sun visor doesn't telescope out when it is pushed to the side to block the sun coming through the side window. With my seating positions, the gap between the visor and the B-pillar is right next to my face, and I can't pull the visor back to block that space. This is a very common feature in many cars, and it's annoying that it isn't included in ours.

StrikeTeam 08-04-2016 01:05 PM

I love everything about my car except, the freaking garage door opener doesn't work until I am driving up my driveway. All my other cars I can raise the door from down the street.

I actually have to wait a few seconds for the garage door to fully raise up!! Can you imagine!! :)

pbaylog 08-04-2016 01:43 PM

Here here....

Originally Posted by msd3075 (Post 6878344)
My one gripe (and it's a very minor one) is that the sun visor doesn't telescope out when it is pushed to the side to block the sun coming through the side window. With my seating positions, the gap between the visor and the B-pillar is right next to my face, and I can't pull the visor back to block that space. This is a very common feature in many cars, and it's annoying that it isn't included in ours.

Same on my W204...annoys the hell out of me and my roasting ear when the sun hits just right. It really is an elementary type feature that should be incorporated.

texasmade 08-05-2016 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by StrikeTeam (Post 6878508)
I love everything about my car except, the freaking garage door opener doesn't work until I am driving up my driveway. All my other cars I can raise the door from down the street.

I actually have to wait a few seconds for the garage door to fully raise up!! Can you imagine!! :)

First world problems.

My gripes.
1. There's a slight pull to the right when I'm driving.
2. Creaking from the dashboard when it's cold outside. Clearly not a problem in Houston at the moment.

ENVē 08-05-2016 03:18 PM

Probably starts in C so that it gets warmed up properly while driving and then can be switched once at operating temps to be beat on.

ENVē 08-05-2016 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by msd3075 (Post 6878344)

Tinting the windows can solve this.

RDOCA 08-05-2016 03:46 PM

Mine opens from farther away than any car I have owned.

msd3075 08-06-2016 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by ENVē (Post 6879591)
Tinting the windows can solve this.

My windows are tinted. Doesn't make a difference when the sun is shining directly into the side of your eye.

msd3075 08-06-2016 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by RDOCA (Post 6879621)

What I've found is that the HomeLink in our cars is very sensitive to the direction the car is pointed.

When my car is pointed at the garage door (both in front and behind the car) the HomeLink will work from a pretty far distance away.

When I try to open the gate at the front of our neighborhood, I can be next to the control box only a few feet away, and the button doesn't work. I have to make sure I push the HomeLink button before I pull up even with the control box. If I go too far, I have to reverse and push the button only when the control box is in front of me.

Dasani 08-06-2016 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by RDOCA (Post 6879621)

Same here.

RDO247 08-07-2016 01:30 AM

I have an Australian delivered W205 C63S, do I have home link?

Where would I find the button?

N8awaf 08-07-2016 02:18 AM

if you want to start in race mode just press the start button twice and select race the then start it. hope it helped:D