Carbon Ceramic Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
RB has complete CCB upgrade for Mercedes

Check RacingBrake out, we have the complete CCB replacement/upgrade for MB.

http://www.racingbrake.com/C63-AMG-C...AMG-s/7219.htm

We even make and offer rear CCB rotors for C63S to compliment the set up to FULL CCB. All our offer are made for bolt on installation, no need to exchange axle or spindle knuckle/hub etc.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:57 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
W205 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Biggiie
Hello there again, it is a Regular C63..
Interesting... some owners have experienced high rear brake pad wear, but yours seem very reasonable. I wonder if the electronic diff of the S has anything to do with it?
Old 10-20-2016, 02:05 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by RacingBrake

We even make and offer rear CCB rotors for C63S to compliment the set up to FULL CCB. All our offer are made for bolt on installation, no need to exchange axle or spindle knuckle/hub etc.
Unless you're going to offer them for 3k and take back my OEM rotors... it's a no go. Not that many people have 12k to throw on a brake upgrade... especially when our stock brakes have an excellent stopping power already.

I understand that you're trying to advertise your product but your participation has nothing to do with I'm asking for.
The following users liked this post:
C63Analyst (06-03-2020)
Old 10-21-2016, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
Our CCM rotors are made to fit under OE (Red) calipers and OE spindle hub which means you don't have to change axle like MB suggested and purchase the complete CCB brake kit (w/gold calipers) from MB. Save a lot of money and hassle while stay within OE configuration (caliper & pad).

You can even swap back to standard iron rotors anytime you wish, so you have total control as to what you like on your C63.

This is the same option we offer for GT S.
https://mbworld.org/forums/amg-gt-gt...akes-gt-s.html

Just want to clarify and reiterate what option you can have in upgrading your brake to CCB at least efforts and expense.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Our CCM rotors are made to fit under OE (Red) calipers and OE spindle hub which means you don't have to change axle like MB suggested and purchase the complete CCB brake kit (w/gold calipers) from MB. Save a lot of money and hassle while stay within OE configuration (caliper & pad).

You can even swap back to standard iron rotors anytime you wish, so you have total control as to what you like on your C63.

This is the same option we offer for GT S.
https://mbworld.org/forums/amg-gt-gt...akes-gt-s.html

Just want to clarify and reiterate what option you can have in upgrading your brake to CCB at least efforts and expense.
Again, MB is covering 75% of the cost. My share is 25%. And I'd only go the OEM route anyway. Sorry bud.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:57 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
?
Originally Posted by Guilty
Hi Kurt,

This is the first time I hear about this drying feature. My car has actually been eating pads every 5 miles which is why we're looking into the conversion.

My dealership is offering me 50% off the parts + free labor. Mercedes-AMG will cover 25% off the parts as well. My share is about 25% of the parts cost.

The AMG rep told my service manager that the rear axles had to be replaced so it doesn't interfere with the ESP. This didn't make sense to my service manager since the carbon ceramic conversion is only happening in the front. We're keeping the steel rotors in the back.

I'd like to go ahead and do it but it's an unknown territory for everyone involved.

I just replaced my pads last month (2nd time, at 11k miles, out of pocket both times) so it's going to take another 2-3 months before we do the conversion. I'll make sure to update and let everyone know how it goes. If anyone has done this before and can provide a parts list, that'd be awesome.

Thanks!
Audi and Porsche have had the drying for years in cars with auto sensing wipers.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:10 AM

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
2015 C63 AMG S Edition 1, 2015 GL63
Originally Posted by Astolfo
Audi and Porsche have had the drying for years in cars with auto sensing wipers.
I wouldn't doubt this but would guess that their programming would be different. I would not put it past MB to have separate brake programs for those with CCBs and no drying feature and with iron and the feature. Good to know though so thanks for sharing.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:21 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
?
Originally Posted by kfehling
I wouldn't doubt this but would guess that their programming would be different. I would not put it past MB to have separate brake programs for those with CCBs and no drying feature and with iron and the feature. Good to know though so thanks for sharing.
I agree (I think ) I would believe that CCB and Steel have different programs..
Old 05-31-2020, 04:19 AM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
Originally Posted by Guilty
Again, MB is covering 75% of the cost. My share is 25%. And I'd only go the OEM route anyway. Sorry bud.
So did anything every come of this? I've heard rumors of someone here or there upgrading to the CCB brakes, but haven't seen/heard it first-hand.

Also wondering if the drying feature would only be applicable if you don't have CCBs in the first place, vs say, upgrading the rears of the C63 to CCBs when the fronts area already CCBS.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:37 AM

How does your CCB upgrade work around the dry braking feature on cars originally equipped with steel rotors? Cuz I'd imagine if yours work without modification, so should the OEM ones...
Old 06-16-2020, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Originally Posted by FDNewbie
So did anything every come of this? I've heard rumors of someone here or there upgrading to the CCB brakes, but haven't seen/heard it first-hand.

Also wondering if the drying feature would only be applicable if you don't have CCBs in the first place, vs say, upgrading the rears of the C63 to CCBs when the fronts area already CCBS.
upgrade done already, people on here an ig.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 c63s edition 1

to confirm....I have a 2017 c63s edition 1. You have carbon rotors to directly replace the current steel ones?
1. do I need to change pads or any other parts?
2. Can you confirm this has been done with no error or service code pop ups?
3. the link didnt work. How much in USD are the rotors and anything else needed?

Please advise..thanks
Old 06-17-2020, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by CarHol
upgrade done already, people on here an ig.
Anyone specific you know I can reach out to? Would like to make sure this whole brake drying feature isn't an issue. And confirm the part #s for the rears (wanna upgrade the rears to ceramics in my C63S Edition 1 Coupe).
Old 06-17-2020, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Originally Posted by FDNewbie
Anyone specific you know I can reach out to? Would like to make sure this whole brake drying feature isn't an issue. And confirm the part #s for the rears (wanna upgrade the rears to ceramics in my C63S Edition 1 Coupe).
sure i do the search for you

here one
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...onversion.html

here another you in this one. you forgot?
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...oupe-rear.html

Old 06-17-2020, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by CarHol
sure i do the search for you

here one
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...onversion.html
Discussion, yes. But doesn't indicate anyone actually did it (I'm talking about OEM retrofit, not the RacingBrake retrofit).

here another you in this one. you forgot?
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...oupe-rear.html
I sent a PM to DSawyer63 and he never replied. Another forum member sent me the parts list he was given, but did not end up doing the swap.

So basically, there's a lot of hearsay/third party talk of it being done, and on a several thousand dollar purchase, I wanna know for sure before I put the money down on parts I likely won't be able to return once I attempt the install.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:23 PM
EkS

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C63
I've done the upgrade. I used all OEM components not RacingBrake.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by EkS
I've done the upgrade. I used all OEM components not RacingBrake.
I must have misread the other thread. Please do share the details!

- Were you originally steel front & rears? Or you already had the ceramics up front? Wondering if the rotor drying feature is really an issue or not
- You said it was simple plug 'n play. No issues/difficulties?
- Any long term issues, or still working perfectly (not sure how long ago you did the swap)?
- Could you share the full parts list?
- Also, did you find anywhere that sells them for a decent price? Or just shopping around for the cheapest cost from online?

TIA!
Old 06-17-2020, 08:09 PM
EkS

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C63
- Were you originally steel front & rears? Or you already had the ceramics up front? Wondering if the rotor drying feature is really an issue or not
I had steel rotors all around. I haven't driven in the rain, so I can't comment on the drying feature. But if it's a concern, you just need to use Xentry to tell it that you have ceramic brakes.
- You said it was simple plug 'n play. No issues/difficulties?
No issues at all. As long as you know how to work on brakes.
- Any long term issues, or still working perfectly (not sure how long ago you did the swap)?
I haven't had any issues at all, but I just completed the swap in November.
- Could you share the full parts list?
I don't have a list. The fronts are everything for a 205 C63 and the rears are 213 E63. Just hop on a MB parts website and look for the brakes. They list both steel and carbon components.
- Also, did you find anywhere that sells them for a decent price? Or just shopping around for the cheapest cost from online?
You'll have to shop around. Be careful not to buy cracked/chipped rotors. If you buy used ask for the weight of the rotors. The minimum weight is engraved onto the hat of the rotor.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:10 AM

Ah so this is a Xentry controlled feature! Awesome...thanks for clarifying that.

I was going to purchase the parts new, so hopefully I can assume they'd be packaged appropriately to be safely shipped without being damaged enroute...