Sponsored by:

Official exhaust software upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz C63S
Soo good.

Got this upgrade after my 2K rear differential replacement. I notice now that with the sound more prevalent now. The pops and gurgles are louder in Sport+. I am also getting better mpg in Comfort w/ Auto Start Off, when I am driving longer distances.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:31 PM

2016 C63S sedan
Hate to revive threads from half a year ago but I don't think this issue has been addressed. If I already have a tune on the car would going for the update remove it? Thanks
Old 01-07-2018, 01:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 S AMG
Have read the thread for some time.

Just to be clear, there are 2 updates? The TCU transmission update and the ECU update for the sound.

Whats is the ME update and the Map update?

Does anyone know how many updates are done to the C63 S AMG 2015 since production? Kind of want to force dealer to apply all updates as we it should be a given since we pay and shouñd have latest updates.

I will be taking my vehicle next week to a SA and try to get all these updates done, but want to be clear about the jerky shifting and the noise and all updates
Old 02-22-2018, 09:55 PM

17 C63s Coupe // 15 S63 // 17 Mazda MX-5
asked my local dealer for this update today while car is in for service, they said they can't do it since there's nothing wrong with it...so sad!
Old 02-23-2018, 01:04 AM

C63 S AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wmah523
asked my local dealer for this update today while car is in for service, they said they can't do it since there's nothing wrong with it...so sad!
Listen I went in for a Service A and this is what I said.

"I want to do a Service A and there is an issue with the gear shifting in Sport + mode. The shifting is kind of jerky between 2nd and 3rd gear or between 3rd gear and 4th gear. Also the exhaust is sounding kind of weird. It's does not sound correct. Sort of like a canary bird (SA laughs). I have this Sentry bulletin (bring in the paper) where this issue has been brought up and there is an update to the ECU and transmission for this (SA opens eyes big and calls in foreman since he doesn't know what to do)."

Foreman agree's he will take a look over the issues and update if necessary. No more questions asked... I even mentioned the Navigation update for 2018 and it was also done (if you don't ask they won't do it).The foreman was brought in and said okay there is no issue and we will update it if it's showing on the computer. If you don't say exactly what I said above, you better have a connection, friend or good SA that will help you out, because without a complaint they will not do it... unless that dealer is chillin.

Listen go to another mercedes benz dealer and go in as if there is a problem with the transmission and exhaust. They can't charge mercedes benz (warranty issue or software issue) if you go in for a simple update that not mandatory. They need to have a complaint to charge headquarters for their time. No free b's. I bought my car in carmax January 7 and went in for the update January 14. About 1 week after purchase and they never questioned me. I suggest you don't go back to the same dealer for the update... If you want to guarantee it. Try going in for a service since they make money on this and they might bend over for your complaint of the sound and transmission. If they don't just tell them, it's too expensive for the service and you will take it elsewhere. My car was serviced at carmax in December few months prior to purchase and I still went in for a Service A to achieve the sound update. Totally worth my $460 Service A. , tuned ECU, sound update, and map update, + service (totally worth it)

Good luck.

Last edited by Juniorp187; 02-23-2018 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Juniorp187
Listen I went in for a Service A and this is what I said.

"I want to do a Service A and there is an issue with the gear shifting in Sport + mode. The shifting is kind of jerky between 2nd and 3rd gear or between 3rd gear and 4th gear. Also the exhaust is sounding kind of weird. It's does not sound correct. Sort of like a canary bird (SA laughs). I have this Sentry bulletin (bring in the paper) where this issue has been brought up and there is an update to the ECU and transmission for this (SA opens eyes big and calls in foreman since he doesn't know what to do)."

Foreman agree's he will take a look over the issues and update if necessary. No more questions asked... I even mentioned the Navigation update for 2018 and it was also done (if you don't ask they won't do it).The foreman was brought in and said okay there is no issue and we will update it if it's showing on the computer. If you don't say exactly what I said above, you better have a connection, friend or good SA that will help you out, because without a complaint they will not do it... unless that dealer is chillin.

Listen go to another mercedes benz dealer and go in as if there is a problem with the transmission and exhaust. They can't charge mercedes benz (warranty issue or software issue) if you go in for a simple update that not mandatory. They need to have a complaint to charge headquarters for their time. No free b's. I bought my car in carmax January 7 and went in for the update January 14. About 1 week after purchase and they never questioned me. I suggest you don't go back to the same dealer for the update... If you want to guarantee it. Try going in for a service since they make money on this and they might bend over for your complaint of the sound and transmission. If they don't just tell them, it's too expensive for the service and you will take it elsewhere. My car was serviced at carmax in December few months prior to purchase and I still went in for a Service A to achieve the sound update. Totally worth my $460 Service A. , tuned ECU, sound update, and map update, + service (totally worth it)

Good luck.
Nice...I will try that
Old 02-23-2018, 12:52 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
C8, FF, C63S, 911 C4S, GTI, E350, Boxster S, 355, Esprit S4, Vantage, S5, Z4, M3, Miata, A4, 325is
Originally Posted by wmah523
If you take the time to read even just the 10 posts prior to yours, you would have your answer as to what to say or do.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by theclutch
If you take the time to read even just the 10 posts prior to yours, you would have your answer as to what to say or do.
Lol...I did and dealer still refused. I'll try another dealer.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:00 PM

2017 C63S AMG Coupe, 2016 BMW M3
About to take my car in for a few recalls that posted. My car is a 2017 Coupe with PE, picked up in Germany in May 2017 (Eurodelivery). Just curious,does anyone know if the new update (louder) was already installed? Otherwise I’ll just state the jerking and shifting issue occurs as well when I take it in for the recall corrections. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2018, 05:26 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
C63 amg esate
Originally Posted by jeremydfw
About to take my car in for a few recalls that posted. My car is a 2017 Coupe with PE, picked up in Germany in May 2017 (Eurodelivery). Just curious,does anyone know if the new update (louder) was already installed? Otherwise I’ll just state the jerking and shifting issue occurs as well when I take it in for the recall corrections. Thanks!
Mine has a build date of mid January 2018, I presume it has the update but exhaust noise is pretty quiet compared to my previous non PE C63 so I expect all the new ones are the same.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG C63s
Does anyone know the vehicle production cutoff date for the latest software?
Old 02-26-2018, 10:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Porsche GT3 RS / C63S sedan
Is there any way with command to check version?
Old 02-26-2018, 12:08 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
December 2016 builds and onwards came from factory with latest software.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 02-26-2018 at 12:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
scrapaholic (02-26-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 07:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C63S
Just dropped mine off at my local dealer for the update. Initially told them about the S+ jerkiness but also mentioned not getting the right exhaust characteristic as later builds. Random quotes from the SA:

- Where did you get this bulletin from?
- You may not be eligible (mine is 09/2015)
- You may not need it (??)

Then I had to take a tech for a drive, and random quotes from him:

- Never heard of this update
- May not apply to Australian market (I gave him Australian bulletin number)
- Do you always drive it in S+?

Then I offered to show him the exhaust note crackling/popping but he said he didn't need to hear it. Went back to the SA and asked how long it’ll take and he says “Look, IF your car is eligible for the update... maybe a day” bla bla.

Why do these guys need to be so reserved about it??? My issue is we only have the one MB dealership in the whole state so don’t have any alternatives. Hope this goes through cos the PE is so quiet imo and I don’t get any of the pops/crackles.

Last edited by Phorte; 04-22-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:39 PM

W205 C63S MY2015
Originally Posted by Phorte
Just dropped mine off at my local dealer for the update. Initially told them about the S+ jerkiness but also mentioned not getting the right exhaust characteristic as later builds. Random quotes from the SA:

Then I offered to show him the exhaust note crackling/popping but he said he didn't need to hear it. Went back to the SA and asked how long it’ll take and he says “Look, IF your car is eligible for the update... maybe a day” bla bla.

Why do these guys need to be so reserved about it??? My issue is we only have the one MB dealership in the whole state so don’t have any alternatives. Hope this goes through cos the PE is so quiet imo and I don’t get any of the pops/crackles.
I am told this turned into "W" bulletin which means its applicable all around the world, not just specific region.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C63S
After all their hesitation, they ended up installing it (along with the steering column recall). Sounds much better now!
Old 02-26-2019, 07:24 AM

C63S MY16 Sedan
Originally Posted by Phorte

Phorte, same issue here in Sydney. SA didn’t even want to consider it. Do you have the Bulletin number for Australia? Which dealership did you take it to? He literally refused to even look it up in the system.

Also the same guy that said no recalls are applicable to my car (which is a 2016). 🙄

Some of these SA’s are cooked
Old 04-18-2019, 02:20 PM

Mercedes C63s AMG
Picked up my 2016 C63s a few weeks ago and utterly love it however want a little more volume.

Ive read this thread with great interest and have contacted my dealer for the upgrades, like many in this thread they had no idea what I was talking about however they were helpful and willing to help out if possible. Just heard back from them after they looked into it and they say they are happy to upgrade all software to whatever the latest release is. My question is simply will this latest update incorporate the specific sentry update referenced in this thread automatically or do I need to ask them for this exact update?

would appreciate it if anyone could chime in, UK dealer if it makes any difference.

thanks...
Old 04-22-2019, 02:52 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
2010 C63, 2016 C63s, 2018 GLC63s
Does anyone know if this update is relevant to newer models?

ive sold my 2016 C63s and looking at coming back with a 2019/2020 C63s or glc63s. I miss the power and I definitely don’t want to miss the exhaust popping that came as part of this update!
Old 04-22-2019, 07:24 PM

Mercedes C63s AMG
Originally Posted by -Moleman-
Picked up my 2016 C63s a few weeks ago and utterly love it however want a little more volume.

Ive read this thread with great interest and have contacted my dealer for the upgrades, like many in this thread they had no idea what I was talking about however they were helpful and willing to help out if possible. Just heard back from them after they looked into it and they say they are happy to upgrade all software to whatever the latest release is. My question is simply will this latest update incorporate the specific sentry update referenced in this thread automatically or do I need to ask them for this exact update?

would appreciate it if anyone could chime in, UK dealer if it makes any difference.

thanks...
anyone able to answer this? Thanks
Old 04-23-2019, 04:41 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by -Moleman-
anyone able to answer this? Thanks
The updates are cumulative, so the latest one will include all those before it.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:36 AM

Mercedes C63s AMG
Thanks a lot, booked up for service and all available updates next week so hopefully will hear a difference!
Old 08-16-2019, 07:18 PM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
I'm bumping an old thread but I'm going through this now with my new car. My car is a 2017 and I took it in for it's first service when I first got it three weeks ago, when the SA ran my vin to set me up a file for the car she noticed there was a single ECU update. I denied it at the time for other reasons, which I probably shouldn't have. Either way, would this update come up when just running the cars VIN when in for a service, or is this something I'd specifically have to ask them to go find out about and install. I asked the shops foreman about the update and he had no idea what it. The SA gave me a print out(below) but it seems to differ from the numbers I'm seeing listed in here, although maybe it's different for each country - I'm in Canada. My car had never been in a dealership since new FWIW.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:15 AM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
I'm bumping an old thread but I'm going through this now with my new car. My car is a 2017 and I took it in for it's first service when I first got it three weeks ago, when the SA ran my vin to set me up a file for the car she noticed there was a single ECU update. I denied it at the time for other reasons, which I probably shouldn't have. Either way, would this update come up when just running the cars VIN when in for a service, or is this something I'd specifically have to ask them to go find out about and install. I asked the shops foreman about the update and he had no idea what it. The SA gave me a print out(below) but it seems to differ from the numbers I'm seeing listed in here, although maybe it's different for each country - I'm in Canada. My car had never been in a dealership since new FWIW.

Anyone have any input? Trying to figure out of this is something the service advisor would see as an update to be done based on my VIN, or if I have to actually find a service advisor that knows what this is.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:27 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
2010 C63, 2016 C63s, 2018 GLC63s
Get your SA to put in the effort and look up the descriptions for you.

Different NT countries have different identifications for the same update. We confirmed that a few times in this thread ie: US, Australia, UK all have a different ID but same description

i want this update for the GLC63. I notice a huge difference (lack of) lift off backfires compared to my 2016 C63s that received this update

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official exhaust software upgrade