Shorten Prompts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Shorten Prompts?

Does anybody know how to shorten the voice-prompts, for the nav system in particular?

When I press the "voice recognition" button on the steering wheel to enter a destination, the COMAND system always prompts me with a long-winded prompt: "Please enter the destination address by saying the street number, street name, city, state, zip code, country, special access code, your current address, your birth date including the day, month, year.... blah blah blah" and it takes forever. In my bimmer, it's just a simple "beep" and you say the address.

Is there any way to shorten this long-winded prompt on the COMAND system?
Old 03-05-2017, 12:43 AM

Received 181 Likes on 142 Posts
2017 C43
I know what you mean, hahaha! Have you tried just "rudely" interrupting it, before its done. I'm not sure, but i think it happened once where i was having a conversation with someone in the car while the prompt was still prompting...
The following users liked this post:
skim7x (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Yeah, interrupting it doesn't do much, unfortunately... it just keeps on talking.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by skim7x
Does anybody know how to shorten the voice-prompts, for the nav system in particular?

When I press the "voice recognition" button on the steering wheel to enter a destination, the COMAND system always prompts me with a long-winded prompt: "Please enter the destination address by saying the street number, street name, city, state, zip code, country, special access code, your current address, your birth date including the day, month, year.... blah blah blah" and it takes forever. In my bimmer, it's just a simple "beep" and you say the address.

Is there any way to shorten this long-winded prompt on the COMAND system?
If you have an iPhone don't use the buttons on the wheel. Turn on Hey Siri and just say hey Siri and give the number or name. done
skim7x (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 08:13 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
I don't have my car yet, but I know on near every other vehicle I have owned pressing the button a second time once the prompt has started just bypasses it all and you can start speaking right away
skim7x (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by RDOCA
If you have an iPhone don't use the buttons on the wheel. Turn on Hey Siri and just say hey Siri and give the number or name. done
I don't have an iPhone, but thanks, this might be useful to others who DO have an iPhone.
Originally Posted by kck77
I don't have my car yet, but I know on near every other vehicle I have owned pressing the button a second time once the prompt has started just bypasses it all and you can start speaking right away
I'll have to give that shot -- will report back if it works! Thanks!
Old 03-07-2017, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by kck77
Just for the record, pressing the button a second time doesn't work