C63s ECU options in AUS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Mercedes C63s AMG
C63s ECU options in AUS

Hi guys New to the forum,

Purchased my 2016 c63s AMG late last year and loving it so far. However like most of us here i'm chasing more power haha. Being in Australia its very limited with tuning options as pulling the ecu out and sending it overseas while being carless for weeks doesnt seem to be a reasonable option. I was wondering what everyone thought about piggyback tunes specially the australian "WILLALL RACING". Was wondering if anyone on here has it or has had experience with the company.

Also what is everyone's thoughts on the Akrapovic Catback exhausts? Was wondering if it was worth the hefty price tag. I hear it isn't as loud as other brands such as armytrix and IPE etc. Works for me as i'm not after something super loud, just something with a nicer and slightly deeper tone to the perf exhaust. Was wondering if it's noticeably louder.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-04-2017, 10:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 s
Hi don't waste your money on catback exhaust just get downpipes and tune. As for tune talk to Allen from International Auto-Haus
The following users liked this post:
envy (06-05-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 10:47 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Porsche 911, C63S AMG, 300CE 24
Have been wondering the same thing and also found the WILLALL RACING piggyback. As far as sound goes, check out the secondary cat delete threads, lots of people really happy with that (cheap) mod. please update the thread on what you decide with the tune. Where in Aus are you?
envy (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 04:21 AM

2016 Mercedes C63s AMG
I hear having downpipes are abit too loud and labour intensive. I've heard getting downpipes in you would have to drop the gearbox or motor? I may be wrong, but that is what kind of put me off with ECU removal tunes and Downpipes is the fact that it's so labour intensive. Coming from the Volkswagen/Audi scene, it is so much easier with OBDII tunes and hardware installations haha. As you can probably tell, this is only my 2nd Mercedes so i'm pretty nooby in the modification scene.

Im Located in Brisbane Spence. I have spoken to the guys at Willall racing. They have said a few people have had good power results with the piggyback. The Owners Wife i believe has fitted a downpipe along with the tune and has seen results of something like 360-370kwatrw which is very impressive. I really just want to know if it has any issues and its reliability etc.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:33 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
ECU tuning in Sydney Australia

Originally Posted by envy

Purchased my 2016 c63s AMG late last year and loving it so far. However like most of us here i'm chasing more power haha. Being in Australia its very limited with tuning options as pulling the ecu out and sending it overseas while being carless for weeks doesnt seem to be a reasonable option. I was wondering what everyone thought about piggyback tunes specially the australian "WILLALL RACING". Was wondering if anyone on here has it or has had experience with the company.

Also what is everyone's thoughts on the Akrapovic Catback exhausts? Was wondering if it was worth the hefty price tag. I hear it isn't as loud as other brands such as armytrix and IPE etc. Works for me as i'm not after something super loud, just something with a nicer and slightly deeper tone to the perf exhaust. Was wondering if it's noticeably louder.

Thanks guys!
BMR Autowerkes in Sydney is an OE Tuning Master Dealer and Install center. Same day tuning service offered at their location. Dyno and other services are also available. ECU send in from other Australian locations with same day turnaround on ECUs is also offered for those not in Sydney.
Ask for Allen

BMR Autowerkes
Address: 28 Hampstead Rd, Auburn NSW 2144, Australia
Hours: 8AM–5:30PM
Phone: +61 2 8322 7820
The following 2 users liked this post by SALES@OETUNING:
envy (06-06-2017), Sanch (06-05-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 05:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG C63S Coupe
Hi Envy,

Just had my car tuned at MR Tuning at Yatala last week. They get it through Evolve which in turn use the PP Performance ECU tune.

Only had it done for a week, but it feels strong. Will happily spin the wheels at 70-80km on a nice dry road in a straight line. Frankly it's mostly just more un-usable power down low. Certainly gets up and shuffles up top, but haven't had much of a chance to really open it up. I did notice it really lifting the front a bit more at 100km/h when I nailed it. Can't remember the front lifting quite like that before.

I got it done because I can't help myself with my cars... I love to tinker, but frankly, you don't need it for a daily driver ( which mine is ).

Any more info you need... just ask

Cheers,
Scar
Attached Thumbnails C63s ECU options in AUS-c63-coupe1.jpg  
envy (06-06-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 07:11 AM

Received 117 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Scarafin
Hi Envy,

Just had my car tuned at MR Tuning at Yatala last week. They get it through Evolve which in turn use the PP Performance ECU tune.

Only had it done for a week, but it feels strong. Will happily spin the wheels at 70-80km on a nice dry road in a straight line. Frankly it's mostly just more un-usable power down low. Certainly gets up and shuffles up top, but haven't had much of a chance to really open it up. I did notice it really lifting the front a bit more at 100km/h when I nailed it. Can't remember the front lifting quite like that before.

I got it done because I can't help myself with my cars... I love to tinker, but frankly, you don't need it for a daily driver ( which mine is ).

Cheers,
Scar
Scar, your coupe looks sick mate.

Did you go the downpipe route?

Did you do a before and after dyno?

What were the results and gain?
Old 06-06-2017, 08:02 AM

2016 Mercedes C63s AMG
Hi Envy,

Cheers,
Scar

Thanks for the response mate, mint 63s coupe u got there!!

I figured that would be the case with the tune, as mashing the throttle in 2nd gear already gives it some decent wheel spin especially now that the weather is starting to get cold haha. Just wanted to know how un-usable it is down low Compared to stock lets say in 2nd gear? is it heavy wheel spin all throughout the gear? Would really hate it if low end fun becomes completely pointless hah.

Also if you don't mind me asking, other than the actual ECU, was the labour for the ecu removal etc. pricey as i do hear its a lot of effort removing it. And did they have to pull apart the transmission etc just to get to the ecu?

Just like you, im a sucker for more power haha .

cheers
Old 06-06-2017, 11:15 PM

C63s w205
Exhaust

Last edited by Stephen Smorgon; 06-06-2017 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:20 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Porsche 911, C63S AMG, 300CE 24
Originally Posted by Stephen Smorgon
Hi envy

I am in Melbourne and just deleted the secondary cats and put on a Remus cat back exhaust, sounds beastly... No tune as yet but I cant recommend deleting the cats enough.
Ha, I think we went to uni together Stephen, nice car choice!

Im Located in Brisbane Spence. I have spoken to the guys at Willall racing. They have said a few people have had good power results with the piggyback. The Owners Wife i believe has fitted a downpipe along with the tune and has seen results of something like 360-370kwatrw which is very impressive. I really just want to know if it has any issues and its reliability etc.
Warranty is the concern with a tune, the AMG tech said he can detect it and it will void my warranty.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C63 AMG 507
Hi Envy,

Cheers,
Scar
Nice one. Car looks superb!
Scarafin (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 02:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG S Coupe
Thumbs up

Hi Envy,

Cheers,
Scar
Nice ride champ, love those wheels
Scarafin (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 05:22 AM

'16 AMG C63S Coupe
Thanks for the response mate, mint 63s coupe u got there!!

I figured that would be the case with the tune, as mashing the throttle in 2nd gear already gives it some decent wheel spin especially now that the weather is starting to get cold haha. Just wanted to know how un-usable it is down low Compared to stock lets say in 2nd gear? is it heavy wheel spin all throughout the gear? Would really hate it if low end fun becomes completely pointless hah.

Also if you don't mind me asking, other than the actual ECU, was the labour for the ecu removal etc. pricey as i do hear its a lot of effort removing it. And did they have to pull apart the transmission etc just to get to the ecu?

Just like you, im a sucker for more power haha .

cheers
If you roll into the throttle a bit instead of just mashing it, it's fine.
No removal of Trans.. but the PP tune is a little pricey compared to some of the others. I think RDO has done some solid research on whats available.

My car has just hit 11k kms now... so I'm comfortable doing a tune, and my dealer is aware of the tune. Obviously if something related to the tune breaks.. well its on my dime.

Overall I'm happy I've had it done

Scar
Old 06-07-2017, 05:28 AM

'16 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by RDO247
Scar, your coupe looks sick mate.

Did you go the downpipe route?

Did you do a before and after dyno?

What were the results and gain?

Thanks mate... yeah KW HAS installed.. and the new wheels certainly gives it a more aggressive look and stance.

Didn't go the downpipes as I found the added price for power unjustified. Sound is a personal preference and honestly, for a daily driver I just leave the exhaust open in sport+ and it's beautiful in my opinion.

Didn't get a before and after dyno.. but I wish I did. It ended up being a rush between my work availability to get done. Might still get a dyno done just to see the results.

Cheers,
Scar
Old 06-07-2017, 05:30 AM

'16 AMG C63S Coupe
One from the other end

Cheers,
Scar
Attached Thumbnails C63s ECU options in AUS-c63-coupe.jpg  
Old 06-07-2017, 05:31 AM

C63S
If you roll into the throttle a bit instead of just mashing it, it's fine.
No removal of Trans.. but the PP tune is a little pricey compared to some of the others. I think RDO has done some solid research on whats available.

My car has just hit 11k kms now... so I'm comfortable doing a tune, and my dealer is aware of the tune. Obviously if something related to the tune breaks.. well its on my dime.

Overall I'm happy I've had it done

Scar
Scar, who do you service through?

I've also found a Brisbane tuner that can do a custom tune and has a very good reputation.

Still researching tho and need to confirm theirs no glitches in the two tunes I'm looking at.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:52 PM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 188 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com

Thanks guys!

If you've ever had the chance to watch this video from beginning to end you will never ask again if an Akrapovic Exhaust is worth the price tag -

PM me, I have a special deal waiting for you and any other C63 owners looking to acquire the Akra system.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by thewb

If you've ever had the chance to watch this video from beginning to end you will never ask again if an Akrapovic Exhaust is worth the price tag - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGgyXIMBVnE&t=696s

PM me, I have a special deal waiting for you and any other C63 owners looking to acquire the Akra system.
I just watched the video. Quick question, is the Akrapovic exhaust really worth the cost?
The following 2 users liked this post by weboperations:
Scarafin (06-07-2017), thewb (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 06:09 PM

'16 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by weboperations
I just watched the video. Quick question, is the Akrapovic exhaust really worth the cost?

You must be a fellow Dad with humour like that

Dad humour is a developed skill

Cheers,
Scar
Old 06-07-2017, 06:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
Old 06-07-2017, 06:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 s
Originally Posted by RDO247
Scar, who do you service through?

I've also found a Brisbane tuner that can do a custom tune and has a very good reputation.

Still researching tho and need to confirm theirs no glitches in the two tunes I'm looking at.
Which tuner is that that can do custom tune, Rencal Motors?
Old 06-07-2017, 08:21 PM

2017 c63s edition 1 coupe
+1 to down pipes,tune and filters . My c63s coupe made 380rwkw. best money Ive spent the car is ridiculous now
Old 06-07-2017, 08:50 PM

2017 c63s edition 1 coupe

sorry for the ****ty quality
Old 06-07-2017, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Magno507
Magno507 (06-07-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 11:35 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by Magno507
+1 to down pipes,tune and filters . My c63s coupe made 380rwkw. best money Ive spent the car is ridiculous now
What tune did you go for?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63s ECU options in AUS