C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worried new C63 owner desperately needs help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by ScoponeCazzone
C63 aren't coming out of Germany but Alabama
Coupe is from Germany.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:20 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C63s Estate, 2017 gla 45 [Sold] 2017 smart 44 brabus sport [for the Mrs]
It's a tricky one. The vehicle would have had to be left outside for a period of time before you bought it and in addition with the weather in the UK, it has snowed, rained, gone sub zero celcius quite often and virtually on a daily basis and the engine parts would have definitely got wet and frosted while at the dealership unless they kept it indoors in the showroom. I wouldnt be too concerned about the turbos but for piece of mind get them checked at a dealership. The leather creases are disappointing, though my gla had leathers and they had a few creases after a while.

The W204 didnt have any turbos on it though may have had cast iron parts which perhaps would have got the blackish crust which is why it never looked like anything rusted with an orange hue. Just speculating though.

In either case, sorry you are unhappy about the seats and turbos but at least posting your concerns on here has helped ensure i will keep a very close eye on my car when i pick it up tomorrow! I was vexed when my GLA 45 had 9 miles on it when i picked it up. It was built for me and wasnt a showroom piece. I took the car with gritted teeth but soon forgot about it once i ran the engine and other parts in over a few hundred miles. Then it didnt really matter anymore even though in the back of my mind i kept wondering how badly it was driven for those 9 miles especially when i was super careful during the run-in period. The concierge who handed the keys to me kept commenting on what a lovely car it is. i assume he put on quite a bit of those 9 miles on it given he turned the dial to sport mode when he drove it out of the showroom to the car park just 10 metres away...
Old 02-20-2018, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
You're in UK? So your GLA is made in Rastatt/Germany?
Do this:
Go to Google Earth and take a look at the Rastatt Plant.
They have a 3.2 Km test track. Measure it with the google ruler, if you don't believe me.
So every car ideally should go around the track. Most of the AMG probably do.
So maybe as it went around the track first time, there was a rattle and they had to drive it several more times before figuring it out, in addition to the dealer moving mileage.
Maybe for AMG, the standard is higher and while a regular GLA drives once around the track, the AMG can't leave till they re really buttoned up.
Don't be hung up in that type of distance reading, I'm sure the car will be fine.
The following users liked this post:
right_mr (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 12:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C63s Estate, 2017 gla 45 [Sold] 2017 smart 44 brabus sport [for the Mrs]
Yeah based in the UK meaning the GLA 45 was built in Germany.I got it in Oct 2016 and it never rattles or gives me any issues at all. I would have thought they would have reset the odometer once doing all their tests and shipping a vehicle with 0 miles on the clock, but anyhow, it doesnt matter. T. It has served me beautifully and is a fantastic car. i just wish it was a bit bigger. I dont mind that it is only 4 cylinder and it has a great rally car sound track, superb handling especially in wet weather and is much lighter than the C63s estate that i'm part exchanging it for tomorrow. I'll miss it! What i wont miss is always being on the wrong side of the speed limit. The C63 i'm sure will give me thrills at lower speeds and i wont be able to push it in bad weather like i do the GLA, so overall, i think my licence is going to be much safer!!!
Old 03-03-2018, 05:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 c63s coupe Fordfgt Supercar

Just checked mine and no rust......
Old 03-03-2018, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c63s Coupe
Originally Posted by tonyms
Hi

I am would really appreciate if someone could please help me with this.

I just picked up my C63 yesterday brand new (23 miles on the clock). I was really disappointed to find a number of small issues with the car. There is a stone chip and few scratches on the skirting which dealer is sending a smart repairer around to fix tomorrow. There are also wrinkles on the leather seat which look like it was caused by too many people getting in and out of the car.

The other thing I really worry about is the engine itself. Lifting up the bonnet, I can see the two turbo feeds look rusty (please see picture below). I really worry about this because the pictures of engines from other used C63 and C63s (W205) on Mercedes website don't even look rusty like that, mine is brand new. So if you currently own a C63, could you please confirm whether this is normal and yours also look like that when you picked up the car from brand new?

Also what do you think I should do about the minor damages above? apart from getting dealer to do the repair.

Many thanks in advance!

I would definitely note both concerns with the dealer....The scratches should have been addressed prior to picking up the car unless it was a demonstrator in which case these do sometimes is part in accepting the car as is (due to the reduced price)
My c63s scrolls seem to be coated in something as it only ever looks charcoal in colour after 11500 kms
The seats are still holding up after 12 Months although wrinkles do appear there and I think it is normal due to it being Napper Leather........Pictures attached of my car

Old 03-04-2018, 01:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 RC-F
Originally Posted by Art138

Just checked mine and no rust......
Is it difficult to remove the engine covers? I tried briefly and looked like it would take me more than a few minutes. I used to have a 2015 C63 507, was really easy to remove covers and get to the air filters.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 c63s coupe Fordfgt Supercar

Air filter covers must come off. Then there is the insulated shroud underneath the decorative aluminum cover. Plan on spending 30 minutes. Was your car ever left at a port or seaside? We see that condition on cars exposed to the beach here in Florida. As new as your car is that is not normal if garaged or kept a good distance from salt water.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:39 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
C63 amg esate
Originally Posted by Fordgt40
Not as rusty as mine, not acceptable
My rusty turbos are being replaced under warranty