C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took delivery of my Magno C63S today

Old 04-06-2017, 09:16 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
Took delivery of my Magno C63S today

After a long 5 month wait, I finally picked up the Magno C63S Coupé today. Canadian spec includes Magno Selenite paint, premium package, 360 camera, performance seats, night package, open pour ash wood interior trim and 19/20 matte black forged cross spoke wheels. I have added the new black hood badge, and Monday the car is heading for a full Xpel Stealth PPF, with 3M gloss black to complete the all black roof, as well as ceramic coating for the wheels. It will then go to my Mercedes Benz Collision centre to have the edition 1 front splitter installed. I will post more pictures in a few weeks once everything is finished!

Old 04-06-2017, 09:57 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
nothing
That really looks fantastic. I'm playing the waiting game and these pics just don't help my case :P.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Congrats, did you change the bonnet badge? or is that how the car came?
Old 04-07-2017, 08:20 AM

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 C63 Edition 507
Very, very nice....you'll love the Magno paint scheme. It looks different in different lighting conditions and super easy to take care of.

Last edited by pbaylog; 04-07-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:52 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe, Triumph 675R Daytona, Triumph Explorer.
SNAP!

While I have 2 motorbikes in matte paint, this is my first Matte car and I've found the paint to be a revelation!

Its so easy to clean and maintain. I had the front sections expel covered and the rest of the car (including wheels) was treated to Gyeon Q2 Matte, which I highly recommend. Water runs off the car easy and long rain showers almost act like self cleaning showers with water pulling dust off with it.
Tried Nanolex but it didn't last long.

Now the car just needs a snow foam, rinse, quick wash with Chemical Guys Matte wash and dry with MF towels. Instant awesomeness! No visible swirls, water marks, need for waxing or other last stage products.

My car cleaning routine went from 2 to 1 hour, inside and out.

I did pick up a very light scratch on a non-covered wheel arch a few weeks back and I just added a second coat of the Q2 Matte and it masked it up. I have trouble finding it close up now.

I'm only 3 months in and 2500 miles but I would say to anyone put off by the maintenance of matte paints to speak to owners first.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bluetonic
SNAP!

While I have 2 motorbikes in matte paint, this is my first Matte car and I've found the paint to be a revelation!

Its so easy to clean and maintain. I had the front sections expel covered and the rest of the car (including wheels) was treated to Gyeon Q2 Matte, which I highly recommend. Water runs off the car easy and long rain showers almost act like self cleaning showers with water pulling dust off with it.
Tried Nanolex but it didn't last long.

Now the car just needs a snow foam, rinse, quick wash with Chemical Guys Matte wash and dry with MF towels. Instant awesomeness! No visible swirls, water marks, need for waxing or other last stage products.

My car cleaning routine went from 2 to 1 hour, inside and out.

I did pick up a very light scratch on a non-covered wheel arch a few weeks back and I just added a second coat of the Q2 Matte and it masked it up. I have trouble finding it close up now.

I'm only 3 months in and 2500 miles but I would say to anyone put off by the maintenance of matte paints to speak to owners first.
I have had it for a day, and its rained on and off, and the car doesn't even look dirty.. where as any metallic paint would look filthy. I hummed and hawed over the Magno during my build time, and am so so happy i went with it. It looks incredible. Its almost like a gloss matte, if that makes any sense. As you mentioned, it looks totally different in all sorts of lighting and times of day. I am going to go for a full Xpel wrap as it doesn't change the look of the paint at all, and will ease my OCD as I am going to use this a daily driver here in Vancouver where there are many "questionable" drivers as well as rain. What do you recommend for a car wash for the Xpel on Magno paint combo?
Old 04-07-2017, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sanch
Congrats, did you change the bonnet badge? or is that how the car came?
Thanks Sanch; I had preordered/purchased the new black badge from my dealer a month ago; and was the first thing I did after picking up the car! Looks much better I find, especially on neutral paint schemes aka 98% of C63S exterior paint options. You have your black badge on order I think if I remember correctly?!
Old 04-07-2017, 06:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 AMG, Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Beautiful! Thing looks like satin. I'm so happy you're glad about all your choices. Looks great dude.
Congratulations and enjoy in good health.
Vancouver better prepare itself for that beast.
The following users liked this post:
kck77 (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 06:56 PM

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 C63 Edition 507
Friday night with a brand new Magno....how fun !!!

I've been using the Dr Beasley's matte care products for both body and and wheels and have been very pleased. I can't vouch for how it performs on a wrap, since mine isn't, but both sets of products seem to perform well. They even throw in some nice extras with a purchase!

Lots of threads about matte care when you search and best to hand wash and avoid any shampoos that contain wax.

Gorgeous ride you got there...

Last edited by pbaylog; 04-07-2017 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Because I wanted to...
kck77 (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
Thats a sexy car! Love it.
kck77 (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Widebody V8
Gorgeous! Congratulations!
kck77 (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 09:29 PM

Without getting into specifics as I have only had one day of seat time during break-in and in the rain .... two things have really stuck out to me ( besides the obvious beautiful comfy interior, amazing sound and looks ) :

1) I love the column shifter ( which comes as a pleasant surprise as many on here have voiced their contempt with it ); not just because it declutters the waterfall dash area, but because it is actually really simple to use.

2) For a 100k cdn car, the stereo absolutely blows. Like really bad. There is zero bass and depth, its all treble, and not even good treble. The kind that used to come out of my gettoblaster from when I was in 8th grade. And what is even a more pressing issue, is I am scared to have it all upgraded for fear of creating a mess of rattles, vibrations and squeaks... Honesty the sound quality is so bad for a car of this calibre I am embarrassed to have friends hear it.

My FX50 and Grand Sport C6 Bose systems absolutely kill this fake "Burmester" system

Last edited by kck77; 04-07-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:21 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by kck77
Without getting into specifics as I have only had one day of seat time during break-in and in the rain .... two things have really stuck out to me ( besides the obvious beautiful comfy interior, amazing sound and looks ) :

1) I love the column shifter ( which comes as a pleasant surprise as many on here have voiced their contempt with it ); not just because it declutters the waterfall dash area, but because it is actually really simple to use.

2) For a 100k cdn car, the stereo absolutely blows. Like really bad. There is zero bass and depth, its all treble, and not even good treble. The kind that used to come out of my gettoblaster from when I was in 8th grade. And what is even a more pressing issue, is I am scared to have it all upgraded for fear of creating a mess of rattles, vibrations and squeaks... Honesty the sound quality is so bad for a car of this calibre I am embarrassed to have friends hear it.

My FX50 and Grand Sport C6 Bose systems absolutely kill this fake "Burmester" system
mess around with the equalizer, it gets better
Old 04-08-2017, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by jkob5
mess around with the equalizer, it gets better
This is true.. I have played with the treble/mid/bass ... but not the fade. Maybe the fronts are a little stronger... but with that being said, the lack of bass/depth is very apparent. This article absolutely NAILS the 2015 + C63S Burmester system.... not surprisingly, there are actually no "Burmester" components within the system. And as the author states, a massive lack of woofers and mid-range depth. If i was not so scared about turning what seems like a solid built unit ( no rattles, squeaks, buzzing as many other C63S owners have reported ) into a rattle box, I would be having the system overhauled asap.

https://w205audio.wordpress.com/2016...rmester-audio/
Old 04-08-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VW GTI
Nice ride... How come I don't see the Magno color as an option in the US? Is that a Canada-only option?
Old 04-08-2017, 09:04 AM

Magno was available in Canada for the C63S Coupe only for the first 2017 model year, it will not be available for 2018 .. it's not available in the US unless you purchase an edition 1
Old 04-09-2017, 11:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 169 Likes on 118 Posts
E90 M3, F80 M3, C63 507, F90 M5
Gorgeous.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:13 PM

Roof black-out in 3M Gloss covered with Xpel Ultimate ... and a full Xpel Stealth on the rest of the vehicle. Like a few others on the forum with Magno painted coupes have said, you cannot tell an xpel stealth wrapped panel from the non wrapped Magno painted panel, they are near identical in look and feel. It was a cost that is a little hard to swallow after spending so much on the car to begin with, but with this Magno paint and being a daily driver, its a must do in my eyes. I can now enjoy the car without worrying. I got a rock that hit the hood on my way from the dealer to the shop for the ppf that left a very small chip... not noticeable now after the ppf install; but definitely made spending the money for it all that much easier. I live near the ocean, and the car was covered in seagull crap after coming out from a dinner last night; seagull crap is extremely acidic due to their diet... and i didn't have to worry at all. Within one week of having the car, the PPF has already paid for itself in protection and piece of mind. Rear three windows tinted with 35% ceramic for that stock privacy glass look.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 C63S Coupe Edition 1
looks great!!! I am taking delivery of Magno Edition 1 shortly and this post was very helpful in making a decision on PPF and other paint protection options. thanks!
Old 05-31-2017, 10:25 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
I love my Xpel Stealth wrap, even on my glossy iridium silver (making it matte). Quick exterior car wash and the car looks brand new.. with zero worries about swirls.