MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   How often do you get challenged on the road? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/647583-how-often-do-you-get-challenged-road.html)

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-20-2016 09:15 PM

How often do you get challenged on the road?

What do you drive and how often do you get challenged on the road?

I think that the C63S coupe is pretty subtle. Not everyone recognize it like the lambo or ferrari. I don't really get challenged after a month of ownership.

I did get a few compliments and people asking me stuff at the gas station.

What is your experience with your C63 or C43?

Thanks
Jay

roy777 12-20-2016 09:34 PM

I got challenged one time by a BMW 440? or 435i not sure which and after he heard my exhaust, he stopped. :P

SBH- 12-21-2016 01:14 AM

surprisingly, I get challenged everyday, or a maximum of every other day ... the c63 has a very troublesome reputation over here :D but yes, most of the times when I pass by a new c63 or a c63 coupe, we often end up racing :D

gabe.m 12-21-2016 07:45 AM

I guess all the roads in Abu Dhabi lead to the F1 track?! :)

tekfoc 12-21-2016 12:04 PM

I get challenged all the time.
cars seem to follow me no matter how slow I'm driving. lol

Ilfr 12-21-2016 02:39 PM

All the time as soon as lights turn green people next to me floor it and I laugh as I see them in my rear view mirror.

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-21-2016 03:12 PM

Man... you guys are making me jealous!

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and nobody ever challenged me. Even when I travel to Seattle nobody ever challenged me on the road. May be they know the C63S is a fast car so there's no point challenging??

What are the signs of a challenge in the States? May be some people are shy to challenge you? I don't know I just moved here.

mo11 12-21-2016 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by C63S_Coupe_Jay (Post 7001794)

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and nobody ever challenged me. Even when I travel to Seattle nobody ever challenged me on the road. May be they know the C63S is a fast car so they just give up?

What are the signs of a challenge in the States? May be some people are shy to challenge you? I don't know I just moved here.

here in the states, anytime you're in front and the light is red whatever you're next to... thats a challenge! Whether its another merc or a semi, challenge! Specially if its a prius... challenge all the way!!! Hahahahaha!

otakki 12-21-2016 06:07 PM

Just don't do anything stupid, folks.

vaelin 12-21-2016 07:11 PM

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and nobody ever challenged me. Even when I travel to Seattle nobody ever challenged me on the road. May be they know the C63S is a fast car so there's no point challenging??

I'm in the Bay area (Menlo Park) too. I don't think you'll get a lot of bites because:
1. Theres a LOT of fast cars on the road, so people become numb to it. Thanksgiving morning, driving south on 101, lanes were wide open.. and I was just cruising along near a 911 GT3 and a McLaren 570S. Kept to around 75 and other cars were just too busy gawking at those 2 to pay any attention to my C.. which would've kept up with both of them for a while had they chosen to punch it.
2. AMG, unlike a BMW M, are actually externally designed more conservatively and so unless you're a car person, you'll just assume it's another C300.
3. If you ARE a car person.. you already know the performance potential so you already know if you'd lose or win... so why bother risking a ticket?

About the only time I get 'challenged' is #1-3 above fail because the other car's driver is a dumbf*. Or the other driver is just wanting to be playful. I did have fun with a guy in a bolt-on RS4.. after a few bus lengths we chatted at the next light and now I randomly see him on my commute waving to me lol.

yetman 12-21-2016 07:36 PM

I do not get challenged a lot, but in the two months Ive owned the car, its happened a few times while driving on the highway. They roll up next to you and hang there then want to punch it on you.

I went along with it this past Monday. I had to get my car inspected and wanted to do it at the Mercedes dealer. Its 70 minutes drive to the closest dealer in my state. We were rolling along at 70 mph. Next thing I knew, I was at 110mph and the other guy was in my rear view mirror. It was a Mustang GT of some kind.

vaelin 12-21-2016 08:02 PM

Unless he was modded.. he had 0 chance. Probably wanted to just see you go. :)

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-21-2016 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by vaelin (Post 7002040)
I'm in the Bay area (Menlo Park) too. I don't think you'll get a lot of bites because:
1. Theres a LOT of fast cars on the road, so people become numb to it. Thanksgiving morning, driving south on 101, lanes were wide open.. and I was just cruising along near a 911 GT3 and a McLaren 570S. Kept to around 75 and other cars were just too busy gawking at those 2 to pay any attention to my C.. which would've kept up with both of them for a while had they chosen to punch it.
2. AMG, unlike a BMW M, are actually externally designed more conservatively and so unless you're a car person, you'll just assume it's another C300.
3. If you ARE a car person.. you already know the performance potential so you already know if you'd lose or win... so why bother risking a ticket?

About the only time I get 'challenged' is #1-3 above fail because the other car's driver is a dumbf*. Or the other driver is just wanting to be playful. I did have fun with a guy in a bolt-on RS4.. after a few bus lengths we chatted at the next light and now I randomly see him on my commute waving to me lol.

Thanks for your story buddy. I'm in San Jose. I don't see any fast cars around here. I feel like the only place with cool cars is in L.A. I occasionally spot some M4 and M3s on the freeway rolling in the middle or right lane, and they are completely numb.

I used to be this 100% BMW fanboy and I wanted to get that M4 so bad, until I test drove the C63S.

How did that challenge go with the bolt-on RS4?

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-21-2016 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by yetman (Post 7002053)
I do not get challenged a lot, but in the two months Ive owned the car, its happened a few times while driving on the highway. They roll up next to you and hang there then want to punch it on you.

I went along with it this past Monday. I had to get my car inspected and wanted to do it at the Mercedes dealer. Its 70 minutes drive to the closest dealer in my state. We were rolling along at 70 mph. Next thing I knew, I was at 110mph and the other guy was in my rear view mirror. It was a Mustang GT of some kind.

Thanks for sharing buddy. I love reading stories like this.
I never drove a Mustang GT before but I did drive a Chevy which had trouble putting the torque on the ground.

After a month driving my c63s I don't feel the speed anymore. Maybe I'm just too used to it.

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-21-2016 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by mo11 (Post 7001834)
here in the states, anytime you're in front and the light is red whatever you're next to... thats a challenge! Whether its another merc or a semi, challenge! Specially if its a prius... challenge all the way!!! Hahahahaha!

Hahahahahaha!

Mr. J 12-22-2016 12:08 AM

Absolutely true^^^^^:D:D

vaelin 12-22-2016 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by C63S_Coupe_Jay (Post 7002189)
Thanks for your story buddy. I'm in San Jose. I don't see any fast cars around here. I feel like the only place with cool cars is in L.A. I occasionally spot some M4 and M3s on the freeway rolling in the middle or right lane, and they are completely numb.

I used to be this 100% BMW fanboy and I wanted to get that M4 so bad, until I test drove the C63S.

How did that challenge go with the bolt-on RS4?

I work in Santana Row.. I see fast cars daily.. they've gotta be coming from somewhere. Hell, even over in East SJ viet area there's nice cars rolling... slowly... in traffic.

I destroyed the RS4 by bus lengths, but I think he gave up by the time I put 4-5 cars on him already. Given I had probably 150+ hp on him and more on tq, and it was rolling, it wasn't even fair. He knew, I knew.. but it was fun and great quick chat at the next stoplight.

RDOCA 12-22-2016 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by otakki (Post 7001954)
Just don't do anything stupid, folks.

A C6 Vette pulled up to a stop sign next to me a little while back and looked over at me and I just knew we would go at the light change.
He was alone and I had 3 other people with me but I pulled him steadily and a about 90+ I let off as he was in the mirror.
He pulled up at the next light and waved smiling.
He is about 500 lbs. lighter and I had 3 more people and without them we are about the same HP/ weight ratio. :zoom:

SBH- 12-22-2016 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by gabe.m (Post 7001396)
I guess all the roads in Abu Dhabi lead to the F1 track?! :)

hahaha maybe :D anyway I live 8 mins away from the track and when the F1 race is in town, I can hear it all the way from home :D

SBH- 12-22-2016 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by tekfoc (Post 7001626)
I get challenged all the time.
cars seem to follow me no matter how slow I'm driving. lol

same here :D very attractive I guess :D

SBH- 12-22-2016 01:38 AM

listen to this, I was once going back home late at night, found a c63s speced exactly like mine, pulled next to him, dropped several gears to make him alert :D next second it was one hell of a race. the road speed limit was 100km/h and we hit 245 km/h ...
few seconds later, all i hear behind me was the siren :smash: woah it was a long night till we were allowed to go home... was supposed to spend the weekend in jail :smash:

g8rgrl 12-22-2016 07:02 AM

I have a C43. I get challenged every day. I win every day. Thanks to the torque, by 45 MPH I'm many car lengths ahead and they give up. No speeding involved. People don't understand what this car is yet and for some reason think they can beat it.

RDO247 12-22-2016 07:21 AM

I haven't been challenged by anything decent that would be a worthy competitor.

The odd Commodore,V6/V8 it doesn't matter, all Commodore drivers think their driving a V8 Super Car.

Those who who live in Australia now what I mean

I'm itching to have a bit of a run...

Oh, we also have Hoon Laws in Australia so need to be super carefully not to loose your car to the Law.

Bluetonic 12-22-2016 07:24 AM

Still waiting for my C63S coupe to arrive (now looking like next week) but used to get the odd muppet sat on my bumper in my M3.

Its all twisty narrow country roads where I live so not much traffic light drag racing going on and there's always the odd granny you get stuck behind.

Even though you pull away from these retarded apes (they normally drive poorly modded hatches like MGs, Vauxhalls, Ford Focus STs) they always end up sat on your bumper thinking they can stop just as quick as you can..... Which is quite scary so I tend to avoid having anything to do with them and actually slow down or pull over to let them pass.

Had some great fun with some performance cars in the past though. Its great when there is a mutual respect and its all kept sensible (ish) and in the spirit of good fun.

Best one was a 2015 M6, my 2008 M3 and an old Ferrari 355 seeing who could make the most noise and accelerate from 40-*** the quickest. All on a dual carriageway taking turns over about 6 miles. Loads of smiles, waves and car horns going. I think the years had took its toll on the 355 as its was really struggling. Beautiful car though and big respect to the owner for getting involved.

gabe.m 12-22-2016 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by SBH- (Post 7002306)
hahaha maybe :D anyway I live 8 mins away from the track and when the F1 race is in town, I can hear it all the way from home :D

I think I hate you a little bit right now :D

sno 12-22-2016 08:54 AM

In the C43 I get a lot of "man that is a gorgeous car" or "hey dose that have a twin turbo V8 in it?" :smash: :slap:

No challenges as of yet for the C43. In my CLA 45 every single ricer I meet wants to run. Subarus are the worse of the ricers followed by the Honda civics with the bazooka exhausts ROFL... So far I have been able to maintain the our brands high standard :zoom: I'm also hunted by every single M2 that I come across no matter if it's at a light or on the interstate. The M2's I especially love to smoke, they always ask me the same thing "hey is that stock?" :naughty: as they walk away with a dumbfounded look on their face.

In South Florida there are so many high performance cars on the road that most people are like stated, numb or use to seeing them everywhere. A C43 or C63 may turn heads some other place in the USA here it's just another Benz. It has to be a real exotic and I mean real unique to get any real attention. Any Friday or Saturday night take a drive on Ocean Drive on South Beach and the six digit cars are everywhere, its like the car show every weekend.

:eek:

roy777 12-22-2016 10:25 AM

In the C43 I get a lot of "man that is a gorgeous car" or "hey dose that have a twin turbo V8 in it?"

No challenges as of yet for the C43. In my CLA 45 every single ricer I meet wants to run. Subarus are the worse of the ricers followed by the Honda civics with the bazooka exhausts ROFL... So far I have been able to maintain the our brands high standard I'm also hunted by every single M2 that I come across no matter if it's at a light or on the interstate. The M2's I especially love to smoke, they always ask me the same thing "hey is that stock?" as they walk away with a dumbfounded look on their face.

In South Florida there are so many high performance cars on the road that most people are like stated, numb or use to seeing them everywhere. A C43 or C63 may turn heads some other place in the USA here it's just another Benz. It has to be a real exotic and I mean real unique to get any real attention. Any Friday or Saturday night take a drive on Ocean Drive on South Beach and the six digit cars are everywhere, its like the car show every weekend.

I am curious as to your thoughts on the 45 vs 43 experience? I know the 45 is significantly faster not to mention probably lighter. But how is the overall experience between the two?

roy777 12-22-2016 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by roy777 (Post 7002553)
In the C43 I get a lot of "man that is a gorgeous car" or "hey dose that have a twin turbo V8 in it?"

No challenges as of yet for the C43. In my CLA 45 every single ricer I meet wants to run. Subarus are the worse of the ricers followed by the Honda civics with the bazooka exhausts ROFL... So far I have been able to maintain the our brands high standard I'm also hunted by every single M2 that I come across no matter if it's at a light or on the interstate. The M2's I especially love to smoke, they always ask me the same thing "hey is that stock?" as they walk away with a dumbfounded look on their face.

I am curious as to your thoughts on the 45 vs 43 experience? I know the 45 is significantly faster not to mention probably lighter. But how is the overall experience between the two?

sno 12-22-2016 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by roy777 (Post 7002554)

I have to say it is like comparing apples to oranges. Now let me put the disclaimer out there, my 45 has an ECU tune, turbo back cat delete downpipe and the added filter capacity in the airbox. When compared the 45 is more explosive and pulls like a freight train off the line, it just takes off! Yet before I made those mods she was still explosive, just now more so. I kill a lot of cars (V8's) off the line, so be it that they may catch me over a longer distance but the look on their faces is worth millions...

The C43 is more subdued, relaxed. Decent power but it is delivered differently. It may be that the V6 is a tad bit under powered but it does get up and go just not what I would bring to drag race. I have ordered and did received the new tune box from vivid racing which I will install this coming week, lets see if it wakes up the old girl. All around I see the 45 as a total hooligan car and the C43 more as comfy refined 120 mph all day type ride...

mo11 12-22-2016 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by g8rgrl (Post 7002408)
I have a C43. I get challenged every day. I win every day. Thanks to the torque, by 45 MPH I'm many car lengths ahead and they give up. No speeding involved. People don't understand what this car is yet and for some reason think they can beat it.

don't forget 4matic too. All that torque has to be put on the road and having 4matic just allows you to take off with no drama. I hit the cruise control at 40mph on a 35, then i just wait for the cars behind me to catch up. If they zoom pass by me it's ok... unless its a prius, i never wanna be behind any of those drivers. They step on the brake way too early so they can generate power back to the battery!

M177ED1 12-22-2016 11:24 AM

I know how you feel, in the Bay Area too, I can't even get other AMGs (GLC, GLE) and not many C63 on the road.

where are you at in the bay?

mo11 12-22-2016 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by gabe.m (Post 7002451)
I think I hate you a little bit right now :D

Hahaha! I do a little bit too... can you imagine how much more we'd hate SBH- if SBH- had a flat in monaco!?!

Tej7 12-22-2016 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by sno (Post 7002470)
No challenges as of yet for the C43. In my CLA 45 every single ricer I meet wants to run. Subarus are the worse of the ricers followed by the Honda civics with the bazooka exhausts ROFL... So far I have been able to maintain the our brands high standard :zoom: I'm also hunted by every single M2 that I come across no matter if it's at a light or on the interstate. The M2's I especially love to smoke, they always ask me the same thing "hey is that stock?" :naughty: as they walk away with a dumbfounded look on their face

You're really able to walk away from M2's that easily? On paper, the M2 is much quicker than our c43's.. :nix:

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-22-2016 10:03 PM

Yeah man exactly. There's a C63S sedan in my community though and that's about the only c63s I've ever seen.

I live in San Jose. What about you?

unagi1 12-22-2016 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tej7 (Post 7002940)
You're really able to walk away from M2's that easily? On paper, the M2 is much quicker than our c43's.. :nix:

Yeah...similar power numbers but M2 is much lighter...highly suspect :rolleyes:

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-23-2016 12:26 AM

Man what a night.

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-23-2016 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by vaelin (Post 7002264)
I work in Santana Row.. I see fast cars daily.. they've gotta be coming from somewhere. Hell, even over in East SJ viet area there's nice cars rolling... slowly... in traffic.

I destroyed the RS4 by bus lengths, but I think he gave up by the time I put 4-5 cars on him already. Given I had probably 150+ hp on him and more on tq, and it was rolling, it wasn't even fair. He knew, I knew.. but it was fun and great quick chat at the next stoplight.

There's a lot of good looking cars in Santana Row. I wonder why is that.
I go there pretty often. :):)

CPatrick 12-23-2016 01:52 PM

I'm constantly tested by punks in Pontiac G8's, and ignoramuses in hemi-powered pickup trucks. Even after showing them how fast I can put distance between us, they continue to try to ride up my backside.

It's always some guy in a pickup truck that wants to challenge me at a traffic light. :duh:

tekfoc 12-23-2016 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by CPatrick (Post 7003762)
I'm constantly tested by punks in Pontiac G8's, and ignoramuses in hemi-powered pickup trucks. Even after showing them how fast I can put distance between us, they continue to try to ride up my backside.

It's always some guy in a pickup truck that wants to challenge me at a traffic light. :duh:

:rolf:i had the same situation happen to me .
a hemi pick up truck chasing me till we hit a red light. he saw c63 emblem and he just backed off once the light turned green.
smart guy.:zoom:

PeterUbers 12-23-2016 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by g8rgrl (Post 7002408)

lol... if by 45 mph you are "many lengths ahead" then either
a) the person isn't racing you and you're racing your imagination
b) you're racing a Prius or an altima

the c43 is a stellar car but this post made me giggle

Yowlerz 12-28-2016 11:31 AM

I get challenged almost every day here in Texas. Usually it's Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros... all of which I destroy. Occasionally, I'll see a Porsche or something more exotic, usually I can hang with them for a bit. Pulled up behind a McLaren the second day I had my AMG and needless to say, I wasn't able to hang : (

The challenges are fun, but the flip-side is people being jerks because you're in a Mercedes. Break-checking, blocking you, nobody lets you in at a merge, etc.

otakki 12-28-2016 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Yowlerz (Post 7007269)
Pulled up behind a McLaren the second day I had my AMG and needless to say, I wasn't able to hang : (

Which McLaren was it?

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-28-2016 02:03 PM

I get challenged almost every day here in Texas. Usually it's Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros... all of which I destroy. Occasionally, I'll see a Porsche or something more exotic, usually I can hang with them for a bit. Pulled up behind a McLaren the second day I had my AMG and needless to say, I wasn't able to hang : (

The challenges are fun, but the flip-side is people being jerks because you're in a Mercedes. Break-checking, blocking you, nobody lets you in at a merge, etc.

I wouldn't do any challenges in Texas, coz the moment you win, your life is at stake (joke joke). Haha, heard too many crazy stories about Texas.

I'm in Cali and people here are very nice. Besides a few selfish ones, most of the drivers are so nice that the moment you put your blinker on they slow down and let you merge.

I came from a country where you wouldn't wanna put the blinker on before you execute the lane change because the moment you do that, the car behind is just gonna fill up that gap to make sure you don't stand a chance 'jumping the line'.

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-28-2016 02:05 PM

By the way, you hung with a Mclaren on the 2nd day? Don't forget you needed to break it in man.

Bueller178 12-28-2016 02:39 PM

I get challenged almost every day here in Texas. Usually it's Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros... all of which I destroy.

I'm sure a 4 or 6cyl can be handily beaten, but a V8 version of any of the above with a good driver will not be something that is "destroyed" let along beaten at all.

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-28-2016 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bueller178 (Post 7007480)
I'm sure a 4 or 6cyl can be handily beaten, but a V8 version of any of the above with a good driver will not be something that is "destroyed" let along beaten at all.

I've driven Camero and Charger before and I feel that they have major problems putting their power onto the ground. A LOT of wheel spins. I nearly drifted down Beverly Hills once in that Charger, scared the hell outa me.

Bueller178 12-28-2016 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by C63S_Coupe_Jay (Post 7007537)
I've driven Camero and Charger before and I feel that they have major problems putting their power onto the ground. A LOT of wheel spins. I nearly drifted down Beverly Hills once in that Charger, scared the hell outa me.

A Camaro and a Charger are 2 very different cars but both can be a handful, just like other high power RWD cars.

In terms of the Camaro, they run considerably faster to 60 and in the 1/4 than a C43 so there is no way a C43 is destroying a V8 Camaro. The advantage a C43 would have in a "street race" is that you can simply mash the loud pedal and if the other driver can't launch, you've got him covered for a while at least.

MessingWithMerC 12-28-2016 04:04 PM

I haven't been driving my C63 S an entire month yet, but like a few other posters indicated the big-O hemi or whatever Ford F-150 truck once challenged me. Obviously, he learned his lesson immediately. Since the car doesn't even have 400 miles on it, I'm taking it very easy on the engine, trying to drive as civilized as possible! So that could be part of it.

But I must say having come from Audi RS5, I remember even in the first days following picking up my RS5, I was getting challenged by all sorts of cars on the road (especially stupid, stupid Prius--God so irritating hahaha). Audi (especially RS5) somehow must trigger something in people that the C63 doesn't (or hasn't yet?). A non-scientific observation I made was that each time I had the car washed (it was a phantom black pearl color in case it makes a difference), I'd immediately notice that other cars would be much more hostile near me--and I'd get challenged almost unquestionably!

C63S_Coupe_Jay 12-28-2016 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by MessingWithMerC (Post 7007578)
I haven't been driving my C63 S an entire month yet, but like a few other posters indicated the big-O hemi or whatever Ford F-150 truck once challenged me. Obviously, he learned his lesson immediately. Since the car doesn't even have 400 miles on it, I'm taking it very easy on the engine, trying to drive as civilized as possible! So that could be part of it.

But I must say having come from Audi RS5, I remember even in the first days following picking up my RS5, I was getting challenged by all sorts of cars on the road (especially stupid, stupid Prius--God so irritating hahaha). Audi (especially RS5) somehow must trigger something in people that the C63 doesn't (or hasn't yet?). A non-scientific observation I made was that each time I had the car washed (it was a phantom black pearl color in case it makes a difference), I'd immediately notice that other cars would be much more hostile near me--and I'd get challenged almost unquestionably!

Haha! Yes I admit that the RS5 is much meaner looking! The C63 is rather subtle and introvertive. The c63 certainly gets less hatreds on the road than the RS5 due to its subtle look.

I still remember vividly that on the first day I got the car, a Dodge Charger was reving at me at a traffic light. He was very friendly. I rolled down my window and told him that the car is brand new and I couldn't press it yet.

Other than that, a sky blue Subaru BRZ friendly 'challenged' me on the freeway and immediately was taught a lesson.

mo11 12-28-2016 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by MessingWithMerC (Post 7007578)

i thought i was the only one who felt this way about the prius, hahaha! I also hate it when I'm walking in a parking structure and there's one roaming around looking for a spot. Like a creepy little sick pervert... so slow and so quiet! For heaven's sake quit following me... i parked far, far away from door dinging priusesuses (prii is how they wanna be called if there's more than one) hahaha!

toreav 12-29-2016 11:53 AM

Really having a tough time reading this while waiting for my car :D

The C 63s sounds like a awesome car to own.

BLKROKT 01-08-2017 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by vaelin (Post 7002040)
Thanksgiving morning, driving south on 101, lanes were wide open.. and I was just cruising along near a 911 GT3 and a McLaren 570S. Kept to around 75 and other cars were just too busy gawking at those 2 to pay any attention to my C.. which would've kept up with both of them for a while had they chosen to punch it.

That's the most hilarious thing said in this whole dumb thread. Either car would have left you for dead like you weren't even moving, from a roll, from a stop, in reverse, or in any conditions.

Don't fool yourself. It's a C class. A very capable one, but still, some of you act like you're driving something exotic. Wake up. You're not going to have people lining up looking for a race (like the guy above who thinks all pickup trucks are racing him - some people just like to tailgate dude, stop flattering yourself). What are we all, 16? Half of the guys you claim to be "racing", probably don't even know they're in one. :rolleyes:

sean1.8t 01-08-2017 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tej7 (Post 7002940)

You're reading comprehension needs some work. He was talking about his modded CLA45... "No challenges as of yet in the 43"

Everyone is so quick to try to prove everyone wrong on the forums that they forget how to read :crazy:

BTW, I agree with whoever said "Subaru drivers are the worst". There is something seriously wrong with those guys.

yetman 01-08-2017 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by CPatrick (Post 7003762)

Yup .. this happened yesterday. At a light on Rt. 30 in York, PA, minding my own beeswax and a guy pulls up in his Hemi RAM ... revved it hard, then looked over at me. I knew what he wanted. So, I put it in sport +. Light went green. He lost, and lost badly. I saw him again at the very next light. Needless to say, he didn't feel the need to try that again. Idiot.

PeterUbers 01-08-2017 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7018630)
That's the most hilarious thing said in this whole dumb thread. Either car would have left you for dead like you weren't even moving, from a roll, from a stop, in reverse, or in any conditions.

Don't fool yourself. It's a C class. A very capable one, but still, some of you act like you're driving something exotic. Wake up. You're not going to have people lining up looking for a race (like the guy above who thinks all pickup trucks are racing him - some people just like to tailgate dude, stop flattering yourself). What are we all, 16? Half of the guys you claim to be "racing", probably don't even know they're in one. :rolleyes:

lol!! Excellent post

Tej7 01-08-2017 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by sean1.8t (Post 7018649)
You're reading comprehension needs some work. He was talking about his modded CLA45... "No challenges as of yet in the 43"

Everyone is so quick to try to prove everyone wrong on the forums that they forget how to read :crazy:

BTW, I agree with whoever said "Subaru drivers are the worst". There is something seriously wrong with those guys.

Why do you have a bone to pick? You're right, I should have read more closely. However I legitimately asked my question in a polite manner. I never stated he was wrong (insert reading comprehension joke here) :crazy:

BLKROKT 01-08-2017 09:55 PM

Forget it

yetman 01-08-2017 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7018869)
Another "war story" about beating up on a truck. A TRUCK. Yeah, I'm sure you gave him just what he wanted. Good job!

Seriously. Listen to yourselves. This is what the vaunted AMG badge has become.... a bunch of guys bragging about stoplight racing and beating on TRUCKS.

I pray the other forums don't find this thread. It will depreciate all of our cars. I'm embarrassed for all of you.

The guy in the ram wanted a race. Apparently, he thought he could win. So, I gave him one. Truck or not. Period. No war story. He's an idiot for thinking he was going to out run the c63.

vaelin 01-09-2017 12:49 AM

Eh, reading comprehension:

1. I said kept for up for a while; I never said I'd remotely beat either.
2. I'm tuned, and HAVE kept up with my wife's 911 Turbo with tune. GT3 ain't going to be much different on a freeway. On anything with turns, yes, I absolutely agree with you.

I've driven the 570S for a full day on a track (Sonoma Raceway); I'm perfectly aware of what it can and can't do. And I know my C will keep up for a while until clearly beyond legal speeds.

sean1.8t 01-09-2017 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT (Post 7018869)
Another "war story" about beating up on a truck. A TRUCK. Yeah, I'm sure you gave him just what he wanted. Good job!

Seriously. Listen to yourselves. This is what the vaunted AMG badge has become.... a bunch of guys bragging about stoplight racing and beating on TRUCKS.

I pray the other forums don't find this thread. It will depreciate all of our cars. I'm embarrassed for all of you.

I think you missed the point of the story.

But this thread is just about people enjoying their cars. No need for your condescension. Go buy a BMW if you think you're so much better than everyone here.

Mr. J 01-09-2017 01:44 AM

The Porsche GT3 and the C63s are closer than you think. Driver skill would be the decider there. Now the Mclaren OTOH would have smoked both of them regardless of any tunes or mods as long as the driver wasn't a total nob.

SBH- 01-09-2017 02:34 AM

I was challenged by a white c63s yesterday :D nothing new :D

StrikeTeam 01-09-2017 09:50 PM

I don't get challenged to race here in New York, but I do get people egging me on to punch it because they want to hear the exhaust. It has happened a few times on the highway.

Of course i can't resist to let the beast roar! :)

SBH- 01-10-2017 01:26 AM

it would be rather unusual if a day passes without anyone challenging :D

netboy 01-11-2017 05:46 AM

this is why i'm thinking of installing a "custom install" radar. i have a radar detector, but i dont usually put it up or turn it on unless i going on a long trip like over 1 hour.

SBH- 01-11-2017 06:05 AM

yesterday I was challenged by an Audi RS3, was a bit hesitant, as I thought i'd kill that baby RS3 :D believe me, I was shocked to see its performance ! I guess it was heavily modded ...

sean1.8t 01-11-2017 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by SBH- (Post 7021443)
yesterday I was challenged by an Audi RS3, was a bit hesitant, as I thought i'd kill that baby RS3 :D believe me, I was shocked to see its performance ! I guess it was heavily modded ...

Light and nimble with a decently stout turbo 5 cylinder right out of the factory. Stock would run comparable to the C43. A simple tune/bolt-ons and they'll probably be in the C63s neighborhood. If they are "highly modified" meaning upgraded turbo, then anything is possible at that point. The 500+lbs less curb weight really helps.

Dthquazi 01-11-2017 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by sean1.8t (Post 7021451)
Light and nimble with a decently stout turbo 5 cylinder right out of the factory. Stock would run comparable to the C43. A simple tune/bolt-ons and they'll probably be in the C63s neighborhood. If they are "highly modified" meaning upgraded turbo, then anything is possible at that point. The 500+lbs less curb weight really helps.

I think a lot of people forget that the Merc's are fairly heavy cars. Horsepower and torque are only numbers at that point. Having more doesn't gaurentee your car is faster.

RDOCA 01-11-2017 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dthquazi (Post 7021733)
I think a lot of people forget that the Merc's are fairly heavy cars. Horsepower and torque are only numbers at that point. Having more doesn't gaurentee your car is faster.

right on --the number to look at is the lbs. per HP and the C63S is about 7.8
Of course you have to get the power to the ground.

Dthquazi 01-11-2017 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by RDOCA (Post 7021745)
right on --the number to look at is the lbs. per HP and the C63S is about 7.8
Of course you have to get the power to the ground.

And that is using crank hp figures if we are using the same weight... I'm getting over 8 lbs per hp if you use stock whp numbers.

alexasa 01-11-2017 12:20 PM

The S3 is just about as fast as the c43.

The RS3 should be faster, stock.

Either way, the argument of weight is kinda moot - as those cars are fairly heavy themselves.

sean1.8t 01-11-2017 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by alexasa (Post 7021766)
The S3 is just about as fast as the c43.

The RS3 should be faster, stock.

Either way, the argument of weight is kinda moot - as those cars are fairly heavy themselves.

Both stock 0-62mph is ~4.6 seconds. But the C43 puts about 0.5 seconds on the RS3 in the 1/4.

Yes, the c43 ain't no featherweight. A few bills heavier than the RS3 but has a bit more HP and much more area under the curve, hence the similar speed numbers.

5ilver-5urfer 01-11-2017 01:10 PM

I don't know about being challenged on the road, but I seem to find that I'm never driving fast enough for Mazda 3 and Chevy Cruze drivers. I don't know what kind of engines they put in those cars, but apparently clearly better than any of the garbage that Mercedes or BMW pumps out.

RDOCA 01-11-2017 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer (Post 7021854)
I don't know about being challenged on the road, but I seem to find that I'm never driving fast enough for Mazda 3 and Chevy Cruze drivers. I don't know what kind of engines they put in those cars, but apparently clearly better than any of the garbage that Mercedes or BMW pumps out.

And young girls in Civics that are late for work.

mo11 01-11-2017 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by RDOCA (Post 7021924)
And young girls in Civics that are late for work.

Hahaha! Amen to that... i see minivans zoom passed by me, and i would tell myself had i been doing that speed and weaving in and out of lanes the way they do, I'd definitely get pulled over!

I literally got pulled over once in my previous e class coupe, just because it "looked" fast. I had it on cruise control at 40 on a 35, call me lazy. The motorcycle cop asked me "what's the hurry"?

famdeezy 01-11-2017 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by unagi1 (Post 7003235)
Yeah...similar power numbers but M2 is much lighter...highly suspect :rolleyes:

Maybe he meant M240, it looks similar to an M2

Mr. J 01-11-2017 03:19 PM

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/03/bmw...cla-45-on.html

Only about 1.5 sec difference b/t M2 and CLA45 on a controlled track with a pro driver. Barely .01 sec difference in a drag race b/t the A45 and M2. The CLA would probably have beaten a manual M2 on the lap. A well tuned CLA45 could beat either if the driver does his part.

Of course it's all up to the driver. This lap throws in the RS3 for more fun:

5ilver-5urfer 01-11-2017 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by mo11 (Post 7021957)
Hahaha! Amen to that... i see minivans zoom passed by me, and i would tell myself had i been doing that speed and weaving in and out of lanes the way they do, I'd definitely get pulled over!

I literally got pulled over once in my previous e class coupe, just because it "looked" fast. I had it on cruise control at 40 on a 35, call me lazy. The motorcycle cop asked me "what's the hurry"?

You should have told him you didn't want to keep his wife waiting :love:

#HowToGetBeatByThePoPo

mo11 01-11-2017 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer (Post 7022008)
You should have told him you didn't want to keep his wife waiting :love:

#HowToGetBeatByThePoPo

:rolf:

BallzOne 01-11-2017 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by sean1.8t (Post 7021451)

The new 2018 RS3 will hit 60 in 4.1 when it gets here later this year.

sean1.8t 01-11-2017 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by BallzOne (Post 7022350)
The new 2018 RS3 will hit 60 in 4.1 when it gets here later this year.

OK cool? Read the context my man...

That 'not even here' yet RS3 isn't the one SBH- was running in his car and the whole point to us talking about the RS3.

But you don't have to convince me how badass Audi's are. I've owned 2 and my parents drive 2014 A8 and 2017 Q7. If the New S4 was out last year, I'd be driving that instead of my 450 right now (I aint mad about that though :) )