New C63s Edition 1 sedan. Few questions PLS HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 AMG C63S edition 1
New C63s Edition 1 sedan. Few questions PLS HELP

Hey fellas.
I have had my C63s Edition 1 (Aussie spec) for about a month now and loving it.
Just a few questions to wise me up before I take it to the dealer.

"Race Start" (Launch control) Just will not work! It doesn't really bother me, but I would like to know why since there may be some underlying issue that actually will bother me. And this relates to my 2nd issue..
I drive through the city in manual mode almost always,, I have my individual mode setup like this.
Suspension=Comfort
Transmission+Manual
Traction=Sports+

Sometimes, even when I am going way slow enough, I cannot select a lower gear. Most of the time it is ok, but sometimes, randomly it just won't..

Lucky last.. when I unlock the car in my garage (low light) the light underneath the exterior passenger mirror flashes, and beeps?

If any of you fellow owners have any similar experiences I would appreciate the feedback!
Thanks!!
Old 04-27-2017, 05:57 AM

2016 AMG C63S edition 1
Oh by the way, I own a composites company, hence the name..
And YES, we are working on carbon RHD mirror covers, and other parts
Old 04-27-2017, 11:35 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s
When you try using launch control is the car at normal running temp? It wont engage if the car is cold. Its a built in safety measure to protect the motor. When your driving slow, what RPM are you at and what gear are you trying to select?
Old 04-27-2017, 11:49 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
nothing
Originally Posted by Zelvy Carbon
Hey fellas.

"Race Start" (Launch control) Just will not work! It doesn't really bother me, but I would like to know why since there may be some underlying issue that actually will bother me. And this relates to my 2nd issue..
I drive through the city in manual mode almost always,, I have my individual mode setup like this.
Suspension=Comfort
Transmission+Manual
Traction=Sports+

Sometimes, even when I am going way slow enough, I cannot select a lower gear. Most of the time it is ok, but sometimes, randomly it just won't..

Lucky last.. when I unlock the car in my garage (low light) the light underneath the exterior passenger mirror flashes, and beeps?

If any of you fellow owners have any similar experiences I would appreciate the feedback!
Thanks!!
The transmission won't kick down until a predefined speed is reach to avoid clunky downshifts at low speeds. This helps in overall smoothness and protects the transmission as well. You wouldn't want to "accidentally" downshift to 1st at 25mph+ since that isn't good for the transmission.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Hey fellas.

Suspension=Comfort
Transmission+Manual
Traction=Sports+

Thanks!!
How exactly do you do race start?
Old 04-28-2017, 01:35 AM

2016 AMG C63S edition 1
Originally Posted by dforman15
When you try using launch control is the car at normal running temp? It wont engage if the car is cold. Its a built in safety measure to protect the motor. When your driving slow, what RPM are you at and what gear are you trying to select?
Yes, I have read the manual, searched here, seen the youtube vids. At operating temps.
Same goes for downshifting, definitely going slow enough, since like I said, sometimes it will downshift no problem.

What about the rear view mirror flashing and beeping? anyone?
Old 04-28-2017, 10:42 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Yes, I have read the manual, searched here, seen the youtube vids. At operating temps.
Same goes for downshifting, definitely going slow enough, since like I said, sometimes it will downshift no problem.

What about the rear view mirror flashing and beeping? anyone?
Hi. I take it you are talking about the Blindspot Assist.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:31 AM

2016 AMG C63S edition 1
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Hi. I take it you are talking about the Blindspot Assist.
LOL naah mate, I know what that is.
The courtesy light on the bottom of the mirror flashes and beeps..